Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trey Hendrickson injury - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Trey Hendrickson injury (/Thread-Trey-Hendrickson-injury)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - samhain - 11-14-2023

(11-14-2023, 08:57 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Just heard this too. Dudes a beast. Does he have a nickname?

Blackout Trey is the one I like best.

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - Sled21 - 11-15-2023

(11-14-2023, 08:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Hendrickson currently out there practicing with the team. He’s not human.

Unfortunately no Tee or Hubbard and no Yoshi.

MRI was negative. No structural damage. 

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - Housh - 11-15-2023

If Trey even tries to play tomorrow he will automatically be my fave defender on the team

No ne expects him to try and go tomorrow. It would be pure pain tolerance and heart

If he tries to play Zac needs to make that the focus of his pregame speech

Something about how it’s a must win and we have guys that would rather try and play than sit at home

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-15-2023

(11-14-2023, 06:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s an excellent point!  Drew Sample has always been an above average blocking tight end but this season he’s coming into his own as a receiver as well; I’m very pleased to see this.

He was talking about Cam Sample our End lol

(11-14-2023, 06:13 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yeah, me too, but he's a shit DE.

Hilarious

(11-14-2023, 08:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Hendrickson currently out there practicing with the team. He’s not human.

Unfortunately no Tee or Hubbard and no Yoshi.

Crazy, didn't expect Trey to play in this game but it wouldn't surprise me now. Love Trey, dude's a fighter.

If Hubbard could go I would feel much better about our Defense going into this game against Lamar.

What is wrong with Iosivas again?

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - ochocincos - 11-15-2023

(11-14-2023, 06:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s an excellent point!  Drew Sample has always been an above average blocking tight end but this season he’s coming into his own as a receiver as well; I’m very pleased to see this.

Uhh...8 receptions for 52 yards (6.5 YPR) through 9 games is...good?
Could have fooled me.

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - pally - 11-15-2023

(11-15-2023, 02:27 PM)Housh Wrote: If Trey even tries to play tomorrow he will automatically be my fave defender on the team

No ne expects him to try and go tomorrow. It would be pure pain tolerance and heart

If he tries to play Zac needs to make that the focus of his pregame speech

Something about how it’s a must win and we have guys that would rather try and play than sit at home

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - Whacked - 11-15-2023

Dude is just a mega- BEAST and one of my all time fav Bengals.

Sure would be nice to get Sam back too -  to contain Lamar  

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - Lucius Cincinnatus - 11-15-2023

(11-15-2023, 03:13 PM)Whacked Wrote: Dude is just a mega- BEAST and one of my all time fav Bengals.

Sure would be nice to get Sam back too -  to contain Lamar  

While I'm happy he is playing...the whole it's a "miracle" or how "tough" he is is a bit overblown. Have that few people on this board hyper-extended their knee? People will sometimes return in the same game. It feels funky for a little, but it's usually not really that painful long-term.

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - Frank Booth - 11-15-2023

(11-15-2023, 03:23 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: While I'm happy he is playing...the whole it's a "miracle" or how "tough" he is is a bit overblown. Have that few people on this board hyper-extended their knee? People will sometimes return in the same game. It feels funky for a little, but it's usually not really that painful long-term.

I know for a fact Tee wouldnt return

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - Bengalbug - 11-15-2023

(11-15-2023, 03:23 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: While I'm happy he is playing...the whole it's a "miracle" or how "tough" he is is a bit overblown. Have that few people on this board hyper-extended their knee? People will sometimes return in the same game. It feels funky for a little, but it's usually not really that painful long-term.

There are varying degrees of hyperextended knee. Just like variations of sprained ankles. The difference between playing in 4 days, and missing 4 weeks is pretty minimal. We dodged a bullet on this one.

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-15-2023

(11-15-2023, 03:23 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: While I'm happy he is playing...the whole it's a "miracle" or how "tough" he is is a bit overblown. Have that few people on this board hyper-extended their knee? People will sometimes return in the same game. It feels funky for a little, but it's usually not really that painful long-term.

Dude played all Playoffs with a broken wrist and gives his all like no other. It is not overblown.

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - RegularGuy22 - 11-15-2023

I had it happen to me playing HS football as a junior. Got rolled up on in a pileup during practice. I remember it well, let out a yell of pain and could hardly get up and back to the locker room. We didn't have fancy MRI or anything back then, saw a doctor and he said sprained or hyper extended. Ice packs at night, limped around next few days, missed the next Friday night game but was back the following week.

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - WeezyBengal - 11-15-2023

(11-15-2023, 03:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I know for a fact Tee wouldnt return

Starting to get these vibes as well... 

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-15-2023

(11-15-2023, 03:55 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I had it happen to me playing HS football as a junior. Got rolled up on in a pileup during practice. I remember it well, let out a yell of pain and could hardly get up and back to the locker room. We didn't have fancy MRI or anything back then, saw a doctor and he said sprained or hyper extended. Ice packs at night, limped around next few days, missed the next Friday night game but was back the following week.

Me too, took a helmet to the front of the leg I was planted on and bent it backwards. Like someone else mentioned, there are varying degrees of severity. Mine wasn't as bad as yours. They put a brace on it, and I missed a couple practices. You and I didn't have world class trainers either, lol.

Yea, we didn't even have a trainer. On game nights the local Doctor from the area was on the sidelines but not during any week practices. I had a badly jammed finger about the same time, was swelled up twice its normal size. Coaches said "Can you go" They taped it up like a club and I played.   Hilarious

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-15-2023

(11-15-2023, 04:06 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Yea, we didn't even have a trainer. On game nights the local Doctor from the area was on the sidelines but not during any week practices. I had a badly jammed finger about the same time, was swelled up twice its normal size. Coaches said "Can you go" They taped it up like a club and I played.   Hilarious

LMAO, same here. Our school was small, so several guys had to go both ways and play some STs. 

(11-15-2023, 04:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO, same here. Our school was small, so several guys had to go both ways and play some STs. 

Yep, same here. We were a small HS playing big schools with 3 times the amount of students. We didn't have a chance but didn't know any better. I started as a sophmore against these seniors from big schools and held my own ok. I had to play Offensive End, DE, and was on Kickoff team. We were wore out. These other big schools had Offensive and Defense teams most times. Really a bad mismatch. Years after I graduated they finally separated the districts.

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-15-2023

(11-12-2023, 06:49 PM)pally Wrote: Zac had no update.  This doctor thinks it is a sprained MCL.  If true that is often a 2-4 week injury

From the video it appears his knee buckled medially due to valgus stress. His knee did not appear hyperextended. But, one reporter reports it and the rest repeat it.

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - higgy100 - 11-15-2023

Difference is he doesn't go back to sitting on the couch eating cheetos like you do. You ever played a sport let alone one like football?

RE: Trey Hendrickson injury - Whacked - 11-15-2023

(11-15-2023, 03:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I know for a fact Tee wouldnt return

LOL You said it, not me
Put your HATE shield on