Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Biden vs. Trump debate - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: { All Things Biden & Trump } (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-All-Things-Biden-Trump)
+---- Thread: Biden vs. Trump debate (/Thread-Biden-vs-Trump-debate)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - Millhouse - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 08:59 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: There is a second debate scheduled, correct? I wonder if some of this is the expectations game. Like not so much candidates sabotaging themselves but also not putting the effort in, including debate prep beforehand and being well rested before the debate (as president you have to make choices whether to spend attention on day to day things or clear your schedule before a debate).

First half football.

In the world of Presidential politics, the debates are the equivalent to a Super Bowl, so they definitely prep and practice beforehand. Now if they are seasoned at it, there will be less prepping ideally. But in the case of both these candidates, the prep teams will have their hands full for different reasons for the next & final debate. They literally have the worst candidates to prep for a debate far as I am concerned. 

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - Nately120 - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 01:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As much as I dislike Trump, the Dems need to be away from the levers of power for the next decade or so as recompense.  And they have no one but themselves to blame.

Giving the GOP 10 years of rule based upon sticking with Biden seems a bit much.  A second Biden term would mean democrats held the white house for 16 years over a 20 year span which seems pretty nuts, but lordy Trump getting another term and then sticking around or his VP getting 2 terms seems a bit daunting as well.

In my mind the 2022 midterm brought a lot of decent democrats into the national spotlight like Mark Kelly, Josh Shapiro, and Raphael Warnock...if democrats pivot to them or others of that standard for 2028 I would see the wisdom in just telling them to kick rocks in favor of president JD Vance or whomever because punishing democrats for their Biden boo-boo is more important.

With that being said, the DNC needs to strongly consider benching Biden and Harris, because it seems like they've had Newsom warming up on  the sidelines for this reason.

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - SunsetBengal - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 09:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Giving the GOP 10 years of rule based upon sticking with Biden seems a bit much.  A second Biden term would mean democrats held the white house for 16 years over a 20 year span which seems pretty nuts, but lordy Trump getting another term and then sticking around or his VP getting 2 terms seems a bit daunting as well.

In my mind the 2022 midterm brought a lot of decent democrats into the national spotlight like Mark Kelly, Josh Shapiro, and Raphael Warnock...if democrats pivot to them or others of that standard for 2028 I would see the wisdom in just telling them to kick rocks in favor of president JD Vance or whomever because punishing democrats for their Biden boo-boo is more important.

With that being said, the DNC needs to strongly consider benching Biden and Harris, because it seems like they've had Newsom warming up on  the sidelines for this reason.

Newsome has done such a masterful job leading California into further disaster that they want him to be in charge of the entire Country??

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - Millhouse - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 09:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Newsome has done such a masterful job leading California into further disaster that they want him to be in charge of the entire Country??

To be fair, this DNC pushed for Hillary and Biden for three elections now since Obama. So yes, it makes perfect sense they would want Newsome.

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - CKwi88 - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 07:46 AM)pally Wrote: Th problem for the other side is I don’t think Trump won those swing voters last night

For as old that Joe looked Trump looked and sounded like he was living in an alternate reality

His performance was just as bad just in a different way

I am as never-Trump and even never-GOP-simping-for-Trump as they come, but there is no way to spin this as equally bad for Trump as it was for Biden. Trump was at least able to put words together. Biden was a geriatric deer in headlights. Yes, the words that Trump put together were his typical blatant lies and nonsense, but his electorate does not care. If his voters didn't ditch him after all of his failures until now, it's not his debate performance that will be a bridge too far. 

Biden, on the other hand, does not benefit from the same zealous fanaticism that Trump does. This debate performance gave even me reason to consider throwing my vote away to a candidate that is neither Biden nor Trump. In the end it doesn't much matter as I'm in a state that doesn't matter, but voters in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan etc. that saw the debacle are certainly thinking along the same lines. 

This was a worst-case scenario for our country. Like I said, America loses with these two incompetent f***s as the top candidates.

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - TheLeonardLeap - 06-28-2024

Didn't watch the debates (because I am not a masochist) but I did wake up this morning to a discord that is majority Demorcat voters, and they were all quite doom-and-gloom. Was it that bad for Biden? Because they are making it seem pretty bad.

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - masonbengals fan - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 09:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Didn't watch the debates (because I am not a masochist) but I did wake up this morning to a discord that is majority Demorcat voters, and they were all quite doom-and-gloom. Was it that bad for Biden? Because they are making it seem pretty bad.

BAD, REAL F'N BAD

What is scary is that some people who actually watched this with their own eyes will still vote for him

I would like to compliment the moderators. They were much better than I expected.

(06-28-2024, 09:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Newsome has done such a masterful job leading California into further disaster that they want him to be in charge of the entire Country??

No, this isn't about what I want this is about who can win who isn't Trump.  Newsom is tall and old enough to look presidential and has a full head of hair and so on and so forth.  I'm talking about what they can do to win, doesn't mean I want that to happen.

Much like right now I'm saying it looks like Trump is going to win...doesn't mean I want that.  The goal of the DNC is to prevent Trump from winning, and the goal of MAGA is for Trump to win.  What I want and what is "good for the country" don't factor into things, and I'm just admitting that and not saying I want it.  If either party could break out of this bullshit we wouldn't be looking again at going with a senile Biden or asking Trump of all people to remold our government in his image.  All I'm saying is that Newsom would have handled things better than Biden last night.

Also, the argument that "CA is a shithole" talking point is something that is held against any democrat so I'd imagine most voters wouldn't even know or care that Newsom is the governor there.  All politics is now national politics.

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - JustWinBaby - 06-28-2024

So will the Biden admin claim video/audio of the debate is fake and lock away the real video under executive privilege?

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - Luvnit2 - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 07:46 AM)pally Wrote: Th problem for the other side is I don’t think Trump won those swing voters last night

For as old that Joe looked Trump looked and sounded like he was living in an alternate reality

His performance was just as bad just in a different way

You may be right, but I know Frank Lutz had swing voters in his audience, many who voted for Biden in 2020, all said they have switched to Trump.

Everyone wants to forget Trump got almost 74 million votes in 2020. I understand Democrats hate the guy, but all of the Trump lied BS is being debunked today. It is Biden who had an issue with the truth, whoppers like no soldiers died under my watch did not go over well.

Biden's answer to abortion was horrid.

Trump reminded everyone Jan. 6 voters had cheaper gas, cheaper groceries and a safer world. 

In my opinion, Biden can't beat Trump in 2024.  I am not sure anyone who supports Biden's policies can beat Trump. Voters are not stupid; they saw firsthand on National TV Democrats had lied to them for months about Joe's cognitive ability. Chick Grasserly is old, but sharp of mind. Biden is old and his family and the DNC used him to beat Trump because he did once before.

I called this a long time ago and you and others said I was wrong. DNC is in a pickle. Biden acted after the debate going to Waffle house he won the debate. But sadly, most of the nght he looked either angry, dazed or confused.

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - StoneTheCrow - 06-28-2024

Sounds like I’m finally allowed to believe my lying eyes.

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - Luvnit2 - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 09:50 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I am as never-Trump and even never-GOP-simping-for-Trump as they come, but there is no way to spin this as equally bad for Trump as it was for Biden. Trump was at least able to put words together. Biden was a geriatric deer in headlights. Yes, the words that Trump put together were his typical blatant lies and nonsense, but his electorate does not care. If his voters didn't ditch him after all of his failures until now, it's not his debate performance that will be a bridge too far. 

Biden, on the other hand, does not benefit from the same zealous fanaticism that Trump does. This debate performance gave even me reason to consider throwing my vote away to a candidate that is neither Biden nor Trump. In the end it doesn't much matter as I'm in a state that doesn't matter, but voters in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan etc. that saw the debacle are certainly thinking along the same lines. 

This was a worst-case scenario for our country. Like I said, America loses with these two incompetent f***s as the top candidates.

It is not worst-case scenario for our country, Trump did a nice job as POTUS. It is worse case for you as you are a never Trumper and never GOP voter.

We hear many say Trump was not capable of being calm and not unhinged. We saw Trump very much in control of his thoughts and emotions as Biden trying to bait him. Biden lost pure and simple.

Trump was Trump, but Trump looked and acted the part of the leader of the free world. Liberals hate it and only defense is Trump lied. Yet, fact checkers are saying Biden lied more.

In the end, the winner needs to be given the chance to unite the country. The enemy is not each other, It is China, Russia, Iran and many other countries. It starts with respect and support.

(06-28-2024, 10:43 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Sounds like I’m finally allowed to believe my lying eyes.

I thought Biden was going to look ok mainly because of all the excuses right wing media was coming for why he might not look as bad as he ended up looking. Guess he ran out of magic potion. 

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - HarleyDog - 06-28-2024

Hats off to CNN for running a proper debate. Outside of saving Biden once or twice when he was rambling, I think they were very professional and did an exceptional job. I wasn't expecting that at all.

As for Biden: He had a terrible debate. I am not celebrating today because what I saw last night was sad beyond measure. This guy has been abused by the left and probably should have been replaced/stepped down a year or two ago. As for his wife who see's him on the daily and still encourages him to keep going, I'm disgusted with her. That's abuse if you ask me.

As for Trump: He sucked. He totally avoided the question on affordable childcare and one other question because he was so wrapped up in attacking Joe. I really wanted to hear his answers to those questions. To me, I'm having a hard time choosing if he avoided on purpose or was just distracted.

When both candidates started arguing like children about golf? I literally facepalmed myself. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

My thoughts on who won the debate? RFK Jr.

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - Goalpost - 06-28-2024

I doubt Biden brought in young voters after that.

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - CKwi88 - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 10:50 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hats off to CNN for running a proper debate. Outside of saving Biden once or twice when he was rambling, I think they were very professional and did an exceptional job. I wasn't expecting that at all.

As for Biden: He had a terrible debate. I am not celebrating today because what I saw last night was sad beyond measure. This guy has been abused by the left and probably should have been replaced/stepped down a year or two ago. As for his wife who see's him on the daily and still encourages him to keep going, I'm disgusted with her. That's abuse if you ask me.

As for Trump: He sucked. He totally avoided the question on affordable childcare and one other question because he was so wrapped up in attacking Joe. I really wanted to hear his answers to those questions. To me, I'm having a hard time choosing if he avoided on purpose or was just distracted.

When both candidates started arguing like children about golf? I literally facepalmed myself. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

My thoughts on who won the debate? RFK Jr.

I turned it on a little late (so I didn't even see just how bad it was for Biden until after) and could not believe how many times the moderators had to prompt an answer to the actual question. I agree that the debate was very well run. With coherent candidates it would have been a model of how debates should be. Unfortunately the content sounded like two has-beens rambling in an old folk's home. 

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 06:56 AM)hollodero Wrote: If the plan was to make me look idiotic in this thread, then it succeeded. You and our conservative friends got Biden right, I thought SOTU Biden was real, he is not.  That is a man apparently too old to run the country and there's no way around it any longer.
While Trump is still Trump, it's not like his performance was soothing. It's a disaster, brought to you by the rotten decaying two party system that needs to be thrown on the dunghill of history. No way around that too.

And if it really was a plan, then it's a lousy one. Why not convince Biden to not run a second time, that would have been a better plan.

You don't look like an idiot, you just had way too much faith in the Democratic party.  I've dealt with their worst aspects for over a decade.  As to why Biden didn't bow out, they probably tried to get him to do exactly that.  Scheduling this debate, the earliest presidential debate ever, was their way of forcing him out.  They also clearly didn't give him his cocktail of drugs, the ones he received before the state of the union.  What we saw last night is the person who's been "running" this country for the past two plus years.  

The only question now is who do they undemocratically power broker into the Dem nominee.  Biden will not be the nominee heading into the Chicago convention.

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 09:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Giving the GOP 10 years of rule based upon sticking with Biden seems a bit much.  A second Biden term would mean democrats held the white house for 16 years over a 20 year span which seems pretty nuts, but lordy Trump getting another term and then sticking around or his VP getting 2 terms seems a bit daunting as well.

I believe I pointed Newsome out quite a long time ago.  Once he started vetoing the most far left legislation sent his way by our insane state government I knew he was prepping for a national run.  It was so out of character

No, and no one should.  The guy is an empty headed buffoon.  But he's young and has a certain charisma.  He'll be an unmitigated disaster as POTUS, especially given what he'll have to sacrifice/promise to power broker his way into getting the nod.

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - KillerGoose - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 11:35 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I believe I pointed Newsome out quite a long time ago.  Once he started vetoing the most far left legislation sent his way by our insane state government I knew he was prepping for a national run.  It was so out of character

No, and no one should.  The guy is an empty headed buffoon.  But he's young and has a certain charisma.  He'll be an unmitigated disaster as POTUS, especially given what he'll have to sacrifice/promise to power broker his way into getting the nod.

I had this conversation last night and this morning about Gavin. My wife asked me "you really want Newsom to run for president?" No, he isn't my top choice, but that isn't the point. The point is there isn't really anyone else who stands a chance IMO. He's the most presidential candidate that the Dems have. I have heard Buttigieg mentioned, and I like him as well. He's young and charismatic and has really soared up the political ladder, but I still think Newsom is probably the best bet from the Dems perspective. 

I don't think the Dems have much of a shot at this point in all honesty. Even if they throw up Pete or Gavin, it's just too late in the process. We're barely more than four months until election day. On top of that, there was a poll back in March that pitted a hypothetical Trump vs. Gavin matchup and Trump was killing him in it. Granted, just one poll. However, I think we're trading "sure defeat" for "likely defeat" by switching candidates now. 

RE: Biden vs. Trump debate - SunsetBengal - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 11:35 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I believe I pointed Newsome out quite a long time ago.  Once he started vetoing the most far left legislation sent his way by our insane state government I knew he was prepping for a national run.  It was so out of character

It really is the Democrats own fault for the position that their Party is in right now. They had two very electable candidates, and they ran them both right out of the Party. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema.