Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff (/Thread-SI-Report-Bengals-planning-major-shake-up-to-Taylor-s-staff)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - SHRacerX - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can throw around all the childish person insults you want, but the fact is that you first claimed that the front office helped Marvin by giving him desirable assistants like Urban and VanPelt

Then when someone pointed out that these coaches were more willing to work with a reputable HC like Marvin Lewis you started squealing about how none of the assistants were desirable and the Bengals just got lucky when they hired some "also rans".

So which is it?  

Fred saying you have childish person(al) insults is like being called short by a dwarf.  

Urban and Van Pelt were great assistants, but not coordinators.  I frankly don't care how great your assistant is if your coordinators aren't strong.  Right now, I know little to nothing about the assistant position coaches on this team.  What I do know is Callahan, Turner, and Anarumo likely didn't have NFL coaching gigs if they weren't hired here.

What I also know is that Gruden and Zimmer showed enough to be offered NFL head coaching positions.  You think that would ever happen for Callahan or Anarumo?  Those guys couldn't get a HC gig in the weakest of college conferences.  

But the point you keep missing is that those guys didn't come in as highly sought after as they left.  They proved themselves AFTER THEY GOT HERE.  Their desire to play here vs. other coaches not wanting to play for ZT had nothing to do with "respect" of either coach.  Del Rio's name keeps getting kicked around as not wanting to coach here because of Taylor.  Really?  How do we know that?  Where was it reported that he said that?  Are you that narrow-minded that you couldn't look at the teams he would face in the AFC North with our roster vs. Washington's division and roster?  But it was because he didn't think much of ZT.  Bullshit.  

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - ochocincos - 01-02-2021

(01-01-2021, 06:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What's more likely, that they lost the locker room and regained it, or that it was BS to start with and they players who were coming out in support of him were telling the truth? 

New report today that Bengals moving on from Jim Turner, Nick Eason, and defensive assistant Gerald Chatman, per multiple sources.
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-moving-on-from-multiple-coaches

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Synric - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: New report today that Bengals moving on from Jim Turner, Nick Eason, and defensive assistant Gerald Chatman, per multiple sources.

Meh. They should try to bring in more experience at OC. Someone that has experience designing a brush offense.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - ochocincos - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 04:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Meh. They should try to bring in more experience at OC. Someone that has experience designing a brush offense.

I agree. Personally, I'd want Taylor to hand over the reins for offensive playcalling and I want a different style defense than what Anarumo runs.
But I do think moving on from Turner and Eason are good decisions.
We all know Turner hasn't done great with the OL. It might be Eason's fault that the DL is terrible rushing the passer and stopping the run.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - KillerGoose - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: New report today that Bengals moving on from Jim Turner, Nick Eason, and defensive assistant Gerald Chatman, per multiple sources.

I’m disappointed that Anarumo is being kept (disappointed that Taylor is being kept, but oh well). I just don’t believe in Lou, but it looks like he has one more shot. I’m really glad Turner is gone, though.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - fredtoast - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 04:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: But the point you keep missing is that those guys didn't come in as highly sought after as they left.  They proved themselves AFTER THEY GOT HERE.  

Then why would you make a comment like this?

(01-01-2021, 02:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: ZT wasn't given any special ingredients.  A lot of "what's left" guys like Anarumo.  They also gave Marv WR coaches like James Urban, and QB coaches like Van Pelt.  ZT got NOTHING in comparison.  

How could Urban and Van Pelt be "special ingredients" if they were not highly sought after when the Bengals hired them.

So Marvin and Zac both got "what's left" guys but they flourished under Marvin and failed under Taylor.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Bilbo Saggins - 01-02-2021

If the master plan is to take Zac Taylor, a coach who has up until now been historically ineffective, and make him better by going over his head by replacing some of his assistants, I want to be the first person on record to say that that is a terrible plan. A crappy HC and poor decision maker is unlikely to suddenly thrive if his boss chops his balls off and starts going over his head. It just signals that deep down the ownership understands that he isn't the guy, but would rather gesture toward admitting the fact than pay the guy not to coach(and maybe fix the problem). If alpha-dog ZT was ineffectual, just wait until you see immasculated, humiliated ZT with chosen assistants. They're just going to keep wasting time on Burrow's rookie deal and will have no one to blame but themselves if they take this route. 

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Murdock2420 - 01-02-2021

Can we all just take a moment and be happy that Turner is gone?

I feel like no matter what your opinion is on things, everyone here (maybe not Fred) could agree that Turner was ass and needed to be gone. It appears that is happening, so be happy?

It's so far the only good news in 2021.

Jim Turner, Nick Eason and Gerald Chatman not returning - Trademark - 01-02-2021

Lou better be gone too. The defense has been horrid for the most part

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Bengalholic - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 05:14 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: If the master plan is to take Zac Taylor, a coach who has up until now been historically ineffective, and make him better by going over his head by replacing some of his assistants, I want to be the first person on record to say that that is a terrible plan. A crappy HC and poor decision maker is unlikely to suddenly thrive if his boss chops his balls off and starts going over his head. It just signals that deep down the ownership understands that he isn't the guy, but would rather gesture toward admitting the fact than pay the guy not to coach(and maybe fix the problem). If alpha-dog ZT was ineffectual, just wait until you see immasculated, humiliated ZT with chosen assistants. They're just going to keep wasting time on Burrow's rookie deal and will have no one to blame but themselves if they take this route. 

Yeah, like I said in another thread...2/3rds of coaches who start out with Zac's record don't even make it through/past a 3rd year, and of the ones who did in the last 3 decades, only 1 ever had any winning seasons past year 3 with that same team. What are the chances that Zac can overcome those odds?  Mellow

RE: Jim Turner, Nick Eason and Gerald Chatman not returning - Big Boss - 01-02-2021

Fire Lou.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Bengalholic - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 05:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Can we all just take a moment and be happy that Turner is gone?

I feel like no matter what your opinion is on things, everyone here (maybe not Fred) could agree that Turner was ass and needed to be gone. It appears that is happening, so be happy?

It's so far the only good news in 2021.

Turner being gone is definitely a good thing. Let's hope they find a quality replacement, and then find a couple more quality linemen.

RE: Jim Turner, Nick Eason and Gerald Chatman not returning - Gdale_Bengal - 01-02-2021

Jim Turner getting shit canned is my favorite thing of the new year.

I will enjoy a rhinegeist this evening as well as a nice glass of Johnny walker green label in celebrate

RE: Jim Turner, Nick Eason and Gerald Chatman not returning - lone bengal - 01-02-2021

Getting rid of some pawns. Much rather have Tobin and Taylor gone. The offensive line was bad under Alexander, Pollock and Turner. Ogbuehi, Fisher , Price and Michael Jordan all drafted under Tobin. Along with bringing in guys like Cordy Glenn , John Miller and Hart. The defense was bad under Marvin, Austin and Lou.

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - impactplaya - 01-02-2021

So who is overseeing the procedure to replace Turner Eason and Chatman? It's kinda funny how the majority of this board
Knew Jim Turner was a bad hire from the start,yet it
Took the Bengals incredible front office minds 2 years to see it

If Zac had HIS way he would have retained the entire Coaching staff. So if Zac is being told from.the front office what coaches and assistants come and go then.how can they put their faith
And confidence in him to turn this bottom dwelling
Franchise around?

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Synric - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 05:32 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Getting rid of some pawns. Much rather have Tobin and Taylor gone. The offensive line was bad under Alexander, Pollock and Turner. Ogbuehi, Fisher , Price and Michael Jordan all drafted under Tobin. Along with bringing in guys like Cordy Glenn , John Miller and Hart. The defense was bad under Marvin, Austin and Lou.

When they drafted Ogbuehi, Fisher and Price I believe Marvin Lewis was the more likely running things than Tobin. After Lewis was fired Tobin has taken a more prominent role in the organorganization.

I'm betting Duke Tobin's actual GM duties started with the hiring of Taylor and the 2019 draft.

SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Bronxbengal - 01-02-2021

(01-01-2021, 08:46 PM)samhain Wrote: Funny how Cordy Glenn messes up here and he's got issues, but Jim Turner comes here and starts being a general bag of turds and he gets the benefit of the doubt from some.  By some, I mean the 2.5 people on this board who somehow defend the guy.  

When did I defend him? I am sick of the media who operate on unnamed sources and there is no accountability on their end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Bronxbengal - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 12:13 AM)GodFather Wrote: Zac Taylor makes one major change this offseason to Bengals staff only firing long time water boy Bobby Boucher claiming the lack of fresh water is the cause for 2020's failures. This didn't upset Bobby though, as he was seen leaving the Bengals building he looked back and said "“Mama say that happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you feelin’ blue.”

[Image: waterboy2jpg]

Is this also from an unnamed source?

RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Big Boss - 01-02-2021

Better than nothing, but this is still just delaying the inevitable.

2021 is Taylor's last year.

(01-02-2021, 05:42 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: When did I defend him? I am sick of the media who operate on unnamed sources and there is no accountability on their end.  

Any report is going to ultimately end up being judged on it's accuracy...whether the sources were anonymous or not.