Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses (/Thread-Ben-Carson-It-was-OK-for-me-to-do-research-on-aborted-fetuses)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was that a question?

And a commentary. Multitasking.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - bfine32 - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 09:47 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Which, again, means you believe that at one time, putting a woman to death for failing to scream when being raped was fine.  Which you're free to believe, but don't be shocked when most people in the 21st century find your morals warped at best.
Back then society deemed that the rights of the man outweighed the rights of the women. Hell, some thought they had no rights at all. I wonder how warped folks of the 6021st century will think we were for killing unborn children.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 09:38 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: We're not talking about "me" though, we're talking about sperm and eggs, correct?

We're talking about life.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - bfine32 - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 09:56 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And a commentary. Multitasking.

What will the college board infer of your intelligence?

(08-15-2015, 09:44 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't ignore any books.  I'm saying the law that God gave Moses and the Israelites in Genesis and is outlined throughout the rest of the first five books was fulfilled by Jesus.  

Why did the law need to be fulfilled?

(08-15-2015, 09:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Back then society deemed that the rights of the man outweighed the rights of the women. Hell, some thought they had no rights at all. I wonder how warped folks of the 6021st century will think we were for killing unborn children.

Weren't those laws given to them by god?

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - jakefromstatefarm - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 09:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: We're talking about life.

If you want to argue that sperm and eggs by themselves are life, okay.  Fine with me.

I think you're grasping at straws here, but carry on.  

(08-15-2015, 09:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What will the college board infer of your intelligence?

That I can simultaneously make a commentary while asking a question. Duh.

(08-15-2015, 10:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Weren't those laws given to them by god?

Perhaps as they understood them.

So you're saying they had another reason besides convenience?

(08-15-2015, 10:02 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: If you want to argue that sperm and eggs by themselves are life, okay.  Fine with me.

I think you're grasping at straws here, but carry on.  

Yes, they are life. So how can life "start" at conception when the cells needed are already "life"?

(08-15-2015, 10:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That I can simultaneously make a commentary while asking a question. Duh.

Or they might think that you do not know what forms a question. It takes more than just using punctuation; but you already knew that.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - jakefromstatefarm - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 10:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yes, they are life. So how can life "start" at conception when the cells needed are already "life"?

You must have been sick during sex education class, or you're intentionally being obtuse. 

I'm pretty sure we're discussing HUMAN LIFE here, not living sperm or eggs.  There is a difference, correct? 

(08-15-2015, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps as they understood them.

What?

I'm pretty sure the the Bible states the law not to eat pork came from god. Are you claiming the Bible is wrong?

(08-15-2015, 10:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Or they might think that you do not know what forms a question. It takes more than just using punctuation; but you already knew that.

It is a question.

(08-15-2015, 10:07 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: You must have been sick during sex education class, or you're intentionally being obtuse. 

I'm pretty sure we're discussing HUMAN LIFE here, not living sperm or eggs.  There is a difference, correct? 

Life is life, Einstein. Unless you know of some way to animate the inanimate.

(08-15-2015, 10:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What?

I'm pretty sure the the Bible states the law not to eat pork came from god. Are you claiming the Bible is wrong?

Of course I am not claiming the Bible is wrong. I am asserting it is not a textbook. The believer will read, develop a personal relationship, and grow in it. The non-believer will ridicule it and look for inconsistencies out of fear.

There is quite a bit you could learn about the "unclean" meat. Start with Acts

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Shake n Blake - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 10:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Life is life, Einstein. Unless you know of some way to animate the inanimate.

So you think an individual sperm OR egg is human life. Got it.

(08-15-2015, 10:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Life is life, Einstein. Unless you know of some way to animate the inanimate.

No, it's not. 

A sperm on it's own is not human life.  Neither is an egg.  Neither are capable of creating human life on their own. 

Even if this ridiculous argument were correct, can you get to the point?  Do you even have one?  One that makes sense?

Skin cells are alive as well, I don't think that anyone is dumb enough to tie that into the abortion discussion.

If this is the best you've got, you've got nothing here, but please don't let me get in the way of what you think is some kind of "gotcha" position.  

(08-15-2015, 10:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So you think an individual sperm OR egg is human life. Got it.

Those cells are alive. They are part of the human life cycle. They were produced by living humans.

Do you believe in a creator?  If you do, can anything other than a creator create living cells?

(08-15-2015, 10:21 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: No, it's not. 

A sperm on it's own is not human life.  Neither is an egg.  Neither are capable of creating human life on their own. 

Even if this ridiculous argument were correct, can you get to the point?  Do you even have one?  One that makes sense?

Skin cells are alive as well, I don't think that anyone is dumb enough to tie that into the abortion discussion.

If this is the best you've got, you've got nothing here, but please don't let me get in the way of what you think is some kind of "gotcha" position.  

I have already stated the point multiple times. You're too "obtuse" to understand.