Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Planned Parenthood: New Video - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Planned Parenthood: New Video (/Thread-Planned-Parenthood-New-Video)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Planned Parenthood: New Video - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-21-2015

(08-21-2015, 04:14 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Yes.  Why is that an issue? 

Because your beliefs are stupid.

RE: Planned Parenthood: New Video - jakefromstatefarm - 08-21-2015

(08-21-2015, 10:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You thought correctly.  I personally don't care what an adult does, the law may differ with my personal opinion.  In those cases the law must supersede my personal beliefs.  I think our drug laws are both stupid and counterproductive, but the decision to implement them is made above my pay grade.  This concept is really not that hard to grasp.

That has to be a very difficult thing to do, speaking in terms of enforcing laws that you may not personally agree with. 

I know that I would have a very difficult time doing that. 

I feel for ya.  

RE: Planned Parenthood: New Video - jakefromstatefarm - 08-21-2015

(08-21-2015, 10:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Because your beliefs are stupid.

Quality post. 

Would read again.  

RE: Planned Parenthood: New Video - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-22-2015

(08-21-2015, 04:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: As soon as it's alive. It's an individual because it has its own individual set of DNA that's unique to itself.

Again, a sperm cell has its own individual, unique set of DNA and it is alive.  However, it isn't entitled to individual rights.  Why not?  For the same reasons expressed by the Supreme Court regarding Roe vs. Wade.

(08-21-2015, 04:05 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: A lot of different people have different opinions on "what gives them life". What gives them life is irrelevant to the point that they're alive IMO.

And sperm cells are alive.  Under the right conditions a sperm cell may develop into a new individual human.  Under the right conditions an embryo may develop into a new individual human.  Under the wrong conditions neither a sperm cell or an embryo will develop into anything. Why doesn't the former deserve rights the same as the latter?

(08-21-2015, 02:35 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I'm not imposing my belief on others.  Nobody is forced to change their minds based off of my opinion. 

I'm sharing my opinion.  I believe it to be murder.  You're free to disagree.  I'm not telling you to stop trying to impose your beliefs on me, am I?  So who's being disingenuous here?

(08-21-2015, 02:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And you want to change the law so people will be forced to follow your beliefs.

(08-21-2015, 04:14 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Yes.  Why is that an issue? 

You began by writing you aren't imposing your beliefs on others.  Next you agreed you want to impose your beliefs on others.  Finally, you asked why imposing your beliefs on others is an issue.

C'mon, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

(08-21-2015, 09:51 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I think that there's an overall lack of integrity in media, and it's not just one "side". 

Both sides of TV, radio, and print tend to pander to the extreme of both sides, because the extremes of both sides are the ones who pay attention on a regular basis.  They watch political shows, listen to talk radio, and buy newspapers or click links online.

It makes sense to do this from a fiscal standpoint, but doesn't change my opinion about their honesty or integrity.

Have you seen Anchorman 2?  It's not far from the truth.  The 24 hour news cycle constantly needs to be fed.  They need commercials to pay the bills.  They need viewers to watch the commercials.  How do they get the viewers?  With guys like Bill O'Reilly who doesn't know the difference between a loofah and a falafel.  I can't watch that crap.

RE: Planned Parenthood: New Video - Brownshoe - 08-22-2015

(08-22-2015, 03:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Again, a sperm cell has its own individual, unique set of DNA and it is alive.  However, it isn't entitled to individual rights.  Why not?  For the same reasons expressed by the Supreme Court regarding Roe vs. Wade.

Except it doesn't have its own individual set of DNA. It gets its DNA from the man. Same with the egg and the woman. It doesn't even have a full set of human DNA only half.

(08-22-2015, 10:12 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Except it doesn't have its own individual set of DNA. It gets its DNA from the man. Same with the egg and the woman. It doesn't even have a full set of human DNA only half.

Does anyone else have the same DNA?  No.

By your definition, spermatozoa and ova should have individual rights.

(08-22-2015, 10:35 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Does anyone else have the same DNA?  No.

By your definition, spermatozoa and ova should have individual rights.

How is that when the sperm and egg have the same DNA as the man and woman they belong to? That's not it's own individual DNA. When the sperm and egg combine and form it's own DNA then it has it's own individual DNA.

RE: Planned Parenthood: New Video - BmorePat87 - 08-22-2015

(08-22-2015, 11:36 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: How is that when the sperm and egg have the same DNA as the man and woman they belong to? That's not it's own individual DNA. When the sperm and egg combine and form it's own DNA then it has it's own individual DNA.

You realize that each sperm cell is different, right? Each carries half of the father's genetics while each egg carries half of the mother's. Which half is going to be different for every single one. The diversity in one "batch" is going to be huge. That's why siblings aren't identical unless they come from the same zygote that splits (so they came from the same single sperm and single egg) aka identical twins. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2176016/It-DOES-make-difference-wins-race-Scientists-scan-100-sperm-man--huge-DNA-differences.html

RE: Planned Parenthood: New Video - jakefromstatefarm - 08-22-2015

(08-22-2015, 03:48 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You began by writing you aren't imposing your beliefs on others.  Next you agreed you want to impose your beliefs on others.  Finally, you asked why imposing your beliefs on others is an issue.

C'mon, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

I would also like to see the decriminalization of marijuana, but that doesn't mean that I feel it's necessary for other people to agree with me. 

Does that mean that I'd like to impose my belief on others?  Sure. 

Not every law that's passed or repealed is going to satisfy 100% of people.  

(08-22-2015, 12:04 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I would also like to see the decriminalization of marijuana, but that doesn't mean that I feel it's necessary for other people to agree with me. 

Does that mean that I'd like to impose my belief on others?  Sure. 

Not every law that's passed or repealed is going to satisfy 100% of people.  

Advocating for the removal of limits on others and advocating for imposing limits on others are two very different things.

By legalizing pot, no one's beliefs are imposed on others. No one is forced to use it.

By criminalizing abortion, your beliefs are imposed on others. You are preventing those who want one from getting it.

(08-22-2015, 04:03 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Have you seen Anchorman 2?  It's not far from the truth.  The 24 hour news cycle constantly needs to be fed.  They need commercials to pay the bills.  They need viewers to watch the commercials.  How do they get the viewers?  With guys like Bill O'Reilly who doesn't know the difference between a loofah and a falafel.  I can't watch that crap.

I don't watch any of that crap.  The only political talk show I watch or listen to is Brian Thomas, the libertarian guy that's on 55KRC in the morning. 

The rest of them are blowhards. 

They get viewers because they pander to their audience.  As I said before, both sides are guilty here.  The idiots that watch MSNBC are right on par with the idiots that watch FNC.  These guys know what gets that crowd fired up and they play to it.  They are the fringe voters of both sides.  

(08-22-2015, 11:43 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You realize that each sperm cell is different, right? Each carries half of the father's genetics while each egg carries half of the mother's. Which half is going to be different for every single one. The diversity in one "batch" is going to be huge. That's why siblings aren't identical unless they come from the same zygote that splits (so they came from the same single sperm and single egg) aka identical twins. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2176016/It-DOES-make-difference-wins-race-Scientists-scan-100-sperm-man--huge-DNA-differences.html

Yes, each sperm cell is different from another sperm cell. The sperm cells might be different from each other, but they have the same DNA as the man. The sperm just carries different traits that the man possesses.

(08-22-2015, 12:16 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yes, each sperm cell is different from another sperm cell. The sperm cells might be different from each other, but they have the same DNA as the man. The sperm just carries different traits that the man possesses.

If you're only getting half of the man's DNA, and the half every sperm is getting is different, then the sperm does not have the same DNA as the man and more than a son has the same DNA as his father. 

The fact that the man has twice as much as the sperm should be a clue.

(08-22-2015, 12:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Advocating for the removal of limits on others and advocating for imposing limits on others are two very different things.

By legalizing pot, no one's beliefs are imposed on others. No one is forced to use it.

By criminalizing abortion, your beliefs are imposed on others. You are preventing those who want one from getting it.

Sounds good to me.   ThumbsUp

FWIW, I don't smoke pot or never have.  My beliefs in the decriminalization of MJ have nothing to do with personally benefiting from it, and everything to do with my belief in individual liberty. 

Abortion does not fit into my individual liberty beliefs because there's more than one individual involved.  

(08-22-2015, 12:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If you're only getting half of the man's DNA, and the half every sperm is getting is different, then the sperm does not have the same DNA as the man and more than a son has the same DNA as his father. 

The fact that the man has twice as much as the sperm should be a clue.

Sperm is not human though. If it only has half the DNA of a human there is no way that it could be a human then.

(08-22-2015, 02:25 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Sperm is not human though. If it only has half the DNA of a human there is no way that it could be a human then.

If it isn't human then what is it?

(08-22-2015, 12:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Advocating for the removal of limits on others and advocating for imposing limits on others are two very different things.

I agree.