Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Faith - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Faith (/Thread-Faith)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Faith - Blutarsky - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 01:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well Christian god also informed me you haven't stoned an adulteress to death in a while, either.  

He's not going to. Stoning is a Muslim thing as well.
Recall God had to send his son to earth to set things straight with all those misguided folks, you know, that episode when Jesus challenged the locals that were without sin to cast the first stone at that prostitute.

Too bad Muslims appeared 600 yrs. later and never got the message that you just don't do that shit anymore.

RE: Faith - GodHatesBengals - 09-03-2015

In my experience, most people who believe in god really just need a good anti-depressant.

RE: Faith - StLucieBengal - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 12:30 AM)Beaker Wrote: Post his pic next time he shows up for you. I would like to see him.

Showed up for me this morning. Been praying my friends wife's cancer would go into remission and it has ... Just got the good news earlier.

(09-03-2015, 02:41 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: In my experience, most people who believe in god really just need a good anti-depressant.

Yeah cause more pills is always the answer lol

Try Less meds and more God.

RE: Faith - GodHatesBengals - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 07:52 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: He's not going to. Stoning is a Muslim thing as well.
Recall God had to send his son to earth to set things straight with all those misguided folks, you know, that episode when Jesus challenged the locals that were without sin to cast the first stone at that prostitute.

Too bad Muslims appeared 600 yrs. later and never got the message that you just don't do that shit anymore.

Too bad Christian societies up until the Enlightenment (and still some after) were stoning adulteresses.

Query: Is that because Christians misunderstood the "new rules" for the first 1000+ years after Christ and suddenly got it, or because the revolution in secular thought had a tempering effect on the extreme cruelties of Judeo-Christian culture?

(Give it a while guys, this is a tough question for Christians...)

RE: Faith - fredtoast - 09-03-2015

I voted "no", but it really should have been "I don't know". I lean strongly towards "no", but I honestly can't say for sure.

But I do have man bewbs and they are the sweaty today.

(09-03-2015, 02:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I voted "no", but it really should have been "I don't know".  I lean strongly towards "no", but I honestly can't say for sure.

But I do have man bewbs and they are the sweaty today.

Ah so your hedging your bet. Which means you think it's possible.

RE: Faith - Johnny Cupcakes - 09-04-2015

(09-03-2015, 02:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ah so your hedging your bet.   Which means you think it's possible.

Of course, it's possible.  It's also possible that Kate Upton and Katy Perry have lesbian sex in my garage every night.  Even though this possibility exists, I'm in no rush to run out to the garage to check.  I have no reason to believe that they're actually out there, just as there is no legit reason to believe in a god.

RE: Faith - RoyleRedlegs - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 12:11 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Of course, it's possible.  It's also possible that Kate Upton and Katy Perry have lesbian sex in my garage every night.  Even though this possibility exists, I'm in no rush to run out to the garage to check.  I have no reason to believe that they're actually out there, just as there is no legit reason to believe in a god.

I'll...uh...check for ya

RE: Faith - Blutarsky - 09-04-2015

(08-27-2015, 10:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People believe in god the same way football fans believe in a backup QB who has never seen action; less evidence means more room to inject your own wild bias.

Um no. You shouldn't go the analogy route. Not your forte for sure.

RE: Faith - Blutarsky - 09-04-2015

(09-03-2015, 02:46 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Too bad Christian societies up until the Enlightenment (and still some after) were stoning adulteresses.

Query: Is that because Christians misunderstood the "new rules" for the first 1000+ years after Christ and suddenly got it, or because the revolution in secular thought had a tempering effect on the extreme cruelties of Judeo-Christian culture?

(Give it a while guys, this is a tough question for Christians...)

Not only that, but other heinous punishments such as being burned at the stake.

Nevertheless, continue to harp on 16th Century Christianity while waiting for Muslims to get enlightened.

RE: Faith - Nately120 - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 12:31 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Um no. You shouldn't go the analogy route. Not your forte for sure.

I have yet to see a greater stamp of approval than your disapproval; my analogy was apt, fitting, and somewhat witty. Anywho, Jesus had ample time to point out being gay was wrong and he chose not to, so people who claim to follow Christ should stop citing Leviticus.

RE: Faith - Nately120 - 09-04-2015

(09-03-2015, 02:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Showed up for me this morning.  Been praying my friends wife's cancer would go into remission and it has ...  Just got the good news earlier.

That's good to hear, but sometimes people (who actually believe, and aren't heathens like me) pray for things that don't go as well.  Thems the breaks.

RE: Faith - StLucieBengal - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 12:11 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Of course, it's possible.  It's also possible that Kate Upton and Katy Perry have lesbian sex in my garage every night.  Even though this possibility exists, I'm in no rush to run out to the garage to check.  I have no reason to believe that they're actually out there, just as there is no legit reason to believe in a god.

If your so sure that there is no God and that religion is false then there is no reason to hedge your bets, the fact that you do means there is a real possibility.

That's all I'm sayng. Since there are some here who claim to be anti God and say he is made up. It's funny when one of them is hedging his bets.

Either stand for something or don't. Accept the consequences either way.

And we both can safely say there is no Katy Perry lesbian sex going on in your garage lol However we can't say the same for God.

(09-04-2015, 12:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's good to hear, but sometimes people (who actually believe, and aren't heathens like me) pray for things that don't go as well.  Thems the breaks.

Praying isn't a wish. It's not gonna come true all the time.

RE: Faith - GodHatesBengals - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 12:44 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Not only that, but other heinous punishments such as being burned at the stake.

Nevertheless, continue to harp on 16th Century Christianity while waiting for Muslims to get enlightened.

Muslims need the same thing Christians need: a strong secularist, rationalist movement to temper their paranoia and hatred.

RE: Faith - GodHatesBengals - 09-04-2015

(09-03-2015, 02:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah cause more pills is always the answer lol

Try Less meds and more God.

Pills are certainly not always the answer. They are, however, a great answer to religion.

RE: Faith - GMDino - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 02:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Praying isn't a wish.  It's not gonna come true all the time.

Then why pray?

If its "god's will" you're praying has no effect.

Thanking him for the good or asking for the bad to stop...doesn't matter.  God has willed it.  Live with it.

(09-04-2015, 08:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: Then why pray?

If its "god's will" you're praying has no effect.

Thanking him for the good or asking for the bad to stop...doesn't matter.  God has willed it.  Live with it.

Always ask for his blessing. And that he hears your prayers.

RE: Faith - djs7685 - 09-04-2015

What are the odds that believing in the Christian God is just a mental disorder?