Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss (/Thread-The-Left-Is-Cancelling-Dr-Seuss)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - Au165 - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 04:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Today's (Not So) Fun Fact:  You can still buy Mein Kampf on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Mein-Kampf/dp/0395925037

You can also find Industrial Society and It's Future and The Communist Manifesto online. 

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - GMDino - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 04:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So much back and forth when it's easier to just let people be free, damn it.

I've always tried to live by if consenting adults want to do it, and they aren't hurting anyone else, I don't see a reason to stop them.

Of course there are gray areas but in general if we just let people be and stop staring into their bedrooms we'd have a lot less of these type of discussions.

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - fredtoast - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 04:46 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I know what Gender Dysphoria is.

Then why do you keep making all these statements about a man turning into a woman?  Makes you sound pretty stupid to make comments like that if you really know that the issue of transgender is about gender dysphoria.

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - Mickeypoo - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 04:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It sounds like you don't know what "respect" is. Or you're just a troll.

It's a toss up, as far as I can tell.

You crack me up. lol.  I can believe that men cannot change into woman and vise versa while at the same time being nice and respecting that they think they can.  

So are you saying that if you disagree with someone or something you are being disrespectful?

Sounds like you don't know what respect or a troll is.

(03-04-2021, 05:23 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You crack me up. lol.  I can believe that men cannot change into woman and vise versa while at the same time being nice and respecting that they think they can.  

So are you saying that if you disagree with someone or something you are being disrespectful?

Sounds like you don't know what respect or a troll is.

What I am saying AGAIN is that you are talking about "men changing into women" and acting like that is the same as experiencing gender dysphoria.

Either you are completely ignorant about the issue or you are intentionally misrepresenting the transgender issue in an attempt to make them look stupid.  

(03-04-2021, 05:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why do you keep making all these statements about a man turning into a woman?  Makes you sound pretty stupid to make comments like that if you really know that the issue of transgender is about gender dysphoria.

Because gender dysphoria is in the mind.  It is a psychological/mental disfunction.  If you are born a boy or a girl, that is what you are physically.

A fully transitioned girl to boy will still get crushed in male sports and a fully transitioned boy to girl will still crush it in female sports.  You are what you are born as.

(03-04-2021, 05:29 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Because gender dysphoria is in the mind.  It is a psychological/mental disfunction.  If you are born a boy or a girl, that is what you are physically.

Correct. that is gender dysphoria.

So, again, why do you keep talking about changing sex instead of gender?

You are either ignorant about the issue or intentionally misrepresenting the transgender issue in an attempt to make them look stupid.

(03-04-2021, 05:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What I am saying AGAIN is that you are talking about "men changing into women" and acting like that is the same as experiencing gender dysphoria.

Either you are completely ignorant about the issue or you are intentionally misrepresenting the transgender issue in an attempt to make them look stupid.  

Hold up!  Timeout!

Gender Dysphoria is a mental issue and not a physical one correct?

Transitioning from male to female and vise versa is physical correct?

(03-04-2021, 05:32 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Transitioning from male to female and vise versa is physical correct?

No.  Many transgender people never have the plastic surgery.  Kaitlyn Jenner still has a penis.

And even transgender women who have plastic surgery know they can not have babies.

(03-04-2021, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Many transgender people never have the plastic surgery.  Kaitlyn Jenner still has a penis.

And even transgender women who have plastic surgery know they can not have babies.

Ok, so then I personally would see Kaitlyn Jenner as a cross dresser who thinks he is a Woman.

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - hollodero - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 04:26 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: The reason behind a lot of what you stated is that a majority of blacks live in high crime, low income areas.  The question is why and how do you break that cycle?

I don't see that as the whole explanation, but that certainly is true. And I'd agree that the question is what to do about it.

As to why, this is just one of those disadvantages one faces when being born black. Chances are you grow up poor and with way less opportunities, for there's hardly a ladder out of that when your family is poor, and to a large extent this is the result of decade-long discrimination that takes generations to overcome, if ever.

But you said "white is the new black", and I took issue with that.

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 05:59 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't see that as the whole explanation, but that certainly is true. And I'd agree that the question is what to do about it.

As to why, this is just one of those disadvantages one faces when being born black. Chances are you grow up poor and with way less opportunities, for there's hardly a ladder out of that when your family is poor, and to a large extent this is the result of decade-long discrimination that takes generations to overcome, if ever.

But you said "white is the new black", and I took issue with that.

I think his point, and forgive me if I'm not getting this right, is that while it was once acceptable to be racist towards blacks it is no acceptable to be racist towards whites.  I certainly wouldn't compare what's going on now to the historical treatment of black people in this country and I would hope no one else would be insane enough to do so.

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - Belsnickel - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 05:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: You can also find Industrial Society and It's Future and The Communist Manifesto online. 

Indeed. But I recommend Das Kapital instead of the Manifesto. A better read, IMHO. LOL

As for this whole thread, what a shitshow. I have not the energy nor the patience to address all of the ignorant, prejudiced, bigoted, anti-science tomfoolery expressed in this thread by certain individuals. The dearth of critical thinking skills from those claiming to have the facts and "common sense" on these issues as well as the highly evident lack of any understanding of the topic is asinine. I don't know of any nice way to put it.

(03-04-2021, 06:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think his point, and forgive me if I'm not getting this right, is that while it was once acceptable to be racist towards blacks it is no acceptable to be racist towards whites. 

It is not "acceptable" to be discriminate against whites.  And whites are not being discriminated against.  There are studies that show that minorities are being discriminated against by law enforcement, employers, and landlords.  There is no evidence any of this is happening against whites.

And even many of th claims that it is acceptable to be racists against whites is not true.  For example you posted a claim that the NYT said it was okay to be racists against whites when the very story said that they condemned the language used against whites and the person who di it apologized.  This is mainly just another lie being circulated in the right wing echo chamber.

(03-04-2021, 05:37 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Ok, so then I personally would see Kaitlyn Jenner as a cross dresser who thinks he is a Woman.

Then why do you keep saying he is a man who thinks he can change into a woman?

Are you just trying to make him sound stupid?

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - BFritz21 - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 06:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Indeed. But I recommend Das Kapital instead of the Manifesto. A better read, IMHO. LOL

As for this whole thread, what a shitshow. I have not the energy nor the patience to address all of the ignorant, prejudiced, bigoted, anti-science tomfoolery expressed in this thread by certain individuals. The dearth of critical thinking skills from those claiming to have the facts and "common sense" on these issues as well as the highly evident lack of any understanding of the topic is asinine. I don't know of any nice way to put it.

lol.  

Personal attack at me with the quoting what I said. 

Hilariously ironic considering you state that I ignore facts when you're the one that arguing a man can magically become a woman just because of something in his mind.  

News Flash: what someone believes in their mind DOES NOT change objective reality or physical reality.

(03-04-2021, 06:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol.  

Personal attack at me with the quoting what I said. 

Hilariously ironic considering you state that I ignore facts when you're the one that arguing a man can magically become a woman just because of something in his mind.  

News Flash: what someone believes in their mind DOES NOT change objective reality or physical reality.

Hey, I'm the one with science on my side. You have zero actual comprehension of what facts are, what objective means, or likely many other things for that matter. You've had these things explained to you before, with evidence presented to you, and you choose to continue this way. That's willful ignorance. It's bigotry. Play the victim all you like but when you engage in this behavior you are being bigoted to marginalized communities and you should be told about yourself.

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - BFritz21 - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 06:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Hey, I'm the one with science on my side. You have zero actual comprehension of what facts are, what objective means, or likely many other things for that matter. You've had these things explained to you before, with evidence presented to you, and you choose to continue this way. That's willful ignorance. It's bigotry. Play the victim all you like but when you engage in this behavior you are being bigoted to marginalized communities and you should be told about yourself.

You're the one with science on your side?!

Men have penises.  

Woman have vaginas.

Show me the science that refutes that because that's what I've been arguing.

(03-04-2021, 06:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're the one with science on your side?!

Men have penises.  

Woman have vaginas.

Show me the science that refutes that because that's what I've been arguing.

I've already provided many studies that explain this all to you, and you have chosen to ignore them, just as you choose to ignore anything that disproves your narrow, closed minded worldview. You'd rather wallow in your bigotry, and I'm going to leave you to it.

RE: The Left Is Cancelling Dr Seuss - TheUberHuber - 03-04-2021

I like how some people say they love free market capitalism but also want to tell someone how to run their business.