Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Damar Hamlin - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Damar Hamlin (/Thread-Damar-Hamlin)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Damar Hamlin - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 08:54 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well the good news is they stabilized his vitals, but I’m worried because they have made absolutely no announcements whatever which leaves me concerned that he could have severe impairment brain wise I reckon from the potential lack of oxygen or blood to the brain while they were working to getting his heart back to going. It only takes a short amount of time to cause major issues in those sort of situations.

I just feel like the lack of news thusfar is extremely concerning to me, but idk how long or how much they’d have to look at or wait to know the full extent of the what’s going on.

Someone can be given CPR for 5 hours and still not be brain dead: CPR allows oxygen to keep flowing to the brain, so he won't be brain dead. You typically have... IIRC from my CPR training, 10 minutes before brain function starts to get cut off due to lack of oxygen.

The issue is will he be able to breathe on his own? Will his heart be able to function correctly? "Getting the arrythmia out," is like getting the right timing on a car's engine, but unlike the car engine (where you have to fix it yourself), your body and heart need to correct the arrythmia on its own.

And that may never happen. Hoping it does though.

(01-03-2023, 10:02 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: This never happened before the NFL mandated the Covid vaccine.

(01-03-2023, 10:16 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Big difference between a government collapsing and injecting an experimental MRNA vaccine into everyone’s veins.

(raises middle finger)

RE: Damar Hamlin - Sled21 - 01-03-2023

My understanding from what I read was his heart rhythm was restored by the AED on the field. Now it's just making sure it stays in rhythm.

RE: Damar Hamlin - packerbacker - 01-03-2023

Praying hard for Hamlin.

RE: Damar Hamlin - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 08:50 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I couldnt sleep a wink last night.  Today is gonna be a brutal day at work but i know thats nothing compared to what this young man and his family and team are going through.  I was fearing the worst when I finally did check the news again this morning.

Same, I was up until 2:30, alarm went off at 6:00. It was just surreal, and I couldn't stop thinking about him and his mom being there to see it. The only good in it is that at least she was there to be taken to him quickly and not trying to figure out how to get to his side. I'm sure hoping for some good news today. 

(01-03-2023, 09:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I really do not expect him to have brain damage. He got medical treatment almost immediately... far faster than someone having a heart attack at home and waiting on an ambulance. They slapped an AED on him almost immediately and started CPR.  I'm praying for good news today. As far as no news, it's the middle of the night, it's up to the family what gets released, and I'm sure family members are still making their way to Cincy. Lack of a news conference on his condition is not surprising. 

Yes, not only the family, but there is obviously a lot of legal issues with them, the team, the league, and the hospital. Remember, Ja'Marr Chase had stuff get leaked in Cincy about his hip that wasn't true. I'd say UC is playing this EXTREMELY close to the cuff.

(01-03-2023, 09:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Part of me wonders if this will change the nfl. Like we know about cte and the other injuries.

For me, this is possibly scarier because it wasn't some huge collision.

I wonder if we'll see guys decide its not worth it and retire.

One thing I didn't notice until the local news affiliate pointed it out after the ESPN coverage went off, is that he landed chest first on Higgins' helmet. That also could potentially have caused commotio cordis.

(01-03-2023, 11:16 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: One thing I didn't notice until the local news affiliate pointed it out after the ESPN coverage went off, is that he landed chest first on Higgins' helmet. That also could potentially have caused commotio cordis.

I couldn’t sleep last night either over this.

RE: Damar Hamlin - Tomkat - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 11:21 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I couldn’t sleep last night either over this.

I took a pill to help me sleep, that's all I'm saying.

(01-03-2023, 11:23 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I took a pill to help me sleep, that's all I'm saying.

Man I hope he will be fine.

(01-03-2023, 11:21 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I couldn’t sleep last night either over this.

Me either man, and I'm still worried sick about him.

RE: Damar Hamlin - Tomkat - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 10:02 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: This never happened before the NFL mandated the Covid vaccine.

Dude, baseball players have DIED from getting hit in the chest with the ball.
This happened due to high-force impact, nothing more.

(01-03-2023, 11:28 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Me either man, and I'm still worried sick about him.

Praying he makes it and has a healthy life after this. I’m worried about his health going forward.

(01-03-2023, 11:30 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Dude, baseball players have DIED from getting hit in the chest with the ball.
This happened due to high-force impact, nothing more.

Yes, blunt force trauma to the chest at exactly the right time in the heartbeat. One positive outlook is that survival rate has improved over 20% with immediate medical attention.

(01-03-2023, 11:33 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Praying he makes it and has a healthy life after this. I’m worried about his health going forward.

I'm actually pretty optimistic. Unless he's really in worse shape than we know, he's in a Level 1 trauma center in Coronary Care. His immediate care on the field will be the difference. 

(01-03-2023, 11:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm actually pretty optimistic. Unless he's really in worse shape than we know, he's in a Level 1 trauma center in Coronary Care. His immediate care on the field will be the difference. 

I hope he will be fine. Not much updates checking the news now.

RE: Damar Hamlin - XenoMorph - 01-03-2023

Damar Hamlin... has a charity fundraiser if anyone wants to contribute

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive

RE: Damar Hamlin - WhoDeyK - 01-03-2023

Praying for Hamlin and his family. I also hope the players and coaches for both the Bills and Bengals are receiving the help they need. Witnessing something like that is life changing.

RE: Damar Hamlin - Earendil - 01-03-2023

The only reason I slept last night was because I usually have to take something to sleep anyway. I ended up taking two.

RE: Damar Hamlin - Sensei - 01-03-2023

Praying for him and his family and friends. Thankfully UC is a great hospital.  Praying he recovers and has a wonderful life.

(01-03-2023, 12:25 PM)Earendil Wrote: The only reason I slept last night was because I usually have to take something to sleep anyway. I ended up taking two.

It bothered my wife as well. This is how I know a career in Law Enforcement jaded me. I slept like a baby. She even mentioned I sounded cold hearted when talking about calling off the game, but I reminded her I've had so many people die right in front of me, some holding my hand begging not to die, watching someone get hurt on tv didn't really register much emotion. I'm truly sorry it happened and pray he's ok, I just did not get emotional over it.