Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body (/Thread-Proof-of-evolution-that-you-can-find-on-your-body)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - bfine32 - 03-22-2016

(03-22-2016, 02:00 PM)Beaker Wrote: And you continue to post ridiculous statements like saying it means man came from a rock.

Removed the rest to eliminate the hate and bitterness. I'll pray.

What would be the most simple way to explain abiogenesis?

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - GMDino - 03-22-2016

(03-22-2016, 02:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Removed the rest to eliminate the hate and bitterness. I'll pray.

What would be the most simple way to explain abiogenesis?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

Quote:Scientists speculate that life may have arisen as a result of random chemical processes happening to produce self-replicating molecules.

Not a "rock".

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Bengalzona - 03-22-2016

(03-22-2016, 02:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: I am sure some would claim that since we have binocular vision with eyes in front, and cannot see in as wide an arc as prey animals with eyes on the sides of their heads, that that would be evidence that our vision has gotten worse.

My vision can only see stuff on video screens. Ninja

(03-22-2016, 02:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

Not a "rock".

Alrighty, select the non-living object of your choice.

(03-22-2016, 02:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Alrighty, select the non-living object of your choice.

Define "non living".

(03-22-2016, 02:00 PM)Beaker Wrote: Religion is the most devisive paradigm on the planet.

No. Nationalism, racism, ethnicity, etc. are all on equal footing with religion as far as being divisive. Humans have proven remarkably adept at finding and promoting any differences with other humans in order to exploit those differences for pursuit of wealth and power. It is what we do.

(03-22-2016, 01:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry had to get back to this one.

One passage mentions the earth being a circle.

From the same link:
Not that flat Earth theory had not already started to crumble by the time of the great Greek philosophers...but enough with the line that the bible mentioned it "long before" science did.  That is the mere repeating of a belief...not necessarily a truthful statement.
Damn it!!! If he just would have said "I designed a flat Earth that rests on the back of a Giant Turtle; you'd "have him". Unfortunately the best you can do now is suggest he didn't mean round when he said circle. Disproving God can be so hard some times.

(03-22-2016, 02:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Define "non living".

It wouldn't matter.

(03-22-2016, 02:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn it!!! If he just would have said "I designed a flat Earth that rests on the back of a Giant Turtle; you'd "have him". Unfortunately the best you can do now is suggest he didn't mean round when he said circle. Disproving God can be so hard some times.

*I* did not suggest anything.  The site did.  And it cited other passages to back it up.

How far back do I have to go?

Plato said the Earth was a sphere but offered no explanation.

http://launchistory.blogspot.com/2012/06/history-of-round-earth-theory.html

So 375 BC or so.

Isaiah, based on a couple sources I saw, was started around 740 BC...but written over a number of centuries by different authors.

I'm not trying to "disprove" god.  I'm trying to show that a blanket statement like the one made doesn't hold up to scrutiny when looked at in the context of the entire bible.

It doesn't matter one iota if the bible says the earth is round or if it says the earth if a square as long as "believers" understand that science has proven it is round and they don't ignore that fact due to their "faith".

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Beaker - 03-22-2016

(03-22-2016, 02:26 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: No. Nationalism, racism, ethnicity, etc. are all on equal footing with religion as far as being divisive. Humans have proven remarkably adept at finding and promoting any differences with other humans in order to exploit those differences for pursuit of wealth and power. It is what we do.

I disagree. You have people of the same race killing each other over religion. You have people of the same nationalities killing each other over religion. You have people of the same ethnicity killing each other over religion. Man has killed each other over many things in human history. But none as consistently as over religious differences.

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Beaker - 03-22-2016

(03-22-2016, 02:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It wouldn't matter.

Just as abiogenesis doesnt matter in the context of an evolution discussion.

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - BmorePat87 - 03-22-2016

(03-22-2016, 02:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Disproving God can be so hard some times.

I admit that I don't know the context of your back and forth with GMDino, but no one has to disprove god. Until someone proves the existence of god, there's nothing to disprove. 

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Benton - 03-22-2016

(03-22-2016, 02:26 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: No. Nationalism, racism, ethnicity, etc. are all on equal footing with religion as far as being divisive. Humans have proven remarkably adept at finding and promoting any differences with other humans in order to exploit those differences for pursuit of wealth and power. It is what we do.

Agreed. People want more. They'll justify that through whatever divisiveness they can find — race, religion, social class, nationality, etc.

(03-22-2016, 02:44 PM)Beaker Wrote: I disagree. You have people of the same race killing each other over religion. You have people of the same nationalities killing each other over religion. You have people of the same ethnicity killing each other over religion. Man has killed each other over many things in human history. But none as consistently as over religious differences.

Correlation and causation. You have people of the same religion killing each other over race, nationalities, money and everything else. Pick up most daily papers and you'll find a story about Muslims killing Muslims, mostly about boundaries that haven't ever existed, or in some loose cases, money. It's not uncommon to find Christians killing Christians for the same reasons, we just focus more on Muslims at the moment.

To the bold, no way. Money — in whatever form you want to call it, from land to gold to resources to paper bills — has been the number one motivator for violence throughout history.

(03-22-2016, 02:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: Just as abiogenesis doesnt matter in the context of an evolution discussion.

I didn't bring the term up; someone else did. I merely pointed to the fact that they did and desribed it in its simpliest forms. I just erroneously used the term rock to describe an non-living object.

How can one discuss evolution without considering what we evolved from?

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - michaelsean - 03-22-2016

(03-22-2016, 02:44 PM)Beaker Wrote: I disagree. You have people of the same race killing each other over religion. You have people of the same nationalities killing each other over religion. You have people of the same ethnicity killing each other over religion. Man has killed each other over many things in human history. But none as consistently as over religious differences.

Man has killed each other over what other men have had since the beginning of mankind without stop.  Be it land, food, other riches, it has gone on uninterrupted.

(03-22-2016, 02:44 PM). Beaker Wrote: I disagree. You have people of the same race killing each other over religion. You have people of the same nationalities killing each other over religion. You have people of the same ethnicity killing each other over religion. Man has killed each other over many things in human history. But none as consistently as over religious differences.

You have people of the same religion killing each other over race (ex. Elaine Massacre, U.S.). You have people of the same religion killing each other over nationality (ex. Europe in WWI and WWII, Greek city-states in ancient times). You have people of the same religion killing each other over ethnicity (ex. Rwanda, 1990's).

And people in modern times have not been real consistent about killing each other over religion. Religion versus religion violence in modern society almost never occurs without some mix of politics, nationalism, ethnicity, etc. This was even true as far back as the crusades. And it all comes back to the same root cause: humans wanting power and wealth and seeing religious, nationality, racial, etc. differences as tools to exploit and obtain what they desire.

(03-22-2016, 02:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: *I* did not suggest anything.  The site did.  And it cited other passages to back it up.

Sure you did; you posted it.

(03-22-2016, 02:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I admit that I don't know the context of your back and forth with GMDino, but no one has to disprove god. Until someone proves the existence of god, there's nothing to disprove. 

Has it ever stopped anyone from trying?

(03-22-2016, 02:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I admit that I don't know the context of your back and forth with GMDino, but no one has to disprove god. Until someone proves the existence of god, there's nothing to disprove. 

So atheism is a foolish notion, since there is no God to disprove?

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Brownshoe - 03-22-2016

(03-22-2016, 03:16 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: So atheism is a foolish notion, since there is no God to disprove?

No, atheism is the rejection of the notion that there is a God.