Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** (/Thread-2023-NFL-Draft-Thread)

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Frank Booth - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 11:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's not about Carman "being good". It's about him competing and winning a job. No one is saying hand the job to Carman. 

If he comes in, plays really well, and wins the RT job...then what?

I know you guys dont like Jonah, but it's a dream that he outplays Jonah for RT

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - BrownAssClown - 04-28-2023

Short of a career ending injury, Washington is worth the chance in the late 3rd.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nately120 - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 11:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Avoided agility drills, dude is obviously 400 pounds lol

For a second I thought you meant the RB was 400lbs.  I'd be on board with that since it's just so damn absurd. 

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - pulses - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 11:20 PM)samhain Wrote: Would we take another db if Ringo fell?  Not saying we should.  Just wonder if we would.

This might be an acceptable spot for Duncan, too.

no

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - WeezyBengal - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 11:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I know you guys dont like Jonah, but it's a dream that he outplays Jonah for RT

Jonah doesn't want to be here. 

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - cinci4life - 04-28-2023

Ratbirds almost let the clock run out.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - BengalsLUFC - 04-28-2023

Ossai missed his rookie season with injury.

Unless his knee is literally ground to powder we have to take Washington, if we pass on this I’m going to be pissed.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 11:20 PM)samhain Wrote: Would we take another db if Ringo fell?  Not saying we should.  Just wonder if we would.

This might be an acceptable spot for Duncan, too.

If Ringo is there, we should take him

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Synric - 04-28-2023

Oh shit Spears knee might be done in year 2.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - jj22 - 04-28-2023

Damn. That’s wh you never know with the medical. Taj knee is a mess.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Whatever - 04-28-2023

I swear, with all the teeth gnashing in this thread you'd think the Bengals had a dozen picks every round to draft all these guys people are disappointed in not getting.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Frank Booth - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 11:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Jonah doesn't want to be here. 

it's not up to him. He's gonna have to play if the bengals want to keep him. And it would be in his best interest to play well if he wants a big contract

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - matmaven - 04-28-2023

6 ahead of us. I have:

Johnson RB
Bigsby RB
Abanikanda RB

Scott WR

Washington TE (injury concern?)

Jones T (weight concerns?)

Adebawore DE

Ringo CB

Have to think RB is most likely, but who knows. Maybe they can trade for Allgeier :)

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-28-2023

6 picks left. I'll go 10.

D. Jones, Washington, Kuntz, Wypler, Ika, Adebewore, Zavala, Ringo, Scott, Abanikanda.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - TheLeonardLeap - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 11:08 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So you would pass on talent to draft for what you consider a perceived need?

RT is not a huge question mark at all. Jonah Williams will be the starting RT and he will be pushed dramatically by Carman. 

LG is not a question mark either it is Cordell Volson.

There was not a single TE or RB that was close to being a better value in the first than the selection of Murphy...not even remotely.

There were I believe 4 games last season where the Bengals were down both TE1 and TE2 and they won all 4 of those games if I am not mistaken. I would really like to see Josh Whyle, Davis Allen, Cameron Latu, or Payne Durham taken in this draft but I am not going to overemphasize the need of big time TE talent in this offense.

Yes. I'm a pretty big believer in the easiest upgrades to a roster that is already good (like the Bengals') is being finding the weakest players who are getting playing time and replacing them up to at least an average level. 

To put some arbitrary numbers to it solely to help explain where I am coming from... Taking a 4/10 player that gets meaningful snaps and replacing them with a 6/10 player who may develop into a 7/10 player is more helpful than backing up an 8/10 player with a 7/10 player who may develop into a 9/10 player. You are adding a more talented player with the latter, but his impact is limited by playing time so you'll actually improve more with the former even if he's less talented.

The Bengals are primed to win a SB now. Soon they'll have to dedicate large amounts of cap space to Burrow, Chase, and (maybe) Higgins. I would like to try to win a SB or two before that happens and it becomes much harder to have this complete of a roster again.

- - - - -
Neither of Jonah or Carman are RTs. Jonah allowed 12 sacks and is always hurt, Carman didn't look bad at LT, but he's looked terrible everywhere else he's played. That's a huge gamble to bet a SB and Burrow's health on. We've seen what one truly truly bad guy starting on the OL can do in the past. (My mind goes to Ogbuehi at RT in 2016.)

I'm not particularly sold on Volson. I am not saying I hate him starting, I said in a Jungle Noise that it would be great if he could take a step forward this year hence why he's just a small question mark, but he's certainly pretty low hanging fruit if you're looking where you can make improvement.

I agree there was no RB to take in the 1st. Any there would have been a big stretch. That said, the difference between 28 and 34 and 35 (where two TEs went) isn't so big that I would consider it a reach. I continue to wonder how much of the role of TEs in the offense is based around the fact that they never have any good TEs. Kind of self-fulfilling prophesy there.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - jj22 - 04-28-2023

Washington looked healthy at the combine. Baltimore got a good linebacker. AFCN is having a hell of a draft.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - leonardfan40 - 04-28-2023

Washington
Jones
Battle
Bigsby

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Synric - 04-28-2023

Patrick Queen done in Baltimore? Simpson and Rowuan Smith say yes.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Soonerpeace - 04-28-2023

Blake Freeland was brought in for a visit. Might watch for him.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-28-2023

Nengals probably have Freeland on their radar.