Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic (/Thread-Christian-Nutjob-Ben-Carson-says-Science-is-Satanic)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - GMDino - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was the Tower of Babel and it is in Genesis. 

I wonder what our punishment will be for these?!?!

[Image: tallest-buildings-in-the-world_50290c342eb4b_w1500.jpg]

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - bfine32 - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 09:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wonder what our punishment will be for these?!?!

Which one of those did we build in an attempt to reach heaven?

(09-27-2015, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which one of those did we build in an attempt to reach heaven?

All of them.

Then we blasted into space to reach the heavens.

God must be totally planning something big for us!

(09-27-2015, 09:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: All of them.

Solid post

(09-27-2015, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Solid post

Good rebuttal.

(09-27-2015, 09:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Good rebuttal.

Oh, you expected a rebuttal to a post about skyscrapers turning into rockets and going to heaven.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - GodHatesBengals - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, you expected a rebuttal to a post about skyscrapers turning into rockets and going to heaven.

Almost as absurd as talking snakes and splitting seas.

(09-27-2015, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, you expected a rebuttal to a post about skyscrapers turning into rockets and going to heaven.

Confused

Oh!  Sorry!  I thought you could infer what I meant when I said:

(09-27-2015, 09:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: All of them.

1) I answered your question.

2) I meant we built rockets that went into space.  I didn't think I needed to say that since no one who is sane thinks we built building to fly into space.

I really forgot I was dealing with "literal boy" who would go in the exact opposite direction.

Solid post.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Naranja Tigre - 09-28-2015

(09-26-2015, 08:16 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's silly.

Conversely, using your logic he could say a Christian who rejects evolution has no basis to say what an atheist thinks about evolution.

Furthermore, anyone who doesn't believe in something has no basis to say what others think about that something.

Example:  I believe in a reptilian NWO. If you don't you have no basis to comment on what I believe.

Understand?

It's kinda like when white folks try to talk about what black folks should do or think.

it's just something a mature person doesn't do.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Naranja Tigre - 09-28-2015

(09-26-2015, 08:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Okay, explain how evolution replaces how God created light, created the earth, created the oceans and the land, separated the day and night, created all the celestial bodies in the sky, created time itself?

How does evolution replace any of that?  It doesn't.

It doesn't, but who cares.

What matters is where we came from. According to the bible, it's god. According to evolution, it's random.

people don't tend to like random.

(09-26-2015, 11:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: I would. In the 150+ years since Darwin published, there has been extensive evidence uncovered in new fields that support evolution. There has been zero new evidence found that goes against it. Think about that. Think about how much the world has changed since the 1860's, how much technology has changed, all the new discoveries made, how science has grown and changed by leaps and bounds....and they still keep finding new things that support evolution. Evolutionary theory has withstood not only the test of time, but also the test of technological and scientific advancement. Most medical fileds today are strongly based on the tenets of evolutionary theory. Simply put, evolution is a fact...species change over time. There is no disputing that anymore. Evolution is one of the most thoroughly studied, and well tested of all scientific theories. So his assertion that it is one of the most solid theories in science is spot on.

Upon reading this I was wondering where it would be ranked among scientific theories, in terms of how thoroughly vetted it is, or how important it is.

If you count equations as theories, then Maxwell's is #1, imo.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - BmorePat87 - 09-28-2015

(09-27-2015, 09:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wonder what our punishment will be for these?!?!

AIDS, duh.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - GMDino - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 09:04 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: AIDS, duh.

I got curious about the guessed height of the Tower of Babel and in my research found this little gem:

https://biblescienceguy.wordpress.com/

This might be the source of all of Larry's posts.

Tongue

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - BmorePat87 - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 09:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: I got curious about the guessed height of the Tower of Babel and in my research found this little gem:

https://biblescienceguy.wordpress.com/

This might be the source of all of Larry's posts.

Tongue

"According to those who imagine that mankind evolved over millions of years, Adam and Eve are mythical and have no place in human history."

Evolution is imagination and Adam and Eve belong in history.

Seems solid.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 12:19 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: It's kinda like when white folks try to talk about what black folks should do or think.

it's just something a mature person doesn't do.

Obviously, you don't understand because you've crossed the line from silly to absurd.  Originally, you wrote . . .

(09-26-2015, 04:59 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: As an atheist you have no basis to disagree.

. . . and somehow you have managed to distort that into white folks shouldn't tell black folks what they should do your think.  WTF?  That's idiotic.  A person of any religious faith (or lack thereof) can disagree with a person of any other religious faith (or lack thereof) and it is nothing like white folks talking about what black folks should do or think. Rolleyes

(09-28-2015, 03:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Obviously, you don't understand because you've crossed the line from silly to absurd.  Originally, you wrote . . .

. . . and somehow you have managed to distort that into white folks shouldn't tell black folks what they should do your think.  WTF?  That's idiotic.  A person of any religious faith (or lack thereof) can disagree with a person of any other religious faith (or lack thereof) and it is nothing like white folks talking about what black folks should do or think. Rolleyes

People really need to stop making P&R alts.

(09-28-2015, 03:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Obviously, you don't understand because you've crossed the line from silly to absurd.  Originally, you wrote . . .

back up, you're changing the argument.

I said that to the faithful, evolution replaces God. He said it doesn't. I'm saying that since he has no faith, he has no basis to say how the faithful should feel about the issue.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 12:24 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: It doesn't, but who cares.

Obviously, your friends and family care since you claim they think evolution replaces God, but I just shot that hypothesis down by showing you evolution doesn't affect the formation of the universe by God as depicted in the Bible during Genesis. 

Quote:What matters is where we came from. According to the bible, it's god. According to evolution, it's random.

people don't tend to like random.

I suspected you didn't have any idea what you were talking about and now you have confirmed it.  This is the first time you have actually addressed the theory of evolution directly without comparing it to another theory.  You don't even understand the basic principle of evolution.  The theory of evolution doesn't claim we came from "random."  As I have previously stated, the creation story of Genesis and the theory of evolution aren't mutually exclusive depending upon how literally you interpret the Bible.  For many the big bang theory and the theory of evolution are parts of God's plan and those theories only explain God's plan.  For others, the two are mutually exclusive.  I'm not sure what is going on with you, but my impression is you're a evangelical pretending to be a poser science fan boy to proselytize your evangelical beliefs or you're just really, really confused.  Possibly both.

(09-28-2015, 03:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Obviously, your friends and family care since you claim they think evolution replaces God, but I just shot that hypothesis down by showing you evolution doesn't affect the formation of the universe by God as depicted in the Bible during Genesis. 

I suspected you didn't have any idea what you were talking about and now you have confirmed it.  This is the first time you have actually addressed the theory of evolution directly without comparing it to another theory.  You don't even understand the basic principle of evolution.  The theory of evolution doesn't claim we came from "random."  As I have previously stated, the creation story of Genesis and the theory of evolution aren't mutually exclusive depending upon how literally you interpret the Bible.  For many the big bang theory and the theory of evolution are parts of God's plan and those theories only explain God's plan.  For others, the two are mutually exclusive.  I'm not sure what is going on with you, but my impression is you're a evangelical pretending to be a poser science fan boy to proselytize your evangelical beliefs or you're just really, really confused.  Possibly both.

I'm an engineering major, not a biologist, but the way evolution was always presented to me was on the basis of random mutation and selection pressures.

(09-28-2015, 03:44 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: back up, you're changing the argument.

I said that to the faithful, evolution replaces God. He said it doesn't. I'm saying that since he has no faith, he has no basis to say how the faithful should feel about the issue.

No, I am not changing the argument.  You wrote he can't disagree.  That's nonsense.  Then you compared is disagreement with white "folks" telling black "folk" what they should think or do.  Absurd.  And as I have already shown you, evolution doesn't replace god.