Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-out-for-the-season-with-torn-ligament)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Frank Booth - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 07:09 PM)Destro Wrote: Volson is starting. Volson. People can boo-hoo the defense here and there. Mixon and the TE group can get some hate at times. But if this O-line is not the constant JV group of this team, I don't know what is. Mixon sees defenders in his lap when he gets the ball out of shotgun 4 yards behind the LOS and Burrow's post game jerseys belong on Tide commercials. 

Next year, it'll likely be a new rb and Burrow on the mend. Need a line

they're most likely gonna have to replace Jonah, which will most likely be a downgrade. So they sure as hell have to get Volson out of there

but if that line was healthy last year, I believe they win the afc chip. You cant have 3 out 5 starters missing, when the line isnt even that good as is

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Synric - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 06:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: PFF and others have Bowers Top 5.  

It will be interesting to see where he actually goes because of Positional value. Right now he's getting mocked 6 to 10 alot (Rams the most common landing spot)

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Destro - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 07:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they're most likely gonna have to replace Jonah, which will most likely be a downgrade. So they sure as hell have to get Volson out of there

but if that line was healthy last year, I believe they win the afc chip. You cant have 3 out 5 starters missing, when the line isnt even that good as is

I wouldn't disagree that point.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Goalpost - 11-17-2023

Sure hope they don't penalize the Bengals a draft pick. This seems to be in 'stay tuned' mode at the moment. Joe seemed to be throwing normal before this happened imo. It sucks though how the film caught him in a sleeve prior to this.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - TKUHL - 11-17-2023

**** **** ****!!!!

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Chezaugie - 11-17-2023

I know this is premature, but as the injury is on his throwing hand it is a real possibility he may never return to his previous form. As such, should a QB be a priority for next year's draft? They can still get decent OL picks as well. Bengals are likely to have a top ten pick.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - TKUHL - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 07:17 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Sure hope they don't penalize the Bengals a draft pick. This seems to be in 'stay tuned' mode at the moment. Joe seemed to be throwing normal before this happened imo. It sucks though how the film caught him in a sleeve prior to this.

I dunno, he wasn’t putting much zip on his throws. Best case scenario they can say he had the splint on due to the finger injury a few weeks back. I think we are screwed though. Draft picks will be taken away. So pissed about this. Who knows, if some of those bs calls don’t happen, maybe he didn’t get hurt. But damn that line sucks ass.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Tomkat - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 07:21 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I dunno, he wasn’t putting much zip on his throws. Best case scenario they can say he had the splint on due to the finger injury a few weeks back. I think we are screwed though. Draft picks will be taken away. So pissed about this. Who knows, if some of those bs calls don’t happen, maybe he didn’t get hurt. But damn that line sucks ass.

HE WAS WEARING AN I-PAD GLOVE, NOT A SPLINT.
Jeez why is this still even being discussed?
He was not injured going into the game.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - NUGDUKWE - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 06:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah, as much as I think Mixon is inconsistent, when he's having a good night we still don't run him enough. Maybe it's Burrow and Zac wanting to air it out or think it's a higher % to get 3-4 yards, maybe. Then can Burrow handle that for the length of the season with no load management (i.e. run game). Also Mixon is taking 91% of the run calls so he probably feels like he's burdened when he's simultaneously not being asked to run enough lol.

Didn't Burrow throw like 50+ times during one of his calf games? I think we were like wtf after that loss lol. At least they know the experiment of keeping Burrow in the pocket failed, on this team where he doesn't have time, we can't do that again.

Browning looked good enough to win 1 out of 4 games to start the season for our hindsight bias, merely because he can run and isn't afraid to throw the ball deep.

Yeah I want to say he threw it like 45 times against Cleveland week 1. I could be wrong. But we certainly want to stick with the run. I get that Mixon isn't that explosive but I still can't figure out why we absolutely refuse to use anyone else. We didn't even give Williams a run until 3rd and 20 or whatever it was. I just don't get the plan? I mean there couldn't be a plan your limiting the amount you can run if only using Mixon and what happens if he goes down. You completely lean on a guy who was getting no reps. I think we really need fresh eyes on offense but it's just not gonna happen. Don't see anyone getting promoted somewhere and we aren't gonna go outta the way to make a change.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Frank Booth - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 07:27 PM)Tomkat Wrote: HE WAS WEARING AN I-PAD GLOVE, NOT A SPLINT.

It was an arm sleeve

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - TecmoBengals - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 06:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: PFF and others have Bowers Top 5.  

These teams all have 3 or fewer wins:
Giants
Rams
Cards
Panthers
Patriots
Titans

These teams only have 4 wins:
Jets
Chargers
Broncos
Commanders
Bucs
Falcons

Lots of suck......

Who among this group is destined to take a QB? 

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - TecmoBengals - 11-17-2023

The Hobspin game is strong. Check out the headline for the Burrow injury:

Quote:Burrow Transitions From Playmaker To Playoff Run Counselor After Season-Ending Wrist Injury

Playoff run? Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Millhouse - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 07:27 PM)Tomkat Wrote: HE WAS WEARING AN I-PAD GLOVE, NOT A SPLINT.

Burrow said in his presser that "This is a completely different thing. It's not uncommon for guys to wear compression sleeves on the plane. When you go up to that altitude, things can swell up."

Just wanted to throw that out there. But I agree I don't think he was injured going into the game. All reports from Tuesday night practice was he was throwing fine with no issues of any kind.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 06:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Does anyone think it really happened on one play this game? How likely is that? If not, is this guy injury prone?! How do we trust Burrow for a season on this team with everyone else on it.

Yes. Absolutely. It would be unusual otherwise. And Burrow said he felt a pop which is pretty typical, too.

His offensive line is the only thing that makes him prone to injury.

https://www.beaumont.org/conditions/ligament-tears#:~:text=Common%20causes%20of%20ligament%20tears,awkwardly%2C%20and%20twist%20your%20ankle.

Quote:Common causes of ligament tears are twisting body parts or hard or awkward landings. Tears often happen when ligaments are stretched fully and then encounter some form of impact or trauma. Ankle sprains, a mild torn ligament in the ankle, can happen when you are walking or running, land awkwardly, and twist your ankle.

An ankle sprain is a ligament injury. Grade I is mild. Grade III is a complete tear.

Have you ever heard of someone twisting their ankle slowly over the course of a season? No. Because that isn’t the nature of how a ligament tear happens.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Destro - 11-17-2023

Internet is full of garbage, but saw one thing where Chris Long says he was injured in the Texans game. I don't know how to ink things, but google works.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Interceptor - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 06:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Was it?  

Yes. It was on TikTok but then they removed it. So he was injured before he even entered the stadium.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - THE PISTONS - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 07:20 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I know this is premature, but as the injury is on his throwing hand it is a real possibility he may never return to his previous form. As such, should a QB be a priority for next year's draft? They can still get decent OL picks as well. Bengals are likely to have a top ten pick.

Depends on if nerves are involved. This is an injury that no other nfl qb has had. So it's unknown.

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 07:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: I see we're back to casting blame. Burrow got hurt - it happens. We don't even know if it is football related or if it is when it happened.

At this point just wish him well and a speedy recovery. And then the priority turns to making the best out of the rest of this season so that next season we start AND finish strong. That means things like getting Yoshi, Chuck Sizzle and the rest of the kids as many snaps as possible so they get experience. It means having an actual strategy for offseason that probably needs to include rethinking the offense in terms of game plan and scheme so Burrow returns to one with an actual identity. It also means the defense practices tackling and learning how to read and react in the zones correctly until they can do them in their sleep. Build the foundations so next year we can FINALLY hoist a Lombardi!

What?! We don’t even know if it’s football related?

RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - Interceptor - 11-17-2023

[Image: 2-39.jpg?w=1200]

(11-17-2023, 07:17 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Sure hope they don't penalize the Bengals a draft pick. This seems to be in 'stay tuned' mode at the moment. Joe seemed to be throwing normal before this happened imo. It sucks though how the film caught him in a sleeve prior to this.

Burrow didn’t start the game with an injury requiring season ending surgery. MRI results ensure their draft picks are safe.