Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building (/Thread-150-Armed-Militia-Members-Take-Over-Federal-Building)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Vas Deferens - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 05:19 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I don't disagree that these people are dumbasses, but I do sympathize concerning the "resentencing".
I'm in the 2 wrongs don't make a right camp, ATM. 

I'm with you.  These Hammond's seem like they may have gotten the raw deal.  But that's nothing new unfortunately.  People get shit on all the time.  Only way to fight it is within the confines of the system.

These Bundy type's are total pieces of shit tho.  And for them to piggy back on these other guy's case?  Just going to make things tougher on them in the long term. 

Still nothing from macho man?  Wow.  This is right in his wheelhouse.  He must be fixin all those ground gears and figurin' an angle on this one.  

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Rotobeast - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 05:37 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm with you.  These Hammond's seem like they may have gotten the raw deal.  But that's nothing new unfortunately.  People get shit on all the time.  Only way to fight it is within the confines of the system.

These Bundy type's are total pieces of shit tho.  And for them to piggy back on these other guy's case?  Just going to make things tougher on them in the long term. 

Still nothing from macho man?  Wow.  This is right in his wheelhouse.  He must be fixin all those ground gears and figurin' an angle on this one.  
I think I seen him dangling bait in Smack Talk or JN.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - bfine32 - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 04:02 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-standoff-armed-protesters-political-reaction-yallqaeda-n490031

It's the equivalent of "touch my fries and I'll slap the shit out of you."

Don't like food analogies?

It's the equivalent of me walking into your house, setting up in your living room and saying I won't hurt you... as long as you let me do what I want. Or taking over the picnic shelters at a local park and telling everybody if they come eat their potato salad near me, I'll shoot them.

And since I'm guessing this is going to be countered with "but... it's a public building," that's even worse. That's sitting up in the living room of everyone who pays taxes. That's my building they're "camping" in. Dad Bundy, the tax dodger? Even worse. He made millions by grazing his cattle on my land and didn't pay for it, then did the same thing, threatening violence if officials came to collect what he owed the public.

They aren't doing anything courageous. They're stealing from the public and damaging public property, and threatening violence if public officials come to collect what's due. I'm opposed to government encroachment. I'm opposed to imminent domain. This is neither.

It is not the equivilent to your French Fry analogy. They did not say they would be the ones creating the violence.

This quote more supports my POV.  

Who the hell said they were doing anything courageous?

I'm just saying they are not doing anything terroristic (yet); you disagree.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - XenoMorph - 01-05-2016

(01-03-2016, 01:01 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Seems to be terrorism to me. Violent actions taken to push a political agenda.

In the present they might be viewed as such in the future who can say.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Belsnickel - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 06:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is not the equivilent to your French Fry analogy. They did not say they would be the ones creating the violence.

Group does something wrong. Law enforcement goes to arrest group. Group resist arrest and violence occurs.

The group created the violence.

(01-05-2016, 06:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Group does something wrong. Law enforcement goes to arrest group. Group resist arrest and violence occurs.

The group created the violence.

The point is this is purely speculation; How do you know they will resist? You just suggest what could happen.

You and the others may have a point if they said "We will shoot anybody that tries to move us". Then whether os is considered Terrorisim can be debated. Other than that we just got a few people trying to hard and you have to ask yourself: What is their motivation?

IF they commit a violent act; then it is terrorisim. Re-read what the FBI considers Domestic Terrorisim I think it mentions something about an act.. Then ask yourself whay no Government Official has labeled this an act of Terrorisim; only Mother Jones and a few left-leaners.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 02:38 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Did they break into a private home or a government building? 

They broke into a government building.  Do you have a point? 

You're defending these dudes that in your own words "broke into a government building", said that they have no plans on leaving, and that if anyone tried to make them, they would consider violence.

It is insane that there are some defending these actions. 

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - GMDino - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The point is this is purely speculation; How do you know they will resist? You just suggest what could happen.

You and the others may have a point if they said "We will shoot anybody that tries to move us". Then whether os is considered Terrorisim can be debated. Other than that we just got a few people trying to hard and you have to ask yourself: What is their motivation?

IF they commit a violent act; then it is terrorisim. Re-read what the FBI considers Domestic Terrorisim I think it mentions something about an act.. Then ask yourself whay no Government Official has labeled this an act of Terrorisim; only Mother Jones and a few left-leaners.

Nope.  THEY suggested what could happen.

Unless you think they won't use their guns and instead throw pillows?

Cool

(01-05-2016, 06:27 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: They broke into a government building.  Do you have a point? 

You're defending these dudes that in your own words "broke into a government building", said that they have no plans on leaving, and that if anyone tried to make them, they would consider violence.

It is insane that there are some defending these actions. 

I agree that anybody defending their actions is in the wrong. Not sure I'd go as far as calling them insane; but, i just try to limit the name calling and labels.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Benton - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 06:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is not the equivilent to your French Fry analogy. They did not say they would be the ones creating the violence.

This quote more supports my POV.  

Who the hell said they were doing anything courageous?

I'm just saying they are not doing anything terroristic (yet); you disagree.

Sure it does.

The public building isn't their's. Just like the French fry. If I take someone else's stuff (be it a French fry, or a building) and tell them there's no negative repercussion (slapping the shit out of, or the use of violence) provided they don't do anything, then I'm... threatening violence to get an end result (eating your French fry, or getting a fellow terrorist's sentence reduced/undone).

(01-05-2016, 06:39 PM)Benton Wrote: Sure it does.

The public building isn't their's. Just like the French fry. If I take someone else's stuff (be it a French fry, or a building) and tell them there's no negative repercussion (slapping the shit out of, or the use of violence) provided they don't do anything, then I'm... threatening violence to get an end result (eating your French fry, or getting a fellow terrorist's sentence reduced/undone).
Roll with that. Just don't let the fact that they have not committed any violent act cloud your judgement.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Belsnickel - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The point is this is purely speculation; How do you know they will resist? You just suggest what could happen.

I'm deleting the rest and not bothering because the post you quoted wasn't about the terrorism thing. I'm not beating that dead horse anymore. I was responding to your statement that they said they would not be the ones creating the violence. I was just pointing out that they would, in fact, be creating the violence. You seem to be neglecting the post of yours to which I was responding.

[Image: 146830_0001.jpg]

Are these people Terrorists?

(01-05-2016, 06:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm deleting the rest and not bothering because the post you quoted wasn't about the terrorism thing. I'm not beating that dead horse anymore. I was responding to your statement that they said they would not be the ones creating the violence. I was just pointing out that they would, in fact, be creating the violence. You seem to be neglecting the post of yours to which I was responding.
I agree IF there is violence then they are to be held responsible. Not sure where the disconnect is here. Arm you suggesting violence has already taken place?

(01-05-2016, 06:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree IF there is violence then they are to be held responsible. Not sure where the disconnect is here. Arm you suggesting violence has already taken place?

I'm not really sure where the disconnect is, either, if you agree they would be responsible for the violence is they resisted arrest. They wasn't what I inferred from the post I had quoted. My apologies if I inferred incorrectly.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Vas Deferens - 01-05-2016

I'll call it terrorism for the sake of answering what is apparently the most important piece of this situation to you.  But in the end, I could care less what its called.  Dude's are trying to take MY SHIT.  I'm going to bring the full force of the law on them.  Isn't that what you guys are always calling Obama weak on?

Can't wait for all you posers to start beating up the POTUS for not being swift enough.  Lookin at you invisible Randy Savage.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 06:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure I'd go as far as calling them insane; but, i just try to limit the name calling and labels.

Well, there's no need to sugarcoat the situation.  Defending people that have heavily armed themselves, taken over a building, and threatened violence against anyone that would try to move them is nuts. Whether you agree or not, or if you are just not saying it to limit the name calling, people that defend these actions are insane.

There are certain situations that could probably put me on the insane side, but not a bunch of nerds trying to force the government into giving them land that they didn't own to begin with.

I have seen plenty of people defending the actions of these guys, maybe not a ton on here, but it's all over the Internet.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Rotobeast - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 06:55 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'll call it terrorism for the sake of answering what is apparently the most important piece of this situation to you.  But in the end, I could care less what its called.  Dude's are trying to take MY SHIT.  I'm going to bring the full force of the law on them.  Isn't that what you guys are always calling Obama weak on?

Can't wait for all you posers to start beating up the POTUS for not being swift enough.  Lookin at you invisible Randy Savage.

[Image: tumblr_m1q4xccV801qfshk8o1_400.jpg]

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - fredtoast - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  How do you know they will resist? 

Because they hav e repeatedly said that they would not leave until their demands were met.

What else could that possibly mean?

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - fredtoast - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 06:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Roll with that. Just don't let the fact that they have not committed any violent act cloud your judgement.

Taking property while armed with a gun is an act of violence.

If a person robs you with a gun then that is an act of violence even if he does not shoot you.

Everyone else understands this.  Yet for some reason you believe them when they claim that they would not be the ones responsible for the violence if they start killing police or federal officers.  You even quoted this ridiculous comment to support your position.