Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! (/Thread-CONTRACT-FINALIZED)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - bfine32 - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 10:46 PM)basballguy Wrote: For Herbert, up to 218 can be guaranteed...according to my 5 seconds of googling

Yeah that's why "the at signing" guarantee means more than total guarantee. 

Be curious to see were JB's comes in at signing. 

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-07-2023

Dear Mike Brown: This TOTALLY absolves you from the Akili Smith mess!

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - mhbsavant - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 09:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Deal was done all day…waited to announce it the minute Mahomes steps on the field.

Checkmate

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - BrownAssClown - 09-07-2023

Good job by the front office. They have given Burrow the contract he deserves. They respected and are paying the man. Does that mean a Tee Higgins deal is unrealistic now? Possibly. It may still be in the hands of Joe Burrow. If Burrow wants to "Keep the band together" he could do what Tom Brady did in New England and restructure the deal down the line. If I remember correctly, Brady left like $60 million on the table with the Patriots so they could remain competitive. Could Joe Burrow do the same? I don't know? It could come down to what's more important to Joey. Money or winning. I think things worked out well for Tom Brady, he is still wealthy and has all those nice, shiny rings.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Rubekahn29 - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTS: No one can spin this as "team-friendly" by JB. As I've always said it shouldn't be. It's a business

Anything keeping the 2nd best QB in the league and likely the best QB cincy has ever had on the team for essentially the rest of the decade is team friendly in my book. But I get what you mean.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Synric - 09-07-2023

Very happy this deal got done now I get to log out of Twitter until January. Get to save the little sanity I have left.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 10:47 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: That is not how you figure contracts. If it was you could say the same about other contracts like Herbert's It's not a 7 year contract.

That was my point. You don’t average a one year of a rookie contract, a 5th year option, and an extension to lower the annual average of the extension.

That’s averaging three different contracts to make the most expensive one seem less expensive.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - casear2727 - 09-07-2023

I dont blame Joe for getting all he could but......

spare me the BS of working a deal that keeps other stars. Unlike Mahomes who took a 10 year deal which provides a ton of flexibility, or Brady who simply took less, Joe simply followed suit with Herbert, Lamar, Hurts, ect... nothing special about those guys compared to Brady and Mahomes.

It was a looong shot but I really thought Joe might have do something close to Mahomes deal with a couple less years. Glad we have Joe for 7 years, the negative impact will likely be felt next season.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - phil413 - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 11:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Very happy this deal got done now I get to log out of Twitter until January. Get to save the little sanity I have left.

Yep, sweated that out but the spiteful timing of the announcement was welcomed.  

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Bengalbug - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 11:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont blame Joe for getting all he could but......

spare me the BS of working a deal that keeps other stars. Unlike Mahomes who took a 10 year deal which provides a ton of flexibility, or Brady who simply took less, Joe simply followed suit with Herbert, Lamar, Hurts, ect... nothing special about those guys compared to Brady and Mahomes.

It was a looong shot but I really thought Joe might have do something close to Mahomes deal with a couple less years. Glad we have Joe for 7 years, the negative impact will likely be felt next season.

I’m thinking 2 years..

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - TheFan - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 10:59 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Anything keeping the 2nd best QB in the league and likely the best QB cincy has ever had on the team for essentially the rest of the decade is team friendly in my book. But I get what you mean.

How many good QBs have ever not signed a 2nd contract with the team that drafted them? I genuinely can't even think of the last time. Drew Brees? I don't understand why people keep acting like its some miracle he did an extension with us. In Burrows life we've been an average to above average franchise. 

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - casear2727 - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 10:19 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Some others have mentioned this, and I looked into it to verify, but there isn’t seven years. With this extension, Burrow’s fifth year option is voided. This deal kicks in next season.

(09-07-2023, 11:02 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Can you provide a link or source for your information.  I’ve tried and cannot find anything that says the fifth year option is voided. Would not make sense as the fifth year option paying Burrow $29 mil is/was fully guaranteed.

I have never heard of voiding a 5th year option. It may be able to be renegotiated, maybe? But voided? Definitely requesting the link of the validation.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - bfine32 - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 11:06 PM)TheFan Wrote: How many good QBs have ever not signed a 2nd contract with the team that drafted them? I genuinely can't even think of the last time. Drew Brees? I don't understand why people keep acting like its some miracle he did an extension with us. In Burrows life we've been an average to above average franchise. 

Kirk Cousins

(09-07-2023, 11:06 PM)TheFan Wrote: How many good QBs have ever not signed a 2nd contract with the team that drafted them? I genuinely can't even think of the last time. Drew Brees? I don't understand why people keep acting like its some miracle he did an extension with us. In Burrows life we've been an average to above average franchise. 

Doesn’t negate the point.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-07-2023

Favre
Eli Manning
Elway
Steve Young

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - LSUfaninTN - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 10:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thankfully he didn’t force his way out of town like you wanted him to do.

Give it a rest, dude. You’re like a little girl. No one wanted him to go to Cincinnati because of history repeating itself. Protect the guy and no one will have issues, but it was looking like the Bengals were going to ruin a brilliant QB, like what’s happened in the past. It almost did happen and you know it. That’s the reputation, and I hate to break it to you, but it’s deserved. 

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - BengalsLUFC - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 11:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont blame Joe for getting all he could but......

Goodberry posted Herbert’s breakdown and it doesn’t really hit for 4 years.

If Joe’s is something similar might let us get Tee to a 3 year deal and then see what the cap is.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - THE PISTONS - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 10:55 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Good job by the front office. They have given Burrow the contract he deserves. They respected and are paying the man. Does that mean a Tee Higgins deal is unrealistic now? Possibly. It may still be in the hands of Joe Burrow. If Burrow wants to "Keep the band together" he could do what Tom Brady did in New England and restructure the deal down the line. If I remember correctly, Brady left like $60 million on the table with the Patriots so they could remain competitive. Could Joe Burrow do the same? I don't know? It could come down to what's more important to Joey. Money or winning. I think things worked out well for Tom Brady, he is still wealthy and has all those nice, shiny rings.

I think the Burrow will take less to keep Tee crowd was wrong.

If Tee wants 25-30 million a year, we probably can't do it. We'll see I guess.

(09-07-2023, 11:13 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Give it a rest, dude. You’re like a little girl. No one wanted him to go to Cincinnati because of history repeating itself. Protect the guy and no one will have issues, but it was looking like the Bengals were going to ruin a brilliant QB, like what’s happened in the past. It almost did happen and you know it. That’s the reputation, and I hate to break it to you, but it’s deserved. 

How’d it happen in the past? Who did we ruin? Carson had an excellent line in front of him and had an unfortunate injury.

RE: CONTRACT FINALIZED!!! - NUGDUKWE - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 11:09 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I have never heard of voiding a 5th year option.  It may be able to be renegotiated, maybe?  But voided?  Definitely requesting the link of the validation.

I think he already said he was mistaken on that. It will be 7 years.