Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump (/Thread-Whistle-Blower%E2%80%99s-Complaint-Is-Said-to-Involve-Multiple-Acts-by-Trump)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - bfine32 - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 12:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Using his office to commit a campaign finance violation.

So if he has confessed to this then he should be held accountable. 

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Dill - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 12:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: So we all knew this was not a verbatim transcript and that one of those does not exist.

However this was an interesting catch.

So vague and inarticulate about "this whole situation . . . . there are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation.'; Like we have an 8th grader in charge of foreign policy.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - bfine32 - 09-25-2019

Welp today in bfine's anniversary (29) and MS bfine just got back from the day spa. So I'm not going to be able to play with you guys any longer today. I trust the good Americans in this forum to read the complete transcript and provide their honest assessment.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Dill - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 12:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Welp today in bfine's anniversary (29) and MS bfine just got back from the day spa. So I'm not going to be able to play with you guys any longer today. I trust the good Americans in this forum to read the complete transcript and provide their honest assessment.

LOL No time to read the "transcript" of notes. I am waiting for Barr's summary.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - GMDino - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 12:29 PM)Dill Wrote: So vague and inarticulate about "the whole situation." Like we have an 8th grader in charge of foreign policy.

An 8th grader who hits "reply all"...

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - GMDino - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 12:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Welp today in bfine's anniversary (29) and MS bfine just got back from the day spa. So I'm not going to be able to play with you guys any longer today. I trust the good Americans in this forum to read the complete transcript and provide their honest assessment.

Congratulations!  Sincerely!

Have a wonderful day away from the mess! We all need time away sometimes!

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - michaelsean - 09-25-2019

I used to believe you fought in Afghanistan.

(09-25-2019, 12:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: An 8th grader who hits "reply all"...

[Image: EFUhDr_X4AAyXco?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: EFUhDr9XsAIenGA?format=jpg&name=large]

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 01:18 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

[Image: EFUhDr_X4AAyXco?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: EFUhDr9XsAIenGA?format=jpg&name=large]

What pisses me off is that people in the media are calling what was released a transcript. It is no such thing, and calling it a transcript is just playing to the administration's messaging game.

(09-25-2019, 01:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: What pisses me off is that people in the media are calling what was released a transcript. It is no such thing, and calling it a transcript is just playing to the administration's messaging game.

I've seen more than a few that explained that it a "transcript" but not exact and explained why.  But I agree the frustration is there that they shorten everything to make it "simple".

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - michaelsean - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 01:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've seen more than a few that explained that it a "transcript" but not exact and explained why.  But I agree the frustration is there that they shorten everything to make it "simple".

Speaking of making it simple, is what is in the "transcript" illegal?  I haven't really been paying attention to what laws are possibly being violated.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 09-25-2019

I just also have to say that after reading the memo of the phone conversation, we have a this exchange (tl;dr version):

US: I'd like us to have a great, reciprocal working relationship.
Ukraine: Me too! In fact, we could really use some new Javelins.
US: Well, I'd really like you to do me a favor. Could you look into this pesky Russian meddling thing that Mueller bungled?
Ukraine: Sure thing. We'll talk with Rudy about it next time we see him.
US: Speaking of Rudy and investigations, could you look into the Bidens for me and keep Barr in on things as well?
Ukraine: Can do!

Now, obviously this is shortened and what not, but this is seriously the boiled down version of their conversation in this memo. Read it for yourself if you don't believe me: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

Read that and tell me that this exchange didn't happen in a more formal dialogue. When anyone says there is no explicit quid pro quo, point to this exchange and tell me there wasn't an implicit one in that conversation.

(09-25-2019, 01:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Speaking of making it simple, is what is in the "transcript" illegal?  I haven't really been paying attention to what laws are possibly being violated.

He violated campaign finance laws in that conversation, that is certain.

"trust me"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/trump-ive-done-nothing-wrong-creates-impeachment-defense-task-force

Quote:In his first reaction to the release of phone call transcript between President Trump and the president of Ukraine that sparked new calls for impeachment hearings, Trump has declared that he did nothing wrong.

In a campaign fundraising email, he said, "I've done nothing wrong, trust me, you saw the transcript."

He also blasted House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic "witch hunt" to remove him from office in time for the reelection campaign.

"Nancy Pelosi formally called for the first step towards my IMPEACHMENT! This is just another smear job and pathetic attempt by Democrats to rip the power from the people," he said, in the campaign email to supporters.

The money raised by the email, he said, will be fund an "Impeachment Defense Task Force."

In a separate statement, Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale called the impeachment drive a “hoax,” and said “pure hatred” is driving Democrats.

“Because of their pure hatred for President Trump, desperate Democrats and the salivating media already had determined their mission: take out the President. The fact is that the president wants to fight the corruption in Washington, where the Bidens, the Clintons, and other career politicians have abused their power for personal gain for decades. The facts prove the President did nothing wrong. This is just another hoax from Democrats and the media, contributing to the landslide re-election of President Trump in 2020,” he said.

The Trump email:

Nancy Pelosi formally called for the first step towards my IMPEACHMENT! This is just another smear job and pathetic attempt by Democrats to rip the power from the people.

I’VE DONE NOTHING WRONG. TRUST ME, YOU SAW THE TRANSCRIPT.

It’s time to set something straight once and for all. The Democrats’ constant personal attacks, vicious lies, and now these baseless impeachment attacks, have never had anything to do with me...

Their goal has always been to silence YOU, they want to steal YOUR voice and YOUR vote.

This is only the beginning of yet ANOTHER nasty Witch Hunt against me, and we need to fight back BIGGER and STRONGER than ever before.

To fight back, we just launched our Official Impeachment Defense Task Force, and I need strong American Patriots, like YOU, to join me.

As one of the Charter members of my Official Impeachment Defense Task Force, you will be representing our Impeachment Defense front for all of your state.

REMEMBER: ALL CONTRIBUTIONS WILL BE DOUBLE-MATCHED

Please contribute $5 to join our Official Impeachment Defense Task Force and your gift will be instantly DOUBLE-MATCHED.

Nervous Nancy has let this go too far and it’s only going to get worse, Paul. The closer we get to the 2020 Election, the more vicious their attacks against my Administration will get.

American’s fearless resolve has always protected this great country from these types of disgusting attacks on our Country. And I know, today will be no different.

I need you to stand with me RIGHT NOW. I’ve asked my team to give me a list of every American who contributes and joins my Official Impeachment Defense Task Force. Will I see your name on there?

Please contribute $5 to join our Official Impeachment Defense Task Force and get on the list of Patriots my team sends to my office.

Thank you and GOD BLESS AMERICA.

President Trump Signature Headshot
Donald J. Trump
President of the United States

(09-25-2019, 01:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He violated campaign finance laws in that conversation, that is certain.

And that's because Biden is a candidate?  Like if Biden were just ex-VP Biden then it wouldn't violate those laws?

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 09-25-2019

So Zelenskyy mentions they want to buy weapons (part of the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative aid that stopped days before) to which Trump then says he "needs a favor" and asks him to look into his own conspiracy theory (that is unfounded) that Crowdstrike (the security firmed hired by the DNC to investigate the hack) is Ukrainian based and has some secret missing server full of emails and data that will show Russia didn't hack it.

Zelenskyy says he wants to cooperate with the US and reached out to Rudy. Trump then says that's good because he heard their former prosecutor (believe this is the one fired for taking bribes) was very good and Biden did shady things, so Zelenskyy should look into that too with the coordination of Burr and Rudy.

Zelenskyy doesn't correct Trump on his praise of the bribe taker, but instead he says that he has his own guy now and they're focused on showing that their government is honest.

Trump again says the prosecutot was treated poorly and Zelenskyy replies with saying they can be friends and he stayed at Trump Tower and hopes to come back to the US again.

Trump then says he will have Rudy and Burr call and he's welcome to come to the White House anytime.

Thoughts: the investigation component alone is an issue with campaign finance laws. There is a credible case to be made regarding quid pro quo, considering he asked about two personal, election related issues after Zelenskyy mentioned the aid program.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 02:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And that's because Biden is a candidate?  Like if Biden were just ex-VP Biden then it wouldn't violate those laws?

Yes. However, pushing him to investigate his 2016 election conspiracy theory might also qualify as a violation. 

(09-25-2019, 02:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And that's because Biden is a candidate?  Like if Biden were just ex-VP Biden then it wouldn't violate those laws?

On the Biden issue, yes. The Crowdstrike thing could also be considered a violation as well, though. Of course, even if it was just Biden and he was not a candidate, then there would be the question still of abuse of power, which is impeachable, but isn't as clear as the campaign finance law violations.

Edit to add: Since he used the office of the POTUS to carry out said campaign finance violations, it is also an egregious abuse of power in addition to the regular ol' campaign finance violations.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Nately120 - 09-25-2019

What are the odds the impeachment proceedings lead to an uptick in approval like they did with Clinton?

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fca-times.brightspotcd...s-20160726]

(09-25-2019, 02:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What are the odds the impeachment proceedings lead to an uptick in approval like they did with Clinton?

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fca-times.brightspotcd...s-20160726]

Depends on the narrative. The narrative behind Clinton's was that he was being impeached for getting some side action. His approval was also north for 50% for 3 years prior to impeachment.