Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Raiders @ Steelers Game Day - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: Raiders @ Steelers Game Day (/Thread-Raiders-Steelers-Game-Day)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Raiders @ Steelers Game Day - StLucieBengal - 11-08-2015

Tomlin is so overrated as a coach.

They will suffer when they lose Haley.

RE: Raiders @ Steelers Game Day - bengalfan74 - 11-08-2015

Gotta give it up for Brown - Hell of a ball game !

So the Steelers stay alive and kicking. I wonder what's up with Big Jen ?

RE: Raiders @ Steelers Game Day - jeremydc - 11-08-2015

(11-08-2015, 06:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol.

Skin of the teeth win over Oakland at home.

A win is a win. Nothing to laugh about.... Credit to the Steelers. Even without Ben, they can still win games. 

RE: Raiders @ Steelers Game Day - Joelist - 11-08-2015

Brown is good, but both of the big plays were blown defenses.

Unfortunately I got to either watch the Raiders let me down or the Packers put on a clinic for all of the NFL on how not to play defense.

RE: Raiders @ Steelers Game Day - 6andcounting - 11-08-2015

(11-08-2015, 06:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: It was bad defense again. The second I saw the players line up I knew it was going to be a big play.

Oh, and pick plays need to go back to being illegal in all situations.

If there's no contact with the defender there's no way it could ever be a penalty. Calling it a "pick" when it's not OPI is misleading. Really, it's just two receivers running close routes and there's too much traffic for defenders to keep up. Similar to running a shallow cross over the middle, but in a smaller area.

Packers are way flawed. They aren't going. Anywhere. Looking like Arizona or Carolina in the NFC .

(11-08-2015, 06:50 PM)jeremydc Wrote: A win is a win. Nothing to laugh about.... Credit to the Steelers. Even without Ben, they can still win games. 

No, the win doesn't count because of style points.

We need to massage RFaulk's ego right now, not confront him for bad posts. Smirk

(11-08-2015, 06:53 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If there's no contact with the defender there's no way it could ever be a penalty. Calling it a "pick" when it's not OPI is misleading. Really, it's just two receivers running close routes and there's too much traffic for defenders to keep up. Similar to running a shallow cross over the middle, but in a smaller area.

Problem is that it's so subjective. There is no way everyone sees the same thing. Pick plays are the new normal. And until they let the defense rough up the receivers there won't be a way to stop them.

Texas tech was in empty and ran #2 WR from the 2 side on an under ... And actually timed up the stalk blocks for the rest of the WR . It was a 1 man route.

The other receivers came off about 60-70% so they could time up the stalk blocks. It was like pick city . Defenses are gonna have a hard time adjusting and will get smaller and smaller bodies.

(11-08-2015, 06:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Problem is that it's so subjective. There is no way everyone sees the same thing. Pick plays are the new normal. And until they let the defense rough up the receivers there won't be a way to stop them.
Allowing more contact from defenders within 10 yards would be a good solution. There's no way to make stricter OPI calls on picks without muddying the rules.

(11-08-2015, 06:58 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Allowing more contact from defenders within 10 yards would be a good solution. There's no way to make stricter OPI calls on picks without muddying the rules.

Just taking away the "defenseless" receiver rule is all they need to do . The possibility of getting smacked would stop a lot of this

(11-08-2015, 07:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just taking away the "defenseless" receiver rule is all they need to do . The possibility of getting smacked would stop a lot of this
You guys can't handle Mitchel now, let alone if there's no more defenseless receiver penalties.

(11-08-2015, 07:02 PM)6andcounting Wrote: You guys can't handle Mitchel now, let alone if there's no more defenseless receiver penalties.

It's not about handling him . He is a hack. I just don't think he helps the team. Too selfish.

Actually Illoka and Nelson would be taking heads off if they let them.

RE: Raiders @ Steelers Game Day - Joelist - 11-08-2015

I'm just getting tired of the constant pick plays in almost every game I see lately. The balance has gone too far over to offenses with this - sorry but constantly seeing 50+ points put up between the two teams is not entertaining.

I would get rid of the rule regarding contact after 5 yards (the Peyton Manning rule), redefine PI to 10 yards and automatic first down (no longer a spot foul) and to address pick plays create some version of the rule they put in to disallow return teams from forming phalanxes. It would be the toughest rule to write but it is absolutely necessary.

They will adjust the rules back once manning, Brady, and Bree's are gone .

RE: Raiders @ Steelers Game Day - rfaulk34 - 11-08-2015

(11-08-2015, 06:50 PM)jeremydc Wrote: A win is a win. Nothing to laugh about.... Credit to the Steelers. Even without Ben, they can still win games. 

Especially when given so many extra chances! lololol

(11-08-2015, 06:53 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If there's no contact with the defender there's no way it could ever be a penalty. Calling it a "pick" when it's not OPI is misleading. Really, it's just two receivers running close routes and there's too much traffic for defenders to keep up. Similar to running a shallow cross over the middle, but in a smaller area.

Yes. And it's designed to cause the defender to have to reroute. Regardless of how you want to phrase it, it's a pick.

(11-08-2015, 06:54 PM)6andcounting Wrote: No, the win doesn't count because of style points.

We need to massage RFaulk's ego right now, not confront him for bad posts. Smirk

lol. You should attempt to unwrap yourself from my finger. 

(11-08-2015, 06:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Problem is that it's so subjective.  There is no way everyone sees the same thing.   Pick plays are the new normal.  And until they let the defense rough up the receivers there won't be a way to stop them.

Exactly why i keep saying they need to extend the 5 yard chuck rule. Every rule change in the last 1,000 years has been to help the offense. They have to give defenders something.

Let's see if they address it this offseason.

(11-08-2015, 07:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just taking away the "defenseless" receiver rule is all they need to do .  The possibility of getting smacked would stop a lot of this

There's nothing wrong with the defenseless receiver rule now. They were very strict on it the first couple years, but the refs have adjusted and way more often than not, it's called correctly now.

They need to give defenders more room to put their hands on receivers off the LOS.