Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: { All Things Biden & Trump } (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-All-Things-Biden-Trump)
+---- Thread: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? (/Thread-What-will-impact-be-with-voters-if-Trump-is-forced-to-take-a-mug-shot)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Dill - 08-29-2023

(08-28-2023, 11:24 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why have you dodged the following question?  If Trump is a rapist because the judge said so, and they know best, then why is the Dobbs decision wrong, when it was decided by six judges?  Are judges only correct when they agree with you?  We all know the answer, but we also know your reply, if we actually get one, will be a fascinating display of mental gymnastics.

In any event, I'm going to cease responding to your attacks on me and return to the thread topic. 

It's not a "personal attack" if I demonstrate you've been inconsistent-- in RESPONSE to the same charge from you.

As far as the Dobbs question: this is the first time you've posed it. And it's laden with a number of misconstructions, so I'm not surprised you want to "return to the thread topic." 

To repeat--it was a JURY which decided Trump was a rapist, NOT A JUDGE. He only explained what made the finding consistent. So we are not talking about a judge's "decision." Second time I've pointed this out.

To that you've added the red herring that the evidentiary bar is different for criminal and civil cases. The "real difference" here doesn't refute anything. If you think Trump isn't really a rapist until he receives a criminal verdict, then why not go right to that?   Second time I've asked that, too. 

Still you want to convert the Jury's decision into a judge's decision, then accuse me of backing decisions only when they "agree with [me]."  That's something you allege pretty regularly, without explaining how you yourself escape the charge. My quarrel with Dobbs is that it did not follow organically from some incapacity of law, but was engineered to overturn Roe vs Wade, involving, among other things, a break with legal norms for nominating judges. Another example of super-minority control. Imputing to me claims like "a judge decided the Carroll case" and judges simply "know best" is the same kind of strawmaning that Lucidus complained of in the P&R forum.  Then you accuse me of "dodging" your strawman and predict "gymnastics." Might as well have accused me of bad faith to complete the inconsistency.

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Dill - 08-29-2023

(08-28-2023, 11:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Secondly, if you're going to call out behavior than be consistent.  Dill is the first person to bring other threads into this argument by attacking my posting history instead of the actual argument I was making.  But you'll never, ever, call him out.  If I get attacked, I am going to defend myself.

Lastly, if you really want this forum to be what you claim you want then start applying your standards for behavior equally, not just to the people you don't like or disagree with.  I won't be responding to this any further as you'll simply use it as "evidence" of my continuing to disrupt things. 

Here is where "other threads" were first brought into the discussion--your post #78, where you lump me in with some other "guys" regarding some magistrate's "decision" I have never weighed in on.

"And a judge signed off on a search warrant for the raid in Kansas on that newspaper, but apparently that was insufficient in that thread.  You guys' faith in a judge's decision seems to be largely predicated on whether you personally agree with the decision.  I could point to the Dobbs decision for another example of you showing disdain for judicial competence.  An inconsistent opinion is a useless opinion."

Also, you are the one who first raised the "consistency" issue, accusing me of only agreeing with decisions that "personally" fit, adding that an "inconsistent opinion" is useless--which would be mine, right?  (Also another combination misreading/misconstruction, as I am not referring to a judge's "decision" but a jury's.) 

But when I turn the charge back on you, suddenly it's a "personal attack" which you'll "weather" instead of going to the moderators. 
Accusing ME of what YOU did. Twice in one post.

(08-28-2023, 12:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again I disagree with how you interpreted that entire discussion but I acknowledge it is personal for you, it just doesn't have anything to do with this topic.  That's mainly why I responded to you first.

I agree Dill should also refrain from continuing along these lines whether he is my "friend" or not.  But if "applying your standards for behavior equally, not just to the people you don't like or disagree with" is going to be standard there won't be many posters left here on either side.  Smirk

Thanks for correcting the record, Dino. He knows very well  that the "myth" is not that spitting never happened,
but that it came to be represented as a common experience some two decades after the war. And
you know he's never going to quote one of my "numerous statements," but he will keep repeating 
"Dill lied and then lied about lying." And now on your "Kansas Raid" thread he's implied that you've
got an untruthful "agenda" too. 

He won't stop that behavior until he perceives the costs exceed the benefits. When he senses that cost, 
he always wants to go back on topic. Off topic when he wants, back on when he wants.

You'd like me to refrain. But when he says things like "I've literally never done this. Why make things up?"  
And "You're going to have to show me this one," you know what always follows, right? 
At this point, I can't ignore demands for proof without leaving the impression there is none.

(08-28-2023, 11:57 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dill Wrote:[/url]E.g., unless someone else regularly hijacks your computer, you are the same guy who defends ideals of absolute free speech, but also calls for the mods to take down threads he doesn't like

I've literally never done this, ever.  Why make things up?  

Why indeed.      
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Trump-where-do-you-stand-on-him-now  Post #2

SociopathicsteelerfanThis thread only exists to make you feel better and belittle people who don't think exactly the same way you do about everything. Pretty much every sentence in the OP screams this. A colossal waste of time to which I am only responding to ask the mods to delete it as useless for anything other than stoking a pointless argument.

Thank heaven you don't have the power to delete threads. 

And this would not be the only example of your impulse to censor "pointless" arguments either. I can cite at least two threads in which you want social-scientific comparison of conservative Islamists with conservative Americans to stop. One you started yourself in violation of the mod's injunction not to post "call out" threads. That's how determined you were to stop reasoned speech on that issue.

And then there's your opposition to promulgating knowledge about the behavior/nature of authoritarian rulers--at precisely the historical moment when it is most needed in the U.S. That's no different in principle from opposing the teaching of evolution in public schools because it challenges some parent's personal beliefs. So yes, definitely inconsistent. Regularly inconsistent while claiming others are.

(08-28-2023, 11:57 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quote:or wants people stop making Nazi analogies while making them himself. 

Yeah, you're going to have to show me this one.  I'm sure it won't be taken out of context at all.
Sorry all, but if I'm accused of doing something I don't do I do feel compelled to point that out.

Below is what an actual "personal attack" looks like, which segues into Holocaust analogy while calling me "always disingenuous." 
Who perpetrated the Holocaust and who denies it nowadays? Can you explain that without "gymnastics"? 

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Diversity-is-not-our-strength-Cincy-s-own-Ramaswamy-2024?page=4&highlight=holocaust #71

"Sociopathicsteelerfan: You've always been disingenuous, and is this case are flat out lying about what I said, but yourattempts to invalidate the lived experiences of some of the men returning home from Vietnam is just flat out odious.  You also gave us a very interesting look into how something like holocaust denial starts.  I suppose when all of the poor men who had the experience under discussion have passed on more people like you can claim they lied about what happened to them and label it a myth."

So yes, another example of your inconsistency. (And FYI Holocaust denial does not start with the vetting of evidence.)
And yes, that's from the same thread where I supposedly "lied and then denied I lied" about the Myth that Vietnam vets were spit on. 

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 12:22 PM)Dill Wrote: Why indeed.      http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Trump-where-do-you-stand-on-him-now  Post #2

Sociopathicsteelerfan[/url]: This thread only exists to make you feel better and belittle people who don't think exactly the same way you do about everything. Pretty much every sentence in the OP screams this. A colossal waste of time to which I am only responding to ask the mods to delete it as useless for anything other than stoking a pointless argument.

And this would not be the only example of your impulse to censor "pointless" arguments either. I can cite at least two threads in which you want social-scientific comparison of conservative Islamists with conservative Americans to stop. One you started yourself in violation of the mod's injunction not to post "call out" threads. That's how determined you were to stop reasoned speech on that issue.

And then there's your opposition to promulgating knowledge about the behavior/nature of authoritarian rulers--at precisely the historical moment when it is most needed in the U.S. That's no different in principle from opposing the teaching of evolution in public schools because it challenges some parent's personal beliefs. So yes, definitely inconsistent. Regularly inconsistent while claiming others are.

Ahaha, I knew you would bring that up.  I could explain what exactly was going on there, but you wouldn't get it, so why bother?

Quote:Below is what an actual "personal attack" looks like, which segues into Holocaust analogy while calling me "always disingenuous." 
Quote:Who perpetrated the Holocaust and who denies it nowadays? Can you explain that without "gymnastics"? 

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Diversity-is-not-our-strength-Cincy-s-own-Ramaswamy-2024?page=4&highlight=holocaust #71

"Sociopathicsteelerfan: You've always been disingenuous, and is this case are flat out lying about what I said, but yourattempts to invalidate the lived experiences of some of the men returning home from Vietnam is just flat out odious.  You also gave us a very interesting look into how something like holocaust denial starts.  I suppose when all of the poor men who had the experience under discussion have passed on more people like you can claim they lied about what happened to them and label it a myth."

So yes, another example of your inconsistency. (And FYI Holocaust denial does not start with the vetting of evidence.)
And yes, that's from the same thread where I supposedly "lied and then denied I lied" about the Myth that Vietnam vets were spit on. 

Even by your inconsistent logic this is a real stretch.  You literally posted sources saying that vets being spat upon was a "myth", "could not have happened" and was "apocryphal."  You never once said it could have happened until being called out for denying it ever did in several posts.  But to try and say this is a Nazi comparison?  Wow, I'd actually get a good laugh out of this if it didn't reveal something very sad.  Now, kindly return to spamming this thread with your separate posts.  After this gem I'm just going to leave you to it.ThumbsUp

(08-29-2023, 12:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ahaha, I knew you would bring that up.  I could explain what exactly was going on there, but you wouldn't get it, so why bother?

Of course you "knew." That's why you said you'd LITERALLY never called for the mods to delete a thread. EVER.

Of course you could explain "exactly what was going on" when you did, but it would still be a call to delete a thread you disagreed with.

So why bother? 

(08-29-2023, 12:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Even by your inconsistent logic this is a real stretch.  You literally posted sources saying that vets being spat upon was a "myth", "could not have happened" and was "apocryphal."  You never once said it could have happened until being called out for denying it ever did in several posts.  But to try and say this is a Nazi comparison?  Wow, I'd actually get a good laugh out of this if it didn't reveal something very sad.  Now, kindly return to spamming this thread with your separate posts.  After this gem I'm just going to leave you to it.ThumbsUp

Well yes, and I still "literally" agree with my sources that it is a "myth" that being spit on was a common experience of returning Vets. This was touted as common experience by the right two decades later. That's the view the evidence supports, so I continue to hold it. I do bother explaining.  You can't dispute the evidence for it, but continue to misrepresent it. 

You'd laugh off this example of the very thing you want stopped when others do it.
But connecting the Holocaust to Nazis is such a "stretch." The very attempt must "reveal something very sad."

Now that the proof you demanded is on the record, I'm ready to move on too.

Back to the grift around Trump's mugshot. As usual, Dino nailed it: 

If he shot someone on 5th avenue he'd have the bullet up for auction that day with followers falling over each other to own it.

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - GMDino - 08-29-2023

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Watters: The mugshot has breathed new life into the Trump campaign and broadened his appeal to Black Americans… Today my garbage man told me he’s buying mugshot tee shirts for everyone for Christmas. <a href="https://t.co/r5QQ0Cn5Cx">pic.twitter.com/r5QQ0Cn5Cx</a></p>&mdash; Acyn (@Acyn) <a href="https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1696314460569292925?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2023</a></blockquote> 

[Image: Screenshot-2023-08-29-125132.jpg]

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 01:41 PM)Dill Wrote: Well yes, and I still "literally" agree with my sources that it is a "myth" that being spit on was a common experience of returning Vets. 

I didn't say it was a "common occurrence", hence you're claiming to address a claim that was never made.  Again, you fail.  Stop wasting our time.

(08-29-2023, 01:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I didn't say it was a "common occurrence", hence you're claiming to address a claim that was never made.  Again, you fail.  Stop wasting our time.

??  No idea what "claim" you are talking about. If you are talking about the "myth," then I am addressing a claim by the Right 
which began over 20 years ago, starting especially with George H.W. Bush. Beyond that I'm only correcting your distortion of that.

The record is complete enough now. Stop posting errors if you want me to stop correcting them. 

(08-29-2023, 01:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Watters: The mugshot has breathed new life into the Trump campaign and broadened his appeal to Black Americans… Today my garbage man told me he’s buying mugshot tee shirts for everyone for Christmas. <a href="https://t.co/r5QQ0Cn5Cx">pic.twitter.com/r5QQ0Cn5Cx</a></p>&mdash; Acyn (@Acyn) <a href="https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1696314460569292925?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2023</a></blockquote> 

[Image: Screenshot-2023-08-29-125132.jpg]

Another national grift. 

I'm guessing there is considerable overlap between the group he convinced of Election Fraud
and the group he's now convinced to pay the costs of his prosecution. 

The political judgment of so many Americans has become so completely unmoored from'
grounding in fact and tradition that they deal with the error by compounding and celebrating it.

MILLIONS doing that. 

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Nately120 - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 02:10 PM)Dill Wrote: Another national grift. 

I'm guessing there is considerable overlap between the group he convinced of Election Fraud
and the group he's now convinced to pay the costs of his prosecution. 

The political judgment of so many Americans has become so completely unmoored from'
grounding in fact and tradition that they deal with the error by compounding and celebrating it.

MILLIONS doing that. 

I actually managed to woo my 3rd wife when we were dating by giving her family T shirts with my RSO picture on it.

(08-29-2023, 02:03 PM)Dill Wrote: ??  No idea what "claim" you are talking about. If you are talking about the "myth," then I am addressing a claim by the Right 
which began over 20 years ago, starting especially with George H.W. Bush. Beyond that I'm only correcting your distortion of that.

The record is complete enough now. Stop posting errors if you want me to stop correcting them. 

Let me know when you start.  

In the meantime.

[Image: IMG_0748.gif]

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - GreenDragon - 08-29-2023

Apparently, Donald Trump is the same height and weight as Joe Burrow.

Burrow - 6'4" 215 lbs.

Trump - 6'3" 216 lbs.

If you believe Donny, you need your head examined.

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Arturo Bandini - 09-02-2023

(08-29-2023, 02:59 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Apparently, Donald Trump is the same height and weight as Joe Burrow.

Burrow - 6'4" 215 lbs.

Trump - 6'3" 216 lbs.

If you believe Donny, you need your head examined.

Dude can't help himself. He's lying on just everything. 

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Arturo Bandini - 09-02-2023

I hope you cultists guys didn't invest in Truth Social because there is a high chance it is going bankrupt on friday.

Share came from 175$ to 14$ and it's closing this week. P01135809 will have to payback 300 millions to his investors ( of course he won't ) but he is going to grift again. Be ready to send him more money.

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Mike M (the other one) - 09-02-2023

(09-02-2023, 09:36 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I hope you cultists guys didn't invest in Truth Social because there is a high chance it is going bankrupt on friday.

Share came from 175$ to 14$ and it's closing this week. P01135809 will have to payback 300 millions to his investors ( of course he won't ) but he is going to grift again. Be ready to send him more money.
You Anti-Trumpers do a much better job keeping up with Trump more than i do. 

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Nately120 - 09-02-2023

(09-02-2023, 10:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You Anti-Trumpers do a much better job keeping up with Trump more than i do. 

Posting about Trump's indictments and/or problems is the left-wing version of buying a F*** Biden flag.

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Mike M (the other one) - 09-03-2023

(08-29-2023, 12:22 PM)Dill Wrote: Why indeed.      http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Trump-where-do-you-stand-on-him-now  Post #2

Sociopathicsteelerfan[/url]: This thread only exists to make you feel better and belittle people who don't think exactly the same way you do about everything. Pretty much every sentence in the OP screams this. A colossal waste of time to which I am only responding to ask the mods to delete it as useless for anything other than stoking a pointless argument.

Below is what an actual "personal attack" looks like, which segues into Holocaust analogy while calling me "always disingenuous." 
Who perpetrated the Holocaust and who denies it nowadays? Can you explain that without "gymnastics"? 

You flat out said it was nothing more than a myth twice even after psf said it did to his dad.

PSF never said it was common, only that it did happen to some. You are the one that used the term "common"

What wasn't uncommon was for the soldiers to return home and find protesters carrying posters with anti-war slogans, referring to them as war-mongers, baby killers and so on. In Rare instances, SOME did get spat on but i'm willing to bet that more were spit AT, as in protesters spiting at their feet than necessarily spat ON. There is also probably many that felt spit on metaphorically because they felt the Gov turned their back on them.

It was a very unpopular war the way the boys were drafted as well. 
1/4 were drafted. 
The drafting was nothing more than social warfare. Rich Kids could get out of it via college deferments, or if you were married with kids or only Boy in the family. The drafting board was criticized for possibility of preferential treatment by the members over certain individuals with in the community.

Which led to public draft on TV with a capsule for each day of the year (1 thru 365). The capsule that was selected would be the ones conscripted at that point. 
But again, rich kids getting out of it via college deferments or married with kids. 

After the war, it was changed again, now if drafted, if you are in college, you finish your current semester then report. No more college deferments and no more marriage deferments.

All i can tell you is that my father hated the way the military was treated by people when they got home. 

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - GMDino - 09-03-2023

[Image: Screenshot-2023-09-03-100927.jpg]

Mellow

[Image: Screenshot-2023-09-03-101552.jpg]

video: https://streamable.com/lp34uf

Source:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1697388163658895657?s=20

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is real. <a href="https://t.co/VjWwL6Ne6W">pic.twitter.com/VjWwL6Ne6W</a></p>&mdash; Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) <a href="https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1697388163658895657?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 31, 2023</a></blockquote> 

RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Dill - 09-03-2023

(09-03-2023, 01:12 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You flat out said it was nothing more than a myth twice even after psf said it did to his dad.
PSF never said it was common, only that it did happen to some. You are the one that used the term "common"

OtherMike, seems like you are taking SSF accusations at face value, without reading my actual posts on the Ramaswamy thread.
You are the second person to do that.
SSF did not say protestors spit on his dad. He claimed some of his father's friends were spit on, and a teacher called his father a "baby killer"(#33). (For the record, my disagreement with SSF began when he disputed my claim that liberals supported--and directed--the Vietnam War.)
In response, I posted two editorials and a book reference to people arguing that the overwhelming number of vets were welcomed back by their peers, not spit on (#52). I noted that this is a discussion in college history courses as there seems to be no film or photographic evidence of such occurring, and the vast majority say they were not spit on. This is not a claim that NO VET EVER claimed to be or was spit on.

In post #60, SSF said he allowed spitting might not have been the common experience, but claims I said NONE were; this was addressed to Dino who had just properly explained that I had NOT claimed no one was ever spit on.

To conclude my post #64, I borrow the term "common experience" from SSF to say this.

I still "flat out say it was a myth" that being spit on was the "common experience" (a term I borrowed from SSF).
Part of the "news legs" this issue gets is, it seems to me, derives from the ideological club it provides for revisionist history. If there are vets who were spat upon and otherwise disrespected when they returned, they'd have to experience this question as one more act of disrespect. Can't question the right wing revision of the war, then, without questioning those personal experiences--so "attacking the troops" yet again. No one who seriously wants to know what happened will treat the question that way, but there are strong ideological motivations here to keep the issue hot and muddled, in hopes the villains in U.S. history continue to be the people who wanted us out of such disastrous wars, not the people/policies that got  Americans into them.

So my argument was, and still is, that it was "myth" that being spat on was a common experience. I am using the term "myth" as Jerry Lembcke uses it in his book Spitting Image.The MYTH is not that it NEVER EVER occurred, but that it was a COMMON experience. My interest in the matter, as stated above, is in why the myth appeared during Bush I's term, and came to to be framed as a big personal insult to vets when questioned. So anyone who questions this right wing revision of history is then cast as "attacking the troops" to stop the discussion. Nevermind that the majority of Vietnam vets polled agree they were not spit on or mistreated, but welcomed by their "liberal" peers.  And that's how I regard my difference with SSF over this--his complaints are just another attempt to stop the questioning of revisionist history.

What is your interest in continuing the misrepresentation? Do you buy into the revision? Why bring this up on another thread and out of the blue?

(09-03-2023, 01:12 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What wasn't uncommon was for the soldiers to return home and find protesters carrying posters with anti-war slogans, referring to them as war-mongers, baby killers and so on. In Rare instances, SOME did get spat on but i'm willing to bet that more were spit AT, as in protesters spiting at their feet than necessarily spat ON. There is also probably many that felt spit on metaphorically because they felt the Gov turned their back on them.
It was a very unpopular war the way the boys were drafted as well.
1/4 were drafted. 
The drafting was nothing more than social warfare. Rich Kids could get out of it via college deferments, or if you were married with kids or only Boy in the family. The drafting board was criticized for possibility of preferential treatment by the members over certain individuals with in the community.
Which led to public draft on TV with a capsule for each day of the year (1 thru 365). The capsule that was selected would be the ones conscripted at that point. But again, rich kids getting out of it via college deferments or married with kids.
After the war, it was changed again, now if drafted, if you are in college, you finish your current semester then report. No more college deferments and no more marriage deferments.
All i can tell you is that my father hated the way the military was treated by people when they got home.

You are explaining all this to someone who was in that public draft in 1969.

Also, the draft ended during the war, not after, in 1973.