Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
"Sweating " bullets - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: "Sweating " bullets (/Thread-Sweating-bullets)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: "Sweating " bullets - PDub80 - 04-08-2024

(04-08-2024, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do we make things up? There's not been any questions about his work-ethic and he doesn't have problems with his weight; he's just big.

The kid went to the combine and did well. He's been a consistent performer during his college career.

Now if he's guilty of the DUi then he's a dumb 22-year-old kid.

Big no on the bolded.

He showed up to the combine 30+lbs over playing weight and was heavily criticized for being out of shape. He was tripping all over himself in drills due to the weight gain.

Guy plays in the 330s... Showed up at the combine for drills at 366lbs. That's lazy and letting himself go. His quote "I just grew into my body" was laughable. He ate (and drank) himself out of shape the last few months. Bum is written all over him.

Orlando Brown Jr & Andre Smith are the EXCEPTIONS to stuff like this. The list of successful NFL players coming in for job interviews at the combine out of shape & overweight is SHORT compared to the massive list of busts. Add in the DUI? Bum status.

RE: "Sweating " bullets - bfine32 - 04-08-2024

(04-08-2024, 01:47 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Big no on the bolded.

He showed up to the combine 30+lbs over playing weight and was heavily criticized for being out of shape. He was tripping all over himself in drills due to the weight gain.

Guy plays in the 330s... Showed up at the combine for drills at 366lbs. That's lazy and letting himself go. His quote "I just grew into my body" was laughable. He ate (and drank) himself out of shape the last few months. Bum is written all over him.

Orlando Brown Jr & Andre Smith are the EXCEPTIONS to stuff like this. The list of successful NFL players coming in for job interviews at the combine out of shape & overweight is SHORT compared to the massive list of busts. Add in the DUI? Bum status.

At least the others are close.

Folks can go back and see I was saying the same things about Dawand Jones last year when he had a "wieght problem/bad work ethic" 

(04-08-2024, 02:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At least the others are close.

Folks can go back and see I was saying the same things about Dawand Jones last year when he had a "wieght problem/bad work ethic" 

I am not against you in Sweat as a prospect for the Bengals. He could very well stick the weight thing behind him, become a monster, and the combine stuff was a bad moment in time for him. He's just a kid, after all. But the list of guys who do that sort of thing is super short.

Add in the DUI and it's just really tough to even throw a 3rd round pick on him. If the Bengals take him I will be all about his being successful. But, maaaaaaan, the kid is not doing himself any favors and that's BEFORE he gets a pile of cash. This will all sort itself out.

RE: "Sweating " bullets - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-08-2024

(04-08-2024, 02:38 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I am not against you in Sweat as a prospect for the Bengals. He could very well stick the weight thing behind him, become a monster, and the combine stuff was a bad moment in time for him. He's just a kid, after all. But the list of guys who do that sort of thing is super short.

Add in the DUI and it's just really tough to even throw a 3rd rounder at him. If the Bengals take him I will be all about his being successful. But, maaaaaaan, the kid is not doing himself any favors and that's BEFORE he gets a pile of cash. This will all sort itself out.

Yes, I doubt we draft him now honestly. Just doesn't seem the Zac Taylor way, he wants high character Captain types like McKinnley Jackson.

(04-08-2024, 02:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, I doubt we draft him now honestly. Just doesn't seem the Zac Taylor way, he wants high character Captain types like McKinnley Jackson.

McKinnley Jackson is SO ZT's Bengals that if they took him in the 2nd I wouldn't be shocked. That being said, Run stopping NTs are NOT highly drafted in today's NFL. 3rd rounder may be doable for Jackson.

(04-08-2024, 02:42 PM)PDub80 Wrote: McKinnley Jackson is SO ZT's Bengals that if they took him in the 2nd I wouldn't be shocked. That being said, Run stopping NTs are NOT highly drafted in today's NFL. 3rd rounder may be doable for Jackson.

Exactly, I am saying right now we take McKinnley Jackson with one of our 3rd round picks.

(04-08-2024, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, I am saying right now we take McKinnley Jackson with one of our 3rd round picks.

would be THRILLED

RE: "Sweating " bullets - FormerlyBengalRugby - 04-08-2024

I think someone posted something earlier about a lack of disciple...

Makes a better case for Murphy in the first, if he's available.

If you cannot show disciple going into the draft. How will you show it after your first payday?

Better we see it now than after the draft.

(04-08-2024, 02:38 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I am not against you in Sweat as a prospect for the Bengals. He could very well stick the weight thing behind him, become a monster, and the combine stuff was a bad moment in time for him. He's just a kid, after all. But the list of guys who do that sort of thing is super short.

Add in the DUI and it's just really tough to even throw a 3rd round pick on him. If the Bengals take him I will be all about his being successful. But, maaaaaaan, the kid is not doing himself any favors and that's BEFORE he gets a pile of cash. This will all sort itself out.

Sweat did just fine at the combine and came in at the exact weight he played all year. I'm sure, like the vast majority of college kids, a Pro fitness program will do him good. 

I simply take issue with the "weight problem/bad work-ethic slant"

OF course, the DUI was stupid and does call into question his maturity; just as McKinnley Jackson's felony drug charges. 

(04-08-2024, 03:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sweat did just fine at the combine and came in at the exact weight he played all year. I'm sure, like the vast majority of college kids, a Pro fitness program will do him good. 

OF course, the DUI was stupid and does call into question his maturity; just as McKinnley Jackson's felony drug charges. 

????

"Sweating " bullets - BenZoo2 - 04-08-2024

(04-08-2024, 03:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sweat did just fine at the combine and came in at the exact weight he played all year. I'm sure, like the vast majority of college kids, a Pro fitness program will do him good. 

Oh boy. Tell me more about Jackson’s felony charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(04-08-2024, 04:25 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Oh boy.  Tell me more about Jackson’s felony charge.

First I have heard of this. Bfine better not be playing with us... Mellow

(04-08-2024, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ????

(04-08-2024, 04:25 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Oh boy.  Tell me more about Jackson’s felony charge.

Texas A&M DL McKinnley Jackson suspended following arrest on felony possession charge - CBSSports.com

Quote:Jail records show that the charges stem from an incident on April 7 when he was arrested by Texas A&M University Police, though the circumstances surrounding the arrest are unknown at this time. The felony charge is for possession of 4-200 grams of a controlled substance, which is a second-degree felony. That felony carries a charge of 2-20 years in prison and possible fine up to $10,000. The Class B misdemeanor is for possession of less than two grams of marijuana, which carries a sentence of up to 180 days in county jail and/or a fine of up to $2,000.

I just seen the date was April 7th and don't want folks to think this is new news. It happened 3-years ago.

RE: "Sweating " bullets - TecmoBengals - 04-08-2024

I'd take a gamble on the dude with one of the 3rd round picks if he's available.

RE: "Sweating " bullets - NATI BENGALS - 04-08-2024

Man….

I think the draft strategy now is take one of the OL at 18. And see if Murphy/Newton/Jenkins falls to our second rounder. If none fall we take a major gamble and draft the giant fat drunk dude. With the other 8 picks we go back to people without a bunch of red flags.

Old gas mask bong guy is still having a decent career.

"Sweating " bullets - BenZoo2 - 04-08-2024

(04-08-2024, 04:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Texas A&M DL McKinnley Jackson suspended following arrest on felony possession charge - CBSSports.com

I just seen the date was April 7th and don't want folks to think this is new news. It happened 3-years ago.

Well if he’s been trouble free since then this isn’t as much of a concern for me. Thanks for the link.

(04-08-2024, 05:26 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Well if he’s been trouble free since then this isn’t as much of a concern for me.  Thanks for the link.

Oh, don't get me wrong; I'd love to have McKinnley, just showing Sweat doesn't have a monopoly on dumb decisions. 

But given everything I know now and round 3 rolls around and both are available; Ima take Sweat. I doubt Sweat will be there but MJ should.

RE: "Sweating " bullets - Okeana - 04-08-2024

i wouldn't make sweat a priority after the DUi, he's maybe a 4th rounder at this point. Dewayne Carter is a Bengal, the guy has very high character, 3 3-year team captain and he got better during his time in college. I could easily see a rotation of Rankins and Carter at 1 and 3. You can grab a developmental Nose later, like Evan Anderson from FAU whom the bengals have met with. he's only 22, big powerful dude. I'm not concerned about it, I would much rather them draft a guy like Zach Frazier who I have zero character concerns with and get a probowl center next year, than Sweat who is just stacking up reasons to pass on him.

Also I just want to say that Murphy was better at stopping the run than Sweat IMO, if you want to prioritize the position then just draft him in the first.

(04-08-2024, 04:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Texas A&M DL McKinnley Jackson suspended following arrest on felony possession charge - CBSSports.com

Bag of weed eh?

Dumb but not Sweat DUI in April of the Draft dumb IMO.

(04-08-2024, 07:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bag of weed eh?

Dumb but not Sweat DUI in April of the Draft dumb IMO.

It was more than "a bag of weed", but I get why you're making less of it.