Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - BengalsLUFC - 07-27-2023

As someone who’s seen my fair share of calf strains in football (soccer)

Burrow will be fine for first game of the season, won’t lose any muscle mass like he did last season and will come out week one firing on all cylinders only thing he will lose out on are reps and some cardio.

Guy will probably sleep in the weight room for the next couple of weeks beast mode Burrow activated LOL

I tore my calf fully about 10 years ago and it ***** hurt even now when I tense to kick a ball and plant my foot, I can still feel the exact spot where it ripped even though it doesn’t hurt it’s a weird sensation.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - cinci4life - 07-27-2023

Chase doesn't sound too concerned about this injury.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bengals-qb-joe-burrow-carted-off-field-after-suffering-calf-injury-at-practice

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Housh - 07-27-2023

Injury aside, Burrow looks amazing physical fitness wise. He looks STRONG and fast at the same time.

His body looked really really good.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 07:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: She's the worst. She acts like she's an insider but has zero connections. She speculates a shit ton. 

That is annoying.

(07-27-2023, 07:37 PM)basballguy Wrote: Are a strain and sprain the same thing?

Similar. For a sprain, think ankle sprain. Usually involves a ligament. For a strain, think hamstring. Usually involves a tendon or muscle.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - tms - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 08:11 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Ugh. What a nad-punch this news is. And it’s all the local news is reporting. Over and over and over.

Now its all we’re going to hear about and speculate on until we hear otherwise. Hasn’t this man and this fanbase been through enough already?!

Yeah, that's kinda what bugs me too. I'm not in Ohio, but still. You just know that this story will bookend every news piece even after he comes back, like the appendicitis did. And then if the Bengals don't win the Lombardi, it'll be the top excuse- "Well the calf..."- I'm so over that. I'm sure Burrow is too. He'll be back when he's back and implore us not to make a mountain out of a molehill. But when it comes to alarmist news outlets and fans, they/we just can't be saved. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - michaelsean - 07-27-2023

Left on crutches which I guess doesn’t say much. That was pretty much assumed I think.

(07-27-2023, 08:40 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: To add context to this Ramsey suffered a torn meniscus.

Those are more difficult to diagnose clinically. 70% of the time you can’t detect them during the physical exam and need a MRI. Fortunately for NFL players, they get a MRI if the sneeze.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Soonerpeace - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 08:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Now would be the time for some of that insider knowledge instead of Googling SI or tips on trades that never happened. Just sayin’.

I will hear something tonight. Don’t know if it’s going to be breaking but it will be 1000% accurate. Watch your messages if I can’t post

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - TecmoBengals - 07-27-2023

Heal up Joe!

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - jj22 - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 08:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you hold every player out of practice for soreness you won’t have anyone to practice.

Every player? I’m talking the Franchise QB. One if it was anyone else would be labeled injury prone. I would sit him at the slightest discomfort.

The staff is familiar with the calf. It’s taken both Hubbard and Reader out before. How long did Reader miss? I’d consider that timeline  best case scenario. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - tms - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 08:48 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: As someone who’s seen my fair share of calf strains in football (soccer)

Burrow will be fine for first game of the season, won’t lose any muscle mass like he did last season and will come out week one firing on all cylinders only thing he will lose out on are reps and some cardio.

Guy will probably sleep in the weight room for the next couple of weeks beast mode Burrow activated LOL

I tore my calf fully about 10 years ago and it ***** hurt even now when I tense to kick a ball and plant my foot, I can still feel the exact spot where it ripped even though it doesn’t hurt it’s a weird sensation.

Thanks for the personal experience. Great insight. I just hope it's not more severe than they're saying. I always question diagnoses within hours of the injury, especially if we're trying to assess whether it's a sprain or a tear, and what other ligaments, tendons and muscles have been impacted. I'll trust what they say a little bit more over the coming days. It seems too almost soon to know. But maybe that's just me. 

(07-24-2023, 01:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

GIT YER PITCHFORKS!!!

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - SunsetBengal - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 08:40 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: To add context to this Ramsey suffered a torn meniscus.

What does Ramsey have to do with Joe Burrow??

(07-27-2023, 08:54 PM)Housh Wrote: Injury aside, Burrow looks amazing physical fitness wise. He looks STRONG and fast at the same time.

His body looked really really good.

I'm sure that millions of young ladies would agree with you on that..

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Sled21 - 07-27-2023

The upside to all of this is with the new line Joe can just take the snap and be a statue until he throws....

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - KillerGoose - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 09:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm sure that millions of young ladies would agree with you on that..

Ladies?

(07-27-2023, 09:20 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ladies?

Or young men, I guess.

(07-27-2023, 09:07 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I will hear something tonight. Don’t know if it’s going to be breaking but it will be 1000% accurate. Watch your messages if I can’t post

And why wouldn’t you be able to post? But able to send me a private message? Are you afraid your completely anonymous source will be linked to an anonymous screen name on a topic which is being reported by multiple members of the national media? Don’t worry. We’ll blame Garafolo. GTFO LMAO

Do you smell that?

That’s the smell of bullshit.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - ezekiel23 - 07-27-2023

Burrow shouldn’t have been practicing.That was was a mistake to let him practice,while having issues with his calf,as is obvious by him wearing a calf sleeve.He wasn’t wearing it just for looks.