Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses (/Thread-Ben-Carson-It-was-OK-for-me-to-do-research-on-aborted-fetuses)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 10:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Ut oh, you must be angry.

Why? Because I wrote "shit"?  You have never seen any say shit and laugh at the same time? Shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Look, Benton didn't come close to using bacteria as a justification for why you can't be against abortion.  I know you're smart enough to understand your claim is false.  So why do you do stupid shit like that?

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - jakefromstatefarm - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 03:53 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Really?  I didn't realize quoting you was an attack.  I'll try not to use your statements against you in the future.

You started the insults five hours ago.  I'm just returning the favor.  You're too obtuse to realize you initiated the insults.

Back to the open-minded thing again, eh? 

Another one of your infamous "gotcha" positions.  That's worked out for you so well so far.   Rolleyes

Yeah, because it's impossible for someone to be open-minded that has any concrete opinions on anything.  Can't have a guy you think is the best QB or football coach, broadcaster, or anything.  That means you're not open-minded if you have those sorts of beliefs. 

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - bfine32 - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 11:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Why? Because I wrote "shit"?  You have never seen any say shit and laugh at the same time? Shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Look, Benton didn't come close to using bacteria as a justification for why you can't be against abortion.  I know you're smart enough to understand your claim is false.  So why do you do stupid shit like that?
He compared bacteria to a fertilized egg and stated folks have no problem eradicating it. I don't know what else he could have done to make the comparison. I am smart enough to comprehend this; given, it doesn't take much.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - GMDino - 08-16-2015

i took the night off...did either side change their mind on when life begins or if abortions should be legal?

No?

Carry on....

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 11:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He compared bacteria to a fertilized egg and stated folks have no problem eradicating it. I don't know what else he could have done to make the comparison. I am smart enough to comprehend this; given, it doesn't take much.

Where did he use that comparison to justify why you can't be against abortion?  Nowhere. That is you making up bullshit as usual. Why do you pull that sort of crap?

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - jakefromstatefarm - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 01:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Where did he use that comparison to justify why you can't be against abortion?  Nowhere. That is you making up bullshit as usual. Why do you pull that sort of crap?

Then what's the point of bringing it into the discussion to begin with, if not to justify why someone can't be against abortion?

The claim is that not everything living deserves rights afforded by the constitution, correct? 

(08-16-2015, 11:15 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Back to the open-minded thing again, eh? 

Another one of your infamous "gotcha" positions.  That's worked out for you so well so far.   Rolleyes

I know it is impossible for you to understand, but I don't have any "gotcha" statements. First you claimed you were open minded about abortion and less than 5 hours later you claimed you weren't open minded about abortion in the same damn conversation. That's not a gotcha statement. That is you flipping like an Olympic gymnast.

Quote:Yeah, because it's impossible for someone to be open-minded that has any concrete opinions on anything.  Can't have a guy you think is the best QB or football coach, broadcaster, or anything.  That means you're not open-minded if you have those sorts of beliefs. 

Wrong. Being open minded doesn't mean you can't have strong beliefs. It means you are willing to analyze new information and change your belief based upon data.  Unfortunately, you don't have the common sense necessary to understand simple ideas like this.  If you don't have any common sense you damn sure are too obtuse to understand complex ideas.

(08-16-2015, 01:50 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Then what's the point of bringing it into the discussion to begin with, if not to justify why someone can't be against abortion?

The claim is that not everything living deserves rights afforded by the constitution, correct? 

I understand his point, but I don't want to put words in Benton's mouth. If you failed to understand his comment ask him.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - bfine32 - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 01:50 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Then what's the point of bringing it into the discussion to begin with, if not to justify why someone can't be against abortion?

No, according to breech he brought it up to not compare the two and to suggest otherwise is "making stuff up".

It is not the first time people have made the comparison. That is why I was able to channel my inner Nostradamus.

(08-16-2015, 02:03 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I understand his point, but I don't want to put words in Benton's mouth. If you failed to understand his comment ask him.

Seems you have absolutely zero issue with putting words in other people's mouths. Why is Benton special?

(08-16-2015, 01:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I know it is impossible for you to understand, but I don't have any "gotcha" statements. First you claimed you were open minded about abortion and less than 5 hours later you claimed you weren't open minded about abortion in the same damn conversation. That's not a gotcha statement. That is you flipping like an Olympic gymnast.

Wrong. Being open minded doesn't mean you can't have strong beliefs. It means you are willing to analyze new information and change your belief based upon data.  Unfortunately, you don't have the common sense necessary to understand simple ideas like this.  If you don't have any common sense you damn sure are too obtuse to understand complex ideas.

For starters, I never claimed to be open-minded ON ABORTION.  To state that I ever did so is a lie.  I'm closed-minded on the issue of abortion, but I'm a very open-minded person in general. 

Nice that you've found a new word to use in "obtuse".  I'm glad that a guy so lacking in common sense is able to expand your posting vocabulary.   ThumbsUp

You're the same type I've encountered for years on message boards, and your type quite frankly bores me.  You make some preposterous claim, and then when called on it, you insult my intelligence and declare yourself the winner.  I suppose that's easier to do than to actually back up your BS arguments with any sort of data or logic. 

(08-16-2015, 02:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No, according to breech he brought it up to not compare the two and to suggest otherwise is "making stuff up".

It is not the first time people have made the comparison. That is why I was able to channel my inner Nostradamus.

It's beyond stupid. 

There is no point in bringing it up unless he is attempting to correlate the two. 

Not only is the argument in general stupid, the suggestion that he wasn't comparing one to the other is even more so. 

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Benton - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 09:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Can I call it or can I call it?

LOL

I typed that post and went back and threw that in just for you. You're welcome. Originally it was just the line about treating people poorly.

But hopefully you're the only one that got distracted. The rest of the post still stands — without intervention, a fertilized egg left on its own is just as unlikely to produce life as a skin cell left on its own. 

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Brownshoe - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 04:51 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

I typed that post and went back and threw that in just for you. You're welcome. Originally it was just the line about treating people poorly.

But hopefully you're the only one that got distracted. The rest of the post still stands — without intervention, a fertilized egg left on its own is just as unlikely to produce life as a skin cell left on its own. 

That's like saying putting a fish on dry land has as much of a chance of surviving than a skin cell producing life. If you take it out of it's natural environment obviously it's not going to survive.

(08-16-2015, 04:51 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Of course you did.

What intervention is required for a fertilized egg?

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - ballsofsteel - 08-16-2015

Hello fellow Bengal fans. Who in the hell is any politician and for that matter any know-it-all on this board to tell a woman what to do with her own body? Mind your own GD business. You drop a load into a woman and all of of its a human life. Kiss my ash. People pretend to be so righteous. What phoney's!

(08-16-2015, 05:32 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Hello fellow Bengal fans. Who in the hell is any politician and for that matter any know-it-all on this board to tell a woman what to do with her own body? Mind your own GD business. You drop a load into a woman and all of of its a human life. Kiss my ash. People pretend to be so righteous. What phoney's!

Balls announces his presence with authority.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Brownshoe - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 05:32 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Hello fellow Bengal fans. Who in the hell is any politician and for that matter any know-it-all on this board to tell a woman what to do with her own body? Mind your own GD business. You drop a load into a woman and all of of its a human life. Kiss my ash. People pretend to be so righteous. What phoney's!

Pro-life isn't about regulating what a woman does to her own body, but what she does to the living being inside of her.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Shake n Blake - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 05:44 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Pro-life isn't about regulating what a woman does to her own body, but what she does to the living being inside of her.

No one is telling a woman what she can or can't do with her own body. I support a woman's right to choose whether or not she sleeps with someone.

If she chooses to sleep with someone with no form of protection and gets pregnant, I support the rights of the unborn child inside of her. If you don't want a child, be more careful. People should be accountable for their own actions.

(08-16-2015, 06:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No one is telling a woman what she can or can't do with her own body. I support a woman's right to choose whether or not she sleeps with someone.

If she chooses to sleep with someone with no form of protection and gets pregnant, I support the rights of the unborn child inside of her. If you don't want a child, be more careful. People should be accountable for their own actions.

I agree. Whether you like it or not that is a living being inside of a woman, and even though it can't survive on it's own doesn't mean that it shouldn't have rights. The only time I support abortion is if the mothers health is being compromised. Otherwise I see no justified reason to kill an innocent life for inconvenience.