Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Do we live in a Rape Culture? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Do we live in a Rape Culture? (/Thread-Do-we-live-in-a-Rape-Culture)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - Brownshoe - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 07:59 PM)xxlt Wrote: Dude, sorry but you are wrong. You can't sign a contract (for something as trivial as) cellular if you are drunk, or if you have been under anesthesia w/in 24 hours. Why? You don't know what you are doing!

So, you clearly can't give consent for sex in those circumstances.

Now, I know some readers are thinking, "Well hell, I'd have never had sex to this day if I hadn't had it with drunk chicks!" And if this is the case, and you know who you are out there, yes Virginia you should have never had sex, you are guilty of rape, and are lucky if you were not charged and convicted.

Sorry for those of you who can only score with a drunk chick, but it isn't cool.

This thread has repeatedly contained posts that answered the threads question with an emphatic, "YES, we do live in a rape culture!"
But then, I knew it would from the moment I saw the thread, and I could have predicted from whom a good many of them would come.

Is this country a few steps ahead of the rape culture in other parts of the world, as some pointed out? Yeah, you bet!

That is like saying, "I only beat my kids for pleasure on Tuesday, Joe is the real child abuser - he beats his kids four or five times a week for kicks." Or, "I only rob and kill old people with lots of money - hell, some guys just randomly rob and kill anybody."

Oh btw you can give consent to a contract if you can understand the terms of the contract while drunk. You would have to be passing out to not be able to "understand the terms of the contract" if you're giving consent to sex.

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - xxlt - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, you didn't mention any of that in your "if you had sex with a drunk woman you raped her post".  So your answer here is "Depends".

You changed the variables, but made them deliberately ambiguous, in your hypothetical. I suggested you specify your hypothetical, and take your question(s) to an expert. You made a snarky comment. This sort of proves, as I already stated, your hypothetical was facetious and/or fatuous. If you want a real answer, make a real specific hypothetical and ask an expert. If you want to be facetious and/or fatuous, that is fine, but then you shouldn't be so astonished when multiple people ignore your questions.

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - xxlt - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 08:23 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So, if both the man and the woman drunk are they raping each other since consent can't be given?

There is no court in America that would convict a rape even if there was proof the person was drunk, but gave consent at the time. Unless there was proof that they were passed out drunk.

Saying drunken sex is rape degrades the experiences of real rape victims.

Actually, pretty much everything you have posted, including the post above, degrades the experience of real rape victims. In an effort to hear less of your foolishness, I will keep my responses to it to a minimum.

(05-06-2016, 08:57 PM)xxlt Wrote: Actually, pretty much everything you have posted, including the post above, degrades the experience of real rape victims. In an effort to hear less of your foolishness, I will keep my responses to it to a minimum.

It would be if drunken sex was rape, but it isn't rape. A prosecutor wouldn't even take the case if they would have to provide the court with evidence that you consented to have sex, but was drunk. He would probably laugh you out of the office.

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - bfine32 - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 08:55 PM)xxlt Wrote: You changed the variables, but made them deliberately ambiguous, in your hypothetical. I suggested you specify your hypothetical, and take your question(s) to an expert. You made a snarky comment. This sort of proves, as I already stated, your hypothetical was facetious and/or fatuous. If you want a real answer, make a real specific hypothetical and ask an expert. If you want to be facetious and/or fatuous, that is fine, but then you shouldn't be so astonished when multiple people ignore your questions.

Not sure what variable was change a man and woman had sex and both later regretted it. I'm unsure what constitutes a real specific hypothetical. What makes it facetious? Also your suggestion that I should ask an expert instead of this forum goes against everything this forum stands for. 

Hey but I'll give you credit: Although you; like everyone else, couldn't answer the question; you at least acknowledged it. 

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - fredtoast - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey but I'll give you credit: Although you; like everyone else, couldn't answer the question; you at least acknowledged it. 

I answered your question a few pages ago.

You even agreed with my answer.

Neither can be charged with rape.

(05-06-2016, 10:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I answered your question a few pages ago.

You know what the funniest thing about this thread is to me? I was on a grand jury not even too long ago, and the jury was hearing a rape case and the prosecutor kept saying "You have to remember drunken consent is still consent". I'm sure if that wasn't true the prosecutor needs to be disbarred. So, this is why I'm directing this comment to you Fred. Should I file a complaint on the prosecutor or was the information that they were giving the grand jury correct?

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - bfine32 - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 10:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I answered your question a few pages ago.

You just trying to get some free credit. Actually you said there should be no bias; never, really stated if there actually is bias. 

So your position is if a man and woman have drunken sex and both say they didn't consent, then neither can be charged. 

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - fredtoast - 05-07-2016

(05-06-2016, 10:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So your position is if a man and woman have drunken sex and both say they didn't consent, then neither can be charged. 

Yes.

If neither person wanted to have sex it would be impossible for sex to happen.  In order for there to be a rape there has to be an aggressor taking advantage of the other person.  If neither consented then nothing would ever have happened.

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - NATI BENGALS - 05-07-2016

(05-06-2016, 10:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You just trying to get some free credit. Actually you said there should be no bias; never, really stated if there actually is bias. 

So your position is if a man and woman have drunken sex and both say they didn't consent, then neither can be charged. 

Correct. And since women couldnt be charged under the FBI definition of rape until 2013 they were freely raping the shit out these poor guys for years. So i retract my initial answer. Yeah it is a rape culture. And the fact females can now finally be properly catagorized maybe this rape culture will begin to go away. The double standard is real.

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - bfine32 - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 12:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.

If neither person wanted to have sex it would be impossible for sex to happen.  In order for there to be a rape there has to be an aggressor taking advantage of the other person.  If neither consented then nothing would ever have happened.

AAHHhh.. So drunken consent is consent. Either that or I'm gonna be the richest Defense lawyer ever. "He didn't consent, nothing happened,  I rest my case". 

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - GMDino - 05-07-2016

Do we live in a rape culture?

People in this thread STILL trying to create scenarios where it couldn't be "called" rape.

Whatever

(05-07-2016, 01:12 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Correct. And since women couldnt be charged under the FBI definition of rape until 2013 they were freely raping the shit out these poor guys for years. So i retract my initial answer. Yeah it is a rape culture. And the fact females can now finally be properly catagorized maybe this rape culture will begin to go away. The double standard is real.

However many states had broader definitions.

Here is PA's:

Overview of Pennsylvania Rape Laws

Quote:In Pennsylvania, rape is a crime where the defendant forcibly or under threat of force engages in sexual intercourse with another person. Rape can also occur if the defendant has substantially impaired the victim's ability to control his/her conduct by intoxicating the victim without his/her knowledge or if the victim has a mental disability.

- See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/pennsylvania-law/pennsylvania-rape-laws.html#sthash.i7TbWlpd.dpuf

Seems like your friend just didn't want to say he had sex with a "fatty" and do the "walk of shame". Mellow

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - Rotobeast - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 10:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: However many states had broader definitions.

Here is PA's:

Overview of Pennsylvania Rape Laws

- See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/pennsylvania-law/pennsylvania-rape-laws.html#sthash.i7TbWlpd.dpuf

Seems like your friend just didn't want to say he had sex with a "fatty" and do the "walk of shame". Mellow

I'm fine with the PA law.
It illustrates that if a person chose to be intoxicated, the other party will not be held accountable, barring the use of force.

Edit.... also protects one who is passed out.

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - BmorePat87 - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Do we live in a rape culture?

People in this thread STILL trying to create scenarios where it couldn't be "called" rape.

Whatever

Nuh-uh! They're explaining why... umm.... they're just saying that like, if a chick wears something "slutty", she probably wasn't raped if she says she was... because chicks who wear slutty clothes lie or something?

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - fredtoast - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 02:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: AAHHhh.. So drunken consent is consent. Either that or I'm gonna be the richest Defense lawyer ever. "He didn't consent, nothing happened,  I rest my case". 

You don't understand the law.

In order for there to be a rape there has to be an aggressor taking advantage of the other party.  If both are drunk to the point that they can not consent then there is no aggressor.

It is illegal to have sex with an 8 year old because an 8 year old is too young to give consent to have sex.  But if two 8 year olds have sex with each other you can't charge them both with rape.

I also want to say that I guess I'm in this discussion, as very few women verbally gave me permission.
In most of my encounters, the passion was too strong for anyone to say much.
I always operated with the idea of going slow and progress through the bases.
If she said no (at any time) or moved my hand away, I would ask if she wanted to stop.
If she did, I would.
If not, I'd go back a base and be satisfied to enjoy that much.
If we went out again and made out, I would ask if she would like me to stop at said base again.

So.... if you have a woman that is inebriated (the partner is as well) but fully functional, who doesn't stop the flow of passion by any means (and is physically participating) considered implied consent ?

(05-07-2016, 10:31 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I also want to say that I guess I'm in this discussion, as very few women verbally gave me permission.
In most of my encounters, the passion was too strong for anyone to say much.
I always operated with the idea of going slow and progress through the bases.
If she said no (at any time)   or moved my hand away, I would ask if she wanted to stop.
If she did, I would.
If not, I'd go back a base and be satisfied to enjoy that much.
If we went out again and made out, I would ask if she would like me to stop at said base again.

So.... if you have a woman that is inebriated (the partner is as well) but fully functional, who doesn't stop the flow of passion by any means (and is physically participating) considered implied consent ?

I have always understood it, and I could be wrong, that if either partner says no and it continues it is rape.

If either partner is unable to say no due to any reason there is no implied consent because they cannot give it either.

RE: Do we live in a Rape Culture? - Brownshoe - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Do we live in a rape culture?

Whatever

Well considering drunken consent is still consent it isn't rape. So obviously something that's not rape couldn't be called rape.

(05-07-2016, 10:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: I have always understood it, and I could be wrong, that if either partner says no and it continues it is rape.

If either partner is unable to say no due to any reason there is no implied consent because they cannot give it either.

Do you believe that someone who is actively participating could be unable to consent from inebriation ?