Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic (/Thread-Christian-Nutjob-Ben-Carson-says-Science-is-Satanic)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - michaelsean - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 03:18 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: What did you do.. Confused

Pervert

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Naranja Tigre - 09-26-2015

(09-22-2015, 10:18 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/ben-carson-big-bang-a-fairy-tale-theory-of-evolution-encoura#.eubbEPxya

So apparently "the Adversary" has the power to manipulate all evidence in favor of one of the strongest theories in science.  Begging the question: if Satan is so much more powerful than Jeezus, are Christians sure they're worshiping the right guy?

Carson was a neurosurgeon. He doesn't think science is satanic.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - GodHatesBengals - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 04:08 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Carson was a neurosurgeon. He doesn't think science is satanic.

Right. He just thinks some science is Satanic. Otherwise he wouldn't have said what he said.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Naranja Tigre - 09-26-2015

(09-22-2015, 11:38 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Yawn

So, wanna defend Carson for claiming that one of the most solid theories in all of science was "encouraged" by the red guy with horns?

It's not one of the most solid theories in all of science. I believe in evolution but let's pump the brakes a little.

(09-26-2015, 04:10 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Right. He just thinks some science is Satanic. Otherwise he wouldn't have said what he said.

To be fair, evolution basically replaces god. It's a tough nut for the faithful.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 04:43 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: It's not one of the most solid theories in all of science. I believe in evolution but let's pump the brakes a little.

It's not?  Please explain.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - GodHatesBengals - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 04:43 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: It's not one of the most solid theories in all of science. I believe in evolution but let's pump the brakes a little.

It is, though. Maybe even just 50 years ago it wasn't, but everything we have learned in recent science--from phylogeny to fossils to genetic drift to antibiotic resistance to DNA to hybridization and plenty more--says exactly what the theory of evolution would predict.

The ship has sailed.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 04:46 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: To be fair, evolution basically replaces god. It's a tough nut for the faithful.

The theory of evolution and creation are not mutually exclusive.  If you understood evolution and creation, you would understand it is possible for a creator to create evolution as part of the plan.  Since you claim evolution replaces god I have my doubts about how well you understand either and by extension, the big bang theory.

(09-26-2015, 04:46 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: To be fair, evolution basically replaces god. It's a tough nut for the faithful.

As an atheist, I disagree with this. The only thing evolution replaces is a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation account. There are better reasons than evolution to not believe in any gods.

(09-26-2015, 04:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It's not?  Please explain.

It's not, when compared to other theories. Gravitation, relativity, quantum theory, E-mag theory, etc. It needs a lot more time and research.

(09-26-2015, 04:51 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: As an atheist, I disagree with this. The only thing evolution replaces is a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation account. There are better reasons than evolution to not believe in any gods.

As an atheist you have no basis to disagree.

(09-26-2015, 04:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The theory of evolution and creation are not mutually exclusive.  If you understood evolution and creation, you would understand it is possible for a creator to create evolution as part of the plan.  Since you claim evolution replaces god I have my doubts about how well you understand either and by extension, the big bang theory.

I didn't say there are mutually exclusive, I have room for both in my life. However, to a lot of religious people, evolution does in fact replace god and that's why you see a lot of push back. That was my point.

(09-26-2015, 04:58 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: It's not, when compared to other theories. Gravitation, relativity, quantum theory, E-mag theory, etc. It needs a lot more time and research.

I thought you would compare the Big Bang theory to another cosmological explanation of the universe.

(09-26-2015, 04:59 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: As an atheist you have no basis to disagree.

That is as silly as stating a Christian has no basis to disagree with the Big Bang theory.

(09-26-2015, 05:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I thought you would compare the Big Bang theory to another cosmological explanation of the universe.

I don't know why you would think that, we were talking about evolution.

(09-26-2015, 05:03 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I didn't say there are mutually exclusive, I have room for both in my life. However, to a lot of religious people, evolution does in fact replace god and that's why you see a lot of push back. That was my point.

No. To a lot of religious people Genesis doesn't teach evolution.

(09-26-2015, 05:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That is as silly as stating a Christian has no basis to disagree with the Big Bang theory.

He's an atheist, talking about how religious people should interpret the theory of evolution.

(09-26-2015, 05:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: No. To a lot of religious people Genesis doesn't teach evolution.

What do you mean?

(09-26-2015, 05:20 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: He's an atheist, talking about how religious people should interpret the theory of evolution.

No. He is disagreeing with how you say religious people interpret evolution.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Aquapod770 - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 04:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The theory of evolution and creation are not mutually exclusive.  If you understood evolution and creation, you would understand it is possible for a creator to create evolution as part of the plan.  Since you claim evolution replaces god I have my doubts about how well you understand either and by extension, the big bang theory.

Thank you. It's a shame more people don't realize this, and that evolution doesn't always mean humans coming from monkeys.