Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Dunlap traded to Seattle - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Dunlap traded to Seattle (/Thread-Dunlap-traded-to-Seattle)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 01:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Or a potential corresponding Billy Price trade coming?

Doubtful. Billy Price’s play — at least from my eye test — appears to me he’s healthy again for the first time in a couple years. His play against the Browns last week at center was extremely improved especially in pass protection.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - JSR18 - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 02:25 PM)GodFather Wrote: I hope he tanks there...
Me too. He doesn't wear stripes anymore. Carlos who???

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - ochocincos - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 05:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Doubtful.  Billy Price’s play — at least from my eye test — appears to me he’s healthy again for the first time in a couple years.  His play against the Browns last week at center was extremely improved especially in pass protection.

That was at C though.
He was much better at C his rookie year than he's been at OG the past two years.
What do you do when Hopkins comes back? Do you bench Price? Or do you shift Hopkins to RG? Hopkins is better than Price at C, Price is not good at guard, and we did not like Hopkins at RG before.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 02:35 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is that AJ? Looks like it.

(10-28-2020, 02:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Won't know about that until likely Friday. It takes a full 48 hours to pass through Convid19 Protocols.

Thanks.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 05:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That was at C though.
He was much better at C his rookie year than he's been at OG the past two years.
What do you do when Hopkins comes back? Do you bench Price? Or do you shift Hopkins to RG? Hopkins is better than Price at C, Price is not good at guard, and we did not like Hopkins at RG before.

Yes, I agree.  Billy Price, when healthy, is a solid center.  He's really not a guard; let's be honest about this.  As for Trey Hopkins I wouldn't just hand him the job back automatically because the Cincinnati offensive line needs competition.  However, we need to think about BJ Finney and Quinton Spain.  As I understand it Finney can play center or guard -- either side -- and Spain is a pure guard.  If I were Jim Turner I would get these guys in house as fast as possible and try every permutation of offensive line positions to arrive at the best combination.  In the next few weeks we could see something like Johnson, Hopkins, Price, Spain, and Adeniji.  Anything is better than what we had!

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - THE Bigzoman - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 02:13 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Dave Laphem will back me up on.this.and Albert Breer.

Laphem lost credibility after he dogged Jermaine Gresham IMO. Dude should zip it on player effort.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - JSR18 - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 05:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That was at C though.
Which is really weird. Price was primarily a C at Ohio State. Hopkins was primarily a G, with sophmore year at OT at Texas...

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - pally - 10-28-2020

Mike Brown statement

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - jj22 - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 03:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And this is the only real answer anyone should give.

He was our best defensive player (after Geno) for his tenure here, made 2 PBs (should've had 2 more) and was a top 3 all-around 4-3 LE in the league, from 2012-2019.

Going out the way he did is absolutely shitty, but it is what it is at this point and all any of us can do is move on. We got something in return and saved money, so we're in better shape for the future than we were with him.

"Unofficially."

Edwards officially has 47.5 sacks as a Bengal.

Dalton is verbally beat down and mocked on this board and no one cares what he has done. His real franchise records, not his almost records as in Dunlaps case don't earn him any love around here but from a couple of us. And he didn't even go out like Dunlap. But yea, that's the "only real answer we can give".....

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - jj22 - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 05:39 PM)pally Wrote: Mike Brown statement

Very classy of Mike Brown after how Dunlap left and what Dunlap is likely about to say (it's about to be bad) about the Franchise once he arrives in Seattle in that first presser.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - bengalfan74 - 10-28-2020

To bad Dunlap went out the way he did he was always one of my favorites. I'll just leave it at that.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Luvnit2 - 10-28-2020

Finney is most disappointed, he gets screwed and goes to crappy Bengals team and Dunlap goes to Seattle, a definite playoff team (he gets more money) and possible Super Bowl contender

I like Carlos and I still feel in my heart of hearts the communication of ZT, DC and DL coach was absent. He is our all time sack leader and deserved a face to face with the coaches prior to being moved way down in the rotation, he never got it and felt very disrespected. Once you disrespect someone, these are the type of reactions you get.

I met Carlos at a gaming place 4 years ago. I had my 9 grandchildren as we were celebrating my wife's birthday. He was there was 10 ro 15 inner city kids, something I was told he did every Tuesday on his day off, grab these kids and treat them in some way. He was approachable (but shy) and took pictures with my grandkids. He seemed like a great guy.

I wish him luck and hope he gets a ring in Seattle. He did not handle it well no doubt, but did our coaching staff handle well? All the best #96

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Luvnit2 - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 05:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Very classy of Mike Brown after how Dunlap left and what Dunlap is likely about to say (it's about to be bad) about the Franchise once he arrives in Seattle in that first presser.

You may be right, but having met him, he is not a trouble maker in my opinion. I think he may surprise you and take the high road just as Mike Brown did.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - sandwedge - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 01:02 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Per Shefty on twitter.

As my boy Bubbles would say, "greasy"....

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - ochocincos - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 05:38 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Which is really weird. Price was primarily a C at Ohio State. Hopkins was primarily a G, with sophmore year at OT at Texas...

I thought Price only played his final year at C, the other two at G.
If that's right, then no he wasn't primarily a C.

It's different anyway for NFL vs college. In college, Price could get away with his lack of length and athleticism because he's going against college guys.
In the pros, you're going against guys often much bigger and more athletic, so that length and athleticism is more important.

(10-28-2020, 06:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought Price only played his final year at C, the other two at G.
If that's right, then no he wasn't primarily a C.

It's different anyway for NFL vs college. In college, Price could get away with his lack of length and athleticism because he's going against college guys.
In the pros, you're going against guys often much bigger and more athletic, so that length and athleticism is more important.

I actually thought Price might of had his best game Sunday as a pro. That one false start looked like a bad call...

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - masonbengals fan - 10-28-2020

Best of luck to Dunlap in Seattle.

Shouldn't have ended the way it did.

(10-28-2020, 06:35 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Best of luck to Dunlap in Seattle.

Shouldn't have ended the way it did.

Always loved Dunlap but with the way he was playing he had no reason to ***** like he did.

Happy we got something for him, wish him the best over pursuing in Seattle.

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Trademark - 10-28-2020

I'm gonna miss Los, sucks the Bengals are choosing to stick with this awful coaching staff

RE: Dunlap traded to Seattle - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 05:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton is verbally beat down and mocked on this board and no one cares what he has done. His real franchise records, not his almost records as in Dunlaps case don't earn him any love around here but from a couple of us. And he didn't even go out like Dunlap. But yea, that's the "only real answer we can give".....

TF does Andy have to do with any of this? I never bashed the guy and always gave him his due.

This was my last post about him:

(05-02-2020, 11:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Let's hope we have fans in the stands, so we can give him a warm ovation when Dallas returns.

Pick someone else to get cheesed at; what I said is damn correct.