Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy (/Thread-Cuomo-issues-crackdown-on-LGBT-conversion-therapy)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - Rotobeast - 02-10-2016

A child needs to learn to deal with adversity, but bullying is dangerous.

Remember Columbine ?

I was a bullied fat kid.
I stood up to my bully, so he got help.
Two days later, I took a shot at him with a rifle.
I think I missed on purpose, but wanted that control of his life in my hands.
See how these things can get out of hand ?

RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - StLucieBengal - 02-10-2016

(02-10-2016, 12:25 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: A child needs to learn to deal with adversity, but bullying is dangerous.

Remember Columbine ?

I was a bullied fat kid.
I stood up to my bully, so he got help.
Two days later, I took a shot at him with a rifle.
I think I missed on purpose,  but wanted that control of his life in my hands.
See how these things can get out of hand ?

Of course it can get out of hand. Which is exactly why I have said you can just let loose with anythjng goes.

You stood up to your bully. You grew from that expierence.... Which everyone needs. You can't get bullied for the first time as an adult. You will have no idea how to deal with it ..... All kids are taught now is to run for an adult. So we will have adults running to their boss when it happens. For Some things you just need to stand up yourself.

RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - StLucieBengal - 02-10-2016

(02-09-2016, 11:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: You know in this situation growing up Lucy was the toady standing behind the bully talking crap.

Then he grows up to be a teacher so he can continue to "rule the school" and pretend he has power over people that are "lesser than him"  (savages).

Cool

Please tell us how you were bullied. And also how you defeated your bully.

I actually stood up for the weaker kids. I was pretty much a friend to all groups and it annoyed me when the fight wasn't fair.

RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - Vlad - 02-10-2016

(02-09-2016, 10:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Thanks for giving short, fat kids all over the world the opportunity to learn leadership by mocking their appearance. 
In the spirit of learning leadership through Lucie's bullying model, I would just like to take the time to single out you two geniuses IOT belittle your intelligence, but you're both probably too stupid to understand I'm doing this for your own good. Additionally, I don't want to hear either of you two whining because I'm not politically correct about your "feelings."

Actually you're the one that's too stupid. I have not stated my position on bullying, yet you jumped to conclusions because I said "short and fat" which offended you.  I do recall somewhere in these threads dino said something about himself being fat.
You may be surprised about how I feel about bullying.

You should know, what is the correct term used by the PC correct liberal a-hole these days?...vertically challenged and weighty?

Why were you bullied btw?

RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-10-2016

(02-09-2016, 10:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This Asian kid you are talking about deserves to not be robbed of the opportunity to stand up for themselves.

(02-10-2016, 01:07 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I actually stood up for the weaker kids.  

Why would you rob them of the opportunity to learn to stand up for themselves?  

(02-10-2016, 01:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Why would you rob them of the opportunity to learn to stand up for themselves?  

I explain this situation. in a previous post. Read back.

RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-10-2016

(02-09-2016, 08:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: On a personal note....  I hope my kids get bullied

As the fine father you are, make sure you tell your daughter's boyfriends to physically and mentally intimidate your daughters, make them feel like shit, verbally abuse them, maybe smack 'em around lightly for their own good. All part of your leadership course. Then when they come running to you for help, an adult, tell them you hoped this would happen and you don't want to rob them of this opportunity they need to learn how to stand up for themselves. 

You must be one helluva motivational speaker at the battered women's shelter where you volunteer. Allegedly. 

(02-10-2016, 01:51 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I explain this situation. in a previous post.  Read back.

How are they going to learn to do it for themselves if you robbed them of their opportunity?

RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - Nately120 - 02-10-2016

(02-10-2016, 01:07 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Please tell us how you were bullied.   And also how you defeated your bully.  

I was a freshman and two seniors who were on the football team bullied me.  I was scared, so I shot both of them.  I live in Florida so I became a national hero for the NRA.  Thank you.

(02-10-2016, 01:34 AM)Vlad Wrote: Actually you're the one that's too stupid. I have not stated my position on bullying, yet you jumped to conclusions because I said "short and fat" which offended you.  I do recall somewhere in these threads dino said something about himself being fat.
You may be surprised about how I feel about bullying.

You should know, what is the correct term used by the PC correct liberal a-hole these days?...vertically challenged and weighty?

Why were you bullied btw?

Uh, yeah ya did state your position, genius. It wasn't because you wrote "short and fat". It was because you attempted to make fun of someone else for being bullied. I don't need you to lie to me about how you feel about bullying when your actions speak louder than words. 

RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - Vlad - 02-10-2016

(02-10-2016, 02:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Uh, yeah ya did state your position, genius. It wasn't because you wrote "short and fat". It was because you attempted to make fun of someone else for being bullied. I don't need you to lie to me about how you feel about bullying when your actions speak louder than words. 

LOL, man you are slow. So if it wasn't about me writing "short and fat" then in what other possible way was I making fun?

Also genius... you could read my words but what exactly were my actions? A brilliant piece of work that was.

Let there be no question though, I am making fun of you.

(02-10-2016, 02:48 AM)Vlad Wrote: LOL, man you are slow. So if it wasn't about me writing "short and fat" then in what other possible way was I making fun?

Also genius... you could read my words but what exactly were my actions? A brilliant piece of work that was.

Let there be no question though, I am making fun of you.

"It was because you attempted to make fun of someone for being bullied."

It was right there in plain English. I don't expect you to understand after reading it again. English is why conservatives are so under represented in the media. Hell, just today Lucie wrote, "your an idiot."  I find it especially funny when someone insults my intelligence, but can't write a sentence on a 4th grade level. 

(02-10-2016, 02:09 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How are they going to learn to do it for themselves if you robbed them of their opportunity?

They learn the valuable life lesson to trust in others and that not all people are bad.

(02-10-2016, 02:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I was a freshman and two seniors who were on the football team bullied me.  I was scared, so I shot both of them.  I live in Florida so I became a national hero for the NRA.  Thank you.

(02-10-2016, 03:18 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They learn the valuable life lesson to trust in others and that not all people are bad.

That still doesn't teach them to stand up for themselves which is the important part of being bullied according to you. How will they learn to get back up after they fall?  How will they build character?  How will they learn coping skills? How will they learn how to stand up for the weak? Or any of that other silly bullshit you wrote? So good job of robbing them of their opportunity to learn how to stand up for themselves. 

RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - fredtoast - 02-10-2016

(02-10-2016, 01:01 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Of course it can get out of hand.   Which is exactly why I have said you can just let loose with anythjng goes.    

You stood up to your bully.   You grew from that expierence.... Which everyone needs.   You can't get bullied for the first time as an adult.    You will have no idea how to deal with it .....   All kids are taught now is to run for an adult.  So we will have adults running to their boss when it happens.   For Some things you just need to stand up yourself.

Wow, really hard for me to take any of this serious coming from you.

Your consistent advice to anyone who has not been treated properly is "run away".  you never once suggest that some one stand up for his rights.  A restaurant won't serve your wife, you just slink out and go someplace else.  Boss doesn't treat you fair at work?  Just run away and find another job.  Your rights are being denied where you live.  Just run away to someplace where your rights are protected.

So why would you suddenly care about standing up to anyone when your ethos is based on "running away"?

RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - bfine32 - 02-10-2016

(02-10-2016, 03:17 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: English is why conservatives are so under represented in the media.
Either that or higher paying jobs.

RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - Nately120 - 02-10-2016

(02-10-2016, 03:20 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:

I realize I'm odd, but why is it that we accept a grown man shooting another grown man for attacking him but we expect kids to sack up and duke it out with their fists?  Nuts to that.  If I'm a kid and some overgrown jock wants to fight me against my will I should be able to blow a hole in him.  Maybe that will make the next jock think twice before picking on the skinny kid in the AV Club.

(02-10-2016, 03:44 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That still doesn't teach them to stand up for themselves which is the important part of being bullied according to you. How will they learn to get back up after they fall?  How will they build character?  How will they learn coping skills? How will they learn how to stand up for the weak? Or any of that other silly bullshit you wrote? So good job of robbing them of their opportunity to learn how to stand up for themselves. 

Well if they don't stand up then at least they know they are cowards. Better to know that early. Hopefully their parents show the right way or maybe a teacher. There will be some kids who are cowards out there just as we have adult cowards. Better it's all out there early then at least they can find friends who maybe aren't cowards.

I have zero interest in protecting kids from these lessons. I think they are important and it's a shame we shy away from letting kids learn these lessons. This is why we have soft Millennials.

(02-10-2016, 03:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize I'm odd, but why is it that we accept a grown man shooting another grown man for attacking him but we expect kids to sack up and duke it out with their fists?  Nuts to that.  If I'm a kid and some overgrown jock wants to fight me against my will I should be able to blow a hole in him.  Maybe that will make the next jock think twice before picking on the skinny kid in the AV Club.

Well hopefully kids learn that a fist fight is better alternative. They will never learn that lesson unless they are given a chance to deal with a bully.

Today's bullying is odd given all the social media. So I bet a lot of this is passive.