Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2020-NFL-Draft-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 01:28 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: They coached Harrison Bryant TE at the Senior Bowl. Same with Akeem Gaither. That's why I think it'll be one of those 2 guys.

Prince Wenego is there though with the other Guards in Kindley and Simpson.
Anae and Alton Robinson are there for DE
Moss at TE
Dye at LB also
They could even go WR again with Antonio Gandy Golden, Coulter from RI, Gabriel Davis, or Tyler Johnson from Minnesota. All steals in the 4th Rd.

Again, they're sitting pretty with guys we have talked about them getting or needing.

I'm excited for tomorrow, I kind of hope they trade down for an extra pick. Too many good talents still....

I mean, with that many good Guards and OL there we should still be able to get one of them in the 5th.

Might be a great time to grab a talented BPA like a TE, DE or LB no doubt Jersey. 

Great Draft so far and we have the pick of the litter. Cool

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 01:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’ll be able to do it for a few years, but it’ll eventually catch up with him. Maybe drafting Dobbins they plan to not have Lamar lead the team in rushing going forward. Hopefully right around the time Lamar is wearing down, Burrow is just coming into his prime...

I honestly thought the Dobbins pick was their best pick for keeping Lamar around. They did well there for sure.

Think Dobbins is special and I am no OSU fan.

I feel the same, maybe a few years and Burrow will come into his prime and we will take over. Steelers in the basement. Pitt Sux

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - leonardfan40 - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 01:28 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: They coached Harrison Bryant TE at the Senior Bowl. Same with Akeem Gaither. That's why I think it'll be one of those 2 guys.

Prince Wenego is there though with the other Guards in Kindley and Simpson.
Anae and Alton Robinson are there for DE
Moss at TE
Dye at LB also
They could even go WR again with Antonio Gandy Golden, Coulter from RI, Gabriel Davis, or Tyler Johnson from Minnesota. All steals in the 4th Rd.

Again, they're sitting pretty with guys we have talked about them getting or needing.

I'm excited for tomorrow, I kind of hope they trade down for an extra pick. Too many good talents still....

Yep, the more I think about it I’d say Bryant or Dye at 107. Won’t complain to one bit if they decided to go o line but I think the best value is Bryant. Think these will be the last of the LB’s that will be any kind of an upgrade for us too if we wanted to double up. Could find another depth OL in the 5th.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Whodey614 - 04-25-2020

I remember Muti getting hype as the best guard but he has massive injury concerns. Wouldn't hate the risk in the 4th though. The only question is can he play on the right side? or maybe MJ slides to RG where he played freshman year in college.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - McC - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 01:21 AM)Synric Wrote: I really like the Bengals draft don't get me wrong. Burrow enough said. Higgins the outside receiver they needed and Logan Wilson a very good linebacker.

But damn still feels like they are treading water in the AFC North.

We started from way behind.  But we're making progress.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - The Stars In Stripes - 04-25-2020

I have some good feelings about having an Auburn dude playing RT for us...Big Willie!!!! But is Prince worthy of the pick? Possibly start at RT? Then grab Simpson, Biadasz, or Kindley in the 5th???

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - schroomytunes - 04-25-2020

I’d be happy for one of these guys in order:

1) John Simpson-LG

2) Curtis weaver-de

3) Thaddeus Moss-TE

4) ADG-OLB

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - JerseyDD09 - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 01:34 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I mean, with that many good Guards and OL there we should still be able to get one of them in the 5th.

Might be a great time to grab a talented BPA like a TE, DE or LB no doubt Jersey. 

Great Draft so far and we have the pick of the litter. Cool

I just saw that there's a lot of players still ranked in Jeremiah's Top 150 in the 60's range that we could get starting with Burrow's buddy Saadiq Charles!

Rank 63---Saadiq Charles OT
Rank 71---Harrison Bryant TE
Rank 75---Bradlee Anae, Edge (killed the South team in the Senior Bowl).
Rank 77---Curtis Weaver  Edge
Rank 78---John Hightower  WR
Rank 79---Antonio Gandy Golden  WR   MY PERSONAL FAVORITE
Rank 82---Ben Bartch  OT   (Showed well at the Senior Bowl)
Rank 89---James Lynch   DE   (He's fierce, big Lumber jack looking dude) I thought Carolina would nab him by now
Rank 95---Akeem Davis- Gaither, LB  (Another Senior Bowl player and maybe their pick here)

They could trade down 9 spots and still land one of these players, and I'm just fine with that. I didn't even add MOSS into this equation or any of the other WR's around these picks. So much talent in this draft!!!

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - BURROWorBUST - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 01:21 AM)Synric Wrote: I really like the Bengals draft don't get me wrong. Burrow enough said. Higgins the outside receiver they needed and Logan Wilson a very good linebacker.

Everybody is getting better in this draft (well, maybe not Miami). No worries, at the end of the day, we get a QB and a WR who played for a national title against one another. And a lineback with above average modern day skills fpr the position and an old school motor and toughness to him. I like this draft so far. ALOT!! 

As for my own mocks...well, I got one guy right so far.  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - sandwedge - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 01:58 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I just saw that there's a lot of players still ranked in Jeremiah's Top 150 in the 60's range that we could get starting with Burrow's buddy Saadiq Charles!

Rank 89---James Lynch   DE   (He's fierce, big Lumber jack looking dude) I thought Carolina would nab him by now
Rank 95---Akeem Davis- Gaither, LB  (Another Senior Bowl player and maybe their pick here)

They could trade down 9 spots and still land one of these players, and I'm just fine with that. I didn't even add MOSS into this equation or any of the other WR's around these picks. So much talent in this draft!!!
I've been sitting here quietly thinking AGG! Probably not in the cards, but who knows....  While he's my dude, I won't be to upset if the team goes a different way. I think they have knocked it out of the park!

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - sandwedge - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 02:01 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Everybody is getting better in this draft (well, maybe not Miami). No worries, at the end of the day, we get a QB and a WR who played for a national title against one another. And a lineback with above average modern day skills fpr the position and an old school motor and toughness to him. I like this draft so far. ALOT!! 

As for my own mocks...well, I got one guy right so far.  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I'm 2 out of 3 so far. I'm pretty sure most except one got the first pick right...…..

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - pulses - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 01:58 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I just saw that there's a lot of players still ranked in Jeremiah's Top 150 in the 60's range that we could get starting with Burrow's buddy Saadiq Charles!

I'm thinking they go Bryant to help open up the middle of the field more.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 04-25-2020

Really think we need to go offensive line here. More competition never hurts. I'm liking

Prince Tega Wanogho or Solomon Kindley.

I like Ben Bartch as well. Small school prospect that could have a ton of upside.

Ideally wouldn't mind seeing a OT in the 4th then bring in someone like Jason Peters for a year and let the rookie develop. And then potentially grab a LB or a OG to compete with our guys. There's also seemingly a lot of value for spots that I don't consider as heavily a need so that could also happen.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - HarleyDog - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 12:11 AM)grampahol Wrote: As my father said many many MANY TIMES.."Wait'll you get to be my age." Well, I did get to be his age many times over from the first time he said it, but I'll probably never get to his age when he died. (91)  .............
I was going somewhere with this, but I forgot what it was.. See what getting old does for ya? You can ramble on endlessly and nobody seems to mind..  Go to bed.. lol

We love your rambling. Plus, your fishing brings victories.

(04-25-2020, 12:19 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: ravens are having the best draft its not even close

Not all picks work out. On paper it's pretty good tho.

(04-25-2020, 12:32 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: im running out of steam.  time to make some wings

Nice choice (probably 4hrs overdue). We had wings tonight from pizza hut. Man, their food sucks, but they deliver, and thats only 1 of 3 restaurants that deliver in this small town.

(04-25-2020, 12:56 AM)Synric Wrote: Lol honestly I'm starting to like Roger Goodell. He needs to announce picks drunk from his office every year.

He did look a little wasted. Slouched and bloodshot eyes. Hell, he makes $20 million a year, figured he could do better than M&Ms and $8 Scotch.

(04-25-2020, 01:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: KC got better, too. I expect them to be 1 & 2.

KC is doing well for the SB Champs. Don't see them weakening anytime soon. The new Patriots? Well deserved fanbase if so.

(04-25-2020, 01:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely ready to go OL.

I'm with ya. I was waning Jones at 33. Damn he slid pretty far. What do I know? I still think we need OL to protect the Burrow.

Kinda does feel that way. However, one thing we have to remind ourselves is that the transition is not always kind to draft picks. Hopefully ours are solid. But as I think about this, I'm drunk and that makes no sense. I'm going to bed after this post. LOL

(04-25-2020, 01:23 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hard to not feel that with what the Ratbirds have been doing, damn. Building one hell of a team over there.

Still think it only takes one hit to really hurt them and you know what I mean. He cannot run around like that for long.

No QB can.

Baltimore has been a solid team. They beat the Steelers when we couldnt. Yet, we seemed to have been able to own them (not last year).  that was the Marvin error. Don't fear the enemy. They've always been stout on D. Offensively, they have Lamar Jackson. He gets that unfortunate hit that we all hate to see? Their the Browns of 2018. I think we are solid. ZT been here for 1 yr and that dude is making a change. Love it.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - TecmoBengals - 04-25-2020

One draft can't fix the entire team so I'm okay with Burrow, Higgins, and Wilson as the draft haul at the expense of OL. I see a few posts of, "They didn't fix the OL yet", but it just isn't that simple.

I'd like TE Moss or Bryant with the next pick. I think they'll pick someone they liked from the Senior Bowl.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Murdock2420 - 04-25-2020

If Moss would be there at the start of 5 I'd say go O-line, just can't picture Moss still being there. He certainly makes an impact on offense and has chemistry with the QB which will be valuable.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - NATI BENGALS - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:04 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Moss would be there at the start of 5 I'd say go O-line, just can't picture Moss still being there. He certainly makes an impact on offense and has chemistry with the QB which will be valuable.

I really like him, but I just worry about the medicals. They could easily make him slide

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - BengalFanInNJ - 04-25-2020

Here's the guys I would like the Bengals to grab in the next round or two:

Bradlee Anae - DE (I think he should be our next pick)
Prince Tega Wanogho - OT (I think he will get better as he learns the game more. Played well against SEC competition)
Leki Fotu- DT (I love me some run-stuffing DT's)
Shane Lemieux - OG (Nasty Guard that was the leader of a good line)
Solomon Kindley - OG (Another nasty guard who is a decent pass blocker)
Dane Jackson - CB (Kid has great confidence and coverage abilities)
Troy Dye - OLB (Adds needed speed to the defense. Like a Corey Littleton)
Akeem Davis Gaither - OLB (Mad dog on the field who can hit and cover)

I think the 4th round will start the run on OG's. I would take a flyer on Netane Muti in the 6th if he's still available. His injuries scare me too much to take before that. Not a big fan of Saadiq Charles.

My opinion means absolutely nothing and this draft has been nuts in terms of who is going where.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Geno_Can_Dunk - 04-25-2020

I like John Simpson for our next pick, but I agree we could comfortably trade down for him or somebody of his calibre.

Actually I really liked Tyre Phillips but the Ratbirds picked him with the last pick of day 2.

RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - BURROWorBUST - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 03:08 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Here's the guys I would like the Bengals to grab in the next round or two:

Bradlee Anae - DE (I think he should be our next pick)
Prince Tega Wanogho - OT (I think he will get better as he learns the game more. Played well against SEC competition)
Leki Fotu- DT (I love me some run-stuffing DT's)
Shane Lemieux - OG (Nasty Guard that was the leader of a good line)
Solomon Kindley - OG (Another nasty guard who is a decent pass blocker)
Dane Jackson - CB (Kid has great confidence and coverage abilities)
Troy Dye - OLB (Adds needed speed to the defense. Like a Corey Littleton)
Akeem Davis Gaither - OLB (Mad dog on the field who can hit and cover)

I think the 4th round will start the run on OG's. I would take a flyer on Netane Muti in the 6th if he's still available. His injuries scare me too much to take before that. Not a big fan of Saadiq Charles.

My opinion means absolutely nothing and this draft has been nuts in terms of who is going where.

I'm a Davis-Gaither fan, but I think Anae would be a great pick. Also a team captain. He's really plays the edge well. Hits like a ton of bricks, too.