Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Does God exist? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Does God exist? (/Thread-Does-God-exist)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Does God exist? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-01-2022

(07-30-2022, 03:05 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: this is like 5 or 6 times ive seen you slander "american Christians". you say your better than us because your catholic. are you kidding me? you belong to a religion thats raped and diddled maybe millions of kids for centuries all over the dang world. you aint got no moral high ground over us bud. you cant say your better than american Christians if you belong to a religion that done what yours has. you acusing amercan Christians of hypocrisy is rich. 

Priests have, not the people at large.

**** priests, I don't worship them.

I have INTENSE moral high ground, due to me being Catholic, so sit down and shut up.

(07-31-2022, 02:21 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: nope. i attacked the idea of cathlics being better than american Christians. i went after his words and that religion not him. see the differnce bud. 

Yeah, you went with another false equivalency; how many non-priests have abused children? Probably the same amount of American Christians, percentage-wise.

And why the hell are you pitting the two religions against each other anyways? WE BELIEVE THE SAME DAMN TEXT AND THE ***EXACT*** SAME MORALS AND TEACHINGS.

We just differ on how to worship. And the absolute raping and misconstruing of said text is perverse and wrong, as American Christians twist shit and use it for personal gain.

I don't see any priests (modern day, anyways) or the people at large doing this. In the US though? Hell, look at the Turpins and the Wesson case and those are just extreme cases; there are a TON of incest and child abuse situations that are never known in the US, where, "Christians," do this to kids.

I repeat; sit down and shut up. As stated, I am an INCREDIBLY humble, tolerant and nice person, but **** all of that when dealing with something like yourself. I don't claim to have all the answers, but there shouldn't be a single soul who should EVER take advice or listen to you. People like you have ruined the country you live in and your seed is spreading to the rest of the world, like the cancer it is.

RE: Does God exist? - Leon - 08-02-2022

(08-01-2022, 07:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I have INTENSE moral high ground, due to me being Catholic, so sit down and shut up.

I repeat; sit down and shut up. As stated, I am an INCREDIBLY humble, tolerant and nice person

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

we can all do better friend

RE: Does God exist? - michaelsean - 08-02-2022

(07-30-2022, 03:05 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: this is like 5 or 6 times ive seen you slander "american Christians". you say your better than us because your catholic. are you kidding me? you belong to a religion thats raped and diddled maybe millions of kids for centuries all over the dang world. you aint got no moral high ground over us bud. you cant say your better than american Christians if you belong to a religion that done what yours has. you acusing amercan Christians of hypocrisy is rich. 

1/4 of Americans are Catholic. More than any other denomination. Otherwise known as the original Christians. Get back on the right path. You still have time.

RE: Does God exist? - samhain - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 07:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: 1/4 of Americans are Catholic. More than any other denomination.  Otherwise known as the original Christians. Get back on the right path.  You still have time.

LOL.  It's always funny to me to see the evangelicals that have shit on Catholics basically forever in this country be forced to sit and watch a group of Catholics on the court accomplish all they couldn't.  Hate abortion?  Go ahead and thank the awful Catholics for ending Roe.  The hard religious right in the south was so gross to so many people in this country that they just didn't have the staying power to move the ball.  

Meanwhile, Catholics stayed hard at work.  They went to the best legit Jesuit universities and got law degrees.  They became judges and law professors rather than huckster TV preachers and megachurch prosperitypastors/dupes that could pass as early 20th century carnival barkers.  

The Church is far from perfect, but when it comes being the serious branch of American Christianity, it's tough to say anyone else is more efficient.  They don't need money from TV shows or bilking old ladies out of their Social Security.

I'm not a religious man, but I'm always grateful for my Catholic upbringing.  I might even go back if it weren't for the child abuse aspect, which is always tough for me to process as anything other than the purest form of evil I've ever seen.  

I once explained to an evangelical friend of mine why I think people raised Catholic have an advantage over other people.  At the end of the day, you get wired from a young age to understand that everything that happens to you is your fault.  You don't automatically blame other people or even circumstances.  It starts with you when you assign guilt.  The only reasonable reaction to that it to do better so you can stop being so abjectly awful.  That's not how most people are programmed anymore.  Most people expect help and handouts.  We expect to perform penance and hope for forgiveness/absolution.  Works and personal actions matter.  It's not just saying some words and being golden.  You have to put the work in.

RE: Does God exist? - Dill - 08-02-2022

(08-01-2022, 07:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And why the hell are you pitting the two religions against each other anyways? WE BELIEVE THE SAME DAMN TEXT AND THE ***EXACT*** SAME MORALS AND TEACHINGS.

Not sure about that.

Otherwise why the impetus to reformation?

RE: Does God exist? - Leon - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 07:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: 1/4 of Americans are Catholic. More than any other denomination.  Otherwise known as the original Christians. Get back on the right path.  You still have time.

you have been taught very wrong friend. 

RE: Does God exist? - SunsetBengal - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 04:26 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: you have been taught very wrong friend. 

If you don't agree with his statement, can you tell us which Christian faith came about prior to the advent of Catholicism?

RE: Does God exist? - BigPapaKain - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 04:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you don't agree with his statement, can you tell us which Christian faith came about prior to the advent of Catholicism?

Apocalyptic Jewish Christians.

Sorry - didn't mean to cut in.

RE: Does God exist? - Belsnickel - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 12:08 PM)samhain Wrote: LOL.  It's always funny to me to see the evangelicals that have shit on Catholics basically forever in this country be forced to sit and watch a group of Catholics on the court accomplish all they couldn't.  Hate abortion?  Go ahead and thank the awful Catholics for ending Roe.  The hard religious right in the south was so gross to so many people in this country that they just didn't have the staying power to move the ball.  

Meanwhile, Catholics stayed hard at work.  They went to the best legit Jesuit universities and got law degrees.  They became judges and law professors rather than huckster TV preachers and megachurch prosperitypastors/dupes that could pass as early 20th century carnival barkers.  

The Church is far from perfect, but when it comes being the serious branch of American Christianity, it's tough to say anyone else is more efficient or serious.  They don't need money from TV shows or bilking old ladies out of their Social Security.

I'm not a religious man, but I'm always grateful for my Catholic upbringing.  I might even go back if it weren't for the child abuse aspect, which is always tough for me to process as anything other than the purest form of evil I've ever seen.  

I once explained to an evangelical friend of mine why I think people raised Catholic have an advantage over other people.  At the end of the day, you get wired from a young age to understand that everything that happens to you is your fault.  You don't automatically blame other people or even circumstances.  It starts with you when you assign guilt.  The only reasonable reaction to that it to do better so you can stop being so abjectly awful.  That's not how most people are programmed anymore.  Most people expect help and handouts.  We expect to perform penance and hope for forgiveness/absolution.  Works and personal actions matter.  It's not just saying some words and being golden.  You have to put the work in.

Ready for the fun part? Evangelicals were actually pro-choice before and immediately following Roe. It wasn't until a few years later when the evangelicals were trying to avoid the integration of their schools that they adopted some more hardline positions to separate them out and claim religious liberty. Becoming pro-life was a part of that. Prior to their attempts to keep black people out of their schools the idea of being pro-life was seen as "a Catholic thing" and nothing more.

RE: Does God exist? - samhain - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 04:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ready for the fun part? Evangelicals were actually pro-choice before and immediately following Roe. It wasn't until a few years later when the evangelicals were trying to avoid the integration of their schools that they adopted some more hardline positions to separate them out and claim religious liberty. Becoming pro-life was a part of that. Prior to their attempts to keep black people out of their schools the idea of being pro-life was seen as "a Catholic thing" and nothing more.

Yep.  They were all for keeping nonwhite numbers down, not to mention preventing the poor from popping out tons of kids.  Us Catholic folk have been popping out 10 kid families for sport since before this country existed, lol.  Never really mattered if they had money or were broke.  I've talked to Catholics from the WWII generation, my grandpa included who literally saw it as their duty to reproduce as much as they possibly could in order to bump up the numbers in the overall population.  Grandpa tapped out at 11 kids, so I guess he did his duty to Rome.  

I view the Church in the grand scheme of things as the entity that's been doing what evangelicals try to do for centuries.  They've spread around the world by force and maybe a few other means.  They sit on a shit ton of resources and have a single global pontiff with major influence on every populated continent.  Evangelicals just want their own second-rate cable channel and a few shitty theme parks to brag about.  Oh, and there's Christian rock.  Can't forget that contribution.  There may be evangelical mission efforts in other parts of the world, but I get the sense that most of the planet outside of the US views their influence as rather weak.  

The Church has Vatican City and the great cathedrals.  Evangelicals have shopping mall churches with Starbucks in them and some dude playing electric guitar at service.  Yeah.

RE: Does God exist? - GMDino - 08-02-2022

I just can't help myself.  NSFW..kinda.

(08-02-2022, 04:26 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: you have been taught very wrong friend. 

Just going by the Bible.  But you keep hanging out in the Old testament that Jesus erased.

RE: Does God exist? - Arturo Bandini - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 04:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you don't agree with his statement, can you tell us which Christian faith came about prior to the advent of Catholicism?

Copts or Orthodox I guess.

RE: Does God exist? - SunsetBengal - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 06:17 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Copts or Orthodox I guess.

I think that BigPapaKain has likely the most accurate answer, with Apocalyptic Jews.  As the Apostles could be considered to be the "first" followers of Christ, or Christians, and I believe that they were all previously of the Jewish faith.

RE: Does God exist? - BigPapaKain - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 06:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that BigPapaKain has likely the most accurate answer, with Apocalyptic Jews.  As the Apostles could be considered to be the "first" followers of Christ, or Christians, and I believe that they were all previously of the Jewish faith.

First thing I've gotten right all damn day then. What a cluster ****.

Also, how metal does Apocalyptic Jews sound?

RE: Does God exist? - Dill - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 06:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that BigPapaKain has likely the most accurate answer, with Apocalyptic Jews.  As the Apostles could be considered to be the "first" followers of Christ, or Christians, and I believe that they were all previously of the Jewish faith.

Whaaa? 

My sainted mother-in-law would be quick to remind everyone that PETER was the ROCK upon which Jesus founded his revision of Judaism.

And Peter was a Catholic!!  First Bishop of Rome!!!

(08-02-2022, 07:44 PM)Dill Wrote: Whaaa? 

My sainted mother-in-law would be quick to remind everyone that PETER was the ROCK upon which Jesus founded his revision of Judaism.

And Peter was a Catholic!!  First Bishop of Rome!!!

And that’s all she wrote. Bind and loose baby. Bind and loose.

RE: Does God exist? - Fan_in_Kettering - 08-21-2022

Yes. God exists. No team can go from 4-11-1 to being AFC champions in a year without divine intervention.

RE: Does God exist? - StoneTheCrow - 08-21-2022

I’ve been up on the mountain, and I’ve seen his wondrous grace. I’ve sat there on the barstool and I’ve looked him in the face. -Childers

Yes.

RE: Does God exist? - Nately120 - 08-22-2022

(08-21-2022, 05:38 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I’ve been up on the mountain, and I’ve seen his wondrous grace. I’ve sat there on the barstool and I’ve looked him in the face. -Childers

Yes.

[Image: 792d96d94af4c233bebb74a842904835e6f59af9...7681_1.jpg]