Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE (/Thread-BUNGLE-4-BURROW-COMPLETE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Murdock2420 - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 09:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heck, they made a SB with a mediocre QB (Neil O'Donnell) then 2 AFC championship games with Kordell Stewart in the the 90's.

Over his first 5 years, Ben was fairly mediocre and a game manager who handed off more often than not.

Ben's best statistical years were from 2011-2018 and he hasn't led Pittsburgh anywhere in that span.

Exactly!!!

Build the other parts of the team then get your QB. Doesn't have to be 1 overall.

Mahomes not 1st, Brees not 1, Brady, Rodgers, this obsession with the QB at 1 when the team is a dumpster fire just makes no sense. 

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 07:34 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: The sad part is that many on here think Burrow will be that "great" QB.

(12-22-2019, 07:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And...the Dalton fanboys come out of the woodwork lol

Gentlemen,

I think what we have here is a fundamental misunderstanding. No one is claiming Andy Dalton is the long term answer here; I believe one and all know that ship has sailed. What makes me afraid are those who believe simply drafting Joe Burrow and leaving everything else intact will solve all the Bengals’ problems.

That is simply not true.

If the Bengals draft Joe Burrow, so be it. That’s the popular way to go and we all know Mike Brown loves a shiny new quarterback; his knowledge of other positions is, well let’s be charitable and call it “fuzzy.” I just want to manage expectations if Joe ends up in Cincinnati. It won’t be easy on him at first — if at all. It totally stinks to win the Heisman Trophy and go to a professional team with very few good players on the roster.

BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - bjf123 - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 10:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What makes me afraid are those who believe simply drafting Joe Burrow and leaving everything else intact will solve all the Bengals’ problems.

Anyone thinking that has clearly not been paying attention!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Shake n Blake - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 10:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Exactly!!!

Build the other parts of the team then get your QB. Doesn't have to be 1 overall.

Mahomes not 1st, Brees not 1, Brady, Rodgers, this obsession with the QB at 1 when the team is a dumpster fire just makes no sense. 

I disagree with you though. LOL

I understand where you're coming from, but I feel like we can do both. Parting with Dalton, Green and Glenn would clear 40+ million.

We could theoretically have as much as $100 million in space to totally reshape this roster.

Question is, will Mikey do it? Or will he just rely on Burrow selling tickets?

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Bilbo Saggins - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 08:39 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: For all of you who are giving each other high fives for the opportunity to draft Joe Burrows, I tell you he will end up another David Klingler unless this offensive line is drastically upgraded.  Given how Mike Brown under estimated the importance of Zeitler and Whitworth by letting them walk I highly doubt he has learned his lesson.  This team will not be any better unless the line is taken care of.  

David Klinglers?  What a comparison!  With such a defeatist attitude, why even put a QB out there?  They should probably sign the 5 most expensive FA o-line on the market and spend all of their draft picks on linemen.  Then they can play a jumbo Wildcat formation and play 1950s style ball with all of their talented o-linemen!  QB play just DOES NOT matter in the modern league, folks!  Tom Bradys would not fare ANY BETTER than Tyrod Taylors with a poor line in front of him.  

Zeitlers and Whitworths were indeed good players who were not replaced.  Mike Browns prefers to snicker to himself in the mirror that he got "good value" rather than pay market prices for FAs.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Nicomo Cosca - 12-23-2019

(12-22-2019, 11:12 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Anyone thinking that has clearly not been paying attention!

Literally no one thinks that.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Bengalholic - 12-23-2019

(12-22-2019, 10:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Gentlemen,

I think what we have here is a fundamental misunderstanding.  No one is claiming Andy Dalton is the long term answer here; I believe one and all know that ship has sailed.  What makes me afraid are those who believe simply drafting Joe Burrow and leaving everything else intact will solve all the Bengals’ problems.

But...who honestly thinks that? I don't know a single Bengals fan (even Dalton's biggest haters) who actually thinks all you have to do is draft Burrow and we're good to go, just like I don't know anyone that thinks all we need is Young and we're golden. Whoever they take with the 1st pick, whether it's a QB, DE or OT...there's still a ton of work to been done all over this roster, and barring a trade down, the player taken #1 overall will just be one part of the puzzle.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Kingslayer - 12-23-2019

Dalton throws for damn near 400 yards, 4 TD's still loses. Not a single person thinks he is the guy because we know he isn't. We have been to the puppet show and we have seen the strings.

it's time to let Dalton go, draft Burrow and move on.

That said, the entire staff needs to GO!

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Shake n Blake - 12-23-2019

(12-22-2019, 10:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m not aiming this at you or anyone in particular but I could substitute “Finley” for “Burrow” in your quote above and sound like many on here complaining about Andy Dalton early in the season.  

This is not a defense of Andy Dalton — he will find success but not in Cincinnati — so please don’t go there.  Let’s do our due diligence and see what Joe Burrow does under playoff pressure before anointing him the messiah of the Cincinnati Bengals.

I'm with ya, although Burrow is a far better prospect than Finley. He still needs a team around him and no one should anoint him yet.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-23-2019

(12-23-2019, 12:13 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: But...who honestly thinks that?

Unfortunately, Mike Brown does. “If you have the ‘bell cow’ quarterback, it works,” he said in 1999.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Bengalholic - 12-23-2019

(12-23-2019, 12:31 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Unfortunately, Mike Brown does.  “If you have the ‘bell cow’ quarterback, it works,” he said in 1999.

Yeah, I remember that quote from Mike. One of his many classics from over the years.  Whatever

(12-23-2019, 12:36 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Ah OK, I thought you meant among the fans...and yeah, I remember that quote from Mike, one of his many other classics over the years.  Whatever

Most fans can see what’s going on, I think, and on this message board most everyone “gets it.” However, the only dude whose opinion actually counts doesn’t “get it.”

I’m just going to put this out there: If Carson Palmer had been drafted by another team he would have won more. The fact that Carson Palmer had a losing record as a Bengal drives me insane because Carson was the biggest “bell cow” quarterback the Bengals ever had. On most any other team he would have won multiple Lombardi Trophies.

Andy Dalton was terrific until his best linemen and receivers left. True, he needed lots of playmakers around him but he was an incredible competitor. Even with this awful final season he will leave Cincinnati with a winning record.

Whoever the Bengals either draft or sign as quarterback in 2020 will need a retooled offense with lots of weapons.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - OswaldsLegacy - 12-23-2019

(12-22-2019, 10:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Gentlemen,

I think what we have here is a fundamental misunderstanding.  No one is claiming Andy Dalton is the long term answer here; I believe one and all know that ship has sailed.  What makes me afraid are those who believe simply drafting Joe Burrow and leaving everything else intact will solve all the Bengals’ problems.

That is simply not true.

If the Bengals draft Joe Burrow, so be it.  That’s the popular way to go and we all know Mike Brown loves a shiny new quarterback; his knowledge of other positions is, well let’s be charitable and call it “fuzzy.”  I just want to manage expectations if Joe ends up in Cincinnati.  It won’t be easy on him at first — if at all.  It totally stinks to win the Heisman Trophy and go to a professional team with very few good players on the roster.

This is basically what I am saying.  I am not pinning everything on Burrow.  However he will fail here, getting a shiny new QB will just leave us right where we are.  Sure some easy to please fans will eat it up and scream SB the moment he throws 1 TD, but that will not be the case.

It looks like both Dalton and Green are gone.  Even if we tag Green, who is to say that he will play for the Bengals.  There is also to consider if Green is actually worth it at this point, given his age and injury history.  Feels like he quit this year, so next won't be any better. 

The plans that some of the posters on this board have is just ludicrous.  Conklin isn't coming here, hell he isn't even that good to begin with.  Nope we will get role player FAs and Burrow will have the same OLine that can't block and those that claim I am making "excuses" for Dalton will use these same "excuses" for Burrow.  They already do for Mixon, but Dalton doesn't get the same.

Then there are people that say, "Sit Burrow and play Dalton til Burrow is ready".  Really, if I am Dalton I wouldn't do it, I would say good luck to Burrow and refuse to play.  That is disrespectful to Dalton and he shouldn't be asked to be put out there with this OLine just to keep the shiny QB from harm.  

Again, Dalton is gone.  It sucks, but that is the way it is.  I am just getting a head start on "hating" the new QB, cause sooner or later Blowing Joe (or Bungling Burrow) will be the "cause" of all our problems and we will just have to draft his replacement in the next year or so.  Why not, Arizona did it.

(12-22-2019, 11:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I disagree with you though. LOL

I understand where you're coming from, but I feel like we can do both. Parting with Dalton, Green and Glenn would clear 40+ million.

We could theoretically have as much as $100 million in space to totally reshape this roster.

Question is, will Mikey do it? Or will he just rely on Burrow selling tickets?

You already know the answer to that.  That money will not be spent the way us fans would want it spent.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Shake n Blake - 12-23-2019

(12-23-2019, 01:12 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: You already know the answer to that.  That money will not be spent the way us fans would want it spent.

I hear ya. I think they're going to need more than just Burrow to fill that stadium again though.

People are smart enough to tell when Mike is just half-assing it. Kinda like this past off-season.

(12-22-2019, 08:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: OswaldsLegacy working overtime to get that stupid nickname to stick.

It will stick.  "Bungle for Burrow" is stupid too.  So was "Blow for Joe" and "Tank for Tua".

Good ole Blowing Joe will stick.  Maybe not with this board, but other fans will be saying it.  The guys I know and talk football with will use it every loss.

(12-22-2019, 08:43 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I don’t understand your logic.  Andy played lights out today when he had time.  So Andy didn’t cover the guy in the middle on the play to win it for Miami?  I can’t wait four years from now and there will be people like you wanting Burrows gone after throwing a pick six.  There are many issues with this team in addition to QB.

Guess what they will call Burrow then.... Ninja

(12-23-2019, 01:08 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: This is basically what I am saying.  I am not pinning everything on Burrow.  However he will fail here, getting a shiny new QB will just leave us right where we are.  Sure some easy to please fans will eat it up and scream SB the moment he throws 1 TD, but that will not be the case.

It looks like both Dalton and Green are gone.  Even if we tag Green, who is to say that he will play for the Bengals.  There is also to consider if Green is actually worth it at this point, given his age and injury history.  Feels like he quit this year, so next won't be any better. 

The plans that some of the posters on this board have is just ludicrous.  Conklin isn't coming here, hell he isn't even that good to begin with.  Nope we will get role player FAs and Burrow will have the same OLine that can't block and those that claim I am making "excuses" for Dalton will use these same "excuses" for Burrow.  They already do for Mixon, but Dalton doesn't get the same.

Then there are people that say, "Sit Burrow and play Dalton til Burrow is ready".  Really, if I am Dalton I wouldn't do it, I would say good luck to Burrow and refuse to play.  That is disrespectful to Dalton and he shouldn't be asked to be put out there with this OLine just to keep the shiny QB from harm.  

Again, Dalton is gone.  It sucks, but that is the way it is.  I am just getting a head start on "hating" the new QB, cause sooner or later Blowing Joe (or Bungling Burrow) will be the "cause" of all our problems and we will just have to draft his replacement in the next year or so.  Why not, Arizona did it.

I’m sure I speak for you and certainly for myself but we do NOT want Joe Burrow to fail! If he comes to Cincinnati we want him to break every existing quarterback record and lead the Bengals to a dynasty. His failure, should it happen, will not be on him. Joe Burrow is a great player who plays in a great system at LSU. I’ve seen LSU play and Joe is elite, no question about it.

However, he is in an offensive system and plays under one of the most brilliant men in college football. Don’t forget that. Like many great college players who become Bengals, Joe may end up being “coached down” rather than “coached up.” Good Lord I don’t want to see that happen!

(12-23-2019, 01:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I hear ya. I think they're going to need more than just Burrow to fill that stadium again though.

People are smart enough to tell when Mike is just half-assing it. Kinda like this past off-season.

Some of us are.  There are others that think Dalton was the sole issue and that we would be SB bound if we had a better QB.

These are the same ones that claim that Mixon's lack of production is due to everything else.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - JSR18 - 12-23-2019

(12-22-2019, 07:14 PM)tBengal Wrote: Anyone see John Ross panicking when Eifert caught the TD?
Who Dey
                  John Ross hell. I almost puked... Sick