Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
OMG-Total classless Steelers - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: OMG-Total classless Steelers (/Thread-OMG-Total-classless-Steelers)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

OMG-Total classless Steelers - Bronxbengal - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You guys most likely didn't make it to Precordial Thump during your first aid certification.

I read a first-hand report of Hamlin's resuscitation and the dude pounding his chest was credited with saving his life.

We can disagree with what we see and none of us know the intent, but when I see that it appears to simulate restarting a heart.

And there's zero reason to insult anyone replying to what they see.

So the Steelers know this and incorporated into their celebration. They must have done a ton of research to prepare for this celebration. People are reaching and once again over reacting. I hate the Steelers just as much as everyone else, but simulating CPR come on man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - bfine32 - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 11:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oh, wait. You're saying they did that. Nvm, i thought you were speculating. 

Yes, I heard a first-hand account by David Moulton. He was emotional when he described how the first responder was "pounding"  on Hamlin's chest. 

Often the live-saving steps you see on the Red Cross video in 10th-grade health class don't mimic what you see when someone is trying to restart a heart. 

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - rfaulk34 - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 11:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, I heard a first-hand account by David Moulton. He was emotional when he described how the first responder was "pounding"  on Hamlin's chest. 

Often the live-saving steps you see on the Red Cross video in 10th-grade health class don't mimic what you see when someone is trying to restart a heart. 

Ahh, gotcha.  My apologies. 

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - michaelsean - 01-09-2023

(01-08-2023, 11:25 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: So the Steelers know this and incorporated into their celebration. They must have done a ton of research to prepare for this celebration. People are reaching and once again over reacting. I hate the Steelers just as much as everyone else, but simulating CPR come on man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No that’s what he was saying the Bengals did. Steelers guy straight up imitated chest compressions.

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - sandwedge - 01-09-2023

(01-08-2023, 09:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: My son is in that video in your sig. To Joe’s right. Turns at the same time Joe does.

That is crazy!! 

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - Nicomo Cosca - 01-09-2023

When Pacman is calling out your behavior you done ****** up.

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-09-2023

Just hard nosed Stooler football. Amirite Roger Rooney?

(01-08-2023, 08:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They're literally punching at him. Quit trying to create something that isn't there.

Bengals fans trolling the Bengals, WTF, lol.

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - Frank Booth - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 02:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
When Pacman is calling out your behavior you done ****** up.

Damar or the bills need to call this out

Tomlin was on record saying the injury to Damar was personal for him since he knows Damar from the pittsburgh area

And then his team does this. Guy doesn’t have control over his team. You see it with the locker room stuff that’ll come out on social media every once in a while

(01-08-2023, 08:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No kidding. This is beyond a reach.

Almost looked like they were mimicking a strip.... pulling at the ball.

(01-08-2023, 09:37 PM)Destro Wrote: Swinging left and rights is not CPR. Been training in administration since the mid-90's and not a complete dumba$$ for 15 years. Anyone trying to say what the Bengals did is anywhere close to CPR needs to send the video the their local fire station and insist this is how you want it done should they need to come to your house for a cardiac arrest.

Some people just go from bad to worse.

.....just can't admit they're wrong ...

(01-08-2023, 10:44 PM)Nepa Wrote: After an interception or fumble recovery, the defense always waves for everyone on the defense to go to the end zone and celebrate. To give the impression that Pratt was waving for help, as if mimicking what happened Monday Night, is very demeaning of him. Next time, please watch what  happens whever the defense gains possession via an interception or fumble recovery. One of the players waves for everyone to join them in the end zone.

Right, it literally happened four times this game.  Hilarious

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - BengalYankee - 01-09-2023

(01-08-2023, 08:30 PM)samhain Wrote: Depends on what the national sports media decides to do with it.  If it gets much run, there will be a response.  if it doesn't, it will be like it never happened.

I have been seeing multiple media clips laugh at the celebration. One example was get the F' away with the coin flip.

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - BengalYankee - 01-09-2023

(01-08-2023, 08:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Mixon will get more backlash from the league office for the coin flip...

Bet you he does not. 

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - JumboTron - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 02:59 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Damar or the bills need to call this out

Tomlin was on record saying the injury to Damar was personal for him since he knows Damar from the pittsburgh area

And then his team does this. Guy doesn’t have control over his team. You see it with the locker room stuff that’ll come out on social media every once in a while

Tomlin doesn't care, and probably lied about his relationship with Hamlin.

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - Daddy-O - 01-09-2023

(01-08-2023, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did.

Did you not see him punch dude's chest and motion for assistance?

WTS, I'm done. I know how this goes. WHO DEY!!

Get that crap out of here.  Do you even remotely know how CPR is applied?  Punch them in the chest, good grief.

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - Sled21 - 01-09-2023

(01-08-2023, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You guys most likely didn't make it to Precordial Thump during your first aid certification.

I read a first-hand report of Hamlin's resuscitation and the dude pounding his chest was credited with saving his life.

We can disagree with what we see and none of us know the intent, but when I see that it appears to simulate restarting a heart.

And there's zero reason to insult anyone replying to what they see.

They quit teaching the Precodial Thump decades ago....

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - bfine32 - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 03:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....just can't admit they're wrong ...

I must assume you're talking about me; as dude you quoted was quoting me. If you bothered to look back through the posts instead of just piling on you'd clearly see where I stated the more I watched it the less it looked like someone trying to restart the heart. My reply was IRT my initial view of the celebration.

That was quickly followed by a number of medical experts who stated that was nothing like CPR and I was "trolling, bfredding, ignorant...." I then shared a first-hand account from David Moulton who stated the most lasting image he had was the first guy on the scene pounding Hamlin's chest as hard as he could and the sorrow and exhaustion he saw in the 1st responders' eyes.

So the problem around here is not admitting when one is wrong. It's when folks just join the circus because the like the clowns

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - swilson3828 - 01-09-2023

(01-08-2023, 07:13 PM)burreauxs Wrote: Classless and horrific and totally not surprising, actually.

Horrific??  I don't know if I'd got that far, but definitely classless and tasteless.

RE: OMG-Total classless Steelers - swilson3828 - 01-09-2023

(01-08-2023, 07:28 PM)Nepa Wrote: Oh my Lord. That is unbelievable.

Now let's see if Mixon and the Bengals are fined for coin-toss celebration and the Steelers are not fined. The Bengals celebration was humorous. The Steeler resuscitation celebration is really, really offensive.

To be honest all of these celebrations are stupid.  Jumping into the stands is good and the chest bump....the normal celebrations are cool, but all of these role playing antics....no thank you