Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Conspiracy Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: The Conspiracy Thread (/Thread-The-Conspiracy-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: The Conspiracy Thread - Rotobeast - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I will be happy to do the reading myself.  Just tell me where to go.

I "see" SIRI, but I don't see it recording personal conversations and selling the info to marketers.

But I am willing to learn.

Haven't you ever wondered why the simplest of phone apps ask for every permission imaginable to be installed on your phone ? 

RE: The Conspiracy Thread - Vas Deferens - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I will be happy to do the reading myself.  Just tell me where to go.

I "see" SIRI, but I don't see it recording personal conversations and selling the info to marketers.

But I am willing to learn.

The nuts and bolts are there are devices with microphones that 'always listening'.  In the vast majority of cases, it is listening for a command to begin an interaction with the user "Siri, where is the closest adult video store", "Alexa, define gang bang".  The command is essential at this time for these services to work.  After the command, your speech is turned into text, processed and results returned.  All audio are NOT being databased as it stands today.  There is not enough storage capacity in the world to do as such.  The text of your interactions are META TAGGED (see Snowden) and stored in certain circumstances for future repurposing.     

As new players enter the market, they have less experience with the technology and end up listening to and databasing more than even they possibly intended.  Furthermore, a lot of these companies are outsourcing the translation piece of the equation which opens up more possible fault lines.

The examples I provided are not even on the nefarious end of the spectrum.  They are services a consumer seeks out and actively uses.  But the opportunity for ulterior use is clear, present and undeniable.  There are plenty of well documented pseudo-conspiracies surrounding this technology in the FB app.  While they have consistently denied any other use than associating and tagging a post with songs / TV shows through passive listening, there is no way for the common user to know when other 'FB experiments' or straight up tech glitches are occurring.  

Back to my statement "This is happening.  Trust me."  While you can make an argument that background noise / conversations could fall under the umbrella of 'stated intent'; anything that is said by other individuals will be associated with your profile; much like location based geo-targeting.  Add to that the new players mentioned above along with major tech companies need to placate government requests for your information and you better move somewhere without electricity if you want any semblance of privacy at this point.  

This is a pretty good layman's article to start you down the rabbit hole, and this is a year removed.    

Again, I'm not even saying this is a huge deal or even a conspiracy.  We live in a different time and everyone's expectations need to be inline with the technology around them.  I personally enjoy the benefits of these technologies, but I also know I'm not doing anything of merit and am knowledgeable enough to defend against broadcasting information that could end up in the wrong people's hands.  All I'm saying is whether its keyword tagging by Amazon to sell you a new **** ring or the state of TN wanting to make the meta contents of a marital spat discoverable, its all possible at this point should the juice warrant the squeeze.  

RE: The Conspiracy Thread - fredtoast - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 09:12 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: The nuts and bolts are there are devices with microphones that 'always listening'.  In the vast majority of cases, it is listening for a command to begin an interaction with the user "Siri, where is the closest adult video store", "Alexa, define gang bang".  The command is essential at this time for these services to work.  After the command, your speech is turned into text, processed and results returned.  All audio are NOT being databased as it stands today.  There is not enough storage capacity in the world to do as such.  The text of your interactions are META TAGGED (see Snowden) and stored in certain circumstances for future repurposing.     

As new players enter the market, they have less experience with the technology and end up listening to and databasing more than even they possibly intended.  Furthermore, a lot of these companies are outsourcing the translation piece of the equation which opens up more possible fault lines.

The examples I provided are not even on the nefarious end of the spectrum.  They are services a consumer seeks out and actively uses.  But the opportunity for ulterior use is clear, present and undeniable.  There are plenty of well documented pseudo-conspiracies surrounding this technology in the FB app.  While they have consistently denied any other use than associating and tagging a post with songs / TV shows through passive listening, there is no way for the common user to know when other 'FB experiments' or straight up tech glitches are occurring.  

Back to my statement "This is happening.  Trust me."  While you can make an argument that background noise / conversations could fall under the umbrella of 'stated intent'; anything that is said by other individuals will be associated with your profile; much like location based geo-targeting.  Add to that the new players mentioned above along with major tech companies need to placate government requests for your information and you better move somewhere without electricity if you want any semblance of privacy at this point.  

This is a pretty good layman's article to start you down the rabbit hole, and this is a year removed.    

Again, I'm not even saying this is a huge deal or even a conspiracy.  We live in a different time and everyone's expectations need to be inline with the technology around them.  I personally enjoy the benefits of these technologies, but I also know I'm not doing anything of merit and am knowledgeable enough to defend against broadcasting information that could end up in the wrong people's hands.  All I'm saying is whether its keyword tagging by Amazon to sell you a new **** ring or the state of TN wanting to make the meta contents of a marital spat discoverable, its all possible at this point should the juice warrant the squeeze.  

I still do not understand.  If the TV hears everything then it would constantly be changing channels based on what you say. right?  Or Siri would be answering every question you ask anyone in the room.  How does it separate a question you ask the TV from a question you ask a friend in the room?

RE: The Conspiracy Thread - michaelsean - 04-25-2016

I wanna hear the God stuff, DA.

RE: The Conspiracy Thread - Rotobeast - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 10:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I wanna hear the God stuff, DA.

Seconded....

RE: The Conspiracy Thread - Vas Deferens - 04-26-2016

(04-25-2016, 10:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I still do not understand.  If the TV hears everything then it would constantly be changing channels based on what you say. right?  Or Siri would be answering every question you ask anyone in the room.  How does it separate a question you ask the TV from a question you ask a friend in the room?

I'll get back to this tomorrow, but the command is what activates the interaction with the device, doesn't mean your conversations are not being listened to and dumped unless certain meta data triggers are present. 

(04-25-2016, 10:37 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Seconded....

Add me to this list.  Many others as well I'm sure. 

RE: The Conspiracy Thread - Devils Advocate - 04-26-2016

Don't worry guys I'm putting it together ...

RE: The Conspiracy Thread - SteelCitySouth - 04-26-2016

(04-25-2016, 10:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I still do not understand.  If the TV hears everything then it would constantly be changing channels based on what you say. right?  Or Siri would be answering every question you ask anyone in the room.  How does it separate a question you ask the TV from a question you ask a friend in the room?

No.  What he is saying in a nutshell is that since Siri, Google Now, and many smart Tv's are always listening for specific command words by the user to then preform a requested operation, by default that enables the same technology to be also set to begin recording and transmitting conversations when preset words are used by the user.

For example if I were to right now say "Ok Google, where is the nearest tinfoil hat store?"  Google would provide me with the address of DA and VD.

Now lets say the government has some how installed other Que words such as Bomb, Killing, allahu akbar, the scenario would go like this.

You and I are watching our favorite program on Al Jezeera discussing our next terrorist plot and, due to your fervent excitement, you let our a jubilant allahu akbar.  The smart TV que's on that word, begins to record the interaction and sends it to the FBI or possibly to Lucie.  Probably not Lucie though, he only gets the conversations about Trans men and women that want to shove their junk in his daughters face.

RE: The Conspiracy Thread - fredtoast - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 10:45 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: No.  What he is saying in a nutshell is that since Siri, Google Now, and many smart Tv's are always listening for specific command words by the user to then preform a requested operation, by default that enables the same technology to be also set to begin recording and transmitting conversations when preset words are used by the user.

For example if I were to right now say "Ok Google, where is the nearest tinfoil hat store?"  Google would provide me with the address of DA and VD.

Now lets say the government has some how installed other Que words such as Bomb, Killing, allahu akbar, the scenario would go like this.

You and I are watching our favorite program on Al Jezeera discussing our next terrorist plot and, due to your fervent excitement, you let our a jubilant allahu akbar.  The smart TV que's on that word, begins to record the interaction and sends it to the FBI or possibly to Lucie.  Probably not Lucie though, he only gets the conversations about Trans men and women that want to shove their junk in his daughters face.

Okay, I can see the theory, but I still don't see any proof it is happening.

(04-26-2016, 11:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay, I can see the theory, but I still don't see any proof it is happening.

Right because it is not.  It just can.

RE: The Conspiracy Thread - Belsnickel - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 11:04 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Right because it is not.  It just can.

As far as we know. Ninja

RE: The Conspiracy Thread - Rotobeast - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 12:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As far as we know. Ninja

This all reminds me of a segment from The Kentucky Fried Movie, where newscasters can see a couple make love, through the television set.

(04-26-2016, 12:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As far as we know. Ninja

Yeah.  The logistics of collecting and evaluating that data is insane.  That being said, it would be very easy for the tech world to figure that crap out and fast with undeniable proof.

(04-26-2016, 01:01 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: This all reminds me of a segment from The Kentucky Fried Movie, where newscasters can see a couple make love, through the television set.

Being watched through the TV is a common sign of extreme paranoia.

I dated a girl for a while who had some serious history of mental illness in her family.  She seemed normal, but her brother was so crazy he had set himself on fire.  One time her father was in the hospital and her sister came from out of town.  Her sister was a mother and had a job.  She seemed very normal,  But she insisted that they turn all the television screens toward the wall.

(04-26-2016, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Being watched through the TV is a common sign of extreme paranoia.

I dated a girl for a while who had some serious history of mental illness in her family.  She seemed normal, but her brother was so crazy he had set himself on fire.  One time her father was in the hospital and her sister came from out of town.  Her sister was a mother and had a job.  She seemed very normal,  But she insisted that they turn all the television screens toward the wall.

Wow......
Shocked

But.... was she good in the sack ?
Confused

RE: The Conspiracy Thread - BengalsRocker - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 08:04 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Wow......
Shocked

But.... was she good in the sack ?
Confused
It appeared so from my video feed.  I just wish I could have blurred out Fred.

(04-26-2016, 08:36 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It appeared so from my video feed.  I just wish I could have blurred out Fred.

From what I heard, Fred was a blur....  *rim shot*
Hilarious

Sorry Fred, the temptation of low hanging fruit and all.
(See, I set you up for the next one. Take it away! ThumbsUp )

On topic..... hmmmmm.....

Do you think Bigfoot is a holographic image that allows The Grays to visit Earth, without being physically threatened ?
OR..... Is Bigfoot a trans-dimentional being that takes a wrong turn now and again, saying "Ah shit, not this Earth, again!".

Ninja

(04-26-2016, 08:04 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: But.... was she good in the sack ?
Confused

Actually she was.  That was the main reason I kept dating her despite her crazy family.

I really liked the girl, but I knew that many serious mental illnesses do not appear until a person reaches their 30's.

(04-26-2016, 08:52 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Do you think Bigfoot is a holographic image that allows The Grays to visit Earth, without being physically threatened ?
OR..... Is Bigfoot a trans-dimentional being that takes a wrong turn now and again, saying "Ah shit, not this Earth, again!".

Ninja

I have another theory

[Image: image1281763x.jpg]

RE: The Conspiracy Thread - GMDino - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 08:52 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Do you think Bigfoot is a holographic image that allows The Grays to visit Earth, without being physically threatened ?

Ninja

That is a legitimate theory in the Bigfoot societies.

I have a friend who ran the PA one for awhile and I've interviewed (back in my radio days) a man who wrote a whole book on the Bigfoot / UFO link.

Nervous