Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? (/Thread-What-Percentage-of-BLM-Protestors-Know-What-They-re-Protesting)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - BFritz21 - 07-23-2016

(07-23-2016, 10:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what people like you fail to understand.  Blacks are resorting to desperate measure becaus the standard way of complaining has netted zero results for years.

they feel the system is stacked against them so they can not proceed through standard channels to have their complainst adrresses.  When police lie to protect each other and District Attorneys also take their side then who can you camplain to?

As i have said many times I don't agree with all of their tactics, but the way FOX News presented this story is perceft proof of why blacks feel they can not trust the media to get bthier mesage out.  You watch Fox News and you seemed to have no idea what happened in the Laquan McDonald case.  I wonder why that is?  You claim the BLM protestors don't know what they are talking about, but people like you who depend on conmseravtive news sources are also ignortant of what is going on out there.

What are you talking about?!  That IS the standard way of complaining for them:  they start just making noise, being loud, and disrupting the peace with no real idea what's going on?  How could that be more productive than anything else?  How would that make change?  

You fail to acknowledge that it appears they have no idea what they're protesting or how to make change because you're a typical Democrat, which is exactly how you're playing into the wrongs of the BLM movement that have no idea what they're doing.

You think that, because it's their right, they're justified to riot, protest, and block ambulances even when they have no clue why they're doing it other than to make noise.

Please don't ignore the highlighted part.

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - Bmoreblitz - 07-23-2016

(07-23-2016, 06:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What are you talking about?!  That IS the standard way of complaining for them:  they start just making noise, being loud, and disrupting the peace with no real idea what's going on?  How could that be more productive than anything else?  How would that make change?  

You fail to acknowledge that it appears they have no idea what they're protesting or how to make change because you're a typical Democrat, which is exactly how you're playing into the wrongs of the BLM movement that have no idea what they're doing.

You think that, because it's their right, they're justified to riot, protest, and block ambulances even when they have no clue why they're doing it other than to make noise.

Please don't ignore the highlighted part.

Most BLM marches and demonstrations in dozens of other cities are so peaceful and event-free that they by and large don't  make the news.

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - fredtoast - 07-23-2016

(07-23-2016, 06:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You fail to acknowledge that it appears they have no idea what they're protesting or how to make change because you're a typical Democrat, which is exactly how you're playing into the wrongs of the BLM movement that have no idea what they're doing.

I have seen dozens of interviews of BLM protestors who know exactly what they are protesting about.

You are the one ignorant of the facts.

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - fredtoast - 07-23-2016

(07-23-2016, 07:03 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Most BLM marches and demonstrations in dozens of other cities are so peaceful and event-free that they by and large don't  make the news.

This.

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - BFritz21 - 07-23-2016

(07-23-2016, 08:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have seen dozens of interviews of BLM protestors who know exactly what they are protesting about.

You are the one ignorant of the facts.

First off, if I called you ignorant to anything, even if you were, like when you posted about how people treated me immediately after the wreck and how I've been treated since, you'd ***** and have me suspended.

Ironic, isn't it?

Second, that's fine, but who's to say they make up the majority?  Who's to say what percentage know what they're protesting?  You made up a number, 90, which you think that somehow you making it up makes it factual and accurate.

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - rfaulk34 - 07-24-2016

(07-23-2016, 01:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're making the same error in suggesting that disrupting traffic is all they do. 

No.

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - rfaulk34 - 07-24-2016

(07-23-2016, 11:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: First off, if I called you ignorant to anything, even if you were, like when you posted about how people treated me immediately after the wreck and how I've been treated since, you'd ***** and have me suspended.

Ironic, isn't it?

Second, that's fine, but who's to say they make up the majority?  Who's to say what percentage know what they're protesting?  You made up a number, 90, which you think that somehow you making it up makes it factual and accurate.

I think they all know what they're protesting about. I just think they go about it the wrong way too much of the time--marching and blocking traffic is a good way to get attention, but it's not the only thing they should be doing--and there are too many instances where they come across as too radical with their anti-police chants. 

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - BFritz21 - 07-24-2016

(07-24-2016, 12:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think they all know what they're protesting about. I just think they go about it the wrong way too much of the time--marching and blocking traffic is a good way to get attention, but it's not the only thing they should be doing--and there are too many instances where they come across as too radical with their anti-police chants. 

In a sense, yes, because they know in that they hear "black person shot by white cop, let's go make noise," but that doesn't mean they know what they're trying to achieve by protesting, which is just as bad.

That's my point.

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - JustWinBaby - 07-24-2016

(07-23-2016, 01:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Huh? I think you're confusing me with blitz...

Maybe.  If so, I apologize.  As a Steeler fan, I see "Bmore" and instinctively think moron.  My bad, apologies if I offended.

C'mon....you gotta respect my ability to integrate smack talk into politics.

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - JustWinBaby - 07-24-2016

(07-23-2016, 07:03 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Most BLM marches and demonstrations in dozens of other cities are so peaceful and event-free that they by and large don't  make the news.

Kind of like cop shootings?

Except, "most" actually wouldn't be an accurate representation of reality would it?  I mean, we're talking like maybe 10% of 1/10,000th of police interactions....no?  NEARLY all, might be better but still possibly grossly  understated...no?

Statistically speaking it's a really,really ***** teeny tiny number.

(07-23-2016, 11:23 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Lol.....reading is fundamental. Brad was responding to Pat not me Blitz. Get out of the bubble sometime.  Tongue

Actually.....my comments were directed at "Bmore"....so the responses are probably far more telling than my social observations.  And...the vagueness of my response wasn't possibly intentional to expose actual dumbass bigots.

You talk about "bubbles"....well I'm just gonna leave that there.

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - fredtoast - 07-24-2016

(07-23-2016, 11:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Second, that's fine, but who's to say they make up the majority?  Who's to say what percentage know what they're protesting?  You made up a number, 90, which you think that somehow you making it up makes it factual and accurate.

Basically anyoone with a brain knows what the BLM movement is protesting about.  And given that it effects black people more than whites I am guessing that more of them know what they are protesting about.

It is ridiculous to suggest that black people are so stupid that they do not even know what they are protesting about.  stop and think about what you are saying.  

I dare you to answer these questions Brad, 

"Do YOU know what BLM is protesting about and what they hope to accomplish?"

"Do you also think that 90% of your white friends do not know what BLM are protesting about?"

(07-24-2016, 03:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: In a sense, yes, because they know in that they hear "black person shot by white cop, let's go make noise," but that doesn't mean they know what they're trying to achieve by protesting, which is just as bad.

That's my point.

I think, basically, they're all just saying "stop shooting so many blacks".  

The problem is, it seems a lot aren't interested in justice (the actual legal or illegal shooting of a suspect), they just want police to stop shooting them. The good shoots and bad shoots are all lumped in together without any regard for whether a suspect escalated a situation to a lethal force conclusion. 

Are some joining in just to make noise and get some free stuff? Sure they are. 

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - BFritz21 - 07-24-2016

(07-24-2016, 11:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Basically anyoone with a brain knows what the BLM movement is protesting about.  And given that it effects black people more than whites I am guessing that more of them know what they are protesting about.

It is ridiculous to suggest that black people are so stupid that they do not even know what they are protesting about.  stop and think about what you are saying.  

I dare you to answer these questions Brad, 

"Do YOU know what BLM is protesting about and what they hope to accomplish?"

"Do you also think that 90% of your white friends do not know what BLM are protesting about?"

I didn't suggest that black people are stupid.  Not even once.  Just another example of Fred using rhetoric to throw out complete garbage.

You say it's ridiculous to suggest that they don't know what they're protesting about, yet you just said in a previous post that 10% don't know what they're protesting about?

Are you starting to see why it's impossible to take you seriously?  

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - fredtoast - 07-24-2016

(07-24-2016, 11:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I didn't suggest that black people are stupid.  Not even once.  Just another example of Fred using rhetoric to throw out complete garbage.

You say it's ridiculous to suggest that they don't know what they're protesting about, yet you just said in a previous post that 10% don't know what they're protesting about?

Are you starting to see why it's impossible to take you seriously?  

If you suggest that 90% of BLM protestors don't know what they are prtotestiung about then you are calling them stupid.

Again I dare you to answer these questions.  

"Do YOU know what BLM is protesting and what they hope to accomplish?"

"Do you think that 90% of your whgite friends don't know what BLM is protesting about?"

(07-24-2016, 11:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If you suggest that 90% of BLM protestors don't know what they are prtotestiung about then you are calling them stupid.

Again I dare you to answer these questions.  

"Do YOU know what BLM is protesting and what they hope to accomplish?"

"Do you think that 90% of your whgite friends don't know what BLM is protesting about?"

I NEVER SAID 90% DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE PROTESTING ABOUT!!!

YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SAID 10% DON'T, SO YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S CALLING THEM STUPID!!!!  AND THAT'S BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION!!!

Again, I don't know what they're protesting or what they hope to accomplish, which puts me in the same boat with a lot of them, but the difference is I'm not out there protesting just to protest.

Once again, Fred is making up statistics and lies.

You're making this way too easy on me.

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - BmorePat87 - 07-24-2016

(07-24-2016, 04:57 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Maybe.  If so, I apologize.  As a Steeler fan, I see "Bmore" and instinctively think moron.  My bad, apologies if I offended.

C'mon....you gotta respect my ability to integrate smack talk into politics.

and since you're  a Steelers fan, I automatically assumed you were confused... Wink

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - BmorePat87 - 07-24-2016

(07-24-2016, 12:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No.

When you should understand the point of my initial statements is that it is wrong to suggest that all they do is promote violence and disrupt traffic, making the premise of the thread flawed. 

RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - Bmoreblitz - 07-24-2016

(07-24-2016, 11:43 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Again, I don't know what they're protesting or what they hope to accomplish

(07-24-2016, 11:43 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Again, I don't know what they're protesting or what they hope to accomplish

Mellow

(07-24-2016, 11:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: When you should understand the point of my initial statements is that it is wrong to suggest that all they do is promote violence and disrupt traffic, making the premise of the thread flawed. 

My mistake. I went back and re-read what i had posted and it does appear that is what i was saying. It's not what i meant. That's what i get for posting at 3:30am. 

My point was; try something that might get heard and have more of an effect that just marching down the street and blocking traffic. If there is more than this being done, i'd be interested to hear about it. 

At the time of my post, you were frustrated and questioning why you even bother trying. I thought you were missing his point.