Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It (/Thread-We-may-not-even-win-our-division-next-season-So-Fix-It)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - George Cantstandya - 04-18-2022

We need to get over this obsession of what is going to happen or might happen with Watson and hoping he is suspended. The Bengals, if they are top 10 team, which I think they are, will compete against the best in the league. I think it is time for us as fans to stop being afraid of or worrying about other teams and their QBs. I get it, in years past this was always a concern.

Perhaps some recall the Bengals have one of the best QBs in the league right now who lead the league in completion percent last year 70.4%, was 6th in passing yards, 8th in TD passes, 3rd in TD%, 1st in yards per attempt, and his only down side being 14 INTs which was only one more than Mahomes and one less than Allen and Hebert.

Source:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/passing.htm

So I say bring it on and let the Bengals prove they belong with the top teams in the league. I think the team has earned it for us as fans to not worry about other teams no matter how daunting the schedule may be.

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - Nicomo Cosca - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 03:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: We need to get over this obsession of what is going to happen or might happen with Watson and hoping he is suspended. The Bengals, if they are top 10 team, which I think they are, will compete against the best in the league. I think it is time for us as fans to stop being afraid of or worrying about other teams and their QBs. I get it, in years past this was always a concern.

Perhaps some recall the Bengals have one of the best QBs in the league right now who lead the league in completion percent last year 70.4%, was 6th in passing yards, 8th in TD passes, 3rd in TD%, 1st in yards per attempt, and his only down side being 14 INTs which was only one more than Mahomes and one less than Allen and Hebert.

Source:

So I say bring it on and let the Bengals prove they belong with the top teams in the league. I think the team has earned it for us as fans to not worry about other teams no matter how daunting the schedule may be.

It’s not really about “being afraid” of Watson, or doubting the Bengals as a top team. It’s just looking at the path to get where we want to go (win the division & and back to the Super Bowl). I think they can beat anyone in the league, but that doesn’t mean the Browns won’t be a hurdle. More than they have ever been before. That team has literally never won the division. But with Watson they’re going to be right there.

Would Tom Brady have like 37 rings if he played all those years in a division with an MVP QB and another top guy like Watson? Maybe. But being the undisputed kings of their division for so long certainly made their path easier. Outside of the Revis Island Jets teams for a couple years the Pats literally had no competition within their own division.

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - WeezyBengal - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 12:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whatever was causing that they seemed to iron out in the 2nd halff

He stopped forcing balls. He was asked about this while his stellar second half was going on. He mentioned watching tape and acknowledging that he was forcing balls and trying to do too much. 

He has the ability to not throw INTs. This is a good thing. 

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - WeezyBengal - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 02:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Who is going to miss some time this year due to a suspension.

Says who? 

I'll believe it when I see it. 

(04-18-2022, 03:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: We need to get over this obsession of what is going to happen or might happen with Watson and hoping he is suspended.  The Bengals, if they are top 10 team, which I think they are, will compete against the best in the league.  I think it is time for us as fans to stop being afraid of or worrying about other teams and their QBs.  I get it, in years past this was always a concern.  

Source:

So I say bring it on and let the Bengals prove they belong with the top teams in the league.  I think the team has earned it for us as fans to not worry about other teams no matter how daunting the schedule may be.

No one is "afraid" or "worrying". We are just pointing out that the Browns and Ravens are going to be good teams this year and will compete for the division. 

This is a message board. It's a place to talk about the Bengals and other teams in the division. I guess it's fine to say "bring em on" but its more fun to actually get in the weeds and talk about why teams may or may not be better than others. 

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - XenoMorph - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 04:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He stopped forcing balls. He was asked about this while his stellar second half was going on. He mentioned watching tape and acknowledging that he was forcing balls and trying to do too much. 

He has the ability to not throw INTs. This is a good thing. 

I figured it was something like this. Or the cleaned up a communication issue on some routes.

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - Murdock2420 - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 04:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Says who? 

I'll believe it when I see it. 

All you have to do is look at the history.

Anytime a story is in the press this much the NFL steps in and does their 6 game or 8 game suspension thing to protect their image. Do they really care about the victims? That's another debate for another forum, but the recent history in the league tells you that Watson is going to miss time, even the Browns know it. It explains why they structured the contract in such a way to lure Watson there, saying you'll get all this money and we'll only put one million in year one so you lose next to nothing.

When guys get accussed of sexual assualt or domestic violence, the league tends to step in and just hit them with the personal conduct suspension or use the commissioner exempt list as was the case with Antonio Brown.

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - Nicomo Cosca - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 04:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I figured it was something like this. Or the cleaned up a communication issue on some routes.

And again - he clearly wasn’t 100% early on. He didn’t look right mobility-wise until around the bye. And that is such a huge part of his game. But when he can move around and give his WR’s an extra second or two to get open he doesn’t need to force it at that point.

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - KillerGoose - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 01:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:  I think Tobin needs to be replaced, or some scouts (replaced/added) cause there is no reason why we should be missing on so many OL/DL in the last 8-10 years. We are faaaaar below the NFL average hit/miss rate in those two positions.

Interesting. What is the NFL average hit/miss rate for those positions and where is Cincinnati at in relation? 

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - XenoMorph - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 04:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And again - he clearly wasn’t 100% early on. He didn’t look right mobility-wise until around the bye. And that is such a huge part of his game. But when he can move around and give his WR’s an extra second or two to get open he doesn’t need to force it at that point.

Yes Nicomo we are all aware he was hurt last year and still recovering as the season began

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - fredtoast - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 01:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Mine has never changed, i said all along that ZT needed at least 3 years to see what he can do, as the team he took over from ML was severely depleted of quality talent, due to players aging and the constant bombing in the draft.

Funny, but I said the exact same thing.  Too many injuries to fire Taylor after just his first two seasons.

(04-18-2022, 04:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yes Nicomo we are all aware he was hurt last year and still recovering as the season began

Sorry, but it just can’t really be overstated enough. Super Bowl run, PFF’s top rated QB, 2nd in passer rating to only Aaron Rodgers, 1st in completion %…

All coming off an absolutely horrendous injury, and a limited offseason. The difference we saw in his play from the start of the season to the 2nd half was remarkable.

So to bring things back on topic to this thread - yes this division got tougher, but this division has also never had to deal with Joe Burrow with a decent OL and a real offseason…

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - George Cantstandya - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 04:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: No one is "afraid" or "worrying". We are just pointing out that the Browns and Ravens are going to be good teams this year and will compete for the division. 

This is a message board. It's a place to talk about the Bengals and other teams in the division. I guess it's fine to say "bring em on" but its more fun to actually get in the weeds and talk about why teams may or may not be better than others. 

I don't know.  I see posts that seem to hope Watson is suspended which indicates some worry IMO.    And yes it is it is a message board and I'm talking about the same topics.   Wink

I agree if Watson plays this year the AFCN is going to be one of the toughest divisions in the NFL.  But my point is if the Bengals are a championship caliber team then they will easily compete with those teams.  

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - Mike M (the other one) - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 04:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Interesting. What is the NFL average hit/miss rate for those positions and where is Cincinnati at in relation? 

I posted it originally in the Jackson Carman thread Page 7, but here it is again.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-draft-measuring-positional-draft-success-every-nfl-team

You need a PFF subscription to view the whole thing, but the OL is on there. and we stink.

This one is geared towards more of what you are looking for.
Success rate of position by round.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/2/20/8072877/what-the-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - Essex Johnson - 04-18-2022

(04-15-2022, 04:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Which positional group on the Bengals has gotten worse this offseason?

I think you could say DT has gotten worse but not greatly for sure.. on the reverse outside of Oline what position has really improved ?   

I would say when you take injuries into account, if Ravens keep healthy next year and we have a 2 to 4 significant injuries , Ravens would be in the drivers seat like we were last year on the flipside of health and injuries

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - Joelist - 04-18-2022

Remember that Ogunjobi was out the entirety of the playoffs and we did fine at DT then. Plus we did the right thing and resigned Hill. And depending on the injury Og may be back too plus drafting. I also expect Spain back and likely we dip in the draft again on the interior OL.

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 06:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think you could say DT has gotten worse but not greatly for sure.. on the reverse outside of Oline what position has really improved ?   

I would say when you take injuries into account, if Ravens keep healthy next year and we have a 2 to 4 significant injuries , Ravens would be in the drivers seat like we were last year on the flipside of health and injuries

I think Hurst is an upgrade over Uzo, at least in the passing game as he is a crisper route runner. 

End should be better with Ossai, LB with ADG back, the young players improving etc.

(04-18-2022, 07:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember that Ogunboji was out the entirety of the playoffs and we did fine at DT then. Plus we did the right thing and resigned Hill.  And depending on the injury Og may be back too plus drafting. I also expect Spain back and likely we dip in the draft again on the interior OL.

All true Joelist. Ogunjobi might be back too as you say even if Zac's post made me think it might not happen. We will see.

Would like to bring back Spain, he was playing injured when he played poorly. Want as much competition as possible to push 
Carman and company.

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - grampahol - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 04:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny, but I said the exact same thing.  Too many injuries to fire Taylor after just his first two seasons.

Last season was Zac's head coaching rehabilitation tour.. Last to first and on to the superbowl seems to do wonders for a coach's rehab..even better than off season surgery..

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - Soonerpeace - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 04:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sorry, but it just can’t really be overstated enough. Super Bowl run, PFF’s top rated QB, 2nd in passer rating to only Aaron Rodgers, 1st in completion %…

All coming off an absolutely horrendous injury, and a limited offseason. The difference we saw in his play from the start of the season to the 2nd half was remarkable.

So to bring things back on topic to this thread - yes this division got tougher, but this division has also never had to deal with Joe Burrow with a decent OL and a real offseason…

I don’t think some realize that continuity ( Joe and his receivers & the defense with 11 starters from the end of the year back) and the staff’s continuity and lastly the coaches growth are all huge. The OL goes w/o saying but being able to run the ball is going to ignite this offense. Joe Mixon is going to go off like a hemi engine

RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 07:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t think some realize that continuity ( Joe and his receivers & the defense with 11 starters from the end of the year back) and the staff’s continuity and lastly the coaches growth are all huge. The OL goes w/o saying but being able to run the ball is going to ignite this offense. Joe Mixon is going to go off like a hemi engine

It is going to be fun being a Bengal fan this year if we stay somewhat healthy I have no doubt.

Both the passing game and running game should be so much better than last year. 

This in turn will help the Defense and keep them fresh.

The coaching as you say should also grow.