Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood (/Thread-Sam-Brownback-cuts-medicaid-funding-to-Planned-Parentood)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - BmorePat87 - 01-20-2016

(01-19-2016, 08:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So why don't we just offer the poor birth control and health services without offering abortions....    Why do we need PP for that....    Health clinics can do the same thing without offering abortions on demand.    

As far as population control ....  Why do you think we need it?   Maybe the problem isn't new births ....  It's length of life.    Maybe you would be more comfortable with a Logan's Run scenario?

You guys want to bring up gov money for single mothers.....  Maybe we should start promoting families again .... 2 parent homes.      

No one ever said stop birth control before pregnancy.    Take all the pills you want.... use condoms.  

But hey tell me all about your population control concerns?    I don't mind discussing this at all.

Because abortions are legal and have been for the last 40 years. As a society, we value access to safe medical procedures to prevent back alley procedures and home "remedies" like we once had in this country. 

Since not everyone knows to practice safe sex, we offer a valuable, legal service and provide education for the future. 

RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - Vas Deferens - 01-20-2016

I guess Lucy didn't want to advance this conversation after all. Not surprised.

RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - Belsnickel - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 07:23 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Because abortions are legal and have been for the last 40 years. As a society, we value access to safe medical procedures to prevent back alley procedures and home "remedies" like we once had in this country. 

Since not everyone knows to practice safe sex, we offer a valuable, legal service and provide education for the future. 

Not to mention, as I've pointed out every time this topic comes up, there is a portion of the population that makes too much for a free clinic, does not qualify for Medicaid (especially in those states that have not expanded it), and can't afford the full cost either because their insurance is shit or they have none. These people rely on PP, and places like it, because they work on a sliding scale.

RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - Vas Deferens - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 03:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not to mention, as I've pointed out every time this topic comes up, there is a portion of the population that makes too much for a free clinic, does not qualify for Medicaid (especially in those states that have not expanded it), and can't afford the full cost either because their insurance is shit or they have none. These people rely on PP, and places like it, because they work on a sliding scale.

This is what I've been talking about.  Every time we get to this point in the conversation, it just stalls.  There is no response from those championing the war on PP or abortions in general, just crickets.  Until another story hits their news feed and he comes and starts up another thread on the subject.  

We really need to just have one specific PP / abortion thread and continue the conversation there.  I believe there was an attempt at that long ago by one of the mods, but spammers gonna spam in an attempt to eschew facts and constructive dialogue.  

RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - bfine32 - 01-20-2016

Is there an application, background check and a waitng period for those requesting an abortion?

(01-20-2016, 05:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is there an application, background check and a waitng period for those requesting an abortion?

There is not.  Would you want the same for contraceptives in general?

RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - bfine32 - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 05:40 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There is not.  Would you want the same for contraceptives in general?

No. Also don't think we should have one for aspirin.

The point is: what measures are in place to ensure a rash decision doesn't cost a life (zygoate/fetus/bag of cells...)?

(01-20-2016, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No. Also don't think we should have one for aspirin.

The point is: what measures are in place to ensure a rash decision doesn't cost a life (zygoate/fetus/bag of cells...)?

Just as we deal with many issues in society, we put the onus on individuals to make the correct choice for themselves.    

RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - BmorePat87 - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The point is: what measures are in place to ensure a rash decision doesn't cost a life 

It varies by state, but there are restrictions on who can perform abortions to ensure the procedure is safe and does not harm the woman. So whether you thought a lot about this or decided one day to go out and get one, you can know that the person performing it is trained and your life should be safe.

(01-20-2016, 05:55 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Just as we deal with many issues in society, we put the onus on individuals to make the correct choice for themselves.    

But they are not the only ones affected by the choice. If I had a daughter that could get an abortion because next of kin (regardless of age) don't have to been alerted; I'd be livid.

I know the response it her life, her choice. But she only has a life because of a choice her mother made.

(01-20-2016, 06:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It varies by state, but there are restrictions on who can perform abortions to ensure the procedure is safe and does not harm the woman. So whether you thought a lot about this or decided one day to go out and get one, you can know that the person performing it is trained and your life should be safe.

Can't same the same for the other party involved.

If the mother had to suffer the same faith as the baby. I wonder how many mothers would do it for the welfare of the baby.

..........NOTICE: not using baby for any other reason that it is easier to type that anything someone else wants to call the being.  

(01-20-2016, 06:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But they are not the only ones affected by the choice. If I had a daughter that could get an abortion because next of kin (regardless of age) don't have to been alerted; I'd be livid.

I know the response it her life, her choice. But she only has a life because of a choice her mother made.

If you and her mother would like to impress these morals on your daughter prior to the situation in question, by all means.  

(01-20-2016, 07:12 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: If you and her mother would like to impress these morals on your daughter prior to the situation in question, by all means.  

So you think if a relative is willing to raise the unwanted child that should not be something we as a society should consider.

Young adults make dumb mistakes all the time. I see no problem with making abortion a "last resort" outside of it may be inconvenient or embarrassing for the mother.

Actions have consequences. 

(01-20-2016, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can't same the same for the other party involved.

I think the Doctor or nurse is safe too. 

RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - fredtoast - 01-20-2016

(01-19-2016, 06:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So they are helping them have children by aborting 47% of their children in New York City alone?   Explain how that math works out....

They provide reproductive health care that has nothing to do with abortion.

You can't be this stupid.

C'mon troll,  It is like you are not even trying.  Give me a challenge.

(01-20-2016, 07:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you think if a relative is willing to raise the unwanted child that should not be something we as a society should consider.

Young adults make dumb mistakes all the time. I see no problem with making abortion a "last resort" outside of it may be inconvenient or embarrassing for the mother.

If you are saying a pregnant woman should be forced to contact or reveal an abortion to their family, then no, it should not be a precursor to the procedure.

Again, if you have instilled that value in your children, you should have no problems here.  If a young woman is terrified to tell her parents of the situation because of the family dynamics and the manner in which she was raised, why would she want to place another child in that situation?

RE: Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood - fredtoast - 01-20-2016

(01-19-2016, 06:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have posted this study before when it was in the news.    I found it again here please disregard the site.   There are links within the article to the study and numbers.    It's In other places it will just take longer to find so in an effort to keep the discussion moving here it is

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/12/01/black-lives-matter-78-of-abortions-in-new-york-city-were-done-on-black-hispanic-babies/

How many of these abortions were done at PP?

(01-20-2016, 07:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you think if a relative is willing to raise the unwanted child that should not be something we as a society should consider.

So is there some law preventing you from telling your daughter that if she gets pregnant she should ask if a relative will raise the baby?

I don't get your point here.

Why are you asking the government to do your job as a parent?

Bfine, what if you decided to have a risky operation that could lead to your death. Who should be allowed to make that decision for you instead of you? Your death could affect your entire family. Does that give them the authority to forbid you to have the surgery?

(01-20-2016, 08:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So is there some law preventing you from telling your daughter that if she gets pregnant she should ask if a relative will raise the baby?

I don't get your point here.

Why are you asking the government to do your job as a parent?

News Flash: Kids are not perfect and sometimes make decisions they later regret. They are at the abortion clinic because they made a bad decision. 

The baby doesn't just belong to the mother; it belongs to whomever's blood flows through its veins.

What is the best reason for not having a vetting process? Because she doesn't have to?

We are not talking about getting ears pierced here. We are talking about terminating the life of your off-spring.