Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bad Boys II - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Bad Boys II (/Thread-Bad-Boys-II)

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 06-24-2020

(06-24-2020, 07:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Welcome to the 3rd largest landmass country in the world, which also has a decentralized government that is largely based around personal freedoms, and as a kicker has a 2,000 mile border with a country that is essentially run by cartels.

I don't disagree that guns are generally a problem here more than anywhere else in the world.

RE: Bad Boys II - TheLeonardLeap - 06-24-2020

(06-24-2020, 07:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah right, The glut of guns in the United States come from Mexico.

Hilarious

Where did I say that it did?

RE: Bad Boys II - TheLeonardLeap - 06-24-2020

(06-24-2020, 07:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't disagree that guns are generally a problem here more than anywhere else in the world.

Anywhere else in the first world, perhaps.

RE: Bad Boys II - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-24-2020

(06-24-2020, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You made some claims but they are not true.

No, they’re all true.

Quote:High powered rifle rounds are obviously much more lethal than handguns, but because of the lack of major organs in your legs you are much less likely to die from a would to the leg instead of the head or body.  A SCIENTIFIC STUDY THAT PROVES THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED.

This is a bold faced lie. The study posted used only pistol rounds, which you finally agreed, once you looked foolish for several posts, are far more lethal.

Quote:So I say you are wrong.

Seeing as you’ve proven you know nothing about firearms no one should care what you have to say in the subject.

Quote: You can make up claims all day, but you have no real credibility.  In the same exact post where you claimed that a shot to the leg is only "slightly less lethal" you also claimed that the cop who shot Rashard Brooks would never face charges and would get his job back because he was being mistreated.

Yeah, my bad. I mistakenly thought the Fulton County DA was a professional and not a politically motivated, contradictory, fraud.

Quote:So you can keep telling everyone how smart you are, but based on how wrong you are about so many things it doesn't really matter what you say.

In fact you can't even keep track of the issue we are discussing.

Simmer down,Freddy you’ll shoot in your pants. You’re wholly ignorant in this subject. Quit trying to obscure your obvious embarrassment and quit while you’re behind.

RE: Bad Boys II - Dill - 06-24-2020

(06-24-2020, 01:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Outstanding, thank you for providing a source, albeit extremely limited ins cope, to try and prove your point.  However, I must again claim superior knowledge.  Your study is almost exclusively on hand gun rounds.  Literally the only rifle round in the study, a 7.62x39mm typically fired from an AK platform, caused a fatal wound.  As your IDF buddies are all firing rifle rounds, likely 5.56mm NATO (btw a higher velocity round than 7.62x39 which will cause a larger stretch cavity) your study is useless in evaluating their tactics.  Unless you want to use the only rifle round in the study, you know the one that caused a fatality.  Appreciate the self own on your part.

LOL all smoke and I'm pretty sure anyone following this debate can tell.  

Your claim that leg shots are only "slightly" less lethal arose in discussion of police violence/killings in the US--police who typically use hand guns.

So the "limited" study of handgun wounds addresses YOUR claim directly. Nothing to do with the IDF.

Is 1 still "slightly less" than 84"?

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 06-24-2020

(06-24-2020, 09:42 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL all smoke and I'm pretty sure anyone following this debate can tell.  

Your claim that leg shots are only "slightly" less lethal arose in discussion of police violence/killings in the US--police who typically use hand guns.

So the "limited" study of handgun wounds addresses YOUR claim directly. Nothing to do with the IDF.

I'll say this:
I'd say shots to the torso are more deadly to the person that you intended to shoot than a shot to the leg.

I'll also say:
An aimed shot to the leg is more likely to miss than an aimed shot to the torso. A missed shot is more likely to hit an innocent bystander than a sot that hits the target.

So are you advocating we aim for the leg? 

(06-24-2020, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll say this:
I'd say shots to the torso are more deadly to the person that you intended to shoot than a shot to the leg.

I'll also say:
An aimed shot to the leg is more likely to miss than an aimed shot to the torso. A missed shot is more likely to hit an innocent bystander than a sot that hits the target.

Closing your eyes and shooting randomly is more likely to hurt an innocent bystander too.  How many hypothetical situations should we look at so you can have his back?   Smirk

Remember just do what you're told even if you are completely innocent because the police are always right until they aren't.   Mellow

(06-24-2020, 10:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Closing your eyes and shooting randomly is more likely to hurt an innocent bystander too.  How many hypothetical situations should we look at so you can have his back?   Smirk

I don't recommend anyone close their eyes and shoot randomly. Unsure what was hypothetical in my post. I assume SSF was the "back I had"; however, I disagreed with the torso shot verses leg shot lethality. 

But I'm sure you thought you had a point in your head, but most likely are disappointed once you actually see it in type. 

It seems the GOP wants to address police reform but the Dems don't even want to discussnit:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/policing-reform-bill-fails-move-forward-senate-174100639.html

Quote:Before the vote, Republican Leader Mitch McConnell urged Democrats to vote to allow "discussion, debate and votes on amendments" on the GOP bill and chided them for their reported reluctance to vote to advance the bill.

"We're ready to make a law not just make a point," McConnell had said of Senate Republicans. On Wednesday, he called the decision of Democrats to block the bill "political nonsense elevated to an art form."

Minority Leader Chuck Schumer Wednesday called the now-failed Republican policing bill "fundamentally and irrevocably flawed" and said it could not be amended, despite calls from Republicans to allow a debate to go forward.

Hopefully the House GOP consider the bill the House will introduce so we can discuss reform and the Dems can say it was their idea.

It's worse than I thought. The GOP is trying to get away with murder:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pelosi-meets-backlash-saying-senate-010806099.html

Quote:"So far they're trying to get away with murder, actually. The murder of George Floyd,"

If the Dems want to win POTUS, keep the house, and take the Senate; their best strategy would be to but Pelosci and Shumer in the basement with Biden.

RE: Bad Boys II - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-25-2020

(06-24-2020, 10:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Remember just do what you're told even if you are completely innocent because the police are always right until they aren't.   Mellow

How the F are you supposed to put your hands behind your back when the officer has your arms pinned to your sides preventing you complying with their order? And then when you don’t comply because they are physically preventing you from complying they’ll add resisting arrest.

And people unconsciously withdrawal away from pain. It’s called guarding. It’s like accidentally grabbing something super hot and pulling your hand away. If your twisting someone’s broken wrist they will instinctively and unconsciously pull away. It’s like a blink reaction.

That cop should be fired. He should be arrested for assault. And he should be sued civilly for punitive damages.

RE: Bad Boys II - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-25-2020

(06-24-2020, 09:42 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL all smoke and I'm pretty sure anyone following this debate can tell.  

Dear god you and your buddies are wearingly obtuse. You’re combining two arguments and then cherry picking from them. Bottom line, hitting the leg with a handgun is a losing proposition. You’re going to miss most of the time. You brought up your IDF friend, who aims at thighs with his rifle. I pointed out that a thigh shot is less lethal than a torso shot, but not by nearly as much as you seem to think. You then posted a handgun study in response.

Bottom line if you want police to aim at the thigh like your IDF buddy using a rifle then realize they’re going to miss a lot. While a thigh shot is not as lethal with a handgun as a rifle it’s still very dangerous. Also most criminals use FMJ rounds because to them a bullet is a bullet. A FMJ is far less lethal than a JHP or SJHP.

Your study does not address my claim as it makes zero distinction for point of aim, which is your key argument. Bottom line, you clearly know jackshit about firearms and their use and no amount of posts from your little buddies attempting to back your inane argument will change that.

RE: Bad Boys II - Belsnickel - 06-25-2020

I'll also say:

The sad thing about this, is that these points were all made in this thread, already, a few pages back. It also isn't the first time these points have been made in this forum.

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 06-25-2020

(06-24-2020, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't recommend anyone close their eyes and shoot randomly. Unsure what was hypothetical in my post. I assume SSF was the "back I had"; however, I disagreed with the torso shot verses leg shot lethality. 

But I'm sure you thought you had a point in your head, but most likely are disappointed once you actually see it in type. 

Hypothetically firing into the ground could hit an innocent bystander.  Hypothetically so could firing while closing your eyes.

I get disappointed around this board a lot...not because of what I typed.   Smirk

FTR:  I have learned a lot about guns and their usage from this board.  I've never fired a gun and have no desire to.  I defer to the "experts" about it and understand that different situations call for different plans of attack.

I still believe we have a gun fetish in this country that gets more people killed than it should.

I'm still against shooting an unarmed person in the back as they run away.  But maybe that's just me.

RE: Bad Boys II - fredtoast - 06-25-2020

(06-24-2020, 09:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is a bold faced lie. The study posted used only pistol rounds, which you finally agreed, once you looked foolish for several posts, are far more lethal.  

I never said anything about pistols or rifles.  All I said was that s scientific study has been posted that shows gunshots to limbs are not as deadly as gunshot wounds to the torso.

And you have NOTHING to prove it is any different with rifles.  You just keep panting about how smart you are.  All I am asking is for the source of your knowledge.  You had to learn it somewhere, right?  

Just to be clear, we all agree rifles are more deadly than handguns.  What I want to see is the source of your claim that wounds to the leg are only "slightly less lethal" than shots to the torso.

RE: Bad Boys II - fredtoast - 06-25-2020

(06-25-2020, 10:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm still against shooting an unarmed person in the back as they run away.  But maybe that's just me.

It is justified if the person is a killer or a seriously violent criminal.  But this was a DUI with a resisting arrest.  It does not justify an execution on the street.

Here is my opinion of what will convict these cops.  The fact that they kicked and stood on his body and did not render any aid as he bled out.  None of that had anything to do with a "split second decision".  Instead they just wanted to kill the guy because he had resisted arrest.  That is murder.

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 06-25-2020

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article243779512.html

Quote:3 North Carolina police officers fired over racist rants

WILMINGTON, N.C.
Three members of a North Carolina police department have been fired after a department audit of a video recording captured one of the officers saying a civil war was necessary to wipe Black people off the map and that he was ready.

The Wilmington Police Department took the action on Tuesday against Cpl. Jessie Moore, and officers Kevin Piner and Brian Gilmore. Each was accused of violating standards of conduct, criticism and use of inappropriate jokes and slurs. After conferring with the city council, Wilmington City Manager Sterling Cheatham cleared Police Chief Donny Williams to release the details.

“When I first learned of these conversations, I was shocked, saddened and disgusted,” Williams said at a news conference on Wednesday. 
“There is no place for this behavior in our agency or our city and it will not be tolerated.”

According to documents released by the police department, a sergeant was conducting a video audit as part of a monthly inspection and was reviewing footage from Piner’s car that had been classified as “accidental activation.” After the sergeant listened to the conversation and determined comments made by Piner and Moore were “extremely racist,” she contacted the department administrator for the camera system.

At the 46-minute mark of the video, Piner and Gilmore began talking from their respective cars, at which time Piner criticized the department, saying its only concern was “kneeling down with the black folks.” About 30 minutes later, Piner received a phone call from Moore, according to the investigation, a segment in which Moore referred to a Black female as a “negro.” He also referred to the woman by using a racial slur. He repeated the use of the slur in describing a Black magistrate, and Moore used a gay slur to describe the magistrate as well.

Later, according to the investigation, Piner told Moore that he feels a civil war is coming and that he is ready. Piner said he was going to buy a new assault rifle, and soon “we are just going to go out and start slaughtering them (expletive)” Blacks. “I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.” Moore responded that he wouldn’t do that.

Piner then told Moore that he felt a civil war was needed to “wipe them off the (expletive) map. That’ll put them back about four or five generations.” Moore told Piner he was “crazy,” and the recording stopped a short time later.

According to police, the officers admitted it was their voices on the video and didn’t deny any of the content. While the officers denied that they were racists, they blamed their comments on the stress on law enforcement in light of the protests over the death of George Floyd. Floyd, a Black man, died last month after a Minneapolis police officer put his knee on Floyd’s neck for several minutes.

In addition to being fired, cases involving the Wilmington officers will be reviewed by the district attorney’s office to determine if they committed any crimes or showed bias toward criminal defendants. Williams said he will recommend the three officers not be rehired by notifying the N.C. Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission about their behavior.

RE: Bad Boys II - Dill - 06-25-2020

I'll also say:

Of course. Every combat vet knows shots to the torso are more deadly and surer to the target.

Current law and police doctrine forbids using lethal force/weapons for non-lethal purposes, like deliberately "winging" someone. Lethal force is ONLY to be used when an officer or innocent civilian is under direct threat of death or severe bodily harm. That means that no police officer can legally shoot any ol' suspect who runs away from arrest. No one that I've read on this thread has advocated "aiming for the leg."

What I am advocating is reform of a police culture which normalizes lethal options, in part by protecting officers who break the law. That entails a re-examination of the bar for use of lethal force and accountability for officers who use it. Posts #954, 966, 991, and 1,006 advance this position, also mentioning ROE's of the IDF and British police for contrast. In post #944, I did say shooting for Brooks' legs would have been a "safer option," since he was running away and a bullet on downward trajectory is likely to hit a bystander. But I did not argue that police should do that as a matter of practice.  It is illegal to shoot at unarmed people running away, no threat to anyone, even if "center mass" is the better target. I don't want to change that law, and lower the bar for lethal force, by arguing that winging should be an option.

In the course of that discussion, and apparently defending the police culture under question, someone claiming expert knowledge has been repeating that "center mass" shots are the surer bet for stopping someone. No one disagrees with this, but you'll continue to see it posted, along with the message board version endzone dance celebrating refutation. This sidesteps the points actually argued about police ROE, or the case in question where the suspect was shot while running away, but it does fog up the discussion. People like yourself jump in at some point and imagine someone somewhere must be advocating police shoot for the legs.

RE: Bad Boys II - Dill - 06-25-2020

(06-24-2020, 09:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:
Fredtoast: Wrote:You made some claims but they are not true.

No, they’re all true.

Quote: Wrote:High powered rifle rounds are obviously much more lethal than handguns, but because of the lack of major organs in your legs you are much less likely to die from a would to the leg instead of the head or body.  A SCIENTIFIC STUDY THAT PROVES THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED.

This is a bold faced lie. The study posted used only pistol rounds, which you finally agreed, once you looked foolish for several posts, are far more lethal. 

Quote: Wrote:So I say you are wrong.

Seeing as you’ve proven you know nothing about firearms no one should care what you have to say in the subject.

Quote: Wrote:You can make up claims all day, but you have no real credibility.  In the same exact post where you claimed that a shot to the leg is only "slightly less lethal" you also claimed that the cop who shot Rashard Brooks would never face charges and would get his job back because he was being mistreated.

Yeah, my bad. I mistakenly thought the Fulton County DA was a professional and not a politically motivated, contradictory, fraud.

Quote: Wrote:So you can keep telling everyone how smart you are, but based on how wrong you are about so many things it doesn't really matter what you say.   In fact you can't even keep track of the issue we are discussing.

Simmer down,Freddy you’ll shoot in your pants. You’re wholly ignorant in this subject. Quit trying to obscure your obvious embarrassment and quit while you’re behind.

Keeper