Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party (/Thread-Tulsi-Gabbard-I%E2%80%99m-leaving-the-Democratic-Party)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Dill - 10-23-2022

(10-23-2022, 05:02 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Normally, I shy away from political topics. Last week at the homecoming parade, I was dismayed by the number of political floats there were and it was all Democrats. A woman tried to give me a flyer for some Dem congressperson running in Illinois, but I purposely shook my head and gave a look like she was trying to hand me poop on a stick.

What made them "political"? 

Did they have abortion themes and/or signs like "vote Democrat"? 

RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Dill - 10-23-2022

(10-22-2022, 08:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: To be fair, Bel, comparing people to Hitler has rather become a fashionable position within the past six or so years.  I've made my extreme distaste for such declarations known in the past, multiple times, and continue to do so.  But certain people here seem to think such comparisons are not only warranted but necessary.  I'm sure those same people will have zero issues with this comparison as well.

I'm not so sure, since we have no idea who "certain people" are and what their warrant was.

I think such comparisons have been "fashionable" since the 1940s.

But I can't recall anyone making such comparisons in this forum. Course I haven't followed every thread. 

RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - WiregrassBenGal - 10-24-2022

(10-23-2022, 08:14 PM)Dill Wrote: What made them "political"? 

Did they have abortion themes and/or signs like "vote Democrat"? 

Hi. There were three separate floats with a congressperson or senator with blue and Democrat on them, plus the float where the lady was handing out flyers had a "vote democrat" theme on them. Also, Carbondale has become an abortion mecca because nearby states KY, TN, and MO have tightened their laws. There is a new business called "Choices" that has a steady stream of protesters out front. I personally benefit from being in blue Illinois in many ways, but it still dismayed me to see this stuff at the homecoming parade.

RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - SunsetBengal - 10-24-2022

(10-21-2022, 04:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Anyway...back to Gabbard the Grifter:

And you only have issue with this now, because she no longer posts a beloved "D" next to her name?

RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Dill - 10-24-2022

(10-24-2022, 07:18 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Hi. There were three separate floats with a congressperson or senator with blue and Democrat on them, plus the float where the lady was handing out flyers had a "vote democrat" theme on them. Also, Carbondale has become an abortion mecca because nearby states KY, TN, and MO have tightened their laws. There is a new business called "Choices" that has a steady stream of protesters out front. I personally benefit from being in blue Illinois in many ways, but it still dismayed me to see this stuff at the homecoming parade.

I wouldn't have a problem with a senator or congressman on a float, if there were no overt messages like "I'm Dem/GOP vote for me and my party." 

No problem with handing flyers out AT a parade, but I don't like the idea of people handing them out FROM a float during
a HS homecoming parade or using a float for party specific messages. 

Perhaps the abortion issue pushed desperate people over these civic boundaries.

RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Belsnickel - 10-24-2022

(10-24-2022, 10:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And you only have issue with this now, because she no longer posts a beloved "D" next to her name?

Actually, most Democrats I know have been speaking out against Gabbard for quite a while. It was during the 2020 primaries that many people learned about her positions on some things because she became more known to the average voter. It was at that time that she started to be ostracized because of her anti-LGBTQ stances.

RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - GMDino - 10-24-2022

(10-24-2022, 10:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And you only have issue with this now, because she no longer posts a beloved "D" next to her name?

No.  I've always had a problem with anyone who speaks like this.

RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - SunsetBengal - 10-24-2022

(10-24-2022, 11:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: No.  I've always had a problem with anyone who speaks like this.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.  I just couldn't recall you ever dumping on her, prior to her announcement of leaving the party.

RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Nately120 - 10-24-2022

(10-24-2022, 12:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, thanks for clearing that up.  I just couldn't recall you ever dumping on her, prior to her announcement of leaving the party.

I get the sense that everyone around here who votes and/or leans left is overall unhappy with the vast majority of the D side of the coin.  It's hard to accuse a party of being all about the political affiliation when they simultaneously dread the notion that any democrat other than Obama could lose a race against a ham sandwich that has been christened a republican. 

RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - GMDino - 10-24-2022

(10-24-2022, 12:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, thanks for clearing that up.  I just couldn't recall you ever dumping on her, prior to her announcement of leaving the party.

I really never thought about her much at all.

In 2016 Clinton suggested someone was a Russian asset and Gabbard sued her...then dropped it.

Other than that I don't remember too much of her in the public eye except when people would say she'd be a good VP candidate for a republican running.

But since she's back in the limelight, and the event I linked was fairly recent, it seems a fair criticism.

(10-24-2022, 12:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get the sense that everyone around here who votes and/or leans left is overall unhappy with the vast majority of the D side of the coin.  It's hard to accuse a party of being all about the political affiliation when they simultaneously dread the notion that any democrat other than Obama could lose a race against a ham sandwich that has been christened a republican. 

I see the idea that the criticism is just because she is no longer a Democrat is nothing more than projection. Gabbard has been on the outs with the party a few years, now.

(10-24-2022, 03:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I see the idea that the criticism is just because she is no longer a Democrat is nothing more than projection. Gabbard has been on the outs with the party a few years, now.

I will say I've heard the term "RINO" get thrown around with derision for a long time, but I haven't heard anyone accuse someone of being a DINO.

RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-24-2022

(10-24-2022, 04:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I will say I've heard the term "RINO" get thrown around with derision for a long time, but I haven't heard anyone accuse someone of being a DINO.

The traditional term would be a "blue dog democrat", for a Dem who leans right or the equivalent of a RINO.  Although I haven't heard the term outside of describing Manchin in years.

(10-24-2022, 04:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The traditional term would be a "blue dog democrat", for a Dem who leans right or the equivalent of a RINO.  Although I haven't heard the term outside of describing Manchin in years.

Ok fair enough, and I've heard that before.  I'm just not sure if it is said with the same sort of insulting tone as calling someone a RINO is.  It's said in a matter where it's like "These people pretend to be on our side, but they aren't" sort of thing, but the GOP seems to be a bit more united on the tribalism these days.

Just to show how far things have come, the first time I heard the term RINO was prior to the 2008 election where I was having a bit of an argument/debate with my gf at the time and she wanted Sarah Palin in the white house by any means necessary and I wanted Rudy Giuliani to be president.  It was at that point when I was told he was just a RINO.  

It was framed in a manner where I was acting like I was being reasonable by pointing out that I also supported a republican, but I really wasn't because....RINO.  Oh, them old days.

RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-24-2022

(10-24-2022, 04:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok fair enough, and I've heard that before.  I'm just not sure if it is said with the same sort of insulting tone as calling someone a RINO is.  It's said in a matter where it's like "These people pretend to be on our side, but they aren't" sort of thing, but the GOP seems to be a bit more united on the tribalism these days.

Just to show how far things have come, the first time I heard the term RINO was prior to the 2008 election where I was having a bit of an argument/debate with my gf at the time and she wanted Sarah Palin in the white house by any means necessary and I wanted Rudy Giuliani to be president.  It was at that point when I was told he was just a RINO.  

It was framed in a manner where I was acting like I was being reasonable by pointing out that I also supported a republican, but I really wasn't because....RINO.  Oh, them old days.

My memory may be failing me here, but I recall McCain being called a RINO in the '00 primary.  It was certainly used prior to that as well.

(10-24-2022, 04:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My memory may be failing me here, but I recall McCain being called a RINO in the '00 primary.  It was certainly used prior to that as well.

Makes sense, as I can recall some of my liberal friends seeing a Gore/McCain 2000 election as an ideal matchup, regardless of outcome.  

(10-24-2022, 04:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok fair enough, and I've heard that before.  I'm just not sure if it is said with the same sort of insulting tone as calling someone a RINO is.  It's said in a matter where it's like "These people pretend to be on our side, but they aren't" sort of thing, but the GOP seems to be a bit more united on the tribalism these days.

It's so interesting to me because the GOP now is nothing like the GOP of the Reagan era. Trump really caused the party to move on a lot of positions that were hallmarks of Republican ideology for a long time. Palin was a harbinger of that shift.

(10-24-2022, 08:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's so interesting to me because the GOP now is nothing like the GOP of the Reagan era. Trump really caused the party to move on a lot of positions that were hallmarks of Republican ideology for a long time. Palin was a harbinger of that shift.

It's interesting too since I came across that ex prior to the 2016 election and she told me the Trump stuff turned her libertarian.  Times change and all that, but it is interesting to see someone who thought Palin was the next Reagan flee the GOP because of Trump.

She was one of those college educated republican types, though.  Then again I'm telling a story where I'm fanboying over Rudy Giuliani so things change, and as Rick Wright once sang....stay behind or follow me. 

I will say the current GOP is similar to the Reagan era where they took a divorced former celebrity and democrat who hailed from a state that could be seen as a liberal hellhole and gave him the mantle of "most conservative and Christian person on earth" and ignored certain policies that didn't fly with their agenda because "Winning."

(10-24-2022, 08:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I will say the current GOP is similar to the Reagan era where they took a divorced former celebrity and democrat who hailed from a state that could be seen as a liberal hellhole and gave him the mantle of "most conservative and Christian person on earth" and ignored certain policies that didn't fly with their agenda because "Winning."

That is certainly something to ponder. They get a charismatic figure that rallies the masses and it shifts their platform. Kind of speaks to the idea that they are more concerned about the power than the actual policy.

RE: Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party - BengalYankee - 10-25-2022

[Image: d01ed1e167044027938c53d5a03e2017-DEM2016...imized.jpg]

[Image: web1_AP18346006061568.jpg]
[Image: Tulsi-Gabbard-and-Bernie-Sanders.jpg]

[Image: TulsiGabbard.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: OBOS_our-bodies-our-sports-rally-Tulsi-G...podium.png]