Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-out-for-the-season-with-torn-ligament)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - WeezyBengal - 11-17-2023

Having a good back up is important if you are trying to manage a 1-2 game stretch with your starter out.

Having a good back up doesnt matter if your starter is missing half the season.

It's cooked, boys.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - casear2727 - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 05:37 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Two former MVPs out there that played last year.  Matt Ryan and Tom Brady.

Maybe one of the manning brothers?

Cam newton anyone?  At least it would be interesting with a running qb since Jeff Blake.  

Am I missing anyone?

Oh yea, Dan orlovsky and Tony romo seem to know what they are talking about… when they (mostly romo) doesn’t sound like a moron.

I'd be happy to see the team play hard and the young guys take solid steps and lose every game the rest of the way.  A solid draft slot and 4th place schedule will be helpful next season.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - burreauxs - 11-17-2023

The return to sport phase of rehab for a wrist/carpal ligament repair usually occurs around week 12-14 post surgery. Longest prognosis for full return to sport is around 6 months, which would be the end of May if Burrow has surgery next week.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 05:41 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: He really wasn’t good last year.  I was mostly kidding.  

Even if Tom Brady called today and said, sign me up, I’m guessing the FO is too stubborn and would say “thanks but no thanks”.  They are stubborn like that.

Brady? Nah, I think they would jump all over that if he called up, but that ain't happening.

True on Ryan not being very good last year, we are kind of kidding ourselves anyways on bringing in a vet stud QB.

You are right about the FO being stubborn, they will play the guys that know the system. 

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - PCB Bengal Fan - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 05:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Wasn't the OL - was a late hit. 

Was there a penalty?

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Bengalbug - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 05:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Any significant (and this is significant) injury in November jeopardizes the offseason / training camp. That isn't a hot take. 

It's his throwing hand so he won't even be throwing/lifting for most of those 8 to 9 months as you say.

I said 8-9 to appease you. Typical full recovery is 4-12 weeks for a ligament tear and subsequent surgery, don’t believe me, look it up (12 weeks on the long side). Much of that is physical therapy… would you believe that includes physical activity? Or is that just there for the fun of it. He will be almost fully recovered sometime in early Q1 next year, and that will have included strength training and exercise.

I know this hurts us all, but Joe burrow will be ok.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - SladeX - 11-17-2023

We need a top notch OL. IDGAF who we lose getting there. Anyone on the roster is expendable to get us there.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 05:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Having a good back up is important if you are trying to manage a 1-2 game stretch with your starter out.

Having a good back up doesnt matter if your starter is missing half the season.

It's cooked, boys.

(11-17-2023, 05:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'd be happy to see the team play hard and the young guys take solid steps and lose every game the rest of the way.  A solid draft slot and 4th place schedule will be helpful next season.

Yeah, the AFC North is too good this year and we have only won 1 AFC game. Even if we got great play from the QB position
and ran the ball great and won most of our games it isn't likely we win enough to get into the Playoffs this season.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - 2MinutesHate - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 05:29 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Anyway, I don’t give a crap about just making the playoffs.  It’s superbowl or bust at this point.  Too many times of making the playoffs with dalton, with false hope after the runs we went on the last two years is just painful to think about.  

We aren't winning anything with Browning.  Those noodle arm throws last night were terrible.  Pack it up boys and let's get ready for next year.

Remember the Finley games under Zac?  Get ready for some of that.
Don't call Nick Foles (or Wentz at the beginning of the season) or anyone else.  Let's let Browning trash the rest of the year and keep the $12 million (for injuries, right?) in remaining cap space and put it in the rainy day fund.

Screw it, I'm gonna get hammered at the sports bar on Sunday's and enjoy the rest of the season.

(11-17-2023, 05:44 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Was there a penalty?

Of course not lol

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - PCB Bengal Fan - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jake may not be the starter moving forward. Remember we have AJ Mccarron. He got us to the playoffs the last time he had to come in for our injured starter

That was a totally different team. Better O-line by default, better defense.

(11-17-2023, 05:44 PM)burreauxs Wrote: The return to sport phase of rehab for a wrist/carpal ligament repair usually occurs around week 12-14 post surgery. Longest prognosis for full return to sport is around 6 months, which would be the end of May if Burrow has surgery next week.

Thank you. And please let JJ22 know that the wrist will not go to a limp noodle because of zero activity. It will be gradual with (almost immediately) hand exercises (can’t let the wrist stiffen up), then resistance, then exercises to strengthen it. By the time he is “fully recovered”, call it may, he will be at almost 100%.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - BengalsLUFC - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 05:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Has there been any timelines posted anywhere regarding a recovery timeline?

Speculation but I’m going to hazard a guess he’s torn his carpi ulnaris which is a tendon many boxers have torn in the past.

A bit of reading seems to indicate 8-10 weeks recovery post op then physio so you’re looking at a minimum 3 months probably back for OTA’s will be fine for camp.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Go Cards - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 05:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, the last time Burrow got hurt we lost a ton of games and got Ja'Marr Chase. You never know how this will turn out in 
the big realm of things. Brock Bowers, Marvin Harrison Jr, Odunze, Keon Coleman, man there are some damn good weapons at
the top of this Draft. No need to be depressing after this kick to the nutz.

Chase and Harrison Jr would be sick. 

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - RegularGuy22 - 11-17-2023

Won't matter who the QB is going forward unless they fix the Oline problems and get the hell out of the 70% pass mode. Our guys up front sure seem to get pushed around alot.

(11-17-2023, 05:47 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: We aren't winning anything with Browning.  Those noodle arm throws last night were terrible.  Pack it up boys and let's get ready for next year.

Remember the Finley games under Zac?  Get ready for some of that.
Don't call Nick Foles (or Wentz at the beginning of the season) or anyone else.  Let's let Browning trash the rest of the year and keep the $12 million in remaining cap space and put it in the rainy day fund.

Screw it, I'm gonna get hammered at the sports bar on Sunday's and enjoy the rest of the season.

The only Finley game I remember was against Pitt and I was (shhh) kind of hoping for a loss to secure a higher pick (not just that game, but all of them). However as the game went on and defense played great, it was such a memorable victory. It also, in my opinion, set the tone for the defense for 2021.

I expect the bengals to win 1-2 more games and hopefully a few of these guys have a Vonn bell moment as the season progresses.

Most of all, I hope for no (major) injuries to any other players.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Nately120 - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 05:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think it matters who the backup is.  They need to go like 6-1 and that isn't happening on this team with any backup.  Bengals don't have the defense to win games with a backup.

True, interesting to think that our backup QB doesn't matter because thus far Burrow either is healthy, plays hurt, or he is hurt to the point where he is out for the season and the season is over.  There hasn't yet been a situation where a QB other than Burrow takes a meaningful snap.

We haven't yet seen a situation where Burrow is out for a few quarters or a few games and a capable backup has to keep the ship afloat for a bit.  It's either Burrow playing at 25% or better capacity or a 0% Burrow and a GAME OVER season.  I'm sure I said this during the calf injury months, but I can't see a situation where ZT and Burrow both agree to keep Burrow off the field unless he's unable to walk or hold a football.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Destro - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 05:43 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: This coaching staff has proved they cannot win without Burrow, if they can finish 9-8 I say keep Zac, if not they all go. Call Eric.

Don't like Taylor, but don't want Eric, either. 

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Bengalion - 11-17-2023

I don't see Zac being fired in any scenario, even if we lose the next 7 games (I don't think he should be fired IMO). At this point we should just play vanilla football and get the best draft position we can. Fix both lines via Draft/FA, get a last place schedule by tanking the next 7 games and voila, Burrow will play his next Super Bowl in New Orleans next year with thousands of LSU fans supporting him. After the game, he will post a picture eating crawfish with Ed Orgeron and Chase and smoking a cigar.

(11-17-2023, 05:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Chase and Harrison Jr would be sick. 

Harrison will be no later than a 4th overall pick… depending on how the three QBs finish and test out. That said, this is a stacked wr draft with (depending on who you follow) have 8-10 wide receivers within the top 40 prospects. If there was a year to replace tee, this is (in theory) it.

But, we saw how that played out with the tight end class last year.

Maybe bowers 1st round and still get a great prospect with the 2nd pick and just follow value and position scarcity.