Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Transgender vets now have a VA clinic - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Transgender vets now have a VA clinic (/Thread-Transgender-vets-now-have-a-VA-clinic)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - bfine32 - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 07:31 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You were in school with me ?
What name did you go by ?
I never knew.
Shocked

My agreeing with bfine was completely based on my experiences.

Now....judging from your comment, I understand it doesn't line up with your experiences.
I would have much rather had a teacher like you that might challenge me.

Pat knows what is true.

I only thought about it because I know my teachers were not allowed to talk about politics and I know both of my son's teachers did and not just the government teachers. I know this because my sons would often try to talk to me about political maters and I'd ask where they heard this and they would tell me from their teacher.That is why it stuck with me so much, because I was surprised that it happened.

WTS, I'm not saying it is a bad thing, just something I found odd.

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - Rotobeast - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 07:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pat knows what is true.

I only thought about it because I know my teachers were not allowed to talk about politics and I know both of my son's teachers did and not just the government teachers. I know this because my sons would often try to talk to me about political maters and I'd ask where they heard this and they would tell me from their teacher.That is why it stuck with me so much, because I was surprised that it happened.

WTS, I'm not saying it is a bad thing, just something I found odd.

I know things have changed and I'm ok with it.
I've been out of school for 27 years, so yeah.... things change in that time.
Pat is a good guy.
I just had to rib him a little.
Big Grin

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - StLucieBengal - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 04:17 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Wait.....This is a privately owned day care not a school.

Shouldn't the fired workers just move to a new town and shouldn't you not be making a big deal of this?

The parents of the students deserve to be notified when this type of thing comes up. Firing someone because they think parents should have all the information regarding the climate in their kids school is wrong. As far as her job, I don't care if they hire or fire her . But to fire her because she wants parents to know what's going On is shady. Parents all over should be concerned their school is doing these type of things.

As for her job..... She can move to another school. I certainly wouldn't work there again. Nor would I allow my kid to attend.

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - StLucieBengal - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "One day she wanted to be a girl, and then the next day she wanted to be a boy,"

Yes.... She is a girl. For some reason her parents want to drag their child into this PC mess. And annoy other children and their parents with this nonsense . Then the teachers needs to deal with the hassle as well.

No idea why these parents want to do this to their child and drag them through this...

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - SteelCitySouth - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 08:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The parents of the students deserve to be notified when this type of thing comes up.   Firing someone because they think parents should have all the information regarding the climate in their kids school is wrong.   As far as her job, I don't care if they hire or fire her .  But to fire her because she wants parents to know what's going On is shady.   Parents all over should be concerned their school is doing these type of things.  

As for her job..... She can move to another school.  I certainly wouldn't work there again.   Nor would I allow my kid to attend.

You keep using the word school.  It's a private day care.

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - BmorePat87 - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 08:30 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You keep using the word school.  It's a private day care.

You know it's not a real school because there was no lawn-mowing teacher 

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - BmorePat87 - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 07:31 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You were in school with me ?
What name did you go by ?
I never knew.
Shocked

My agreeing with bfine was completely based on my experiences.

Now....judging from your comment, I understand it doesn't line up with your experiences.
I would have much rather had a teacher like you that might challenge me.

and I am sure some do. Whether or not they do and if they can are two different things. To suggest they're not allowed to discuss religion but are allowed to discuss their political beliefs is false.

If we're playing the anecdotal game, I've worked with 11 different government teachers. I'm assuming that's more than your own and your kid's. Not a single one discusses their political beliefs. It's unethical.

(11-09-2015, 08:30 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You keep using the word school.  It's a private day care.

So they do no instruction there whatsoever?  

Have a hard time believing that's the case.

And regardless.... Day care parents should be made aware when this nonsense comes.

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-10-2015

(11-09-2015, 09:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So they do no instruction there whatsoever?  

And regardless....  Day care parents should be made aware when this nonsense comes.

Do you have any information from the day care as to why the employees were fired? Or just the employees side of the story?

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - SteelCitySouth - 11-10-2015

(11-09-2015, 09:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So they do no instruction there whatsoever?  

And regardless....  Day care parents should be made aware when this nonsense comes.

You keep using the word school for dishonest reasons.  Why not call it what it is, a day care.  I know why, I'd just like to see you be honest.

Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 07:54 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You keep using the word school for dishonest reasons.  Why not call it what it is, a day care.  I know why, I'd just like to see you be honest.

You're more like to see the Loch Ness monster than LaLaLucie be honest. 

RE: Texas School Reportedly Fired Two Employees Who Raised Concerns About a Transgender - djs7685 - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 07:54 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You keep using the word school for dishonest reasons.  Why not call it what it is, a day care.  I know why, I'd just like to see you be honest.

If it fit his usual narrative, the response would have been "Why is this a story? It's a privately owned business, the teachers should just move to a different state and deal with it, no issue here"

But it's about a transgender, so he makes an entire thread about it and takes little shots here and there with every post trying to toe the line of what's appropriate. His trolling is getting awfully boring and stale. You aren't going to get much honesty from someone that has turned themselves into a complete troll account.

RE: Houston voters respond: bathroom usage by anatomy - Mike M (the other one) - 11-10-2015

(11-07-2015, 08:17 AM)PhilHos Wrote: How does it help their mental state if they go into the restroom they WANT to use and are eyeballed, stared at, called out, or even accosted for using the "wrong" restroom?

I don't know that answer, but I'd like for someone to clarify it for us.

RE: Houston voters respond: bathroom usage by anatomy - StLucieBengal - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 05:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't know that answer, but I'd like for someone to clarify it for us.

Because they want everyone to feel uncomfortable. Just because they are mentally unstable and unable to be in normal society they cope by dragging us into their rabbit hole.

RE: Houston voters respond: bathroom usage by anatomy - BmorePat87 - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 05:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't know that answer, but I'd like for someone to clarify it for us.

I would guess that being comfortable with who you are in your entire life counters any chance that someone might give you grief when you use a restroom in public. I'd guess that most trans people don't often encounter issues when they're in the bathroom.

RE: Houston voters respond: bathroom usage by anatomy - Vas Deferens - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 07:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Because they want everyone to feel uncomfortable.  Just because they are mentally unstable and unable to be in normal society they cope by dragging us into their rabbit hole.

I've justified your outlook similarly in the past.  Funny how that works.

RE: Houston voters respond: bathroom usage by anatomy - StLucieBengal - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 07:16 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I've justified your outlook similarly in the past.  Funny how that works.

When I start calling myself a unicorn or a Minotaur then I will be on the same level as these pretenders. If they really think they are the opposite sex then they should commit to it .... Get the surgery. The problem of people today is their lack of commitment. i could care less if they wanna be the opposite sex. Just make a darn commitment.

And if they can't make that commitment then it's reasonable for any of us to question their true intentions and their mental state.

(11-10-2015, 07:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When I start calling myself a unicorn or a Minotaur then I will be on the same level as these pretenders.  

lol, there it is. I knew that disgusting hatred would pour out of you at some point.

(11-10-2015, 07:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol, there it is. I knew that disgusting hatred would pour out of you at some point.

Oh don't report me ....

We all know how much you hate transmission talk. Now we can't even talk about cars because of your crying.

How about you just stop being a baby about all of this ..... You are as bad as those idiots at Mizzou ... You don't get your way by attempting to bully and shame here so you make a scene all over the board and probably blow up the report post.

For a person who acts like they are welcoming to all viewpoints you sure have a lot to complain about.... But I am sure your age is a factor, you come from a soft generation of men.

Whats telling is that you are so bothered over an automotive word that you have to have it banned . I imagine you would like to have me banned because I have an opposing viewpoint to you. That's where you and I are different..... Did GHB annoy me.... Yes...... But I was happy he was back. And welcomed him as such . Because as much as we disagree it's important to have these disagreements and force us to sharpen our debate or come up with a new angle. Words do not matter. If we can't get past a word then how about we supposed to ever evolve past issues?

If you aren't interested in evolving then just put me on ignore. Because your cry baby antics get old.

(11-10-2015, 08:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Oh don't report me ....  

We all know how much you hate transmission talk.   Now we can't even talk about cars because of your crying.  

How about you just stop being a baby about all of this .....   You are as bad as those idiots at Mizzou ...  You don't get your way by attempting to bully and shame here so you make a scene all over the board and probably blow up the report post.  

For a person who acts like they are welcoming to all viewpoints you sure have a lot to complain about....   But I am sure your age is a factor, you come from a soft generation of men.  

Whats telling is that you are so bothered over an automotive word that you have to have it banned .  I imagine you would like to have me banned because I have an opposing viewpoint to you.   That's where you and I are different.....  Did GHB annoy me.... Yes...... But I was happy he was back. And welcomed him as such .  Because as much as we disagree it's important to have these disagreements and force us to sharpen our debate or come up with a new angle.    Words do not matter.    If we can't get past a word then how about we supposed to ever evolve past issues?  

If you aren't interested in evolving then just put me on ignore.   Because your cry baby antics get old.

Can you get your emotions in check, please? If you cannot handle being called out for being a bigot, then don't post here. We don't need you throwing a fit every time someone responds to your racism, homophobia, or transphobia. It's unbecoming of you.