Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? (/Thread-Is-it-OK-for-biological-males-to-compete-against-women)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - Nately120 - 06-22-2023

(06-22-2023, 09:50 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I am not in favor of our government wasting time on senseless legislation, but whenever the trans in sports issue starts to cost people opportunities for scholarships, actual scholarships themselves, and even money, then maybe it isn't as senseless as some believe. And while it may only be a "few" or a few "hundred" it needs to be addressed as it will only become more widespread. 

This can be alleviated by private colleges choosing to offer scholarships to biological women who finish behind trans women.  I'd go so far as to say business savvy individuals and institutions could spin this as a real positive and profitable thing given how many people would see the aggrieved woman as being a victim of the times and an inspirational story.

We all talk about our hypothetical daughters getting screwed by losing to a trans woman, but if my hypothetical daughter comes in second to a trans woman I'm getting a press agent and getting Fox News on the phone and getting a Go Fund Me set up and calling every non ultra liberal college and shaking them down to give her a scholarship to show how much they support fairness in women's sports. 

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - GMDino - 06-22-2023

(06-22-2023, 10:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This can be alleviated by private colleges choosing to offer scholarships to biological women who finish behind trans women.  I'd go so far as to say business savvy individuals and institutions could spin this as a real positive and profitable thing given how many people would see the aggrieved woman as being a victim of the times and an inspirational story.

We all talk about our hypothetical daughters getting screwed by losing to a trans woman, but if my hypothetical daughter comes in second to a trans woman I'm getting a press agent and getting Fox News on the phone and getting a Go Fund Me set up and calling every non ultra liberal college and shaking them down to give her a scholarship to show how much they support fairness in women's sports. 

Did someone lose a scholarship or did a trans person get a scholarship?  Or is just another thing that never happened for he right to get mad about?

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - Nately120 - 06-22-2023

(06-22-2023, 10:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Did someone lose a scholarship or did a trans person get a scholarship?  Or is just another thing that never happened for he right to get mad about?

Possibly.  I'm just saying if trans women in sports is something that bugs you, you probably aren't going to be upset your daughter isn't going to a school that gives their women's sports scholarships to trans women.  A lot of americans who are worried about females losing on scholarships probably think going to college is going to turn their daughters into communist lesbians, anyways.

Ok, that may be a stretch but not as much of a stretch as it should be. 

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - Mickeypoo - 06-23-2023

(06-22-2023, 10:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Did someone lose a scholarship or did a trans person get a scholarship?  Or is just another thing that never happened for he right to get mad about?

Is a biological male a female?  No.

When said male is allowed to compete against females, in an all female sport, he is taking away an opportunity/money/rank, etc., from a female.  I don't care how few times it happens.  It's should never, ever happen.  So much for caring about women.  Just cancel and erase them.  They are just birthing people or people with uteruses. Pretty much useless.  Right?

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - Mickeypoo - 06-23-2023

(06-22-2023, 09:50 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: As I am reading this thread and formulating a reply in my head, I came across this post. 

This is a masterpiece. It sums up perfectly my thoughts and what I wanted to reply. Thank you. You put it into words better than I ever could have. 

I am not in favor of our government wasting time on senseless legislation, but whenever the trans in sports issue starts to cost people opportunities for scholarships, actual scholarships themselves, and even money, then maybe it isn't as senseless as some believe. And while it may only be a "few" or a few "hundred" it needs to be addressed as it will only become more widespread. 

It's interesting to see the mental and logical gymnastics that people are doing to defend the indefensible. From arguing about young children playing sports together, to citing recreational co-ed sports, to girls playing HS football among other things, it laughable. 

Let's be honest, this isn't about any of those things. It is specifically about men playing in women's sports at the highest academic levels. 
It doesn't matter if U7 soccer is co-ed. It doesn't matter if U9 girls soccer kicks U9 boys ass. It doesn't matter that the occasional girls soccer player kicks FGs for the HS football team, she's actually competing UP a level.   

What matters is girls at the highest levels of athletics, the level that is the culmination of years of hard work and the level that can actually bring them recognition, scholarships, and money, could be robbed of those opportunities. It's unfair. And shouldn't be allowed. Period. End of story. Full stop. 

What is ironic is that the ideology that is supposed to be the most supportive of women can suddenly be so anti-woman. To everyone who is defending this absurdity at any level, I have to ask, 'why are you anti-woman and why do you hate them so much?' 

This 1000%

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - StrictlyBiz - 06-23-2023

(06-22-2023, 10:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This can be alleviated by private colleges choosing to offer scholarships to biological women who finish behind trans women.  I'd go so far as to say business savvy individuals and institutions could spin this as a real positive and profitable thing given how many people would see the aggrieved woman as being a victim of the times and an inspirational story.

And how long before cries of discrimination, bigotry, and hate ring out against said institutions when the woman who finished behind the trans athlete is offered a scholarship over the trans athlete simply because she isn't trans? 

Potentially. And if this is allowed to normalize, that 'potentially' will almost assuredly happen. 

I see that you two are going with the 'it doesn't happen' or the 'it happens so little, it doesn't matter' or the 'it doesn't happen to you (hypothetical daughter)' defense. 

What are your stances on governmental bans/control/regulation regarding assault rifles (no need to state it, I already looked)? If you're being honest and consistent, you should either not have an opinion, or be against government ban/control/regulation, since people being shot and killed by assault weapons 'happens so little' and that you likely do not know of anyone personally who has been (hypothetical friend). 

Neither of you have answered the questions...why are you anti-woman and why do you hate women?

I love this topic as it is has the Left chasing their tails and exposes the most dizzy ideologues who are unable to stop the tail chasing and look up LMAO

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - GMDino - 06-23-2023

(06-23-2023, 09:09 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: And how long before cries of discrimination, bigotry, and hate ring out against said institutions when the woman who finished behind the trans athlete is offered a scholarship over the trans athlete simply because she isn't trans? 

Potentially. And if this is allowed to normalize, that 'potentially' will almost assuredly happen. 

I see that you two are going with the 'it doesn't happen' or the 'it happens so little, it doesn't matter' or the 'it doesn't happen to you (hypothetical daughter)' defense. 

What are your stances on governmental bans/control/regulation regarding assault rifles (no need to state it, I already looked)? If you're being honest and consistent, you should either not have an opinion, or be against government ban/control/regulation, since people being shot and killed by assault weapons 'happens so little' and that you likely do not know of anyone personally who has been (hypothetical friend). 

Neither of you have answered the questions...why are you anti-woman and why do you hate women?

I love this topic as it is has the Left chasing their tails and exposes the most dizzy ideologues who are unable to stop the tail chasing and look up LMAO

My stance on guns is that we have a right to own them as is in the constitution.  

There are more guns than people in the US.  Guns travel across state lines and have the potential to affect absolutely anyone at any time.  So if Congress or a state legislature chooses to pass a law that applies to everyone who owns or could potentially own a gun that is the apples to the trans sports person oranges, IMHO.

And I didn't answer that question because it doesn't deserve an answer.  Obviously we don't hate women.  Obviously we are having a discussion on whether the possibility of a trans person participating in a sport is unfair or need banned or regulated and by who.

And obviously we want to treat all people with respect who are not harming others.

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - GMDino - 06-23-2023

Since we are using swimming as the example here I found this:

https://scholarshipstats.com/swimming

Quote:Odds of a High School Swimmer competing in College  2022:

[color=var(--head-text-color)]College Swimming Odds 2022:

[color=var(--head-text-color)]Male[/color]
[color=var(--head-text-color)]Female[/color]Number of US High School Swimmers 2021-22
[Image: NJCAA-logo.jpg]
Number of College Swimmers (see table below)

% of US HS Swimmers competing at any College Level

7.6%
8.1%
% of US HS Swimmers Competing at NCAA I Schools

2.5%
3.2%
Odds of a US HS Swimmer making any College Roster

13:1
12:1
Odds of a US HS Swimmer making an NCAA I Roster

40:1
32:1
[Image: NJCAA-logo44.jpg]
[/color]
These are the odds of a random US high school swimmer making a college roster – odds are adjusted for foreign student athlete participation. Actual odds are likely better for most athletes motivated to play in college due to several factors: High school participation includes multi-sport athletes who typically play only one sport in college, many high school athletes do not intend to compete at the college level, and unfortunately, a significant portion of high school students –  including athletes – do not go on to college.  See our page on the odds of competing in college for more information.

Now add ONE trans person and tell me what that did to the odds and chances of all the rest.

And if your answer is that "if even one girl is affected it is too much" then we have a LOT of other issues to look at passing laws about.

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - pally - 06-23-2023

I'm so glad to see so many of you are suddenly concerned about opportunities for women. Hopefully, that concern extends to opportunities in the workplace, in government, in pay

Shoot how about equal facilities in sports

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-23-2023

(06-22-2023, 09:50 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: As I am reading this thread and formulating a reply in my head, I came across this post. 

This is a masterpiece. It sums up perfectly my thoughts and what I wanted to reply. Thank you. You put it into words better than I ever could have. 

I am not in favor of our government wasting time on senseless legislation, but whenever the trans in sports issue starts to cost people opportunities for scholarships, actual scholarships themselves, and even money, then maybe it isn't as senseless as some believe. And while it may only be a "few" or a few "hundred" it needs to be addressed as it will only become more widespread. 

It's interesting to see the mental and logical gymnastics that people are doing to defend the indefensible. From arguing about young children playing sports together, to citing recreational co-ed sports, to girls playing HS football among other things, it laughable. 

Let's be honest, this isn't about any of those things. It is specifically about men playing in women's sports at the highest academic levels. 
It doesn't matter if U7 soccer is co-ed. It doesn't matter if U9 girls soccer kicks U9 boys ass. It doesn't matter that the occasional girls soccer player kicks FGs for the HS football team, she's actually competing UP a level.   

What matters is girls at the highest levels of athletics, the level that is the culmination of years of hard work and the level that can actually bring them recognition, scholarships, and money, could be robbed of those opportunities. It's unfair. And shouldn't be allowed. Period. End of story. Full stop. 

What is ironic is that the ideology that is supposed to be the most supportive of women can suddenly be so anti-woman. To everyone who is defending this absurdity at any level, I have to ask, 'why are you anti-woman and why do you hate them so much?' 

Thank you, and your post is correct.  The issue is basic fairness for biological women.  The trans rights movement has more than a large dollop of misogyny baked into it right now.  99%+ of the issues arising from the TGR movement involve biological men in women's sports/spaces.  There's also the issue of autogynephilia, which honestly seems to fit Lia Thomas to a tee based on first hand accounts of their behavior.

You almost never hear of an issue involving a transgender male, and I honestly can't recall ever hearing of a major issue involving them.  Prominent transgender people like Buck Angel and Caitlyn Jenner point these things out and are immediately attacked and labeled phobes.  There's a reason this movement is losing support, because it's clearly gone too far and it's been largely hijacked by loud extremists who are very comfortable with threats of violence and death, as well as actual violence on occasion.  And, sadly, the people who will bear the brunt of this are the well intentioned transgender women just trying to quietly live their authentic lives.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/americans-oppose-inclusion-trans-athletes-sports-poll-finds-rcna88940

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-23-2023

(06-23-2023, 01:12 PM)pally Wrote: I'm so glad to see so many of you are suddenly concerned about opportunities for women.  Hopefully, that concern extends to opportunities in the workplace, in government, in pay

Shoot how about equal facilities in sports

Goal post moving again.  Instead of making vague allusions to lack of support for women try finding actual examples of it not being done.  It's an obvious attempt to deflect from the argument being made about basic fairness rather than actually confronting and addressing it.

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - pally - 06-23-2023

(06-23-2023, 01:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Goal post moving again.  Instead of making vague allusions to lack of support for women try finding actual examples of it not being done.  It's an obvious attempt to deflect from the argument being made about basic fairness rather than actually confronting and addressing it.
No goal posts were moved.  There is more to advocating for oppoortunties for women than bashing transgendered athletes
woman make 82% of what men make
Women are 51% of the population
There are 42 female CEO of S&P 500 companies (8.4%)
There are 25 female senators (25%)
https://www.npr.org/2021/03/19/979395795/mens-and-womens-ncaa-march-madness-facilities-separate-and-unequal-spark-uproar

https://onherturf.nbcsports.com/2021/11/01/ncaa-report-gender-disparities-mens-womens-championship-tournaments/

(06-23-2023, 02:40 PM)pally Wrote: No goal posts were moved.  There is more to advocating for oppoortunties for women than bashing transgendered athletes

Literally no one disputes that.

Quote:woman make 82% of what men make

Source please, also the answer to why that is is rather important.

Quote:Women are 51% of the population
There are 42 female CEO of S&P 500 companies (8.4%)
There are 25 female senators (25%)
https://www.npr.org/2021/03/19/979395795/mens-and-womens-ncaa-march-madness-facilities-separate-and-unequal-spark-uproar

What percentage of construction workers are women?  What percentage of sanitation workers are women?  What percentage of loggers are women?

What percentage of nurses are women?  What percentage of social workers are women?  What percentage of public school teachers are women?

This odd preoccupation with jobs that <.000001% of the population will ever reach is always curious to me.

Quote:https://onherturf.nbcsports.com/2021/11/01/ncaa-report-gender-disparities-mens-womens-championship-tournaments/

Could it be that the men's tournaments generate exponentially more revenue than women's tournaments?

Kindly answer this if you choose to respond.  Do you think the WNBA players should make the same as NBA players?  Regardless of yes or no also kindly explain why you think so.

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - Mickeypoo - 06-24-2023

(06-23-2023, 09:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: My stance on guns is that we have a right to own them as is in the constitution.  

There are more guns than people in the US.  Guns travel across state lines and have the potential to affect absolutely anyone at any time.  So if Congress or a state legislature chooses to pass a law that applies to everyone who owns or could potentially own a gun that is the apples to the trans sports person oranges, IMHO.

And I didn't answer that question because it doesn't deserve an answer.  Obviously we don't hate women.  Obviously we are having a discussion on whether the possibility of a trans person participating in a sport is unfair or need banned or regulated and by who.

And obviously we want to treat all people with respect who are not harming others.

What is there to discuss? Males competing against females in female sports is unfair and should never happen. I can’t believe we have devolved to the point that this is even a discussion.

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - Luvnit2 - 06-24-2023

I heard some comparisons to a biological male competing against a woman.

Would it be OK for a 16 year old to compete against 12 year olds in any sport?
Would it be OK for a 200 lb.s cage fighter to compete against a 140 lb. fighter?

Of course not. There are rules governing competitions to maintain fairness for all participants.

The fact Riley Gaines and female swimmers had to dress and undress in front of Thomas (still has male parts) sharing the same locker room is flat out criminal.

As for women, I coached a youth select soccer team from the time the young ladies were 10 until they were 19. I had a bigger goal for them besides winning state, regional and national titles. My goal from the time they were 14 was help them achieve a college soccer scholarship if that was their goal. We discussed not only soccer, but grades and school trumped soccer practice. I am happy to say that all 18 of my players received some type of scholarship for soccer and academics. 9 of these young women got full rides.

I owned 5 restaurants, my DO, Supervisor and 3 restaurant managers were women. Women in my organization were higher paid than men. Maybe because I had 3 daughters, but more so because the women were qualified and out performed their male counter parts. In the end, everything is about results if we are being fair. Woman got the promotions, more money and better benefits because they earned it.

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - Nately120 - 06-24-2023

(06-24-2023, 12:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I owned 5 restaurants, my DO, Supervisor and 3 restaurant managers were women. Women in my organization were higher paid than men. Maybe because I had 3 daughters, but more so because the women were qualified and out performed their male counter parts. In the end, everything is about results if we are being fair. Woman got the promotions, more money and better benefits because they earned it.

Sounds pretty woke.  You sir, must be broke.

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - SunsetBengal - 06-24-2023

Even the Olympics said no to people born Men competing against Women at the highest level of athletic competition, so I'm going be a "no" toward the OP's question. (Don't ask for further explanation, as it has already been given by several others within this thread. In other words, "trust the science"..)

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - KillerGoose - 06-24-2023

(06-24-2023, 12:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I heard some comparisons to a biological male competing against a woman.

Would it be OK for a 16 year old to compete against 12 year olds in any sport?
Would it be OK for a 200 lb.s cage fighter to compete against a 140 lb. fighter?

Of course not. There are rules governing competitions to maintain fairness for all participants.

The fact Riley Gaines and female swimmers had to dress and undress in front of Thomas (still has male parts) sharing the same locker room is flat out criminal.

As for women, I coached a youth select soccer team from the time the young ladies were 10 until they were 19. I had a bigger goal for them besides winning state, regional and national titles. My goal from the time they were 14 was help them achieve a college soccer scholarship if that was their goal. We discussed not only soccer, but grades and school trumped soccer practice. I am happy to say that all 18 of my players received some type of scholarship for soccer and academics. 9 of these young women got full rides.

I owned 5 restaurants, my DO, Supervisor and 3 restaurant managers were women. Women in my organization were higher paid than men. Maybe because I had 3 daughters, but more so because the women were qualified and out performed their male counter parts. In the end, everything is about results if we are being fair. Woman got the promotions, more money and better benefits because they earned it.

I just want to point out that neither of your examples are very good in the spirit of this conversation. Both of them do occur. Specifically, weight mismatched fights are more common and actually have a name - absolute. You’ll find absolute divisions in many combat sports where this is no weight class designations and a 140 pound person will fight someone much larger. Below is an example of such a match - a BJJ absolute match between a man who is 250 pounds and a man who is 149 pounds.

https://youtu.be/MNQ_tWbz_0c

For the other example, I am not sure how common it is but 7th and 8th graders can and do play varsity sports, if they are good enough. Trent Seaborn is an example of an 8th grader playing varsity and doing well. Age 12 is going to be sixth or seventh grade, which will be significantly rarer but you can find stories of seventh graders playing varsity.

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - SunsetBengal - 06-24-2023

(06-24-2023, 03:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I just want to point out that neither of your examples are very good in the spirit of this conversation. Both of them do occur. Specifically, weight mismatched fights are more common and actually have a name - absolute. You’ll find absolute divisions in many combat sports where this is no weight class designations and a 140 pound person will fight someone much larger. Below is an example of such a match - a BJJ absolute match between a man who is 250 pounds and a man who is 149 pounds.

https://youtu.be/MNQ_tWbz_0c

For the other example, I am not sure how common it is but 7th and 8th graders can and do play varsity sports, if they are good enough. Trent Seaborn is an example of an 8th grader playing varsity and doing well. Age 12 is going to be sixth or seventh grade, which will be significantly rarer but you can find stories of seventh graders playing varsity.

Fail, your examples are pointing out competitors who elected to compete beyond their designated division.  No one asked these women if they wanted to compete against biological males.  I remember a story about a transfemale powerlifter who was shattering records as a woman, yet was ranked down near #100 when he was competing as a male.  That's not electing to level up, but rather than electing to bully a lesser talent pool.

RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - KillerGoose - 06-24-2023

(06-24-2023, 03:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Fail, your examples are pointing out competitors who elected to compete beyond their designated division.  No one asked these women if they wanted to compete against biological males.  I remember a story about a transfemale powerlifter who was shattering records as a woman, yet was ranked down near #100 when he was competing as a male.  That's not electing to level up, but rather than electing to bully a lesser talent pool.

You’re misunderstanding my point, Sunset. I’m not arguing for trans women to compete - I personally think that they shouldn’t. I’m simply arguing that the points he brings up don’t actually help him in fleshing out his argument. He asks if it is “OK” for such things to happen and I simply point out that yes, it is okay, and they do happen. We do allow those things.