Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bobby Hart Re-Signed (/Thread-Bobby-Hart-Re-Signed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - bambino5130 - 03-11-2019

I honestly have no words. I thought Bobby Hart was gone, they would resign Andre Smith, & draft a Right Tacke....... but this? 3 years for 21 million?

This is the kind of move that gets most GMs fired in normal organizations & it’s getting impossible to defend this dysfunctional joke of a franchise.

If they let Denard go & do something like this, & draft a CB in the 1st rd...........I’m pissing on the field week 1.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Bengal Dude - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 08:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Honestly, the only logic I can come up with is bad logic. There's just no scenario that's doesn't involve blind hope, based on wishful thinking, where you look at Bobby Hart's body of work and say 'yeah, that guy deserves 7m per year'.  Mellow

He sucked in New York and bitched. He gets cut.

He comes to Cincinnati and sucks, but he doesn't *****. Gets a big raise. Nice to see the team's priorities.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Older Than You Too - 03-11-2019

I wonder if we still take a tackle in the first if the good LBs are gone.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - jj22 - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 08:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I haven't really studied this draft much, but is that tackle that's been mocked to us at 11th able to play Left Tackle? 

Maybe then we could wind up cutting Glenn? Paying $7 million per to Hart as a backup or for a risky conversion to Guard seems ill-advised to put it nicely. Settling for him as starter also seems bad. Even if we draft a Tackle and cut Glenn...because I know we're not going to use the money saved to improve the team. All the relevant free agents would be gone by then.

Wondering if I even trust Turner to draft (scout) a Tackle at this point.

It would be nice if the new Coaches spot how well Boling played at LT (if they watched more than one year) and make the move official. Enough with the gamble on a draft pick when we've seen what he can do. Make the move ala Whit when he took the position and never looked back. Give him the offseason to prepare.

Bobby Hart Re-Signed - ochocincos - 03-11-2019

So pretty much, Turner talked with Jimbo Fisher, who coached Hart in college. So Turner essentially went off what Hart did in college, not what he’s done in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - BoomerFan - 03-11-2019

This is just garbage. Why would anyone do this?

Marvin is lucky he is gone, he'd probably get blamed for this nonsense.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - THE Bigzoman - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 08:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So pretty much, Turner talked with Jimbo Fisher, who coached Hart in college. So Turner essentially went off what Hart did in college, not what he’s done in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hart must've sent him a premium blow-up doll.

I miss him....

You know who i'm talking about.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - BengalFanInNJ - 03-11-2019

The Bengals ranked dead last in yards per carry running outside of right tackle.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - bfine32 - 03-11-2019

I'm curious to see the structure of the contract. We may have inflated the salary to go light on the guaranteed.

Oh the hell with it........The Bengals are stupid!!

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - THE Bigzoman - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm curious to see the structure of the contract. We may have inflated the salary to go light on the guaranteed.

Even so, there was no need to lock up him for 3 years. No way in a hell he would've been offered as much in the market.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - SunsetBengal - 03-11-2019

The Bobby Hart rally cry: Pfft! You ain't so tough! I've been run past by way better than you..

(03-11-2019, 08:31 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Even so, there was no need to lock up him for 3 years. No way in a hell he would've been offered as much in the market.

Really doesn't matter how many years we sign him for if the contract is structured right. We can say plenty of negative stuff about our FO, but they're generally pretty savvy when it comes to this contract stuff.  

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - SErebel11 - 03-11-2019

They could have traded their 7th round pick for Jermey Parnell, who is a much better tackle and been paying him less for next season if they were that desperate.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - THE PISTONS - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 07:42 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: This isn't just about the Bengals overpaying. They seriously hold Bobby Hart to a high standard. Forget about the statistics, they watched Bobby Hart last year and thought that was worthy enough to bring back at a hefty price. That is a huge problem. Whether that's Turner, the Bengals front office being dumbasses,  ZT possibly cosigning it or all of the above.

Or are we gonna give ZT a pass like we did with Marvin & thetutu Whitworth situation and assume that this is all Mike Brown?

Great post!

Terrible talent evaluation. No other team would give Hart $7 million a year. They bid against themselves.

Even if you like Hart, get him for $3-4 million. Same with Uzo.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Shake n Blake - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 08:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tannehill would get spoiled behind our oline. He was sacked 14 times more than Andy with over 100 fewer attempts. 

Both Tanny and Dalton's backups played 5 games last year. One backup got sacked at a much higher rate than the starter, one got sacked at a much lower clip. You could look at that as evidence that one QB helped his line, while the other made his look worse. Either way, not sure how Tanny having a worse line would mean Dalton won't get killed behind his. 

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - THE PISTONS - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 08:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I haven't really studied this draft much, but is that tackle that's been mocked to us at 11th able to play Left Tackle? 

Maybe then we could wind up cutting Glenn? Paying $7 million per to Hart as a backup or for a risky conversion to Guard seems ill-advised to put it nicely. Settling for him as starter also seems bad. Even if we draft a Tackle and cut Glenn...because I know we're not going to use the money saved to improve the team. All the relevant free agents would be gone by then.

I've looked at the draft. I thought for sure we'd draft a RT and sign LBs. I thought we'd draft a TE too and resign Dennard.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Luvnit2 - 03-11-2019

I am waiting for someone to blame this on ML. After all, he was the scapegoat for many for poor management of the roster. Oh wait, the new guy Taylor should trashed soon..

Calm down everyone, this is the same team who has not won a playoff game in almost 30 years, but now we expect a miracle transformation.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Shake n Blake - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm curious to see the structure of the contract. We may have inflated the salary to go light on the guaranteed.

In some cases, yes. Or at least it's fair to question them. It's not like we're talking about the Pats, here.

(03-11-2019, 08:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Both Tanny and Dalton's backups played 5 games last year. One backup got sacked at a much higher rate than the starter, one got sacked at a much lower clip. You could look at that as evidence that one QB helped his line, while the other made his look worse. Either way, not sure how Tanny having a worse line would mean Dalton won't get killed behind his. 

Dalton was 28th in sacks last year. He's never gotten hurt because of a sack. It's just a narrative folks use we they get mad.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - I_C_DeadPeople - 03-11-2019

There is literally not a single NFL qualified person, or educated fan, who would say Hart is even an average RT. He is trash and for the same money a much better option could have been found. Dumb and lazy