Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalholic - 03-14-2024

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 01:28 PM)Stewy Wrote: Finally, as others have pointed out, Reader was healthy most of the year and our run DEF still sucked WITH him in there, pointing to what????  A different problem than DLINE....I wonder that that might have been!!??!

...so you think the defensive line would be better without him?  Doesnt look like Detroit thinks that way.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 11:28 AM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: With the way the AFC north teams have upgraded their running games it maybe necessary to resign Reader and add to the interior line.

I know Ravens signed Henry, but also lost Edwards (a decent TD back).

More importantly, they Lost Moses via trade so no RT, lost a very good guard in Simpson and also Zeitler is not signed so as of now no RG. The trenches matter and Ravens are worse as of now in trenches.

Browns have an injured Chubb who has gone through 2 surgeries and likely will not be ready to start the season. I am not sure how you can say they improved.

Steelers had a poor rushing attack in 2024, thus far they have yet to address it, but did get a steal with Wilson.

I agree Browns and Ravens had great OL play in 2023, however in 2024 Ravens are worse on paper in my humble opinion as of today. Of course, all could change in FA or via trades.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 01:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: Rankins is not a swap for Reader - a 3T is a different position than a NT. Rankins is to give us back the inside pass rush / penetration we have desperately lacked since losing Larry Ogunjobi. They will add at least one NT before they are done. Also our run defense issues were not about getting blown off the line they were about mental errors and alignment problems - both Stone and Bell speak directly to fixing the communication issues. Our defense last year got killed by explosive plays all stemming from mental mistakes. That is being addressed. 

This x100. 

Losing the best run stopping DT/NT in the league does not help the run defense. You don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed to get that. And stopping the run is priority #1 in our division. Getting Stone & Bell addresses the communication part and are two steps forward. But losing Reader for Tart would be a HUGE step back. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Stewy - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 01:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: ...so you think the defensive line would be better without him?  Doesnt look like Detroit thinks that way.

No where in what I said, did I even allude to that.  All I did was point out conditional issues that the "ragers" seem to be completely ignoring.

Nice try at putting words into my mouth, however, massive failure.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 01:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Our medical staff, FO and coaches know more than we all do about DJ's quad injury and around how early he will be able to play if ever.

I will trust them on this, but if DJ goes to the Lions and is playing and playing decent by mid season I think it would be a mistake to not
at least match what the Lions give him unless it is astronomical. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - WeezyBengal - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 02:05 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: This x100. 

Losing the best run stopping DT/NT in the league does not help the run defense. You don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed to get that. And stopping the run is priority #1 in our division. Getting Stone & Bell addresses the communication part and are two steps forward. But losing Reader for Tart would be a HUGE step back. 

The fact that they are going to downgade at NT while still having around 30 million dollars to spend is kind of maddening. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 02:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The fact that they are going to downgade at NT while still having around 30 million dollars to spend is kind of maddening. 

It would be possibly if we did downgrade. Unless I missed something, DJ has not signed anywhere yet. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - casear2727 - 03-14-2024

For those advocating for Hurst:

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 02:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It would be possibly if we did downgrade. Unless I missed something, DJ has not signed anywhere yet. 

Yeah, did I miss something as well?

I see nothing about DJ signing with someone else...

All I heard is he was visiting with the Lions last night.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SouthernStripes - 03-14-2024

Quote:Free agent DT Teair Tart is visiting the #Bengals today, sources tell @BleacherReport.

Tart had 8 TFLs in 11 games last season for the #Texans and #Titans.

Tiger

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pally - 03-14-2024

still looking....the team put in a waivers claim for him last season when he came available

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - phil413 - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 02:47 PM)pally Wrote: still looking....the team put in a waivers claim for him last season when he came available

So many people called this 

Glad we are still looking for a NT and at OL. We don't know how bad DJ's injury is and how much he will be offered.

DJ being on the treadmill got me excited, but there is more to it than that for damn sure.

Tart was very good when focused on football.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - QueenCity - 03-14-2024

Can hear Paycor right now.... TARRRRRRRRT

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Joelist - 03-14-2024

Tart is a NT. As expected. He's looked good before and even last season was doing well until the whole Titan locker room just imploded later in the season.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Au165 - 03-14-2024

Honestly going into the year with Tart and Hill/Rankins wouldn't bother me too much. There may be some camp cuts at NT as well to look at later. You can then see what falls to you in terms of DT in the draft but it doesn't force your hand.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - NotBigzo - 03-14-2024

I think people are overhyping Derrick Henry to Baltimore, but it'd still be stoopid to let Reader walk right now.

Sweat/Murphy will be there in Rounds 1 and 2, but no guarentee they'll be able to be a suitable stopgap out the gate.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Memphis_Bengal - 03-14-2024

This does not paint tart in the best light

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/titans-release-teair-tart-tennessee-moves-on-from-starting-dl-over-contract-personal-issues-per-report/

The Titans on Friday ruled defensive lineman Teair Tart out for Sunday's Week 15 game against the Texans. It turns out the veteran starter won't suit up for Tennessee again, with the club releasing Tart amid a personal dispute, according to Paul Kuharsky.

Tart confirmed that he was being released on social media later Friday. He said that he requested to be cut.

Tart, 26, hadn't practiced all week due to an undisclosed personal issue. Now, he's parting ways "after season-long issues reached a breaking point," per Kuharsky. The discord reportedly stemmed from Tart's desire for a new contract, as well as the Titans' recent dissatisfaction with Tart's "effort and attitude."

The Philadelphia native was scheduled to hit free agency this offseason after signing a one-year, $4.3 million restricted-free-agent tender last spring. But his relationship with the Titans also soured in part due to his conditioning, per Kuharsky.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - WeezyBengal - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 02:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It would be possibly if we did downgrade. Unless I missed something, DJ has not signed anywhere yet. 

I mean if we miss out on Reader.