Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bernard released - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bernard released (/Thread-Bernard-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Bernard released - wanga - 04-07-2021

Sad news, Gio was one of my favourite Bengals.

RE: Bernard released - BengalsRocker - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 02:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Good luck getting fans to buy in if you take a safety before taking OL.

I don't want to see  a safety or corner on their board until 4th round if...  at all!

3t/Edge players I'm fine with for D, but if they start grabbing DBs while leaving O-line/WR/TE I'm gonna be pissed.

RE: Bernard released - fredtoast - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 01:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:  We could've used the extra money from Geno and Gio to go harder after a guy like Golladay or an interior o-lineman.

We had the cap space to sign those guys without cutting Gio.

RE: Bernard released - psychdoctor - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 02:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Good luck getting fans to buy in if you take a safety before taking OL.

I see first 5 picks of draft something like:

1-Chase
2-Grant
3-Quinn Meinerz, Dickerson, or more likely, Brady Christensen (OT) which would move Reiff to guard.  
4-DE
5-IOL like Kendrick Green or Drake Jackson

I hope I am wrong on this.  But I could see this or something similar happening.  

RE: Bernard released - BengalsRocker - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 02:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I see first 5 picks of draft something like:

1-Chase
2-Grant
3-Quinn Meinerz, Dickerson, or more likely, Brady Christensen (OT) which would move Reiff to guard.  
4-DE

I hope I am wrong on this.  But I could see this or something similar happening.  

Man I hope you're wrong.

OT/C/G should be in the 2nd round if Sewell isn't taken.

That would be just sad AF.

RE: Bernard released - yang - 04-07-2021

How can so many Bengals fans hang out here and follow this team and not know that Gio was getting cut? I mean we pretty much knew this last year.

To me Gio was a draft mistake when we could have had Le'veon Bell the Steelers drafted a few picks later. We quikly realized he wasn't a bell cow and had to draft a RB early again. Nice guy, typical Bengal.

RE: Bernard released - Shake n Blake - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 02:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You forgot the quotes around pursued.

True. I was saying that having more money could've allowed us to "actually" pursue Golladay.

(04-07-2021, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We had the cap space to sign those guys without cutting Gio.

True, but Bengals. We always have less cap space than we actually have. Ninja

(04-07-2021, 11:05 AM)BurnsBengal Wrote:   I tend not to be an over-reactor,

You tend not to be a "reactor" at all.  You don't even wait for something to happen before you start whining about it.

(04-07-2021, 11:31 AM)BurnsBengal Wrote:  If they extend Hubbard and Bates I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, but I don't think that's happening.

(04-07-2021, 01:51 PM)BurnsBengal Wrote: Its all fun n' games until we take a RB in the 2nd round over OLine or a DE who has slipped....to replace Gio.

"We never thought we'd see Travis Etienne there at 38.  We had to take him."

Also

(04-07-2021, 11:31 AM)BurnsBengal Wrote: Sorry, I'm really not typically a negative fan. 

No.  You are worse.

RE: Bernard released - SadFaceBengal15 - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 02:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I see first 5 picks of draft something like:

1-Chase
2-Grant
4-DE

I would throw up

(04-07-2021, 02:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True. I was saying that having more money could've allowed us to "actually" pursue Golladay.

It would have been insane for the Bengals to pay Golladay more than  $72 million over 4 years.  That was possibly the worst contract given out in this years free agency.

RE: Bernard released - SadFaceBengal15 - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 02:44 PM)yang Wrote: How can so many Bengals fans hang out here and follow this team and not know that Gio was getting cut? I mean we pretty much knew this last year.

To me Gio was a draft mistake when we could have had Le'veon Bell the Steelers drafted a few picks later. We quikly realized he wasn't a bell cow and had to draft a RB early again. Nice guy, typical Bengal.

This is exactly right. I hated the gio pick and honestly he did t turn into much as an actual running back. As u stated he was quickly replaced the following year by a better back and all he’s known for us good pass pro and being a great locker room guy. A second round running back and that’s all u have to say lol way to go bengals way to go. Their idiots.

(04-07-2021, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It would have been insane for the Bengals to pay Golladay more than  $72 million over 4 years.  That was possibly the worst contract given out in this years free agency.

Fair. Tbh I forgot he got paid that amount. That said, we could've pursued someone else.

(04-07-2021, 12:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: People said the same thing after they cut Hart and Atkins. Have you heard of any contract extensions, yet?

As a long time Bengal fan I am aware that almost every big contract extension they have done over the past several years has been completed right before or during training camp.

(04-07-2021, 12:47 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: If a team consistently spends near the salary cap floor (89%) I believe, does the remaining 11% get kicked back to the league or what happens to the rest of the money?  I guess I don't get that part.

The Bengals roll it over to the next year.

BTW for the last few seasons the Bengals have been spending pretty close to the league salary cap.

RE: Bernard released - ochocincos - 04-07-2021

1-Chase
2-Grant
4-DE

In the scenario you have, I'd prefer taking IOL in Rd 2, safety in Rd 5 (or later) if they do decide to take a safety.

RE: Bernard released - psychdoctor - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 02:44 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Man I hope you're wrong.

OT/C/G should be in the 2nd round if Sewell isn't taken.

That would be just sad AF.

Get to know Brady Christensen.  

Also, although Hopkins is valued by some here, he has been injured and the Bengals may want to draft another Center/guard type.  Again, if an OT like Jenkins is there at 39 I would hope the Bengals take him, but if they sign another FA like Turner and move Reiff inside, they would pretty much have 4/5 new OL for 2021.  

RE: Bernard released - ochocincos - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 02:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair. Tbh I forgot he got paid that amount. That said, we could've pursued someone else.

They had plenty of other quality WRs they could have gone after.

Some that had connections to Taylor:
Watkins - signed a 1-year, $5 mill contract with BAL
Reynolds - signed a 1-year, $1.75 mill contract with TEN

Another guy I liked who was cheap - Chris Conley. 1 year, $1.25 mill with HOU.
Also John Brown, who signed a 1-year, $3.75 mill contract with the Raiders.

It was definitely feasible they could have made a big splash signing on Joe Thuney or Corey Linsley and also signed one of the above WRs.
That along with the signings they did make would have made most fans very optimistic going into the season.
But now, many of us are worried that they have to really nail this draft in hopes they might actually just get to a winning record.

RE: Bernard released - motoarch - 04-07-2021

I really like gio. Wish him the best wherever he goes.

He was a class act, always did his job and never caused a problem.

Of all the players a pats have taken to a SB from our team this is the guy I most want to have that oppertunity.

Good luck gio.

RE: Bernard released - GreenCornBengal - 04-07-2021

If blocking was the reason for keeping Gio... can we put Sewell back there instead? Ninja

He looked pretty speedy in those cone drills.

(04-07-2021, 02:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They had plenty of other quality WRs they could have gone after.

Some that had connections to Taylor:
Watkins - signed a 1-year, $5 mill contract with BAL
Reynolds - signed a 1-year, $1.75 mill contract with TEN

Another guy I liked who was cheap - Chris Conley. 1 year, $1.25 mill with HOU.
Also John Brown, who signed a 1-year, $3.75 mill contract with the Raiders.

It was definitely feasible they could have made a big splash signing on Joe Thuney or Corey Linsley and also signed one of the above WRs.
That along with the signings they did make would have made most fans very optimistic going into the season.
But now, many of us are worried that they have to really nail this draft in hopes they might actually just get to a winning record.

Conley is exactly the size/speed/production we need. Watkins also would've been a solid fit.

We probably would've had to offer more, but that's fine.