Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? (/Thread-Bengals-Now-Outside-Looking-In-for-Playoffs-Do-They-Make-It)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - PhilHos - 12-13-2021

I think we'll win 2 more games so it's a matter of is 9-8 enough to win the division or a wildcard spot.

It will be enough for the front office to bring Zac back with no changes to the coaching staff (though we need a playcaller and Simmons needs to go)

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - kalibengal - 12-13-2021

after watching this team implode the last 2 weeks ( and at home!) , I see another L in Denver and we can all start posting on our favorite topics, FAs and the Draft just like old times. ZT is dragging this team down with high school level prep, game decisions....its quite pathetic to say the least.
He is a big joke Im sure through out the league a side from Urban.....Id take Dan Campbell over ZT right now .

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - TheCincinnatiKid - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 12:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chargers have Chiefs, Texans, Broncos, and Raiders. I think they win 2-3 of those, ending at 10 or 11 wins.
Bills play Panthers, Pats, Falcons, Jets. I think they go 3-1, ending at 10-7.
Colts get to play the Jags, Raiders, Pats, and Cardinals. I think they go 2-2 in those, ending at 9-8.

So I also think that if the Bengals don't win 3 games, there's a decent chance they don't make the playoffs.
I think the only chance they have to make it with 9 wins is tiebreakers.

Yeah I had the Colts at 9-8 as well. Us and the Browns also at 9-8. I can't remember what the tiebreakers were but we were behind both teams on my predictor machine, so I figure even if it's just us and the Colts they'd beat us on whatever tiebreaker as well.

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - Tony - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 12:26 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's a bit of a circular firing squad, and they have some Ls coming to be sure.  The division will be there for the taking, but after last week and today it's difficult to be optimistic that we can take it.  

I'll say 1-3 over the last four to finish 8-9.  Still a better overall record than I imagined back around Labor Day.

The only way I see is 3-1...  No way they beat the Chiefs..

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - Tony - 12-13-2021

This poll is a good indicator how 90% of us feel, but the few here will tell us we are all wrong..

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - Awful Llama - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 05:17 PM)Tony Wrote: The only way I see is 3-1...  No way they beat the Chiefs..

It's a big ask, no doubt.  Maybe Chad can make another guarantee?

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - PhilHos - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 05:17 PM)Tony Wrote: The only way I see is 3-1...  No way they beat the Chiefs..

I bet we'll somehow beat the Chiefs but lose enough of the other games to miss the playoffs. Would fit the theme of the season perfectly.

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - ochocincos - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 05:15 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah I had the Colts at 9-8 as well. Us and the Browns also at 9-8. I can't remember what the tiebreakers were but we were behind both teams on my predictor machine, so I figure even if it's just us and the Colts they'd beat us on whatever tiebreaker as well.

If it's within the division, it's head-to-head, then division record, then common opponents, Conference record, and then a bunch that usually never come into play. See link below for more info.
https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - ochocincos - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 05:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think we'll win 2 more games so it's a matter of is 9-8 enough to win the division or a wildcard spot.

It will be enough for the front office to bring Zac back with no changes to the coaching staff (though we need a playcaller and Simmons needs to go)

Why do you say Simmons needs to go? Because Phillips fumbled?
It's not Simmons' fault that Phillips fumbled, but it is his fault that Phillips is the PR I guess.
To be fair though, Phillips only had 1 fumble prior to this year. It's not like he had a history of fumbling.

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - rfaulk34 - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 05:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's a big ask, no doubt.  Maybe Chad can make another guarantee?

You know how the Bengals work. The will lose the next 2, beat the Chiefs then play the Browns for the division...losing badly in Cleveland. 

(12-13-2021, 05:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why do you say Simmons needs to go? Because Phillips fumbled?
It's not Simmons' fault that Phillips fumbled, but it is his fault that Phillips is the PR I guess.
To be fair though, Phillips only had 1 fumble prior to this year. It's not like he had a history of fumbling.

I don't know if you've watched EVERY game this season, but outside of our kicker and punter, our special teams have AT BEST been mediocre and at times (like yesterday) were downright atrocious. 

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - Essex Johnson - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 02:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I meant that they are currently 9th in AFC seeding and only the Top 7 get in.

But again they control getting in especially in division which I laid out previous post

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - CincinnatiKid - 12-13-2021

Bengals either need to go 3-1 or 2-2 so long as those 2 wins are the Ravens and Browns

Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - bjf123 - 12-14-2021

(12-13-2021, 05:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think we'll win 2 more games so it's a matter of is 9-8 enough to win the division or a wildcard spot.

We can lose the rest and Zac comes back with no major changes to the coaching staff. He’s already won more games this year than in the previous two combined. That’s big progress in Mike Brown’s mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - Joelist - 12-14-2021

Zac should only be back if they get into the playoffs. And even then they need to hire an actual Offensive Coordinator with an NFL pedigree and Zac must give up the playcalling.

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - fredtoast - 12-14-2021

(12-14-2021, 12:54 AM)bjf123 Wrote: We can lose the rest and Zac comes back with no major changes to the coaching staff. 

No he can't.

It has been 30 years since a bengal coach returned after 3 straight losing seasons.  That is just not the way the Begals do things.

Also the fact that the front office has backed Zac with $150 million worth of free agents puts more pressure on him to win.  The more they spend the more they are going to expect results.

If we lose out that means we finish 2-8 with a lot of bad losses at home.  The seats will be empty and Taylor will be gone for sure.

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - Bengalfan4life27c - 12-14-2021

optimistic our schedule.
Pessimistic Zac Taylor
X factor Joe motha bleeping Burrow

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - ochocincos - 12-14-2021

(12-13-2021, 08:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: But again they control getting in especially in division which I laid out previous post

I know you did. You just said what you thought "on the outside looking in" meant, and I clarified my intent of that wording for you so that you were clear what was meant.

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - ochocincos - 12-14-2021

(12-14-2021, 12:57 AM)Joelist Wrote: Zac should only be back if they get into the playoffs. And even then they need to hire an actual Offensive Coordinator with an NFL pedigree and Zac must give up the playcalling.

Well, Joe Brady is available now.

RE: Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It? - Tomkat - 12-14-2021

(12-14-2021, 10:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No he can't.

It has been 30 years since a bengal coach returned after 3 straight losing seasons.  That is just not the way the Begals do things.

Also the fact that the front office has backed Zac with $150 million worth of free agents puts more pressure on him to win.  The more they spend the more they are going to expect results.

If we lose out that means we finish 2-8 with a lot of bad losses at home.  The seats will be empty and Taylor will be gone for sure.

I think you're going to be disappointed.  I might be wrong but, I think Zac's wins over the Steelers and Ravens have bought him some more time.