Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - NotBigzo - 07-27-2023

Dave Lapam on the radio riight now.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - bfine32 - 07-27-2023

2 hopes;

JB will bfine and miss 0 games

The FO asks themselves is Trevor Seimian the best we can do at QB2.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Brownshoe - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 06:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: 6 to 8 weeks. First month of season in question.

Per James R.

I don't see James saying that. Care to link where? I've been looking and I can't find it.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Housh - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 07:31 PM)Nepa Wrote: You got to be kidding me. 6 to 8 weeks????

Yeah but you’ve gotta be insane if you think he’s missing even one game

Hell wrap it up, get treatment and he’s playing. If Mahommes played on what he had and Burrow didn’t play on this he’d look bad

Joe Burrow carted off - The D.O.Z. - 07-27-2023

Ugh. What a nad-punch this news is. And it’s all the local news is reporting. Over and over and over.

Now its all we’re going to hear about and speculate on until we hear otherwise. Hasn’t this man and this fanbase been through enough already?!

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Housh - 07-27-2023

Isn’t this what Hubbard dealt with the last part of the year?

Feel like calf, hammy and back issues never go away

Wish this shit would’ve happened last month

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nepa - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 08:08 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: If it’s a grade 2 (which it probably is) he will almost certainly be back for the season opener. 

Did James R get that timeline from the doctors? If not, don’t sweat it y’all. I would wait to get an official word from team docs. 

The main issue is that even when it’s “healed” it’s still going to bug him for most of the season. To what extent it lingers, none of us really know. 

The first game is 46 days out, which would be 6 1/2 weeks. So, I guess if its 4-6 weeks, he could be on the field for the first game, although it will be tight. But if its 6 to 8 weeks, as some speculate, we probably won't see him for the first game or two.  We may be watching him at yet another training camp riding around on the scooter.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Au165 - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 08:11 PM)Housh Wrote: Yeah but you’ve gotta be insane if you think he’s missing even one game

Hell wrap it up, get treatment and he’s playing. If Mahommes played on what he had and Burrow didn’t play on this he’d look bad

Mahomes had two games to play then months to recover. This injury can be made worse by rushing it back. No clue to know how long he will miss, or should, but trying to be tough and rushing it is selfish and not the best course for the long term success of the season.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - LSUfaninTN - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 08:11 PM)Housh Wrote: Yeah but you’ve gotta be insane if you think he’s missing even one game

This. For better or for worse… unless he gets run over by a car Burrow is playing game 1. 

Found an article about this injury as it pertains to professional athletes. Seems like journalists are just googling stuff, we gotta remember, google isn’t talking about NFL players when they say 8 weeks is possible. Here you go: 

“It is very difficult to predict how long it takes for a strained calf muscle to heal completely. This is often affected by the extent of the injury.

A study on professional football players showed an average time away from sport to be 13 days. In about 90 % of cases, the athlete is back in full training within 28 days.”

LINK (can’t find the link button): https://fittoplay.org/body-parts/lower-leg/strained-calf-muscle/#:~:text=It%20is%20very%20difficult%20to,full%20training%20within%2028%20days.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - LSUfaninTN - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 08:17 PM)Nepa Wrote: The first game is 46 days out, which would be  6 1/2 weeks. So, I guess if its 4-6 weeks, he could be on the field for the first game, although it will be tight. But if its 6 to 8 weeks, as some speculate, we probably won't see him for the first game or two.  We may be watching him at yet another training camp riding around on the scooter.

Yeah. Check the link I posted. 90% of the time in the NFL they’re back on the field in 28 days. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Bengalion - 07-27-2023

One month plus some days should be enough to heal this.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nepa - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 08:22 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Yeah. Check the link I posted. 90% of the time in the NFL they’re back on the field in 28 days. 

Oh, I had read it alright. But that link doesn't discuss the average in terms of level 1, 2 or 3. And if one reads the linked content, the part you didn't post would alarm a glass-half-full person: "Recovery from the most severe injuries can take up to several months. There is a high risk of re-injury following this injury."

Anyway, I'm hoping a grade 1 -- or grade 2 at worst.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nicomo Cosca - 07-27-2023

Unbelievable. 4 years in and dude just can’t get a normal training camp/preseason.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Gdale_Bengal - 07-27-2023

God ***** dammit

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - samhain - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 08:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2 hopes;

JB will bfine and miss 0 games

The FO asks themselves is Trevor Seimian the best we can do at QB2.

Yep.  Time to hit the waiver wire.  I hope and even kind of believe that he'll be back for week 1, but we can't put the first 2-4 games in the hands of someone the caliber of TS.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Destro - 07-27-2023

Man had his knee shredded and an appendix removed and still is one of the best QBs to play.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 06:47 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Would it be known by now? 

Jalen Ramsey got hurt the same day but I haven't heard jack squat.

Yes. The trainer was right there almost immediately afterwards. They carted him off right away. If he tore the Achilles the trainers most likely can palpate that. Unless there is significant swelling. It’s unlikely swelling significant enough to interfere with palpation would develop in the time it took to drive him from the field to the trainer’s room. If it was torn he would most likely be unable to stand on his tip toes on just the affected leg. Have him lie supine, flex his knee to 90 degrees, squeeze his calf muscle. If the Achilles is intact his his foot will plantarflex. If the Achilles is torn his foot won’t move.

Bedside ultrasound can be used if there is significant swelling or if in doubt. MRI is used to confirm.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - NotBigzo - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 08:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yes. The trainer was right there almost immediately afterwards. They carted him off right away. If he tore the Achilles the trainers most likely can palpate that. Unless there is significant swelling. It’s unlikely swelling significant enough to interfere with palpation would develop in the time it took to drive him from the field to the trainer’s room. If it was torn he would most likely be unable to stand on his tip toes on just the affected leg. Have him lie supine, flex his knee to 90 degrees, squeeze his calf muscle. If the Achilles is intact his his foot will plantarflex. If the Achilles is torn his foot won’t move.

Bedside ultrasound can be used if there is significant swelling or if in doubt. MRI is used to confirm.

To add context to this Ramsey suffered a torn meniscus.

(07-27-2023, 06:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: It’s not an Achilles

If you hold every player out of practice for soreness you won’t have anyone to practice.

(07-27-2023, 06:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-avoid-disaster-joe-burrow-expected-to-miss-time-calf-injury

Now would be the time for some of that insider knowledge instead of Googling SI or tips on trades that never happened. Just sayin’.