Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Go Cards - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 07:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, Twitter is a lie infested shit hole, lol.

I get all my Bengals news here. When hearing any Bengals rumors I come straight here for the scoop knowing you good folks are already on it

(07-27-2023, 07:04 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Dude.

I ***** feel for you, man. That is just terrible. I'm only 30 but this is the second major injury I have had and by far the worst. It has taken some spirit out of me but I really hope you are able to get to feeling better, one way or another. 

Well I can honestly say I earned all my ailments. Played all sports and worked off ladders for 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week for 30 years before moving to the hospital a little over 10 years ago. The older guys always warned me this day would come, and to be fair they were right. But would not change a thing and would go hard again if I had to do it all over again.  Although it has been 2 months since surgery and its still super swelled and now they want to put a gel injection in it. Haven't decided yet if Im going to do or not, have heard good and bad about them

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 09:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Every player? I’m talking the Franchise QB. One if it was anyone else would be labeled injury prone. I would sit him at the slightest discomfort.

The staff is familiar with the calf. It’s taken both Hubbard and Reader out before. How long did Reader miss? I’d consider that timeline  best case scenario. 

What was his injury the training staff should have held him out of practice for?

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Bengalbug - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 09:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What was his injury the training staff should have held him out of practice for?

Muscle tightness.. but in all seriousness, if he thought he could give it a go.. you give it a go.

These things happen, better now than 5-6 weeks.

(07-27-2023, 09:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Every player? I’m talking the Franchise QB. One if it was anyone else would be labeled injury prone. I would sit him at the slightest discomfort.

The staff is familiar with the calf. It’s taken both Hubbard and Reader out before. How long did Reader miss? I’d consider that timeline  best case scenario. 

Reader and Hendrickson are much bigger men. Takes longer for them to heal leg injuries.

Also, injury prone? Torn ACL, appendicitis and this.. lol. I’d call that unfortunate, not injury prone.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - SunsetBengal - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 09:27 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Burrow shouldn’t have been practicing.That was was a mistake to let him practice,while having issues with his calf,as is obvious by him wearing a calf sleeve.He wasn’t wearing it just for looks.

Calm down, it's just a calf strain.  Joe Burrow is an elite athlete in the top 0.01 percent of humans when it comes to physical conditioning and performance.  He's still at an age where healing of this type of thing happens very quickly.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Soonerpeace - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 09:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And why wouldn’t you be able to post? But able to send me a private message? Are you afraid your completely anonymous source will be linked to an anonymous screen name on a topic which is being reported by multiple members of the national media? Don’t worry. We’ll blame Garafolo. GTFO LMAO

Do you smell that?

That’s the smell of bullshit.

Then I won’t. I’ll send to someone else

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Go Cards - 07-27-2023

If Ive said it once Ive said 20 times or more over the years. Dial up Teddy Bridgewater and get him in here as a back up QB.

He is the perfect fit and great insurance. Plus just the money the FO would make off of the Louisville fans would pay his salary.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Sled21 - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 09:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If Ive said it once Ive said 20 times or more over the years. Dial up Teddy Bridgewater and get him in here as a back up QB.

He is the perfect fit and great insurance.  Plus just the money the FO would make off of the Louisville fans would pay his salary.

I'd love to have Teddy here.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Sled21 - 07-27-2023

So here's another scenario. Disclaimer:I don't believe this, but what if???? They were talking on NFL radio about RBs sitting out and costing themselves fines of 50K per day or more. They said the new move is players sitting in, ie they show up and all of a sudden they have a tight hammy or something that keeps them off the field until their contract is signed, but negates the fine. So what's the chances Burrow's agent told him to do this until he gets his new contract? I really don't think that's Joe's style, but just about any other player and I would be suspicious.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - basballguy - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So here's another scenario. Disclaimer:I don't believe this, but what if???? They were talking on NFL radio about RBs sitting out and costing themselves fines of 50K per day or more. They said the new move is players sitting in, ie they show up and all of a sudden they have a tight hammy or something that keeps them off the field until their contract is signed, but negates the fine. So what's the chances Burrow's agent told him to do this until he gets his new contract? I really don't think that's Joe's style, but just about any other player and I would be suspicious.

This is a PnR level conspiracy lol.  I like it.  

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 09:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Then I won’t. I’ll send to someone else

If you sent me a message, what would prevent me from revealing that info? Or someone else from doing the same? Nothing. So it would be irresponsible and idiotic to reveal that info to a rando like me if you actually wanted to protect your source.

What could you possibly report that hasn’t already been reported or won’t be reported or speculated about? And who the hell are you worried might be monitoring your posts like they’re encrypted WWII Nazi communications and they’re trying to crack your code?

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Essex Johnson - 07-27-2023

Of course we are and should sign him to a long term contract, but he is becoming injury prone which is also worrisome in the long run

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 09:42 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Reader and Hendrickson are much bigger men.  Takes longer for them to heal leg injuries.

Also, injury prone?  Torn ACL, appendicitis and this..  lol.  I’d call that unfortunate, not injury prone.

Plus there's A LOT of leg push off and strain at those positions. Especially Reader.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 09:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If Ive said it once Ive said 20 times or more over the years. Dial up Teddy Bridgewater and get him in here as a back up QB.

He is the perfect fit and great insurance.  Plus just the money the FO would make off of the Louisville fans would pay his salary.

That would honestly be a pretty damn good pickup.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - phil413 - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: That would honestly be a pretty damn good pickup.

Yeah mentioned him earlier, he makes too much sense. Career 66% completion percentage, solid in a pinch and can't be that expensive.  Hopefully they've accounted for the extensions and would consider the opportunity to showcase and maybe win a ring.  Maybe 3M with 1M in incentives?

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - LSUfaninTN - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Of course we are and should  sign him to a long term contract, but he is becoming injury prone which is also worrisome in the long run

See this is my concern. I don’t think he is “injury prone” necessarily, but he is so strong willed that he would play on a broken leg if he could. I don’t think he should’ve practiced with the calf issue, but the dude is just not scared of anything, even with the risk of aggravating the injury. At this point I’m almost thinking it’s his ego, and he wants his teammates to see that he’s not a wuss. There are pro’s and con’s to that.

Most QB’s who come off an Achilles injury play safe to avoid injury. It didn’t seem like he changed anything, at least during the second half of the season. 

This is the same guy who said in college “I don’t slide.” Thankfully he does now.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Essex Johnson - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: That would honestly be a pretty damn good pickup.

No reason to spend $$ on another backup, he won;t be out that long plus this team is built to win without Joe .... they can survive if needed without his service for a short time period...

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - jj22 - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 09:42 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Reader and Hendrickson are much bigger men.  Takes longer for them to heal leg injuries.

Also, injury prone?  Torn ACL, appendicitis and this..  lol.  I’d call that unfortunate, not injury prone.

His lengthy injury history dates back to OSU and LSU. 

He also hurt his knee at the end of 2021. I’m not slamming Joe he is tough as they come but there’s been always some “bad luck” surrounding him healthwise. 

I think if anything by now we are kinda seeing that play out his professional career as time goes.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Tony - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: His lengthy injury history dates back to OSU and LSU. 

He also hurt his knee at the end of 2021. I’m not slamming Joe he is tough as they come but there’s been always some “bad luck” surrounding him healthwise. 

I think if anything by now we are kinda seeing that play out his professional career as time goes.

Don't forget the knee in the superbowl, the pinky last year.. They are starting to add up..

(07-27-2023, 10:36 PM)Tony Wrote: Don't forget the knee in the superbowl, the pinky last year.. They are starting to add up..

None of these injuries have anything to do with depleted OLs and consistent pressure.