Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
3rd Presidential Debate - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: 3rd Presidential Debate (/Thread-3rd-Presidential-Debate)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: 3rd Presidential Debate - fredtoast - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 12:28 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: By hiding in his basement?

By releasing statements daily.

Much smarter and cheaper than running all over the country talking to people who are going to vote for him anyway.

Trump is not gaining A SINGLE VOTE with any of his rallies.  Everyone who attends those rallies are already going to vote for him.  The only purpose they serve is stroking his ego.

Cry all you want to about Biden "hiding in his basement" but he is kicking Trumps ass while doing it.  What does that say about your Donald?  Biden does not even have to leave his basement to beat him.

RE: 3rd Presidential Debate - Mickeypoo - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The public has more enthusiasm to vote for Biden that Trump.

The fact that Trump can draw a few thousand frothing fans means nothing when it take millions to win an election.

We will see how it shakes out in less than 2 weeks.

RE: 3rd Presidential Debate - Nately120 - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 12:35 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Our entire team has been working on-site for all but 3 weeks early on.  No issues.

It's not pretending, it's living.

I've been working remotely since 2017 so apparently I've been dead for years, who knew?  I had no idea going to a building and drinking free office coffee was living.  

My point is lots of voters are working from home. Expecting people who work from home because of covid to consider Biden a cowardly loser for doing the same thing may not be campaign gold. 

(10-21-2020, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: By releasing statements daily.

Much smarter and cheaper than running all over the country talking to people who are going to vote for him anyway.

Trump is not gaining A SINGLE VOTE with any of his rallies.  Everyone who attends those rallies are already going to vote for him.  The only purpose they serve is stroking his ego.

Cry all you want to about Biden "hiding in his basement" but he is kicking Trumps ass while doing it.  What does that say about your Donald?  Biden does not even have to leave his basement to beat him.

We will see how it shakes out in less than 2 weeks.

(10-21-2020, 12:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've been working remotely since 2017 so apparently I've been dead for years, who knew?  I had no idea going to a building and drinking free office coffee was living.  

My point is lots of voters are working from home. Expecting people who work from home because of covid to consider Biden a cowardly loser for doing the same thing may not be campaign gold. 

I don't think he's hiding from Covid, he's hiding from the media and he is cowardly.

(10-21-2020, 12:40 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: We will see how it shakes out in less than 2 weeks.

There is little chance this election is decided and finished in a succinct manner.  

(10-21-2020, 12:41 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I don't think he's hiding from Covid, he's hiding from the media and he is cowardly.

Hiding from the media that spins his dementia rambling into greatness?

(10-21-2020, 12:40 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: We will see how it shakes out in less than 2 weeks.

If Trump loses will you admit that the election was fair?

(10-21-2020, 12:41 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I don't think he's hiding from Covid, he's hiding from the media and he is cowardly.

Why would he hide from the media if they are all on his side?

He isn't being cowardly.  He is being smart.  Trump is going full out psycho in his rallies.  This energizes his small base, but at the same time it turns off the undecided voters in the middle who will actually decide the election.

I predict Biden's lead will continue to increase the more rallies Trump has. 

RE: 3rd Presidential Debate - BmorePat87 - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 11:56 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Because he cannot draw more than 10 people.

You seriously think if Biden could go head to head with Trump on enthusiasm and rally attendance he wouldn't be doing it?

He hides and let's the media throw shade for him.

He can't draw more than 10 people? Come on, that's just silly. 

(10-21-2020, 12:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He can't draw more than 10 people? Come on, that's just silly. 

Didnt bidens town hall ratings beat Trump's?  Im not saying biden is going to win but he seems to have more than 10 people watching him. 

(10-21-2020, 12:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He can't draw more than 10 people? Come on, that's just silly. 

Sorry, 20.  

RE: 3rd Presidential Debate - bfine32 - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The public has more enthusiasm to vote for Biden that Trump.

The fact that Trump can draw a few thousand frothing fans means nothing when it take millions to win an election.

The public has more enthusiasm to not vote for Trump than to vote for Trump. No one outside of the Biden household is enthusiastic about Biden.

But we'll see how it plays out. Seems like only yesterday I was told that I could "write it down" that Hills would get the White House in 2016.

(10-21-2020, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The public has more enthusiasm to not vote for Trump than to vote for Trump. No one outside of the Biden household is enthusiastic about Biden.

But we'll see how it plays out. Seems like only yesterday I was told that I could "write it down" that Hills would get the White House in 2016.

True. Trump himself had to be surprised he won seeing as people who know they are going to win usually don't spend their time saying the contest is rigged. 

Trump had me convinced it was Hillay in 2016, not the polls. Last time I listen to that nut. 

(10-21-2020, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why would he hide from the media if they are all on his side?

He isn't being cowardly.  He is being smart.  Trump is going full out psycho in his rallies.  This energizes his small base, but at the same time it turns off the undecided voters in the middle who will actually decide the election.

I predict Biden's lead will continue to increase the more rallies Trump has. 

I disagree.

RE: 3rd Presidential Debate - BigPapaKain - 10-21-2020

That same media you're saying has a massive left lean in other topics?

RE: 3rd Presidential Debate - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 12:35 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Our entire team has been working on-site for all but 3 weeks early on.  No issues.

It's not pretending, it's living.

You mean at the hospital where you’re forced to follow the pandemic protocols of health experts? Instead of just “open it up” as you suggest?

RE: 3rd Presidential Debate - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-21-2020

He’s hiding from the media who will only report “rainbows, unicorns, and puppies” the nanosecond he is elected?

RE: 3rd Presidential Debate - Dill - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 08:20 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Much easier to have info fed to him.

This is puzzling.

Biden has much better recall and more detailed knowledge of all the issues likely to come up. If Trump is muted for two minutes, Biden would need no help laying out a policy postion, step by step.

Trump cannot do that. He just offers impressions of people and policies ("Loser!" "disastrous!" "Nobody believed we could do it that fast!" "Fauci is an idiot!" "Biden is a criminal" "Antifa!!"). He doesn't really explain HOW a policy is to work or provide information and data, or when he does, it is generally wrong--like 85% of people who wear masks still get COVID. He'll claim nobody could have managed the pandemic better and we are in for a depression if Biden wins.  Fear and threats over information and plans. 

To repeat: Trump CANNOT explain how a policy works--even his own.

His campaign strategy is to cry foul no matter who moderates or how the debate is set up. 

He will do this before, during and after the debate, because he is afraid of a real debate, in which positions are stated clearly enough to be compared and contrasted.

And 41% of the country will believe the media respond "unfairly" to his rants and tantrums.

RE: 3rd Presidential Debate - Dill - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 11:10 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You don't think Trump struggles unscripted? He goes off on tangents when left to his own devices on a regular basis. He has had many, many gaffs. When unscripted he merely feeds off the audience and reverts to tropes that do well with his base. That isn't good for a debate.

Trump is "off script" and "on tangents" only to people expecting him to detail and set policy. 

I don't think his supporters are much interested in that. In their view, a "lock her up" chant is not off script, nor is a long rant about Hunter Biden's "criminal history" a tangent, though to us that may be WAY off the topic of how to lead the nation through a pandemic.

I'd say its the opposite--he struggles when scripted. He senses his audience is not interested in a step by step presentation of CDC guidelines or any approach to the pandemic that requires self-discipline/personal responsibility. "Get your state back open!" is what they want to hear. "Fauci is an idiot." "Biden is hidin'!" That IS the script for them.