Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The last time we traded back in the 1st... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The last time we traded back in the 1st... (/Thread-The-last-time-we-traded-back-in-the-1st)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - jason - 01-04-2020

You think Texans fans are starting to build a narrative that Watson can't win the big games yet?

RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - Nicomo Cosca - 01-04-2020

(01-04-2020, 08:21 PM)jason Wrote: Um... I said you're right. Try and keep up. Or you can quote the same post multiple times.

Again... He was drafted by a playoff team. In other words; he walked into a good situation. Kinda like the other QB in the playoffs from that draft.

You make a mistake, try and tell me I was wrong, I corrected you (I didn’t see Synric’s post when I replied to you) and you come back snarky? Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Point stands though. Allen is looking damn good, and that’s why Buffalo took him so early.

(01-04-2020, 08:23 PM)jason Wrote: You think Texans fans are starting to build a narrative that Watson can't win the big games yet?

He’s thrown the ball a grand total of 11 times through 3 quarters so far. This is on Houston’s coaching.

RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - bengalfan74 - 01-04-2020

(01-04-2020, 08:12 PM)jason Wrote: You're right... His number is 17... Haha.

Still; he was drafted by a playoff team.

Andy Dalton was drafted by a 4-12 team

(01-04-2020, 08:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Andy Dalton was drafted by a 4-12 team

We’ve already been through this. Fred even listed a bunch of rookie QB’s that came in and instantly had success on teams that were bad the previous year.

(01-04-2020, 08:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You make a mistake, try and tell me I was wrong, I corrected you (I didn’t see Synric’s post when I replied to you) and you come back snarky? Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Point stands though. Allen is looking damn good, and that’s why Buffalo took him so early.

When I replied to Syrnc I thought that was you. I admitted I was was wrong. This shit's not that important.

Watson is a bad, bad man.

(01-04-2020, 08:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watson is a bad, bad man.

Helluva play he made when he was nearly sacked there in OT.

(01-04-2020, 11:24 PM)jason Wrote: Helluva play he made when he was nearly sacked there in OT.

Yep. When your OL gives up 7 sacks you need a QB like that.

RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 01-04-2020

(01-04-2020, 11:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. When your OL gives up 7 sacks you need a QB like that.

You're blaming those sacks on the o-line and not on a QB that held onto the ball too long? OK.

RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - Nicomo Cosca - 01-05-2020

(01-04-2020, 11:56 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: You're blaming those sacks on the o-line and not on a QB that held onto the ball too long? OK.

Deshaun Watson was the MAIN reason Houston won the game.

20/25 with 247 Yds passing and a TD, another 55 yds on the ground and a rushing TD, 0 INT, and in the biggest moment, with the game on the line, he broke away from TWO Bills defenders and made a huge play. Andy “the statue” Dalton would have gone down as soon as the first guy got there.

Keep hating on all the other QB’s around the league to prop your boy up though lol

RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 01-05-2020

(01-05-2020, 12:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Deshaun Watson was the MAIN reason Houston won the game.
Yeah but that doesn't mean the sacks were the fault of the o-line. The defense in the 2nd half and the key turnovers had nothing to do with it, right? Allen getting the intentional grounding and then a sack on the next play took three points off of the board and John Brown with the IDIOTIC jump hop up in the air to catch a ball at shoulder heighth when it was 7-0 was a major break for Houston. He should have drug his feet. Instead of 10-0, it should have been 7-0 with 1st and goal on the three.
Quote:20/25 with 247 Yds passing and a TD, another 55 yds on the ground and a rushing TD, 0 INT, and in the biggest moment, with the game on the line, he broke away from TWO Bills defenders and made a huge play. 
I'm more of the belief that he should have been 20 for 30 or 31. I would give one sack against the o-line and 6 sacks on a QB trying to extend the play when he should have gotten rid of it.

His big play was two guys coming from different directions and the 2nd guy knocked him out of the arms of the first more than anything else, unless you think stand there and take the hits is a strategy he employs. If he didn't take so many sacks, they might not have had to make such a comeback.
Quote:Andy “the statue” Dalton would have gone down as soon as the first guy got there. 
Your obsession with Dalton is really quite sad. Dalton has stepped out of lots of sacks, you just don't allow yourself to acknowledge it.
Quote:Keep hating on all the other QB’s around the league to prop your boy up though lol
"Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes."
William Shatner - Airplane II
I'm not hating on Watson, every QB has flaws, I'm just laughing at how you blame Dalton's sacks on Dalton and Watson's sacks on the o-line.

Dalton took a career high 46 sacks his 2nd year and averages being sacked about twice per game. Watson took 62 sacks last year, 44 this year and averages almost 4 sacks a game for his career. I wouldn't be surprised if Watson is out of the league before Dalton.

(01-05-2020, 02:14 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yeah but that doesn't mean the sacks were the fault of the o-line. The defense in the 2nd half and the key turnovers had nothing to do with it, right? Allen getting the intentional grounding and then a sack on the next play took three points off of the board and John Brown with the IDIOTIC jump hop up in the air to catch a ball at shoulder heighth when it was 7-0 was a major break for Houston. He should have drug his feet. Instead of 10-0, it should have been 7-0 with 1st and goal on the three.
I'm more of the belief that he should have been 20 for 30 or 31. I would give one sack against the o-line and 6 sacks on a QB trying to extend the play when he should have gotten rid of it.

His big play was two guys coming from different directions and the 2nd guy knocked him out of the arms of the first more than anything else, unless you think stand there and take the hits is a strategy he employs. If he didn't take so many sacks, they might not have had to make such a comeback.
Your obsession with Dalton is really quite sad. Dalton has stepped out of lots of sacks, you just don't allow yourself to acknowledge it.
"Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes."
William Shatner - Airplane II
I'm not hating on Watson, every QB has flaws, I'm just laughing at how you blame Dalton's sacks on Dalton and Watson's sacks on the o-line.

Dalton took a career high 46 sacks his 2nd year and averages being sacked about twice per game. Watson took 62 sacks last year, 44 this year and averages almost 4 sacks a game for his career. I wouldn't be surprised if Watson is out of the league before Dalton.

So much mental gymnastics lol. The Bills got a ton of sacks because they’ve been doing that to EVERYONE this year. Their defense is straight up nasty.

Dalton avoids sacks? Gtfoh with that bs. Guy has been a straight up statue the past couple years. If anyone even gets near him the play is automatically over. And my “obsession with Dalton” is less pathetic than the blind devotion still shown to him by you and a very select few at this point. But you guys are the only ones that really get it, and the rest of us are just haters that know nothing right?

RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 01-05-2020

(01-05-2020, 02:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So much mental gymnastics lol. The Bills got a ton of sacks because they’ve been doing that to EVERYONE this year. Their defense is straight up nasty.
Ah, they are nasty . . . got it. Then why did you blame the o-line? To pump up one of the QBs you wanted the Bengals to draft instead of John Ross?

Quote:Dalton avoids sacks? Gtfoh with that bs. Guy has been a straight up statue the past couple years. If anyone even gets near him the play is automatically over. 
Really? Well, I guess that the o-line was way better the last two years than everybody else thought. You, sir, are a Jenius with a capital J.
Quote:And my “obsession with Dalton” is less pathetic than the blind devotion still shown to him by you and a very select few at this point. 
Blind devotion? I'm not sure that you know what that phrase means. Quit obsessing over him like a jilted ex girlfriend in every thread and maybe I won't feel the need to defend him to continue to rile you up.
Quote:But you guys are the only ones that really get it, and the rest of us are just haters that know nothing right?
No . . . only a very select few.

(01-05-2020, 02:41 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Ah, they are nasty . . . got it. Then why did you blame the o-line? To pump up one of the QBs you wanted the Bengals to draft instead of John Ross?

Really? Well, I guess that the o-line was way better the last two years than everybody else thought. You, sir, are a Jenius with a capital J.
Blind devotion? I'm not sure that you know what that phrase means. Quit obsessing over him like a jilted ex girlfriend in every thread and maybe I won't feel the need to defend him to continue to rile you up.
No . . . only a very select few.

Why do I blame the OL? Maybe because they gave up 7 ***** sacks?? Lmao

If your boy Andy made that play Watson did in a playoff game you and the other members of the Dalton Gang would have to change your shorts lol.

Anyway, keep responding and tell us more about how national champion, and NFL playoff game winner, Deshaun Watson sucks because he “takes too many sacks” and how quick draw Andy Dalton is the baddest QB around!

One of the guys who claimed QB’s like Watson, Mahomes, Jackson, etc, are not good has already disappeared. I’m sure you’ll also be MIA after Jackson or one of these new school guys wins the SB this year.

Word comprehension is not a strength with you, I see. everything is black or white with you, no middle ground or gray area. The other poster probably doesn't post because you're so ***** hopeless. Are you saying Watson, Mahomes and Jackson are flawless? Pointing out a flaw in an athlete doesn't mean that we think they're not good.

Good luck with your ongoing obsession with Dalton and your one star thread, kid.

My arms are getting tired from beating the shit out of you.

(01-05-2020, 03:43 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Word comprehension is not a strength with you, I see. everything is black or white with you, no middle ground or gray area. The other poster probably doesn't post because you're so ***** hopeless. Are you saying Watson, Mahomes and Jackson are flawless? Pointing out a flaw in an athlete doesn't mean that we think they're not good.

Good luck with your ongoing obsession with Dalton and your one star thread, kid.

My arms are getting tired from beating the shit out of you.

My one star thread that I got an absolute shit ton of rep points for starting lol

It’s cute you think you’re winning the fight though. Trying to blame a QB with a rating of 121.2 for getting sacked 7 times in one game instead of his OL is certainly an uphill battle.

RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - Hammerstripes - 01-05-2020

(01-02-2020, 01:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wouldn’t. We missed on getting Ragnow because of it, and we were forced to take another LT last year anyway.

Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't, but I make that trade every year.

We did it with Deltha O'Neal, but the front office was too stupid to draft Stephen Jackson or Vince Wilfork.

Again, we didn't miss out on Ragnow because we traded down.  We missed out because this team refuses to part with a mid-low round pick to move up a spot to insure they get the guy they want.

(01-05-2020, 12:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't, but I make that trade every year.

We did it with Deltha O'Neal, but the front office was too stupid to draft Stephen Jackson or Vince Wilfork.

Again, we didn't miss out on Ragnow because we traded down.  We missed out because this team refuses to part with a mid-low round pick to move up a spot to insure they get the guy they want.

Yet we moved up to go get Ryan Finley. Go figure...

RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - muskiesfan - 01-05-2020

While this doesn't really contribute to the thread, Deshaun Watson is a savage. Two Bills hit the shit out of him and he rolled away and made play when his team needed it. I'm a Dalton fan and will continue to be so after he's gone, but there's no way in hell he ever pulls something like that off. I'd love Watson to be our QB. That kid is only going to continue to get better and better.

I'm hoping that's something Burrow will be able to bring to the team. Dalton has had plenty of 4th Quarter game winning drives and has played the hero a few times. Every time we're in those situations, I can't lie and say I don't get nervous or worry about what mistake is about to happen. Guys like Watson just take over and get it done. You can see the confidence. You can see the determination. Hell, Josh Allen was pretty damn gritty yesterday as well. That's what I want our next franchise QB to have/to be.