Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2019-NFL-Draft-Discussion-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We have plenty of time to trash our new HC who is responsible for the draft and development of players. I will give the new guy 8 games before I trash him, not on draft night number 2 and 3 picks.

Just like we’re waiting to see how his coaching staff works out...

I guess we should shut the board down until the season starts.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Drew Sample.  Nervous

Cheater!!  Ninja

I admitted to forgetting his name, but i didn't fall for it. Big Grin

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nately120 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just like we’re waiting to see how his coaching staff works out...

I guess we should shut the board down until the season starts.

Part of the fun of being a nobody is being able to toss predictions out there without it actually affecting anything.  I can't be this reckless in my normal job, so I will gleefully make all the semi-educated guesses related to football that I can.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is why i hate debating with most people on here. You're not even paying attention. I erased everything you typed after that sentence without even reading it. 

I already said, more than once, that he's a good player to have on the team and i think he has potential to do more in the passing game than he did at Washington, since they didn't really use him much. 

But...

I'll say it again. 

Whether or not the Bengals have (i already forgot his name, that's how inconsequential i veiw him) that TE guy on the team, is not going to help decide whether the Bengals are good or not. 

They wasted a 2nd round pick when it more likely than not that he was going to be there a couple rounds later. 

For those keeping score, two other TEs were taken after the Bengals pick. Both in the 3rd round. Both pass catching TEs.

Guess what round is coming up next tomorrow?
Guess where the Bengals pick?

So your argument the Bengals screwed up drafting the best run blocking TE in the draft because 2 pass catchers followed? 

I say Eifert is a great pass catching TE, I would argue Uzomah is a better pass catching TE than guys drafted in 3rd round.

We have 2 pass catching TE's, we don't have a good or great run blocking or pass blocking TE for max protection. We do now with Sample.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - J24 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: McAfee was the guy who retired to be a stand-up comedian, right?

Podcast guy

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - sandwedge - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know why people have to try to justify EVERY single Bengals move as good.

From the Hart signing.  To the team drafting a replacement to Hart. To Hart being good enough to possibly switch to Guard. To Sample being a valuable pick. etc.

Obviously, when you don't win a playoff game in 28 years...not every move you make is great and largely the same braintrust is in charge.
Or bad......

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Bengalholic - 04-26-2019

My take so far, for whatever the hell it's worth  Mellow ...

Rd 1 - Bengals got the most complete offensive lineman in the draft, and in the process instantly made the line and the offense better.

Rd 2 - I would guess that Taylor wanted to make sure he got Sample because he's a perfect fit for what he wants to do with this offense and how important the run game and play action pass will be. Getting a guy who is possibly the best inline blocking TE in the draft, and at least a dependable short range receiver, solidifies a needed piece in Taylor's system. I agree he should of probably went at least a round later, but if he winds up being what I suspect he will be, it won't really matter that he was picked a round or two before he should've been.

Rd 3 - They addressed a huge need at LB with a guy, who even though he has some rawness and needs some refining, brings coverage skills that we desperately need and holds his own in the run game, while bringing a nice combination of overall athleticism and ability to keep getting better.

Overall, I'm pretty damn happy how it's played out so far.

(04-26-2019, 11:56 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Podcast guy

He seems to be going for that audience that was left in the lurch when Morton Downey Jr. died.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - BonnieBengal - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope. Not gonna happen. Not going to praise everything my team does either just to try to make myself feel better.

You don’t have any idea if they made a bad pick or not. You won’t know for about 2 or 3 years.

(04-26-2019, 11:57 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You don’t have any idea if they made a bad pick or not. You won’t know for about 2 or 3 years.

I said the same thing to my 3rd wife.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - NKURyan - 04-27-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is why i hate debating with most people on here. You're not even paying attention. I erased everything you typed after that sentence without even reading it. 

I already said, more than once, that he's a good player to have on the team and i think he has potential to do more in the passing game than he did at Washington, since they didn't really use him much. 

But...

I'll say it again. 

Whether or not the Bengals have (i already forgot his name, that's how inconsequential i veiw him) that TE guy on the team, is not going to help decide whether the Bengals are good or not. 

They wasted a 2nd round pick when it more likely than not that he was going to be there a couple rounds later. 

For those keeping score, two other TEs were taken after the Bengals pick. Both in the 3rd round. Both pass catching TEs.

Guess what round is coming up next tomorrow?
Guess where the Bengals pick?

Nobody has any idea where he would end up going had we not picked him. It's all just conjecture and guesswork. If the Bengals liked him enough and felt he was worth it, go for it. It didn't cost them any LBs. Looking at the guys who went in between their picks, it might have cost them a fourth string WR or DB or a rotational DL. I bet they get more use out of Sample than they would had they taken most of those guys.

And I get it, maybe those other guys have more upside than Sample and you get more from them a year or two down the road. On that, I'll just have to defer to the coaches.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - zygrot24 - 04-27-2019

The fact is, not one team would have took sample before the 4th round. Stop saying "you dont know that" yes we do. All the experts know that. They reached , really really badly. If you want to say, yeah they reached but i like the guy and trust taylor, that is fine. But to say they didn't, or know body knows is just stupid

(04-26-2019, 11:56 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Podcast guy

He actually works for the WWE, too.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 04-27-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:40 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Gronks the best blocking TE ever.

He wasn't drafted as a blocking TE that would be "adequate" in the passing game.

*wrong answer buzzer sounds louder and more obnoxiously*

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-27-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: McAfee was the guy who retired to be a stand-up comedian, right?

I thought he invented some computer thing and shot his neighbor?

(04-27-2019, 12:01 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: The fact is, not one team would have took sample before the 4th round. Stop saying "you dont know that" yes we do. All the experts know that. They reached , really really badly.  If you want to say, yeah they reached but i like the guy and trust taylor, that is fine. But to say they didn't,  or know body knows is just stupid

Saying the experts know that just doesn't really mean all that much to me. The experts said Jawaan Taylor was a top ten guy. How they rate guys and how teams in the NFL rate guys don't always line up.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nately120 - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 12:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought he invented some computer thing and shot his neighbor?

You're thinking of Jordan Palmer and Dick Cheney, respectively. 

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-27-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Cheater!!  Ninja

I admitted to forgetting his name, but i didn't fall for it. Big Grin

lol

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-27-2019

(04-26-2019, 11:57 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You don’t have any idea if they made a bad pick or not. You won’t know for about 2 or 3 years.

Yes, I do know. We took a guy two rounds too early. That being a bad pick is undeniable.

I'd like to see them add a DE. How about this Oshane Ximines guy? That's a fun name.