Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bobby Hart Re-Signed (/Thread-Bobby-Hart-Re-Signed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Ravage - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 08:03 PM)Whatever Wrote:  I don't like the move, but the entire off season isn't necessarily sunk because of it, either.

It may not be sunk, but it sure as hell is taking on water at an alarming rate and people are rightly scrambling for the life-boats.

Next'll be the Hobson article sucking the team off for this. "Oh, he's young, and still can develop. Plays with passion. Yadda Yadda" while at the same time stating that this move plus the Uzi signing means they're 'effectively out' on remaining free-agents. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of NFL free agency. True franchise changing free agents happen far less often it seems than the other major sports. More often than not it's just too much money for players that are already on the downside of their careers. But spending money intelligently is something I am fond of. This (Hart) sure as hell wasn't spending money intelligently. The contract could have been for 10 years and $21 mil and he'd of STILL been overpaid based on his play both for the Giants and last season with the Bengals. Nothing whatsoever indicated he was worth 1/5th of what he just got, and I feel I'm being generous to Bobby Hart in that assessment.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - THE PISTONS - 03-11-2019

I wonder if we even have talked to any external free agents yet?

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - SErebel11 - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 08:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I've looked at the draft. I thought for sure we'd draft a RT and sign LBs. I thought we'd draft a TE too and resign Dennard.

I agree. Seemed like what made the most sense.

(03-11-2019, 08:48 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: I agree. Seemed like what made the most sense.

Face it...this team is more inept than we thought.

Not being able to land a DC for all that time was a sign.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Destro - 03-11-2019

Great, we have the O-Line all addressed. Time to draft a corner in the first round.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - George Cantstandya - 03-11-2019

I logged in to read about some good free agents the Bengals signed, you know the new and improved Bengals, and instead I see this. I don't know what else to say about this aside from I'm very displeased.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Ravage - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 08:54 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I logged in to read about some good free agents the Bengals signed, you know the new and improved Bengals, and instead I see this.  I don't know what else to say about this aside from I'm very displeased.

Considering your username I'd of thought you would have gone with: "George is getting frustrated!" or "George is getting upset!" instead.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Thundercloud - 03-11-2019

I am a long term fan of this team. And this kind of stupidity is actually alarming. I could have almost just clenched my teeth on a $3 million, backup sort of approach to keeping Hart, but would have still felt very doubtful about our new group. But this is just disturbing!

(03-11-2019, 09:01 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: I am a long term fan of this team.  And this kind of stupidity is actually alarming.  I could have almost just clenched my teeth on a $3 million, backup sort of approach to keeping Hart, but would have still felt very doubtful about our new group.  But this is just disturbing!

This is a staff that had trouble hiring a DC. What about that inspired any confidence?

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - George Cantstandya - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 08:58 PM)Ravage Wrote: Considering your username I'd of thought you would have gone with: "George is getting frustrated!" or "George is getting upset!" instead.

I was too disappointed to think of anything cleaver.  But since you brought it up this seems appropriate.  "I don't want hope. Hope is killing me. My dream is to become hopeless. When you're hopeless, you don't care, and when you don't care, that indifference makes you attractive."  -GC

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Shake n Blake - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 08:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dalton was 28th in sacks last year. He's never gotten hurt because of a sack. It's just a narrative folks use we they get mad.

Well you're not wrong about that. I guess it depends on what people mean when they say "killed".

Is he going to get injured? Probably not. He's proven to be a pretty durable guy. 

Is he going to be picking turf out of his facemask and facing a lot of 3rd and forevers? Probably. 

Nately was being sarcastic though. You should've picked up on that, of all people. 

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Bengalitis - 03-11-2019

Of the 3 (Uz, etc), HART is truly a very disappointing re-signing. Can anyone with NFL connections link us up with Hart's compilation of bad plays from last season, bet there are a ton. G-sus! This is not making my day. Redmon, yes, mediocre, but Hart, hell no!

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Synric - 03-11-2019

Average starting tackles are making 14 to 16 million a year so a bad backup might be 7 million. Like to see some more tackle contracts...

This doesnt change the fact the Bengals still need at least 1 more tackle (probably 2).

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Bengalitis - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 09:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is a staff that had trouble hiring a DC. What about that inspired any confidence?

This signing is making me lower the bar to just beating the squeelers twice a year as the great achievement of the season. Rant

(03-11-2019, 09:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Average starting tackles are making 14 to 16 million a year a bad backup might be 7 million. Like to see some more tackle contracts...

This doesnt change the fact the Bengals still need at least 1 more tackle (probably 2).

Hart is paid like a top 10 RT and the 30th highest paid tackle. He makes more than some LTs.

And if this is a backup contract, who is the starter? And why not sign a LB?

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - TSwigZ - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 06:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows maybe we have a Trent Brown scenario on our hands. Below average RT first few years, we move him to the Blindside and he excels. He is only 25.

OK, that's all I got.

Trent Brown is overrated

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Synric - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 09:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hart is paid like a top 10 RT and the 30th highest paid tackle. He makes more than some LTs.

And if this is a backup contract, who is the starter? And why not sign a LB?

He's gonna be pushed down that list with guys like William's James Hyatt Nseyke Fant....

They have to draft a tackle there's no way around it. You cant go into the season with only 2 tackles.

Free agency as a whole this year has been crazy.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Bengalholic - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 07:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  The only thing that does make sense is that Jim Turner is really high on Hart (for whatever reasons) and he sold the hell out of him to Taylor and the front office, making them believe that Hart is worth that amount of money. If that's the case, then shame on Zac and the front office.

'Hart, 24, started all 16 games last season and Jim Turner, the Bengals’ new offensive line coach, watched them all closely on film and left no doubt that he wanted him for more than 16 games.' - Hobson

Sick

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - SunsetBengal - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 09:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Average starting tackles are making 14 to 16 million a year so a bad backup might be 7 million. Like to see some more tackle contracts...

Exactly, the Bengals now have two (2) Tackles with starting "experience" on the roster, along with a capable emergency tackle in Boling.  They need two GOOD prospects to fill out the position.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Whodey614 - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 08:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dalton was 28th in sacks last year. He's never gotten hurt because of a sack. It's just a narrative folks use we they get mad.

If Dalton is ever going to regain the 2015 form that everyone on this forum is convinced he will, they're going to have to do better than 20th in sacks. They certainly could've done better than Bobby Hart at RT.