Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2023 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2023-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** (/Thread-Week-2-GameDay-Thread-Ravens-Bengals--36391)

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Destro - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

Limping off field. Perhaps Chase was right when he said Joe Burrow should take first 5 games off? 

Yeah, Chase probably said the silent part out loud. 

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - phil413 - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Burrow is obviously still injured.

Call Wentz and give him half of that Collins money.  If Joe keeps struggling with this and is out for a month, maybe Wentz keeps you 2-2 after Browning slops through a win vs the Rams.  

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - swilson3828 - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:07 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Played a bit better and given Joe is still hurt not sure what we can reasonably expect.

It's not Burrow......it's the inept defense.  On both sides of the ball today Cincy's line got pushed around like a bunch of middle schoolers, and the schemes were terrible.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - jj22 - 09-17-2023

True AFC powerhouses bounce back and get in the win column.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Browns Town Bengal - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:07 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: How many QB sack did we get ?

Zero

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - reuben.ahmed - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:08 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I don’t get that. Joe with a tweaked calf gives us a better chance than Jake browning.

yeah but resting burrow these weeks may have given him a better chance the rest of the year. him limping now no way he's "better" after this game, he's worse, and we're 0-2 anyway. this season is a wash with Joey B injured.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Housh - 09-17-2023

Lou’s keep everything in front defense doesn’t work if the secondary sucks and if we never actually have leads at any point during the game. Lou was able to stay in cover 3 with Bates locking up deep. With deep now an option for teams Lou’s defense not only looks weak but looks STUPID. How many times can we let teams do the same shit?

***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Mickeypoo - 09-17-2023

Looks like another KC Super Bowl win and Bengals back in the dumpster. It was a fun, exciting 2 years while they lasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - jj22 - 09-17-2023

Burrow wasn’t still hurt. He reinsured the calf.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:08 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: We started 0-3 in the division last year. That's not the problem. The problem is that the team do not look good on any front. Burrow is clearly injured, why is he playing? 

An injured Joe Burrow is better than a healthy Jake Browning.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - THE PISTONS - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:08 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Time to re-evaluate every player on defense. This teams is terrible. Maybe start cutting players .

When you have Bates and Bell at safety, you can do some pretty crazy stuff scheme wise.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - bengalfan74 - 09-17-2023

Ok, so you've got a gimpy QB, and your RB has 13 carries WTF

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:08 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I don’t get that. Joe with a tweaked calf gives us a better chance than Jake browning.

He does, Joe Burrow on the bench for 60 minutes gives us more chance than Jake Browning. But we shouldn't define our entire season by Weeks 1-2.

Start 0-2 if it means Burrow is 100% ready for Week 3. Instead, we've played him, he's looked awful and will probably not be ready for next week either. He's clearly not 100% or all that close. What we've done by playing him, is lose these games anyway, and probably delay the point at which we can expect Burrow to be ready.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-17-2023

This is the first time I have ever seen Lou Anarumo make incorrect adjustments.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - TKUHL - 09-17-2023

They should have never got the first down before the final one. This D played like complete trash. Playcalling was ass, seemed a little better in the second half. I just don’t understand how we stay fairly healthy yet can’t get more out of these guys. We play a team missing crucial starters yet it didn’t faze them one bit.

(09-17-2023, 05:09 PM)Destro Wrote: Yeah, Chase probably said the silent part out loud. 

What the hell happened to Cincy's pass rush?

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: An injured Joe Burrow is better than a healthy Jake Browning.

Yes. But don't define your entire season and QB's health, by weeks 1-2. We've lost these games anyway, and maybe just pushed back Burrow's recovery by doing so. 

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Browns Town Bengal - 09-17-2023

My son is losing his mind in the next room. I remember those days of being like that. I hope he grows out of these tantrums after a loss

(09-17-2023, 05:11 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is the first time I have ever seen Lou Anarumo make incorrect adjustments.

This is the first time you've seen Lou without Bates and Bell too.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - reuben.ahmed - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: An injured Joe Burrow is better than a healthy Jake Browning.

In the runner's world we say a slow runner is better than an injured runner. But Joe Burrow can't heal if he's injured, he's not just slow he's injured. Playing an NFL game is likely not healing his injury, he looks worse than when he started the season, using a theragun near the end of the game and limping out there to shake hands.