Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Transgender vets now have a VA clinic - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Transgender vets now have a VA clinic (/Thread-Transgender-vets-now-have-a-VA-clinic)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - Rotobeast - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 02:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If they are more concerned about a link instead of the story then that just means they have nothing to add.  It references a local news story with a link.  

Unfortunately teachers are hurt because they have to pretend when a kid comes in with changes on a whim.  

No idea why these parents would want to make their kid the center of drama when the kid says she is a girl not a boy.  

And costing a teacher her job over this is ridiculous.

For the life of me, I can never understand why anyone would push one way or the other about a SIX year olds sexual identity.
Let kids be kids.
Innocence only lasts so long.
Sad  

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - Rotobeast - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 02:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Also not sure where religion came into this....   The article says she is a christian writer but the video news story never mentions religion once.  

Sounds like she spoke up about wanting to notify the other parents.  Let them know so they could be prepared for any questions their kids might have.     Sounds like exactly what a school should be doing when something drastic happens.

I was likening it to when teachers were allowed to speak about God and afford inspirational advice.

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - StLucieBengal - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 02:27 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: For the life of me, I can never understand why anyone would push one way or the other about a SIX year olds sexual identity.
Let kids be kids.
Sad  

Agreed. Some are so insecure they want their kid to get attention even if it's negative attention .

Besides I already know what will happen when others read this thread .... Pat will call me a racist and report me,  breech will make fun of my family and blast me for never serving in the military, Dino will post a meme... Probably related to bush or trump, and djs will spam negative rep me and call me a Bigot, then matt will take the reasonable approach and try to convince me that a 6 year old can somehow know they are something they aren't.  

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - StLucieBengal - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 02:29 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I was likening it to when teachers were allowed to speak about God and afford inspirational advice.

Ah ok. Fair play.

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - bfine32 - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 02:29 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I was likening it to when teachers were allowed to speak about God and afford inspirational advice.

This brings up a change in culture that I has witnessed. When I was in school teachers were not allowed to talk about politics, yet could freely talk about their religion, now they are not allowed to talk about religion, yet can freely talk about their politics.

RE: Houston voters respond: bathroom usage by anatomy - Mike M (the other one) - 11-09-2015

(11-07-2015, 08:16 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Some men in the US wear kilts. I will concede that point. 

Obviously the rational line of thought is that we are going to see a lot of this and have to explain it to our sons and daughters

[Image: 5-11_TACTICAL_DUTY_KILT_EXMPL_1.jpg]

This doesn't meet any of the criteria that we are trying to use in our arguments. They are men, wearing men's clothing that is akin to their culture, similar to having to explain why some women wear Burka's. Neither one of these is trying to wear the items in order to gain access to the opposite sex's bath rooms, so it's really irrelevant to the topic.

(11-09-2015, 03:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This brings up a change in culture that I has witnessed. When I was in school teachers were not allowed to talk about politics, yet could freely talk about their religion, now they are not allowed to talk about religion, yet can freely talk about their politics.

You are absolutely right.
Total Flashback...
I now recall many of my teachers refusing to speak about politics, other than textbook American History.
They'd just grin when asked political questions.

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - magikod - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 02:27 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: For the life of me, I can never understand why anyone would push one way or the other about a SIX year olds sexual identity.
Let kids be kids.
Sad  

i agree

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - mallorian69 - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 03:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This brings up a change in culture that I has witnessed. When I was in school teachers were not allowed to talk about politics, yet could freely talk about their religion, now they are not allowed to talk about religion, yet can freely talk about their politics.

Only if their political views lean to the left.

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - SteelCitySouth - 11-09-2015

Wait.....This is a privately owned day care not a school.

Shouldn't the fired workers just move to a new town and shouldn't you not be making a big deal of this?

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - Belsnickel - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 04:15 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Only if their political views lean to the left.

Depends on where you go to school.

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - Belsnickel - 11-09-2015

Neither were things that could be talked about by teachers in my school. I remember one teacher being fired when I was in high school (excuse me, their contract was not renewed) for making comments about Bush during the primary season in 2004.

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employe Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 02:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.   Some are so insecure they want their kid to get attention even if it's negative attention .

Besides I already know what will happen when others read this thread .... Pat will call me a racist and report me,  breech will make fun of my family and blast me for never serving in the military, Dino will post a meme... Probably related to bush or trump, and djs will spam negative rep me and call me a Bigot, then matt will take the reasonable approach and try to convince me that a 6 year old can somehow know they are something they aren't.  

Show me one example of me making fun of your family. 

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - BmorePat87 - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 03:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: now they are not allowed to talk about religion, yet can freely talk about their politics.

(11-09-2015, 03:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You are absolutely right.
Total Flashback...
I now recall many of my teachers refusing to speak about politics, other than textbook American History.
They'd just grin when asked political questions.

Ummm...

As a teacher, particularly one who teaches government, this is false. I routinely play the devil's advocate and never reveal my political leanings. The only time I ever did was on the last day of school. This one kid was a huge Ron Paul fan and I gave him this Ron Paul sign I got when I was campaigning for him in 2012. I was moving schools so I wasn't concerned. 

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - BmorePat87 - 11-09-2015

The interesting thing about stories like these is that you're basically just listening to the fired employee and only the fired employee. The employer cannot comment since it involves a child and the parents aren't going to put their business on the news.

Obviously the OP supports this, given past stances on the rights of employers, and would suggest that this woman move to another state if hers doesn't have any laws preventing her termination.

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - RoyleRedlegs - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 06:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The interesting thing about stories like these is that you're basically just listening to the fired employee and only the fired employee. The employer cannot comment since it involves a child and the parents aren't going to put their business on the news.

Obviously the OP supports this, given past stances on the rights of employers, and would suggest that this woman move to another state if hers doesn't have any laws preventing her termination.

Same conundrum with the clock story. School couldn't clarify what exactly went down because it involved a minor and the parents weren't giving them consent. 

Welcome to a clusterfuck  Cool

(11-09-2015, 06:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Welcome to a clusterfuck  Cool

That should be the welcome message to this subforum.

RE: Houston voters respond: bathroom usage by anatomy - BmorePat87 - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 03:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: This doesn't meet any of the criteria that we are trying to use in our arguments. They are men, wearing men's clothing that is akin to their culture, similar to having to explain why some women wear Burka's. Neither one of these is trying to wear the items in order to gain access to the opposite sex's bath rooms, so it's really irrelevant to the topic.

It was a response to bfine suggesting we'd see trans women in lingerie out in public because he has seen people wearing clothes that were close to lingerie in public. 

I have seen a man wear a kilt once that wasn't at a heritage celebration. he was walking around Ikea. I wouldn't even begin to pretend like it's likely that I will often see this. I actually haven't seen anyone wear lingerie in public, but I conceded this to bfine just so I would point out the ridiculousness of the argument. 

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - fredtoast - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 02:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No idea why these parents would want to make their kid the center of drama when the kid says she is a girl not a boy.  

"One day she wanted to be a girl, and then the next day she wanted to be a boy,"

(11-09-2015, 06:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ummm...

As a teacher, particularly one who teaches government, this is false. I routinely play the devil's advocate and never reveal my political leanings. The only time I ever did was on the last day of school. This one kid was a huge Ron Paul fan and I gave him this Ron Paul sign I got when I was campaigning for him in 2012. I was moving schools so I wasn't concerned. 

You were in school with me ?
What name did you go by ?
I never knew.
Shocked

My agreeing with bfine was completely based on my experiences.

Now....judging from your comment, I understand it doesn't line up with your experiences.
I would have much rather had a teacher like you that might challenge me.