Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit (/Thread-Trump-to-become-first-president-to-speak-at-anti-LGBT-hate-group-s-summit)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 04:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Okey Dokey, as I told Matt if you want to consider actions at a political debate by one of the candidates Protesting Conservative Speakers, then I'm not going to change your mind.

Just know that I disagree with the two examples provided as examples of protesting Conservative Speakers and I doubt you're going to change my mind. We'll just have to leave it to the unbiased to determine if the examples provided are apt.

Okey doke.

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - bfine32 - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 05:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know you like to mock my positions, but at least my retorts to you are done in a genuine fashion. I know you are often one that likes to point out the childishness of the behavior in here, but the vast majority of my responses to you are sincere and when it is in a joking manner it is intended to be sharing a joke with you, not at your expense. You respond with petty mockery. Just wanted to point this out for you to reflect on the next time you get in a snit about the behavior on the forum.

If you genuinely believe that dispute among politicians on political stances is the same as protesting Conservative Speakers then you have my apologies; if you do not then you have me saying pot meet kettle.

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - Belsnickel - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you genuinely believe that dispute among politicians on political stances is the same as protesting Conservative Speakers then you have my apologies; if you do not then you have me saying pot meet kettle.

I was sincere in saying that protest is merely expressing objection to an action or assertion. That's what protesting is. It isn't always demonstrating in the streets.

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - bfine32 - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 05:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was sincere in saying that protest is merely expressing objection to an action or assertion. That's what protesting is. It isn't always demonstrating in the streets.

If you genuinely believe that dispute among politicians on political stances is the same as protesting Conservative Speakers then you have my apologies; if you do not then you have me saying pot meet kettle.

So is an apology in order or a mirror? 

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - hollodero - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 04:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Okey Dokey, as I told Matt if you want to consider actions at a political debate by one of the candidates Protesting Conservative Speakers, then I'm not going to change your mind.

Just know that I disagree with the two examples provided as examples of protesting Conservative Speakers and I doubt you're going to change my mind. We'll just have to leave it to the unbiased to determine if the examples provided are apt.

Yeah, but those have widely lost interest in that technicality. The examples provided are not "apt". But they probably were not really meant to be. The mindset behind Trump's actions is not that different from the mindset of a protester's action (now that is not my opinion, it's my take on what other's opinions were), especially when it comes to the "bullying others for their opinion"-part. That the means are different - and they are, that's what you argue - isn't the entire point. Of course they are, when a dumbass protester is compared to a dumbass president they have to be by nature. What might be similar is the protesting part in itself, stripped from such circumstances.

I know I'm overexplaining this, but debates like that always end up in using loopholes in abbreviations, so it's not my fault :) - And since this whole "who's more intolerant" game is as pointless as it is boring, who really lost this debate is me. Verdict done.

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - Belsnickel - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you genuinely believe that dispute among politicians on political stances is the same as protesting Conservative Speakers then you have my apologies; if you do not then you have me saying pot meet kettle.

So is an apology in order or a mirror? 

Yes, my sentiment was sincere, because he was protesting conservative speakers.

(10-17-2017, 06:58 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, but those have widely lost interest in that technicality. The examples provided are not "apt". But they probably were not really meant to be. 

Well Matt was being sincere in his example. He genuinely considered Trump speaking out against politicians whom he views their stance as being too conservative the same as Protesting Conservative speakers. 

Belsnickle Wrote:Yes, my sentiment was sincere, because he was protesting conservative speakers.

Well then you have my apologies. 

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - hollodero - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 08:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well Matt was being sincere in his example. He genuinely considered Trump speaking out against politicians whom he views their stance as being too conservative the same as Protesting Conservative speakers. 

_using yet another technicality, this time the definition of the word "protest". Similar type of argument as you defining "the same" in a very narrow, literal way. You both found ways to be technically right.

(10-17-2017, 08:12 PM)hollodero Wrote: _using yet another technicality, this time the definition of the word "protest". Similar type of argument as you defining "the same" in a very narrow, literal way. You both found ways to be technically right.
Well I used "the same" as they gave their's in rebuttal to Trump not Protesting Conservative Speakers; as I found that not to be a trait of Trump as proposed.

I too thought Matt was looking to change his comparison to the meaning of the word protest and not defend it as a genuine comparison, but he has assured me he simply meant his example to be a genuine comparison.

For this I apologized to Matt as I often read his genuine comparisons as being less than. But he seems to be a forthright guy. 

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - Vlad - 10-17-2017

(10-13-2017, 06:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is some of the funniest shit, yet.

The guy who falsely portrays himself as some sort of civil rights victim because he can't use insults as "descriptors," just abdicated not only his civil rights, but the civil rights of all Americans who aren't black.

Are you really going to keep up this libertarian charade any longer?

Um no, that's not what he implied. By him stating "Gay people do not need civil rights. Civil rights are for black people" he meant gays are not being denied civil rights. Blacks certainly were.
If I were black I would be insulted at someone equating gay "struggles" to the struggles of those who came before me.
What a joke.

(10-17-2017, 09:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I used "the same" as they gave their's in rebuttal to Trump not Protesting Conservative Speakers; as I found that not to be a trait of Trump as proposed.

I too thought Matt was looking to change his comparison to the meaning of the word protest and not defend it as a genuine comparison, but he has assured me he simply meant his example to be a genuine comparison.

For this I apologized to Matt as I often read his genuine comparisons as being less than. But he seems to be a forthright guy. 

I laughed. Not so much about you, it's just funny. But this is a bit too detail-oriented for me... this whole debate very well started with the "intolerant left". Which of course is kind of a trigger, for a logical immediate reaction to that is "you (not "you", but whoever said that), you talk intolerance and cheer for Donald Trump", as others stated. There's an irony obviously invisible to some people, most of them probably not seeing Trump as that kind of master of intolerance that he is to other people like me.

Isn't that what this was all about, intolerance and how the left is intolerant? Or was it the right because there is a Trump? This whole debunks are so distracting... so what's your opinion, is it good, irrelevant or bad that Trump spoke at an anti-LGBT summit? What does the book of presidents say. I didn't say "hate group", so the question can be answered without further ado.

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - Vlad - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 01:25 AM)Benton Wrote: You typed “intolerant left” and went on to describe Donald trump.

No I did not. I described those on your side.

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - StLucieBengal - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 10:24 PM)Vlad Wrote: Um no, that's not what he implied. By him stating "Gay people do not need civil rights. Civil rights are for black people" he meant gays are not being denied civil rights. Blacks certainly were.
If I were black I would be insulted at someone equating gay "struggles" to the struggles of those who came before me.
What a joke.

Thank you Vlad.

(10-17-2017, 03:36 PM)Benton Wrote:

He did everything he could to disrupt conservatives speaking.

Gee, can you go anymore more in another direction?

The most violent and vile pieces of human waste reside on the left, but continue to pretend like they don't.
Let me also remind you of the filth that Occupied Wall Street.

Those vermin on your side so smug think violence is their God given right...that is, if they believed in God.

You're a mod. Can I post a picture of one of those you defend literally shitting on a US flag?

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-18-2017

(10-17-2017, 10:24 PM)Vlad Wrote: Um no, that's not what he implied. By him stating "Gay people do not need civil rights. Civil rights are for black people" he meant gays are not being denied civil rights. Blacks certainly were.
What a joke.

And if you're anyone of any color you should be insulted he wrote civil rights are for black people because that means civil rights don't apply to anyone else of any color. That is literally what he wrote verbatim. So don't give me that isn't what he implied crap.

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - Benton - 10-18-2017

(10-17-2017, 11:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: Gee, can you go anymore more in another direction?

The most violent and vile pieces of human waste reside on the left, but continue to pretend like they don't.
Let me also remind you of the filth that Occupied Wall Street.

Those vermin on your side so smug think violence is their God given right...that is, if they believed in God.

You're a mod. Can I post a picture of one of those you defend literally shitting on a US flag?

Well, there’s a post of a guy wearing an “I stand for the anthem” shirt while sitting on a flag.

To the rest, I’m not really sure what you’re rambling about. Unless you don’t understand that protesting something isn’t just whatever Fox & Friends calls a protest. It’s a pretty broad spectrum, encompassing people with signs, people holding sit ins, people advocating violence at political rallies, people heckling speakers. Trump was as disruptive to conservative candidates (real ones) as people wearing vagina hats.

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - Belsnickel - 10-18-2017

Every time I read some of the posts in here, I really am sad that people have not been taught what civil rights actually are.

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - bfine32 - 10-18-2017

(10-17-2017, 10:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: I laughed. Not so much about you, it's just funny. But this is a bit too detail-oriented for me... this whole debate very well started with the "intolerant left". Which of course is kind of a trigger, for a logical immediate reaction to that is "you (not "you", but whoever said that), you talk intolerance and cheer for Donald Trump", as others stated. There's an irony obviously invisible to some people, most of them probably not seeing Trump as that kind of master of intolerance that he is to other people like me.

Isn't that what this was all about, intolerance and how the left is intolerant? Or was it the right because there is a Trump? This whole debunks are so distracting... so what's your opinion, is it good, irrelevant or bad that Trump spoke at an anti-LGBT summit? What does the book of presidents say. I didn't say "hate group", so the question can be answered without further ado.

I think the irony lies in the fact that the left tries to mask their intolerance by suggesting they are simply doing what is required to "combat hate".

The left has always prided itself on "acceptance", but that changes quicker than a blink when someone does/says something they do not accept.

In this very thread it was pointed out that the liberal protests (at times violently) free speech from conservative sources. This quickly became equal to a Presidential debate or Politicians disagreeing over policy in an attempt to mask the intolerant protests.

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - GMDino - 10-18-2017

(10-18-2017, 12:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the irony lies in the fact that the left tries to mask their intolerance by suggesting they are simply doing what is required to "combat hate".

The left has always prided itself on "acceptance", but that changes quicker than a blink when someone does/says something they do not accept.

In this very thread it was pointed out that the liberal protests (at times violently) free speech from conservative sources. This quickly became equal to a Presidential debate or Politicians disagreeing over policy in an attempt to mask the intolerant protests.

Well when the thing they are not "accepting" is people who are racist and sexist it's silly to call the "left" intolerant.

But it could just be someone trying to take a road brush and say that the "left is intolerant" because some disagree with things on the right.  In which case there is some intolerance that should be tempered.  However not when talking about Nazis and the like.

RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - Johnny Cupcakes - 10-18-2017

Why is it that whenever someone points out the intolerance of pretty much any minority group by the right, the people on the right feel like pointing to the intolerance of people with intolerant views by the left somehow puts them on even moral ground?

If your argument is that I should be tolerant of groups with views that are damaging to entire groups of people, your argument is weak, and normal people can see it as a desperate grasp.